Rots Only On Dvd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McCusto
No VHS for ROTS

darthmonkey9206
bout time for that.

Ast
If this news actually effects you, than i have this to say....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

darthmonkey9206
yeah same with fullscreen crap.

McCusto
Doesn't affect me the least bit

Ast
I dont care what arguments you have for vhs, I have two for dvd that you cant argue with...

Picture and sound.

kalsemo
Ast, I see you are a Star Wars fan AND a Seinfeld fan!!!! Giddyup! big grin

Ast
wink

darthmonkey9206
haha, nice dude, seinfeld is awesome. So you work in Latex?

Ast
Originally posted by darthmonkey9206
haha, nice dude, seinfeld is awesome. So you work in Latex?

Work, that is funny. stick out tongue

Being CEO means I dont work, I actually just had a bed installed under my desk. big grin

darthmonkey9206
hmm, hopefully you didnt get conrad. or conny or con. laughing out loud

BAILY
HAHAHAHA!! (to those who wanted ROTS on VHS..) Now you gotta get out of the 80's and join the real world... move out of your parents basements.. or even better yet.. ask you parents to get you a DVD player.. and when they ask what that is... tell them.. and they will say "You dont need that Donald.. use that VCR we bought you back in 1978 sweetie.." ROFLMAO!!!!

queeq
VHS.... that crap.

PVS
Happy Dance

take that fanboys!!!!! laughing out loud

"i actually like vhs better than dvd, or at least i tell myself that so i can feel like a nonconformist"

Neo_Version 7
I say they bring back BETA. thumb up

BAILY
and I CANT argue with that.. lol

Neo_Version 7
BETA was the shit!

jedihuh?
BETA was shit you mean. and the only reason why VHS wasn't/isn't discountinued is because they have to grandfather dvds in. if they just stop one thing everytime a new a better thing comes out people would be pissed off all the time.(I have a dvd player, and I liek dvds better, and I agree that vhs should have been discountinued earlier) now with the blueray being the next big craze along with High def. its gonna be sweet. what im not looking forward to is Starwars 3D. those glasses make my head hurt.

DarthLazious
Say what?

I always get both visions of ever Star Wars flim.

This bites big time.

Ast
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Say what?

I always get both visions of ever Star Wars flim.

This bites big time.

Why the hell do you do that?

EHmasterJedi
Yeah of course i get them on DVD but jezz they released 5 of the 6 on VHS they should release they last one on general princple, ive got all of them on DVD and VHS

Ast
Im pretty sure VHS cost more to make than DVDs, so why bother when you know you arent going to near enough for it to be profitable?

BAILY
God here in Canada.. a new release VHS costs about $18 CDN and a new DVD is about $24..... or in the case of Sin City... the VHS was $18.99 and the DVD $19.99... lol... give it up... you are living in the past man.. hung up on inferior technology from the 70's man...

Neo_Version 7
BETA's just more old school.

chinabing
It's really going to stink not having it on VHS. Hey, nobody's got a gun to your head to buy the VHS copy.

I want it on VHS! Give to the people who want it! I want a complete set of all 6 on VHS, the same way they were released in the theaters!

BAILY
Originally posted by chinabing
It's really going to stink not having it on VHS. Hey, nobody's got a gun to your head to buy the VHS copy.

I want it on VHS! Give to the people who want it! I want a complete set of all 6 on VHS, the same way they were released in the theaters!

Must be nice to have a deposable income stick out tongue

Boris
Dvd > Vhs, tbh.

DarkC
Originally posted by Ast
If this news actually effects you, than i have this to say....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing
yes

cameron666
I hate widescreen. It have a small tv, and the fullscreen is best for that.

i wanted ROTS on VHS just so i could complete the VHS collection as well as DVD.

neo313
Hey guys, who wants to come over to my house and watch video casettes?

McCusto
Originally posted by neo313
Hey guys, who wants to come over to my house and watch video casettes?

lol no

Stunrun
"Now VHS are all but extinct." big grin

Stunrun
Originally posted by cameron666
I hate widescreen. It have a small tv, and the fullscreen is best for that.

i wanted ROTS on VHS just so i could complete the VHS collection as well as DVD.

then get yourself a 42 inch plazma - the gorilla's at Longleat National Park have one!eek!thumbsup

lmfao

cameron666
Originally posted by Stunrun
then get yourself a 42 inch plazma - the gorilla's at Longleat National Park have one!eek!thumbsup

lmfao

I'm 15, living with my mom. I have a dead father, and my mom is trying to pay off some debts, as well as our bills. We barely have enough money for grocery's.

Besides, i hate the stupid black bars at the top and bottom. i always rent full-screen

chinabing
A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil
of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire
hunt down and destroy the VHS. He betrayed and
murdered videocassettes.

Vader was seduced by the Dark Side of video, the DVD.

BAILY
You know VHS and DVD have their pros and cons.. and well with all the coding problems I have with DVDs and the easy to play VHS.. I wish there was a happy medium where we could have our cake and eat it too

EHmasterJedi
Originally posted by cameron666
Besides, i hate the stupid black bars at the top and bottom. i always rent full-screen

LOL cant stand it when people say this lol, there was a guy ATLEAST 40 years old i was talking to the other day and he said somthing like "man i cant stand these stores they always carry widescreen, where is the fullscreen i want the HOLE picture", LOL cant believe how blind people are, i of course explained to him how widescreen IS the hole picture, and he looked at me dumbfounded LOL

EHmasterJedi
Originally posted by BAILY
You know VHS and DVD have their pros and cons.. and well with all the coding problems I have with DVDs and the easy to play VHS.. I wish there was a happy medium where we could have our cake and eat it too

You could always take the DVD on your computer Decrypt it, then burn it to a DVD-R and do what ever with it.

chinabing
Don't be too proud of laffing at people who prefer full screen. It's true on small screens, widescreen images suffer in size. A 9" or a 12" vcr combo can reduce your enjoyment of the movie when the people are reduced to stick-figure size.

It's not stupid to prefer full screen. How many times do you have to say it? It's a personal choice. It's like preferring Milk Chocolate over Dark Chocolate. Would you say to someone "People who like Milk Chocolate are insufferable morons because they don't know what they're missing with Dark Chocolate."

PVS
Originally posted by chinabing
It's like preferring Milk Chocolate over Dark Chocolate.

no, its like preferring milk chocolate over a pile of excrement

the film is intended for widescreen, therefore widescreen is the proper format.
fullscreen damages the intended aesthetic quality of the film.

but alas...we are off topic and there is a far more suitable thread to argue this

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Ast
Why the hell do you do that?

I do that because well since my Grand Parents dont have a DVD player and only a VCR so when ever I go visit them I bring my VHS of the Star Wars movies so I can watch them.

DarthAJ
i can just copy the dvd on to vhs if i want to get both. One for my vhs collection and one for my dvd.

darthmonkey9206
vhs collection?? wow...

Boris
Retro videoin'!

vader519
Face it, within the next few years, VHS will not exist totally. Some omovies like a Fox and Buena Vista have already stop VHS.

chinabing
We've faced it.

Butcha' know what? People still enjoy LPs, audio cassettes, reel-to-reels, betamax, videodiscs, etc. The more people mock other people's electronic choices, the more they insist on stickin' with what works.

People are wrong when they say VHS is too expensive to produce.. they cost pennies. It's just the margins are bigger on DVDs because they are even cheaper to produce than videocassettes.

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by McCusto
No VHS for ROTS
good vhs suck anyway stick out tongue

Phoenix2001
So?... Is Star Wars III out on DVD yet?

The Ones
nov 1st

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.