Darth Malak vs. ROTS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpiritOfTheDead
I think this would be a good fight, who wins?

Makashi
Yoda.

Darth_Glentract
Yoda. The more I think about Yoda, the stronger I think he is(still no where near god-status). Malak is starting to lose reguard with me. I used to put him above Mace and Dooku, but now he is dead-equal at best.

Jaster Mereel
Yoda, malak just quite isn't up to par.

OBI-Ninja
Well, I've heard Malak can defeat Sidious, Dooku, or Mace., and IMO Yoda isn't LEAGUES above any of the three above, so I think Malak against Yoda would be quite a battle. I'm quite surprised to see that there are only three replies to this thread so far, so......

Darth Traya
It all hinges on the two Jedi that Malak owns on the Star Forge. If they were powerful (they did manage to get to Malak and fight through the Star Forge) then Yoda will probably lose.

If not, then Yoda wins.

The Overmaster
Malak

Malak would saber lock yoda, then he would step on him. smile

jollyjim311
Where does the fight take place?

Darth Traya
Malak will win any sabre lock. Plus he had a longer lightsabre and arms compared to Yoda's short lightsabre and short arms, this might help him to chop Yoda's arms off.

Borbarad
Well...

a)
The power of the Jedi on the SF that Malak kills can be argued. They could have been captured and taken to him. It's not necessary that they fought their way to him.

b)
Having greater range and more physical strength didn't help Dooku much against Yoda and he's nearly as huge as Malak is.

And since I've already argued that Yoda might be able to take Revan I have to say that he's most likely able to defeat Malak.

Escape81
Not to mention he's taller and stronger, as well.

Malak is all well and good, but do I think he could own Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, or Mace? No. I'd put him dead even on Mace's level, so in a saber battle, he could defeat Sidious and perhaps Dooku. But Yoda is simply too quick and too agile for the burly Malak.

The Dark Lord isn't likely to win in a battle of the Force either. Malak's lightning can be handled by Yoda efficiently, and again, Yoda's a small target (hard to hit) and is extremely quick.

I'd say Yoda wins.

jollyjim311
Meh, I say that on the Star Forge, Malak would win with little debate. If it's not on the Star Forge then I need to know where it is or else I don't know who would get terrain advantages and whatnot.

Family_guy725
Malak is strong and good with the force but i dont think he has had as much practice as yoda i mean yoda has been at it for like hundreds of years malak has been training for maybe forty years tops he doesnt look all that old so i guess thats bout right besides yoda moves very fast it'll be hard for malak to do much of anything to him in the end yodas wisdom and strength will let him prevail

Darth_Glentract
Nai, Dooku is 6'3 but Malak is 6'6. Also, Malak's frame is MUCH heavier than Dookus. Malak is a fair bit better than Dooku physically.

Originally posted by Escape81
Malak is all well and good, but do I think he could own Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, or Mace? No. I'd put him dead even on Mace's level, so in a saber battle, he could defeat Sidious and perhaps Dooku. But Yoda is simply too quick and too agile for the burly Malak.

Malak was the second most powerful person of his time, a time when Jedi were generally more powerful than PT Jedi. He also is a user of a great lightsaber(although it's small for a great lightsaber). Great lightsabers required great skill to wield effectively, showing Malak is good.

The Dark Lord isn't likely to win in a battle of the Force either. Malak's lightning can be handled by Yoda efficiently, and again, Yoda's a small target (hard to hit) and is extremely quick.

Malak did control manage to hold those to Jedi on the Star Forge in a force grip until he killed him.

I'd say Yoda wins.

I agree, but it'd be harder than you're saying from what I can tell.

Darth Traya
I would say Yoda wins, Glentract made some pertinent points.

Escape81
Glentract, I was agreeing with Traya. Malak is taller and stronger than Yoda.

Darth_Glentract
Whoops. Meant to say specify that was being said to Nai.

Escape81
Count Dooku is 1.96 centimeters tall. In inches, he's 6'5". Malak is 2 meters. He's 6'7"

Darth_Glentract
Where did you get 1.96 meters? Starwars.com says 1.93 meters which is 6'3. For Malak, I think they changed the entry for Malak. He was 2.02 meters which is 6'6, but now it's 2 meters which is just 6'5 1/2.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Nai, Dooku is 6'3 but Malak is 6'6. Also, Malak's frame is MUCH heavier than Dookus. Malak is a fair bit better than Dooku physically.

I won't doubt that Malak is physically stronger but physical strength is not everything. And I was talking about range where Malak is not that far from Dooku.

As Lucas himself called the PT time the "Golden Age of the Jedi" I, in your position, wouldn't use statements like "the Jedi in Malaks time were generally more powerful than people in the PT era". What have we seen so far the Jedi at Malak times did except getting killed by Dark Jedi / minor Sith (on the SF), assasins (Jedi Purge) and losing to Malak (Kavar - who's maybe the best Jedi lightsaber duellist of his time). And Yoda was the most powerful person of his time and just to say it again "the Golden Age of the Jedi".

Yes...
And Dooku could hold Obi-Wan in a force grib while backkicking Anakin. And ROTJ Luke could force chock two Ghamorrean guards at once. Those Jedi didn't look like being able to fight (hell...they were down on their knees). Doesn't help much to guess Malaks power.

For all we know Yoda might be able to defeat Malak in the same time he did it with Dooku (30 seconds lightsaber duel) or that fight can last very long. From what we know we can't really tell because we don't know how good Malak is with the force or with a saber compared to Yoda.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Borbarad
I won't doubt that Malak is physically stronger but physical strength is not everything. And I was talking about range where Malak is not that far from Dooku.

I'm not going to debate with you on the rest, because it won't going anywhere. On this though, Malak used a great lightsaber. It's a fair bit longer than a regular saber. Malak had significatly greater reach; several(~6-8) inches.

jollyjim311
OK, for the last time WHERE DOES THE BLOODY FIGHT TAKE PLACE?!!!

Darth_Glentract
Since the creator of the thread left a month ago, does the plains of Dantooine sound good?

jollyjim311
Okey day. No real advantages to be had there. Just an all out brawl.

Dantooine has a star map on it and strong star forge connections. Too desperate? I want to say Malak, but I'm not going to vote quite yet.

Darth_Glentract
What will the Star Maps do?

jollyjim311
Ummm, provide some connection to the star forge...maybe, I don't know, maybe nothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.