Anakin Skywalker(AOTC) Vs Obi-Wan(TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GeneralImperius
Padawan Vs Padawan!

Jaster Mereel
I'd go with Anakin bieng the stronger of the two with a blade wink

Darth_Glentract
Ob-wan is far better.

BlackVortex
obi-wan. besides having more experience in my opinion, he's more in-tune with the calm mind-set of the Jedi, and more attuned to the Force.

where as we see Anakin as arrogant, and rushing into battle foolishly.

(on experience, Obi-wan has fought saber wielders before, such as Xanatos various times. as far as i know..anakin hasn't at this point, at least not in real combat.)

Jaster Mereel
How so? Because he could take down a few droids?

I say Anakin;
- Went against over 50 geonosians at once (not a big accomplishment)
- Freed himself at the battle of geonosis, tamed a creature
- Took down far more Droids than Obi-Wan

Although Obi Wan did defeat Maul, it was because he did it with the Dark Side and Maul wasen't prepared at all- when Anakin engaged Dooku, he was already prepared.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, but when Anakin in AOTC went darkside, he got his ass pwned. Obi-Wan put a Sith lord on his ass with half a weapon in under a minute and a half. And Obi-Wan has much more lightsaber and jedi training as a padawan than Anakin did. 20 some years versus 10.

Darth Faunus
Possibly. Although it would be a good fight. I just finished watching AOTC, and the fight with Anakin is actually rather impressive. He and Dooku seem evenly matched, up until the 31st strike (Yes, I counted), upon which Anakin loses his arm. That dude's got skillz.

Jaster Mereel
I see it now, yeah im with y'all now lol

Darth_Janus
He would have easily been one of the best duellists of all time had he not been Mustafar'd. But AOTC was terrible shooting for that fight mostly... a lot of it was Anakin and Dooku standing their trading simple blows. And when he dual wielded, it was rather lackluster, since he didn't do it properly. You know, watching Anakin in ROTS makes me reconsider my original stance against Form V.

Illustrious
Yeah, getting disarmed (literally) twice was a real damper on Anakin's saber wielding potential.

How come Luke never felt all the ill effects of losing a hand? *cough* NJO *cough*

Darth Faunus
Actually, in AOTC, Anakin is an Ataru practioner. It is evident in his style when compared to Obi-Wan in TPM and Jinn. And it is stated in the Official Guide to Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

Se7in
So it's Ataru vs. Ataru. I say Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan:
- Much more experience.
- Killed Maul, despite having to use every skill he had to stay alive, while with his master's help.
- Better attitude in dueling.
- Outdid his master. (In AOTC, Obi-Wan had only a scar on his leg and put up a WAY better fight than Anakin. Anakin even picked up a second saber, remember it was his choice so don't say "well he never practiced with two," and got one cut in half in under 15 seconds. He also lost an arm.)

Neo_Version 7
Anakin sucked with dual sabers.

After seeing stills of AOTC, i had high hopes of a longer battle.

But to answer the question, prolly Obi.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Se7in
So it's Ataru vs. Ataru. I say Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan:
- Much more experience.
- Killed Maul, despite having to use every skill he had to stay alive, while with his master's help.
- Better attitude in dueling.
- Outdid his master. (In AOTC, Obi-Wan had only a scar on his leg and put up a WAY better fight than Anakin. Anakin even picked up a second saber, remember it was his choice so don't say "well he never practiced with two," and got one cut in half in under 15 seconds. He also lost an arm.)

- True, however Anakin, even at this point, is considered incredibly powerful for his age.
-After he got a Force attack into the face and slid into a reactor chamber, yeah. Maul would have killed him, but his arrogance pressed him to toy with the seemingly helpless Obi-Wan. How wrong he was. . .
- Not so much. . . He goes into a fit when Jinn's stabbed. Anakin was actuall rather tempered in AOTC.
- How so? Obi-Wan was struck in both the arm and the leg, and would have been killed (again) if it weren't for Anakin's interference. It was about thirteen blows traded with dual-wielding, the thirteenth of which was the cutting blow. But was does that matter? He's freakin' a quarter Dooku's age, with 1/8 of his experience. The fact that he had Dooku surprised throughout the fight, and taking a hard breath at the end, is a testament to his budding power, in my opinion.

Vapaad_Master
Well Fraunus, remember how Obi-Wan and Dooku fought, and then the camera panned away to Padme and the clonetrooper, they are still fighing during that time.

As for this thread, I would say Obi-Wan. He has much more experience, much more level-headed and recieved much more Jedi-discipline. However, Anakin would give him one hell of a battle.

Darth Faunus
I agree. Although, VM, if I may call you that, I doubt that the switch in focus has an effect here. It was merely to show what was going on with Padme at the same time. I've just watched that same fight four times (Got in on NetFlix), twice in 8x slow-mo, and Dooku and Obi-Wan are still in the same basic motions as before. Same places, too. Although this is rather irrelevant.

In my opinion, it could go either way. I can't make a solid judgement on this fight.

Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Actually, in AOTC, Anakin is an Ataru practioner. It is evident in his style when compared to Obi-Wan in TPM and Jinn. And it is stated in the Official Guide to Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

Really? I saw alotta Shien in there. . .Anakin didn't really do alotta acrobatics.

Vapaad_Master
You can sure call me that. But just because they were in the same position, it doesn't mean they didn't move away, and then move back. The Padme scene was like 15 to 20 seconds long, more than enough time to do so. Another thing, it is also entirely possible to fight stationery (did I just use the right one?). But this is 100% speculation. You could be right as well.

Vapaad_Master
One more thing, I also heard somewhere that during the Padme/clonetrooper scene, Obi-Wan was all over Dooku, but then again, rumours and it could be wrong.

Darth_Nefarus
Anakin took on a much more powerful Sith Lord, even after getting blasted with lightning like a punk.
Obi-Wan would be more cautious to his surroundings than Anakin, so he would likely find a way to win the battle, but if it was based purely on skill in a room where there could be no real advantaged to either of them, Anakin

darthsith19
All right, Anakin trained for 10 years, Obi for 25 so unless Anaki is over twice as powerful as Obi-Wan then Obi wins. Obi is a Knight by the end of TPM and killed a Sith Lord. Anakin got beaten by a slightly more powerful Sith Lord very quickly. Nick Gillard says as far as dueling goes out of 10 AOTC Anakin is a 7 and TPM Obi-Wan is a 6 or 7, but I still say Obi-Wan's just as good as dueling plus he's stronger with the Force, smarter and has more experience. In otherwords: Obi-Wan would win

Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan's stronger in the Force when tommy vercetti becomes a Dipsit.

Anakin was beaten by an incalculably more powerful Sith than Maul, and he lasted as long as AOTC Obi-Wan did.

Your statement somewhat downgraded Kenobi just there. You just implied that Obi's equality to Anakin is shaky at best. Not to mention that Gillard ahs the shakiest opinion of any official SW crew.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.