Star Wars Risk: Rule the Galaxy! KMC game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Illustrious

Illustrious
Please do not post until Janus and Faunus has posted.

Darth Faunus
Well put Illustrious. Remember. The best debaters. Not those simple force their views upon others. Convince us that you are right.

And Illustrious, I don't know, having Ragnos kind of overpowers it. There should be certain characters unable to participate.

Darth_Janus
Alright, I've read up. Is Faunus on tonight?

Illustrious
You said it yourself, it's not necessarily who WILL win, it's who puts the best case FOR their character winning. Keep in mind we don't know that much about Ragnos, so it will require a good debator to use him to his full power.

Darth_Janus
Agreed. The burden of proof is on the player. You wouldn't see me using Coleman Trebor, for damn sure.

Darth Faunus
Fair enough. Anyone who wishes to participate can PM one of us.

Illustrious
Actually, I have set it up so they can go ahead and post in this thread.

Post in this thread with your FIRST pick. If it is not already taken, that is your round 1 selection.

ANY Star Wars Universe character is viable.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Agreed. The burden of proof is on the player. You wouldn't see me using Coleman Trebor, for damn sure.

Yeah, I happen to like Mr. Coleman.

Darth Faunus
That guy actually looks kinda cool. . . Sucks how they kill off all the kewl ones. Maul, Jango, *cough*Coleman*cough*.

Darth_Glentract
Can I pick Corran Horn?

Illustrious
You can pick whoever you want, provided you are willing to expend a 1st round pick on Corran Horn, and you are capable of debating for whyhe would beat other guys and their respective armies.

Keep in mind, all characters selected will become a general of an army, so it's not necessarily solely the person who is the best 1 on 1 fighter.

Darth Faunus
Debate, people.

Darth_Glentract
Let me get this straight. I am trying to convince you three that Corran Horn would win against, say, Yoda. Well, screw that. I want Yoda instead if it isn't to late to change.

Illustrious
Okay, Yoda has been picked.

You can always pick Corran Horn in the later rounds when everyone took all the big hitters. Nice sleeper btw.

Illustrious
Errr...

Ganner Rhysode has been picked. Yoda is still out in the market.

Interesting that when you could've picked anyone, you picked Ganner Rhysode.

Darth_Glentract
Sorry, seeing your post, I re-edited my post. You chose witchever one you want for me.

Illustrious
Fine. You picked Yoda. Yoda is the #1 draft pick in the SWRisk game.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Illustrious
Interesting that when you could've picked anyone, you picked Ganner Rhysode.

Well, even if I lose, I would rather have it more "fair". To me at least, Ganner is a good choice. But, you gave me Yoda, so, I am going with him.

Illustrious
I appreciate the attempt, you can still grab Ganner with a lower draft pick. But it would be a big disadvantage if someone has Exar Kun and you have Corran Horn, for example.

Darth_Glentract
I enjoy a good challenge. Even if I lose, it's still better to me than something one without actually doing anything.

Darth_Janus
Words to live by.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Words to live by.

Illustrious
Amen.

Lord Darkstar
I choose Exar Kun first
2nd is Marka Ragnos

Illustrious
You only get 1 draft pick per round.

So far it is:

1) Yoda -- Darth Glentract
2) Exar Kun -- Lord Darkstar

Darth_Glentract
I think we shouldn't include Marka. That is beyond a challenge to beat him.

Lord Darkstar
darn it you are right Glentract
Oh well I will stay with my choices I basically introduced the two of them to KMC and taught most of the oldies about them so I hope I won't feel to bad

Illustrious
As I mentioned though, Marka Ragnos would be hard to debate for. Unless Nai Fohl or someone of his caliber does, I can't imagine too many people making a good case for him.

Remember, you as the player have the burden of proof. While it may be difficult to defeat Ragnos, it is a test to see who has the better debating skills and facts to do it. We don't know much about Ragnos, so burden of proof is difficult.

Lord Darkstar
is there any chance we can have three choices, one powerful one, one that would be challenging and require us to think (ie an ancient sith, before Exar) and a weak one?

If that is the case then for the strong I take Exar, for the thinking one I take Marka and for the weak one I'll take Bandon. If you decide not to do that, fine, and since Glentract made me feel guilty, I will not take Exar and instead go with Marka as my first choice

Illustrious
There will be more than 1 round, seeing as how 1 general would be nearly impossible.

So the top 2 picks are:
2) Marka Ragnos -- Lord Darkstar

Se7in
My pick shall be Count Dooku.

Illustrious
3) Count Dooku -- Se7in

Nice picks, I can see this getting very interesting.

Keep in mind this is just your Round 1 Draft pick, so whoever you pick will likely be the staple of your army.

Darth Zayzia
Aassja Ventress

Illustrious
3) Count Dooku - Se7in
4) Assaj Ventress -- Darth Zayzia (well, I hope you are very good at debating wink)

Interesting, I expected all the powerhouses to be cleaned out early. Apparently there are still some very, very powerful characters left the earlybirds didn't take.

Se7in
All part of my plan wink

Darth Zayzia
3) Count Dooku - Se7in
4) Assaj Ventress -- Darth Zayzia (well, I hope you are very good at debating wink)

Interesting, I expected all the powerhouses to be cleaned out early. Apparently there are still some very, very powerful characters left the earlybirds didn't take.

What fun is there if you take the most powerful characters?

Illustrious
yeah, that's a good point, but what fun is it if you get bounced before you can really start?

I admit, if you can pull it off with Assaj Ventress as your staple, you must be very good.

And apparently Se7in has some draft strategy we all don't know about.

Rand al'Thor
Revan

Illustrious
3) Count Dooku - Se7in
4) Assaj Ventress -- Darth Zayzia
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor (huge surprise, huh?)

Rand al'Thor
3) Count Dooku - Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor (huge surprise, huh?)

Hey what can I say? At least I don't parade Revan as god of SW.

Illustrious
I did expect Revan to go top 5. I sure as hell didn't expect Assaj Ventress to though, props to Zayzia; she's got balls (figuratively).

Darth Zayzia
I did expect Revan to go top 5. I sure as hell didn't expect Assaj Ventress to though, props to Zayzia; she's got balls (figuratively).

I like a good challenge. big grin

Illustrious
Yeah, when Ragnos comes and attacks you, I hope you're up to it.

Darth Zayzia
Yeah, when Ragnos comes and attacks you, I hope you're up to it.

stick out tongue

Darth Zayzia
Hey this isn't gonna go through the entire night is it? Because I'm pretty damn tired as it is.

Illustrious
No, you can go ahead and go get your 8 hours. The night does seem drab for drafts.

Lord Darkstar
alright, I'll catch some shut-eye as well, be back around noon central time. For my second round I chose Exar, third NJO Luke, forth Naga Sadow, 5th Kreia, 6th Ulic, 7th Malak, 8th Sidious, 9th Mace, 10th Obi-Wan, 11th RotS Anakin

Please take my choices in that order until I come back, thanks. The reason I put so many is in case some of them are already taken

Jaster Mereel
1. Darth Sidious
2. Anakin Skywalker
3. Mace Windu
4. Agen Kolar
5. Saesee Tiin

Those are my top 5 choices wink

Also, my cookie Ill?

And- Yeah, powerhouses are rad.

Darth Somebody
Lol this may come as a surprise, but I'll debate for either...

1. Darth Sidious - ROTS (Ugh...even though I hate his depiction)
2. DE Sidious - (He may be ridiculously overpowered, but gotta love Force Storm.
3. ROTJ Sidious (Here is where he is at his EVIL form the most)

Darth Faunus
3) Count Dooku - Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
6) DE Sidious -- Darth Somebody (surprise, surprise) smile
7) Anakin Skywalker -- Jaster Mereel

This is going to be very interesting.

BlackVortex
(darn, my Revan choice is taken.)

Exar Kun.

BlackVortex
btw, when we choose someone..can we use their varoius assets?

an example...umm..

say someone controls a business, or corporation or something, can we use that for them.

Lord Darkstar
well I don't know (I didn't make it) but it would probably depend on the circumstance, for instance, I cannot use all the ancient sith that Marka Ragnos controlled, but if the person was non-force senstive, then it is POSSIBLE (not for sure) that you could use some (say 10) of their followers. But again, I am not in charge here, so this is not for sure, it just makes sense

Darth Faunus
Well, that would be rather unfair for those who lacked such followers. Although there may be perks like such for capturing certain planets. Exar taking Yavin 4, for example, may result in the acquisition of a Massassi battalion. Although I'll have to consult Janus and Illustrious about it. Don't want to complicate things.

Darth Somebody
Hell. Sidious wouldn't need to fight. He'd get his lackies. Sooner or later, half of this list is going to be current or former lackies of Sidious. Lol not really.But then again, you have...

1. Darth Maul
2. General Grievous
3. Count Dooku
4. Darth Vader
5. Mara Jade
6. Executer Sedriss
7. Emperor's Hands
8. Confederacy Leadership
9. Republic Leadership
10. Imperial Leadership
11. Confederacy Army
12. Republic Army
13. Imperial Army

Holy hell. I didn't realize how many he did have. Am I leaving anyone else?

BlackVortex
k, i didn't mean like that. when the second round starts my real powerman will come out...and i will explain in full.

which reminds me..we will just keep drafting for a bit? to get a few guys on our side? and how many?

Darth Faunus
Well, Illustrious and Janus have to arrive first. Once we're all on, and enough people have characters, we'll begin.

Nai Fohl
As I mentioned though, Marka Ragnos would be hard to debate for. Unless Nai Fohl or someone of his caliber does, I can't imagine too many people making a good case for him.

Well...I would have picked Ragnos just for the fun of it...

But since Ragnos is already taken my pick will be Master Kavar...

Illustrious
3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
6) DE Sidious -- Darth Somebody
8) Exar Kun -- BlackVortex
9) Master Kavar -- Nai Fohl

This is definitely becoming interesting.

All characters will be assigned an army of contemporaries. This allows for the character to be put into context with their timeline (giving any character who lived in a time with superior forces an advantage).

Lord Darkstar
so in the army of contemporaries, who would I have, Marka obviously, but also Ludo Kressh, Naga Sadow, Lord Simus, and Gav Daragon but would I also get Ajunta Pall and Tulak Hord?
Also, how large will these armies be?

Illustrious
The army of contemporaries will not include named individuals, unless of course, they are force-insensitive.

So Marka Ragnos would include a nameless bunch of Sith individuals, Naga Sadow some Massassi Warriors, etc.

Lord Darkstar
but then that doesn't make sense since we have no idea how strong the nameless sith would be for Marka or Revan or Exar etc.

Illustrious
In the same way, We have no idea exactly how strong, or accurate, a clonetrooper is; never once is it mentioned what their effective range is in the novels or movies, etc. That is the job of the debater, hence why it is a greater challenge to wield the Ancient Sith effectively.

Lord Darkstar
*evil laugh* good good, well when will this start? I'm looking forward to it

Illustrious
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
*evil laugh* good good, well when will this start? I'm looking forward to it

Well, it will start when we get a good number of competitors. I'll let this be open for a bit to see just how many individuals are interested.

BlackVortex
hmm...so we can't get a second in command or something? i think that could be cool.

Lord Simus
I'll take Mace Windu.

Illustrious
Originally posted by BlackVortex
hmm...so we can't get a second in command or something? i think that could be cool.

There's a round 2.

3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
10) Mace Windu -- Lord Simus

Lord Simus
How many planets do we start with? Oh and when do we start.

BlackVortex
see that's what i thought. so we do this first draft? then another draft? and how many other draftings until we get our planets and such?

ESB-1138
Too late to join this? I pick Luke Skywalker

Illustrious
There will be at least 20 planets, more depending on the number of participants.

3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
11) Luke Skywalker -- ESB-1138

Lord Darkstar
when will the second round be?

I know you want to keep it open, but couldn't those that are already in go onto the second round and anyone else who wants to come just picks from what is left?

Darth Faunus
Well, we'll just wait for a few more people. Perhaps until we have 15. That way we can keep everyone on the same page, you know?

I'm still waiting for Sorgo to claim Dooku, lol.

Lord Simus
doesn't Se7in have Dooku?

Darth Faunus
Ah, how right you are.

Lord Simus
Who do you think he would pick know? Or will he demand to have Dooku?

Darth Faunus
Probably won't bother here. . .

Lord Simus
Probably right if fanboys can't have their characters they won't show up.

Lord Simus
Question how do we determine who attacks who first?

Darth Faunus
Well, we're not up to that stage yet, so don't worry. I'll have to discuss that with Illustrious and Janus.

Lord Simus
Ok thanks.

Illustrious
And where the hell did Janus go?

Darth Faunus
Hard day at work is my guess. Probably off sleeping or something.

Illustrious
Too many calls, I guess.

Darth Faunus
Probably. And some people are just plain difficult to deal with.

Illustrious
KMC has plenty of those, unfortunately; our only hope is to get the ones that are good to deal with in threads like these.

Darth Faunus
Mhm. So let's see who we still need. . .

I'd rather enjoy having Dipsit, simply because I'm curious as to who he'd choose. Probably Mon Mothma, lol. Always the protagonizing one, that Dipsit.

Lord Simus
This should be kept at the top guys.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Mhm. So let's see who we still need. . .

I'd rather enjoy having Dipsit, simply because I'm curious as to who he'd choose. Probably Mon Mothma, lol. Always the protagonizing one, that Dipsit.

Drop Dipsit a PM, he'd be interesting to have around.

We definitely need Fishy, where is that dude?

Lord Simus
What about Emperor Revan?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lord Simus
What about Emperor Revan?

I think Jauns might be biased against him. He also isn't on much; but it would be good if he was here.

Illustrious
It's really more that the fact that ER doesn't use debating skill more than trying to shove facts down your face.

Lord Simus
Anyways I think someone already took Revan.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I think Jauns might be biased against him. He also isn't on much; but it would be good if he was here.

That's rather silly. Simply because they come to disagreements doesn't mean they have that bad of a relation. Although, if I may say so myself, Emperor Revan has never really won my admiration as a debater in the way, say, Nai or Illustrious have.

Lord Simus
How will we figure out who gets the Clones I mean three people could have them. Or will people who have the same army be allies?

Lord Darkstar
well if they were allies then it could be unfair, they would probably just divide the number of clones up between each person that would have them

Lord Simus
How is that unfair when Ragnos "The most powerful of the most powerful" is in this?

Darth Faunus
Because Ragnos is the hardest person to argue a case for. . .

Lord Darkstar
because he is just one person and could be tired out by shear numbers, for instance, if all who would control the clones were allies then you could get Sidious, Yoda, Mace and whomever else joins and is a jedi before the purge all teamed up, even Ragnos would have trouble with that

Lord Simus
Sorry that just confused me.

Illustrious
No, there are no intrinsic allies, however, what goes on between two people (e.g. Person 1 won't attack Person 2 until Person 3 is eliminated) is none of our business. Under the table alliances are completely legal wink

If two people who both lead Clone armies attack each other, then it is whoever makes their case better for their clone army winning.

Lord Simus
Thank you for clearing that up.

Lord Darkstar
yeah thanks

BlackVortex
as i'm not completely literate yet on Exar Kun, besides some basics..what kind of army will my "General de Armee" be leading?

Darth Faunus
Better read up, or you're not going to be in any condition to debate your character against, say that of Nai Fohl.

Illustrious
Lord Darkstar seems to know a good amount about Exar Kun. Better seek advice from him (if he is willing to give it to a fellow competitor).

BlackVortex
actually, i have read up on him, and have places to get more valid info. but i was hoping for some basic help from the guys leading this. or should i be deciding what army i want him to lead?

Darth Faunus
I doubt it. . . anything to help the Kun Kause.

Illustrious
No, the judges will assign said general with an army of contemporaries.

Darth Faunus
For example, we'd assign Naga Sadow the Massassi warriors, Anakin Skywalker, the Clone troopers. . .

Illustrious
Correct.

Darth_Janus
And I'm back. Yes, work was hell. Locals specials, comp. tickets. Assholes. Everything. But I am heyah.

And I don't have a problem with anyone participating, unless they start making this a mockery of a contest and begin bashing, which I will stop promptly, or if the reasoning is terribly off, I will comment. It's gonna be my job. And if you think I am bias, you have two other judges to choose from. And if that isn't enough, the challenge is to prove your case anyways.

Darth Faunus
I'm pretty sure we'll be ready to begin by late day. Although I'd rather some people not join. . .

Whatever, I'll see y'all in da morning. I'm pooped. Hope you have time to get on tomorrow, Janus.

Darth_Janus
Later, although I'm curious who shoudn't join. I mean, anyone who is incapable of even a half assed debate should lose by default and be put out early.

Darth Faunus
You know who I'm talkin' 'bout. A certain Fitso, a couple o' Mauls, and, er, others. Although I'd give them a chance; I'm being fair in this thread, at least.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, I can see the problem. But hey, if you can't use periods or capital letters in your paragraphs, I won't read it and dismiss it on principle. If you want me to read and comprehend it, take your time with it. Only fair.

Darth Faunus
Mhm. Although I enjoy seeing Fisto and/or Maul in play. The characters, that is.

Darth_Janus
Fisto can probably lead armies. I doubt Maul's abilities.

Jaster Mereel
He can recon. Heh.

Illustrious
Eh, the'll likely be a round 2/3, so everyone can have 2/3 generals. Then we will randomly assign planets to them, and the games will begin.

Darth Faunus
MAUL PWNZ WITH A DOUBLEBLADED LIGHTSABERZ LOLOPLOLOL!L!L!OLL!L!L!!L!!!!!ONE!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!1
1!!!111

*inhales deeply* *exhales*

Illustrious
Maul does pwn with a double bladed lightsaber. Except watch out for those sneaky padawans!

Darth_Janus
lmfao!

Illustrious
I need a new sig.

Darth_Janus
Me, too. But I'm too lazy tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Illustrious
Yeah, I'm too lazy to go picture hunting, that's just annoying.

Darth_Janus
It sure is. Finding pics online is harder than finding an ex at an Arkansas family reunion.

Illustrious
Tennessee works better for that joke.

Finding pics just grinds my gears.

Darth_Janus
Meh, I have more pics than I know what to do with, and I can't find more than one or two I want in a sig. I just hate the size limitations... makes it harder to work with.

Illustrious
Yeah, 450x150 really is nothing for a sig, and 30kb is hard unless you compress it or reduce the quality significantly.

Jaster Mereel
If anyones bored enough, I'd love a good Darth Bane or Jaster Mereel sig thumb up yes

Darth Somebody
3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor

This is definitely becoming interesting.

All characters will be assigned an army of contemporaries. This allows for the character to be put into context with their timeline (giving any character who lived in a time with superior forces an advantage).

Yay!

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Jaster Mereel
If anyones bored enough, I'd love a good Darth Bane or Jaster Mereel sig thumb up yes
Go ahead and PM me or put that same request in my sig gallery (Link in my profile) and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Darth Faunus
Hm. . . is Fishy in this thing yet?

Darth_Janus
I'll pm him.

Darth Faunus
We need at least 12, IMO.

Fishy
Okay i'm in...

Reading this thread took me longer then deciding who I was going to pick.

I'm going with Malak, he should be in more debates.

Illustrious
With the 12th pick in the SWRisk draft, Fishy selects Malak.

3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
12) Malak -- Fishy

Round 2 should be starting up, so be ready to make your next picks.

Fishy
Hmm I pick Obi Wan Kenobi in ANH.

Illustrious
Alright, Round 1 is at a close, if anyone wants to join, they can PM a judge to work something out.

Round 2 commences.

Round 1:
3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
12) Malak -- Fishy

Round 2:
1.13) Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH) -- Fishy

Darth Faunus
Ah. . . Very good.

Illustrious
Indeed, 12 players for the SWRisk game.

Darth Faunus
Coming along nicely. . .

Jaster Mereel
Can we start picking round two characters now aswell?

If so, General Grevious

BlackVortex
Xanatos.

(muahahaha...)

Illustrious
Round 1:
3) Count Dooku -- Se7in
5) Revan -- Rand al'Thor
12) Malak -- Fishy

Round 2:
1.13) Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH) -- Fishy
1.14) General Grievous -- Jester Mereel
1.15) Xanatos -- BlackVortex

Darth Faunus
Damn Illustiorus, you beat me to it. . .

Illustrious
Yeah, I'm fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>