Gen. G's Henchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
So, does anyone have any idea what type of weapon they were using?

I always thought a lightsaber could cut through anything. But the droids were using it rather efficiently before being decapitated by Obi and Ani.

What's the beef?

Tiberius
It can't slice through vibroblades and cortosis. But i dunno what their weapons're made of

Neo_Version 7
Oh, yeah, I know about Cortosis. From JK: JO, right? eek!

McCusto
The weapon they use is an Electrostaff

Neo_Version 7
Any idea what it's made of?

BAILY
from the OS...

Built by Baktoid Armor Workshop, these electrostaffs are constructed of costly phrik alloy and equipped with electromagnetic pulse-generating tips. Certain types of staff are capable of neutralizing ray shields, but the standard staff serves primarily as a melee weapon, meting out fatal blunt-force injuries in the hands of its powerful wielders.

Neo_Version 7
thanks, man. That was informative.

But lightsabers are just cooler. thumb up

chilled monkey
Yes, the Magnaguards weapon is called an electrostaff. The reason a lightsabre can't cut through it is that the two ends are polarised. They generate an electromagnetic field that can block lightsabres (since the sabre blade is also an E.M. field).

Try putting two magnets together. They repel. Same principle.

Neat idea. This is the first time the movies have shown something that lightsabres can't cut through.

Tiberius
Um what about jabba's guards's vibroblades ? You clearly see them stop Luke's blade a few times.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tiberius
Um what about jabba's guards's vibroblades ? You clearly see them stop Luke's blade a few times.

I think that had more to do with the limited effects than anything. Luke should have been slicing the guards into bits. Instead it looks like he's hitting them with a baseball bat!

Anyway, electrostaffs are still cool!

Neo_Version 7
Yeah. First time I saw it, I was like WTF?!

Nice. thumb up

Vera21
Lightsaber can cut through vibroblades, it'd just be stupid if they couldn't. Just the limited effects that Georgie had for ROTJ in 1983...

chinabing
Nah, Luke attacked 2 big skiffs plus the deck of the big one, and none of the henchmen so much as lost a fingernail!

Why didn't any of them lose an arm or a leg?

Darth Faunus
Kind of hard back then; no blue screen. You were watching him run around, seemingly smacking people with a beam of light. They'd have to put in a close-up to show dismemberment, so that there'd be a shot of the lightsaber, a shot of someone screaming, and then a limb falling in another shot. It's mess up the scene.

Vera21
And I repeat, Chinabing... stick out tongue

Originally posted by Vera21
Just the limited effects that Georgie had for ROTJ in 1983...

Fox4
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
So, does anyone have any idea what type of weapon they were using?

I always thought a lightsaber could cut through anything. But the droids were using it rather efficiently before being decapitated by Obi and Ani.

What's the beef?
They were using the standerd DC-15 blaster rifle, the standerd isssue weapon for every clone trooper wink

Captain REX
Hah, I get it, Fox, I get it... stick out tongue

General Gree, haha. Funny...

The DC-17 hauls more ass. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.