How skinny is too skinny?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CherryPop
So I'm talking to one of my friends that I work with, and he's telling me that his sister had to be admitted to the hospital because she was really sick. When they weighed her she was only 100 pounds. Now she 19 and about 5'8.

So that got me wondering. What is too thin for you?

DarkC
About that, yeah.

Clovie
dunno...
there is that BMI thing...it tells the proper weight according to your height and AGE.
i think the norm is from 19..so my 18.5 is okish

Tha C-Master
female thats 5'6 or so, 120 is a healthy solid weight, 115 is acceptable too...

NunYahBidness
Anything thinner than this: >--|O ...is too too skinny. I love meat on a woman.

Leo.M
if i can see the womans ribs

Tha C-Master
If I can see their heart beat through their clothes...

NunYahBidness
Or if you blow on them, they float away like a feather.

Leo.M
Originally posted by CherryPop
So I'm talking to one of my friends that I work with, and he's telling me that his sister had to be admitted to the hospital because she was really sick. When they weighed her she was only 100 pounds. Now she 19 and about 5'8.

why do you want to know...do think your at a health risk?

Darth Nauj
Its a new trend you know its cool stick out tongue

CherryPop
Originally posted by Leo.M
why do you want to know...do think your at a health risk?

I am pretty skinny. I use to be fit. Ya know, 6 pack, I had meat on me. I was like a size 8. Now I'm a size 2-4

Tha C-Master
whoa, what happened, were you sick?

Leo.M
I am pretty skinny. I use to be fit. Ya know, 6 pack, I had meat on me. I was like a size 8. Now I'm a size 2-4

Women with 6 packs are sexy, why didn't you keep it? i don't know much about womens clothing but 2 sounds pretty skinny

CherryPop
sick, stress, people telling me i was too fat, etc.

Leo.M
sick, stress, people telling me i was too fat, etc.

WHAT...don't listen to them your life is more important

CherryPop
stick out tongue

I'm ok I'm working on it.

Tha C-Master
Women with 6 packs are sexy, why didn't you keep it? i don't know much about womens clothing but 2 sounds pretty skinny agreed, stomach is the sexiest part on a body

CherryPop
lol same with guys.

One of the sexiest parts of a guy is that yummy chest/abs

Ofcourse the eyes and lips are the absolute sexiest droolio

SoMixedUp
5'2, 7 stones

is that too skinny?

Leo.M
shifty jerry

CherryPop
Women with 6 packs are sexy, why didn't you keep it? i don't know much about womens clothing but 2 sounds pretty skinny

just to show you

since you don't understand womens sizes.

This picture is a size 4
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/2500/fj0015334eu.jpg

Leo.M
Wow, hay when you exercise do your ribs show. if they do u should get some meat on you. your friends were they girls that said your fat or some guys?

§pearhead
in response to the picture:

that doesn't really help unless its relationship to something else...

i mean I can get a vague idea, but...you get the idea messed

shaber
If it endangers the subject's health in any way. That is a good indication.

Tha C-Master
lol same with guys.

One of the sexiest parts of a guy is that yummy chest/abs

Ofcourse the eyes and lips are the absolute sexiest droolio amen

Alpha Centauri
I'm pretty skinny, but not as skinny as some people would think if they see me with a shirt on. I have naturally think wrists and forearms. My body itself is naturally thin but not madly thin. My upper arms are decent considering I do no weights.

I'd rather be lightweight than be like my friend who is nearly 20 and weights just a shade under 300lbs.

-AC

Commando Queen
i am not skinnki nor am i fat i am 5 feet 6 inchers and weigh around 135 to 140

Linkalicious
Lindsay Lohan!

Commando Queen
just to show you

since you don't understand womens sizes.

This picture is a size 4
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/2500/fj0015334eu.jpg

i hate shopping for jeans. bc i know i am not getting any bigger but the pants keep getting smaller and smaller its really stupid bc it makes people feel fat

RaeRox
Originally posted by Commando Queen
i hate shopping for jeans. bc i know i am not getting any bigger but the pants keep getting smaller and smaller its really stupid bc it makes people feel fat ur 2 skinny...

Commando Queen
Originally posted by RaeRox
ur 2 skinny...
am not .. i am a good weighi.. i got fat on me.. so i am good

CherryPop
Yeah you're at a pretty good weight CQ

NyC-gUrL
Im not skinny

Im 5"7 and 125 lbs. There are, however, times when I feel extremely fat.

Commando Queen
Yeah you're at a pretty good weight CQ
thanks
Originally posted by NyC-gUrL
Im not skinny

yor reallyy skinny!

dave123
Im not skinny

Im 5"7 and 125 lbs. There are, however, times when I feel extremely fat. I don't know what average is, but from what I've seen, 5"7 and 125lbs is hot flirt

CherryPop
Im not skinny

i wish i weighed that

Linkalicious
Originally posted by dave123
I don't know what average is, but from what I've seen, 5"7 and 125lbs is hot flirt

/agree

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by dave123
I don't know what average is, but from what I've seen, 5"7 and 125lbs is hot flirt cosings

Pielover666
unless you are 5'7" and weigh 118 or lower, you aren't too skinny.

fini
omg I couldn't even reach 125, even if I tried.
Thats a pretty good weight( although still a lil skinny)

I'm 5'7 and when I was 135, I was 10 pounds underweight, I was soo skinny, just people didn't know how small I was, because of my bone structure( now dont go groaning that 'fat' people use bone structure as excuses) When I was 135, you could see my ribs and even vertebra. I had razor sharp( as they describe it) hip bones, and still a measurement of 42 inches around.

But not wanting to go on and on, most people dont know how skinny is too skinny. They make statements based upon appearances, thats wrong, some people can get realllly small and still be pretty healthy, while other cannot. The best person in the world to tell you what is too skinny is a NUTRITIONIST, who has taken your body type, genetics and other factors into consideration.

DanieLs_4_Ever

Well Everyone tells ME im too beyond skinny and Im around 114 lbs, 5'7 and im 16, but I eat like a damn cow! Food's my second lover droolio But anyway, Id say around 100-103 is probably a little too small for my age, and as you said she's 19...thats WAY to feckin small..that's nasty small.

KingDubya
Many people say that your BMI will tell you if you're too fat/skinny for your age and height. But that thing can be drastically wrong (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone both have an obese BMI). I just pay attention to how I look in the mirror.

Remember, muscle weighs more than fat.
*currently weighs around 170, is about 5'10", and is 15*

MetalHeart
i dunno if my weight is healthy im 5'3 and 112lb

BackFire
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Lindsay Lohan!

Agreed, she was such a beautiful girl, and now she looks like she's really sick or something.

Ronny
I'm 120 and 5'7 and im pretty comfortable with this, i could be a little heavier but it doesnt really matter right now. I think it all comes down to the hight like the normal weight now is like 150 or something for 5' 9"

BackFire
I think you look great Ronny, don't need to change a thing.

Tired Hiker
Anything skinnier than Paris Hilton is too skinny.

EsteemedLeader
anything as skinny as paris hilton is too skinny

Tired Hiker
Anything thicker than Paris Hilton is too thick. no expression

EsteemedLeader
many things thicker than paris hilton is probly too skinny too.

Tired Hiker
Things that are probably too skinny that are thicker than Paris Hilton I can handle.

EsteemedLeader
yeah, i could spare some lovin for someone too skinny but not hilton skinny for a little while i guess...

Spelljammer
Here's some good sure proof ways to tell..

If you feel cold ALOT, you are probably too skinny. Both your muscle fiber is depleted and your nerve endings are not receiving enough "jolt".

I whipe my ass with what the goverment and thier accursed BMI says, this coming from the same people who believe 300 or more grams of carbs per day is good for you! (Good carbs my ass.. There is no justifying rice, pasta, and bread. It just tastes good, accept it..)

Besides the cold test, there is also how your body feels, how much bone mass can you feel? There's only three things, muscle, bone, and fat. If it's not soft, and you don't feel "ripples" to it like there's veins there, then the only thing left is bone. Which isn't helping anybody.

People have far too much obsession in how they look, why I don't know. Most people are so damn shallow and ungrateful to the things they have anyway, that they are in no position to be so damn judgemental. But I care because well, I want to see the bionic man become a reality. We can rebuild him, better, faster, stronger.. smokin'

SugarBaby
Originally posted by Spelljammer

People have far too much obsession in how they look, why I don't know.
You don't know why? Well I'll tell you exactly why. Because women see people like Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, on TV and then all those SUPER skinny models in magazines and feel like the only way that they'll EVER get a man is if they look like that. And I mean lets face it, it's kind of true!

Men want the hotter girls, it's just the way it is. Now don't get me wrong, women want the hotter men too. But it all just sickens me! What is this huge obsession with being super thin? What's wrond with a average weight? When did it become ok to weigh 89 pounds and be 23ish years old??? Unless you're a midget I don't think it's healthy.

It upsets me when I see my girlfriends throwing up, skipping meal, anything to make the scale numbers go down. I use to be like that. I threw up... I just wanted to be a size 2, I'd pray everynight for it. Then, it never came, I grew up, hurt my knee and gained alot of weight. And it broke my heart. I knew then I was never going to be down to that weight.

This obsession with our weight must stop! It's a dangerous dangerous thing.

Bloigen
4 banned people. w00t

SelphieT
when you can see the bones, like when you can see a girls shoulder's sockets, aoiwenfvio;awf;awjfkl;awenmf;aiowej;

gross! I saw this girl walking around in DC a few weeks ago, and it was clear she was anorexic. Ya just don't get THAT skinny by exercise

Penelope
Originally posted by SelphieT
when you can see the bones, like when you can see a girls shoulder's sockets, aoiwenfvio;awf;awjfkl;awenmf;aiowej;

gross! I saw this girl walking around in DC a few weeks ago, and it was clear she was anorexic. Ya just don't get THAT skinny by exercise

Exactly. If you are frail looking, you are too skinny. There is absolutly nothing cute or sexy about it.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by SugarBaby
You don't know why? Well I'll tell you exactly why. Because women see people like Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, on TV and then all those SUPER skinny models in magazines and feel like the only way that they'll EVER get a man is if they look like that. And I mean lets face it, it's kind of true!

Men want the hotter girls, it's just the way it is. Now don't get me wrong, women want the hotter men too. But it all just sickens me! What is this huge obsession with being super thin? What's wrond with a average weight? When did it become ok to weigh 89 pounds and be 23ish years old??? Unless you're a midget I don't think it's healthy.

It upsets me when I see my girlfriends throwing up, skipping meal, anything to make the scale numbers go down. I use to be like that. I threw up... I just wanted to be a size 2, I'd pray everynight for it. Then, it never came, I grew up, hurt my knee and gained alot of weight. And it broke my heart. I knew then I was never going to be down to that weight.

This obsession with our weight must stop! It's a dangerous dangerous thing.

I totally agree. The models/stars are not only setting false trends they are endangering there own lives.

BakaXero
i was about to answer the first post then i realised the person who started has been banned

Punkyhermy
I'm like 5'1 or 5'2 and weigh about 98 or so pounds.

That is perfect for my body type.

BlackSunshine
I am 24 and my daughter is 2. I don't try to loose weight. I actually try to gain weight but I can't. I have weighed 110lbs. for the past 6 or 7 months. High metabolism runs in my family. So dont think that some of these skinny guys or girls are all trying to be really skinny. Some of them cant do anything about it.

Lana
According to societal standards, I'm fat...according to BMI my weight is perfectly normal for my age and height.

Twig-thin is not necessarily healthy.

redcaped
find out suck it

BlackSunshine
well I know I'm not "twig-thin" wink And you are NOT fat!!!!

Ya I just looked at my BMI and I'm normal for my height and all smile

Lana
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
well I know I'm not "twig-thin" wink And you are NOT fat!!!!

Ya I just looked at my BMI and I'm normal for my height and all smile

I know I'm not, I just actually have a figure that means I have curves, instead of looking like a 12 year old laughing out loud

I actually appear to have lost some weight recently, which I really can't figure out why or how.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Lana
I know I'm not, I just actually have a figure that means I have curves, instead of looking like a 12 year old laughing out loud

I actually appear to have lost some weight recently, which I really can't figure out why or how.

yeah, I have this area right above my waist called "love handles" and then I've got a bit of fat on my tummy from being pregnant. Matt likes the "love handles" he pinches them!! laughing

Lana
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
yeah, I have this area right above my waist called "love handles" and then I've got a bit of fat on my tummy from being pregnant. Matt likes the "love handles" he pinches them!! laughing

I've got big boobs and big hips, so yeah laughing out loud

dr. pookie
skinny girls dont have nice asses either.

Punkyhermy
According to societal standards, I'm fat...according to BMI my weight is perfectly normal for my age and height.

Twig-thin is not necessarily healthy.

Curves are not necessarily healthy.

dr. pookie
curves are sexy

Leo.M
CherryPop cry

Lana
Originally posted by Punkyhermy

Having curves does not equate being overweight, and I have no idea where this idea came about.

And NO body-type is necessarily healthy, for that matter. It all depends on the specific person.

dr. pookie
Having curves does not equate being overweight, and I have no idea where this idea came about.

And NO body-type is necessarily healthy, for that matter. It all depends on the specific person.

if she doesnt have curves she is an ugly stick figure too

Punkyhermy

It seems to me as if women are in general are bitter towards those born naturally of a lean fram. Thus the name calling and not so pretty descriptiosn ensue.

Sure, not everyone can fit into size 2 pants.And let it be known that petty and insecure state of mind descriptions of those that do isn't the end all, be all of anything. Its okay, normal and healthty to be able to slip into a size 2. Just because the vast majority of women can't doesn't mean that either party is unhealthy.

I'm just sick of this new found negativity towards slim frames. Most of it all is baseless and results from petty jealousy more than anything else I'm afraid. And no Lana, this isn't directed at you specifically but your comment was too reminiscent of the general opinion of women who aren't a size two or smaller. erm

Raven Guardia

curves does not mean one is fat. a Women are made with curves. Most women have them..unless your a girl with two backs.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
curves does not mean one is fat. a Women are made with curves. Most women have them..unless your a girl with two backs.

lol. I'm bestowed with just the appropriate amount of curves. wink

Lana
It seems to me as if women are in general are bitter towards those born naturally of a lean fram. Thus the name calling and not so pretty descriptiosn ensue.

Sure, not everyone can fit into size 2 pants.And let it be known that petty and insecure state of mind descriptions of those that do isn't the end all, be all of anything. Its okay, normal and healthty to be able to slip into a size 2. Just because the vast majority of women can't doesn't mean that either party is unhealthy.

I'm just sick of this new found negativity towards slim frames. Most of it all is baseless and results from petty jealousy more than anything else I'm afraid. And no Lana, this isn't directed at you specifically but your comment was too reminiscent of the general opinion of women who aren't a size two or smaller. erm

What?

Honey, you're totally confused here.

What makes you think I'm anti-thin people?

Fact is, women are pressured to be skinny these days. If you don't wear a size 5 or smaller, you're considered fat. Thus why people diet endlessly and starve themselves and what-not to try and be skinny.

THAT is not healthy, no more than someone who overeats and is obese.

I never said that someone who is naturally thin is unhealthy.

Exactly...we're supposed to be curvy.

Compared to today's standards, Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat.

dr. pookie
i bet that lana chick has a nice big booty. skinny girls dont have booty which is why thick girls are in

Punkyhermy
What?

Honey, you're totally confused here.

What makes you think I'm anti-thin people?

Fact is, women are pressured to be skinny these days. If you don't wear a size 5 or smaller, you're considered fat. Thus why people diet endlessly and starve themselves and what-not to try and be skinny.

THAT is not healthy, no more than someone who overeats and is obese.

I never said that someone who is naturally thin is unhealthy.

Exactly...we're supposed to be curvy.

Compared to today's standards, Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat.

I didn't exactly allude to the idea that you specifically were "anti-thin people." Just responded with that because your post reminded me of that general attitude.wink

Raven Guardia
lol. I'm bestowed with just the appropriate amount of curves. wink

I never said you werent.

but your talking out both sides your mouth here it seems...according to what you said earlier you were thin(which I am not saying you arent) but then it sounds like your saying women with curves tend to be on the 'fat' side...yet you just stated you have curves...so........what are you trying to say? because I am lost stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by dr. pookie
i bet that lana chick has a nice big booty. skinny girls dont have booty which is why thick girls are in

You are just a bit creepy and I'd prefer if you didn't talk to me or anything.

I didn't exactly allude to the idea that you specifically were "anti-thin people." Just responded with that because your post reminded me of that general attitude.wink

And I was simply saying that according to today's standards, I would be thought of as fat, when in reality, I am not, because by society's standards unless you ARE a twig, you are overweight.

What exactly do you think is an appropriate amount of curves?

Valharu
The one thing a girl needs is hips.

dr. pookie
so now we result to name calling? what "creepy" thing did i do? and how old are you, since you have resulted to immature name calling if i may

Lana
so now we result to name calling? what "creepy" thing did i do? and how old are you, since you have resulted to immature name calling if i may

I did not call you a name, I simply said that you are creeping me out.

Punkyhermy
I never said you werent.

but your talking out both sides your mouth here it seems...according to what you said earlier you were thin(which I am not saying you arent) but then it sounds like your saying women with curves tend to be on the 'fat' side...yet you just stated you have curves...so........what are you trying to say? because I am lost stick out tongue

You are making yourself lost here. stick out tongue

There is a difference between being curvy and then being curvy. One is the general idea that a female has the necessary amount of muscle comprising of her assets.The former alluding to the inot so healthy state of having those assets where she ends up spilling out of her clothes.

Flamboyant4Life
I'm really skinny!

dr. pookie
I did not call you a name, I simply said that you are creeping me out.

you simply said "a bit creepy" which is catagorized as name calling. but what made you say that? care to explain it to us?

Lana
You are making yourself lost here. stick out tongue

There is a difference between being curvy and then being curvy. One is the general idea that a female has the necessary amount of muscle comprising of her assets.The former alluding to the inot so healthy state of having those assets where she ends up spilling out of her clothes.

Curves have nothing to do with muscle; it has to do with what it says -- how curvy your figure is due to your breasts, waist, and hips. Curvy people do tend to have very well-defined waists.

'Spilling out of your clothes' does not have anything to do with anything beyond wearing the wrong size. Someone could be very thin yet wear the wrong size and have that happen.

you simply said "a bit creepy" which is catagorized as name calling. but what made you say that? care to explain it to us?

Telling someone that you find them creepy does not equate to calling them a name.

And I do not need to explain to someone why I find their actions creepy, thank you very much.

Lyna303
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I'm really skinny!

guys are usaully skinnier than girls...

dr. pookie
Curves have nothing to do with muscle; it has to do with what it says -- how curvy your figure is due to your breasts, waist, and hips. Curvy people do tend to have very well-defined waists.

'Spilling out of your clothes' does not have anything to do with anything beyond wearing the wrong size. Someone could be very thing yet wear the wrong size and have that happen.

Telling someone that you find them creepy does not equate to calling them a name.

And I do not need to explain to someone why I find their actions creepy, thank you very much.

if you tell someone they are creeping you out, you are implying that they are a creep. use your brain lana please. now what about me creeped you out?

Lana
if you tell someone they are creeping you out, you are implying that they are a creep. use your brain lana please. now what about me creeped you out?

Someone can do or say something creepy without being a creep...though I'm thinking you don't really fall into that category.

How about pretty much every post you've made?

Now, kindly stop harassing me.

Raven Guardia

'Spilling out of your clothes' does not have anything to do with anything beyond wearing the wrong size. Someone could be very thing yet wear the wrong size and have that happen.

Exactly yes

Valharu
beer

Raven Guardia

your behavior was creepy...the act was creepy. she didnt say you were a creep. you acted like one

dr. pookie
so every post i have made has creeped her out. wow. and now i am a "harrasser" lol. good thinking.

Wind Sister
I dunno what to skinny would be. I'm 5"7' and weigh 97 lbs. But it dosen't seem to skinny erm
To skinny is. . .well, to skinny. You just kind of know.

Punkyhermy

Not necessarily. Beyonce Knowles, for example is very curvy. She is healthily so with a tiny waist and not well defined muscles.

Again not necessarily. True that is more often than not the case but fat and flab do tend to spill out of any proper sized clothing.

Lana
so every post i have made has creeped her out. wow. and now i am a "harrasser" lol. good thinking.

Making comments about my ass?

Yeah, that's creepy.

And then when I say that I find that creepy and I'd rather you not talk to me, pestering me as to why? That's harassing me.

Not necessarily. Beyonce Knowles, for example is very curvy. She is healthily so with a tiny waist and not well defined muscles.

Again not necessarily. True that is more often than not the case but fat and flab do tend to spill out of any proper sized clothing.

Which....precisely proves my point.

A curvy person can be muscular, but curves have nothing to do with muscles.

And if the clothes fit properly, then no, fat and flab will NOT spill out. That only happens when it does not fit correctly.

Valharu
so every post i have made has creeped her out. wow. and now i am a "harrasser" lol. good thinking. Welcome to the times man. laughing out loud

dr. pookie
Originally posted by Valharu
Welcome to the times man. laughing out loud
laughing out loud

dr. pookie
punkyhermy has a point, that beyonce knowles is slime with nice curves

[R][O][R][A]

well it depends on height. however i'm not a fan of twigs.

Ronny
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
female thats 5'6 or so, 120 is a healthy solid weight, 115 is acceptable too... thats me

Penelope
is her p**** good?

ILoveMyDaniel

Well I'm around 120 and I'm 5'7 and 17 years old. I have no eating disorder but people tell me that I'm really skinny. I think at her age and height she's a bit too skinny starting at 115 lbs and down.

lord krondor
Eat a sandwich.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by lord krondor
Eat a sandwich.
Me?

Prince Nauj

being anorexic is so IN right know stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Me?

No, fix me one instead.

dr. pookie
go eat something

Lyna303
when u dont want to eat ice cream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.