Magna Bodyguard vs. IG-88

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Who would win between one of General Grievous's Magna Bodyguards and one of the IG-88's? Lets just say IG-88 A (the original IG-88).

Darth Nhilus
Probably IG-88, he is a bounty hunter. Well trained atleast. He could shoot the magna bodyguards to dust.

ESB-1138
True but IG-100s (Manga Droid) was trained by General Grievous to defeat all types of opponents. Plus we saw that they have some pretty good armor and they can continue fighting headless. I would have to say the IG-100 would win.

Darth Nhilus
Yeah, if I could change my vote I would. But magna guards wouldn't kill IG-88 that easily.

Jaster Mereel
I'm with ESB on this, if they have a chance against a Jedi (kinda) they could hold thier own against another Droid

atlant80
IG-88 wins he has like 20 weopons some have to work

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Jaster Mereel
I'm with ESB on this, if they have a chance against a Jedi (kinda) they could hold thier own against another Droid

Ah, but Jedi don't Pulse Cannons, do they? One blast ha sthe radius of a grenade. Basically melts anything robotic through extremely powerful electronic shockwaves. The MagnaGuard's owned.

atlant80
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Ah, but Jedi don't Pulse Cannons, do they? One blast ha sthe radius of a grenade. Basically melts anything robotic through extremely powerful electronic shockwaves. The MagnaGuard's owned. yea what i said only better and... YEA

Jaster Mereel
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Ah, but Jedi don't Pulse Cannons, do they? One blast ha sthe radius of a grenade. Basically melts anything robotic through extremely powerful electronic shockwaves. The MagnaGuard's owned.

True- but if they were at close range, they'd both be dead. From what I've gathered, the guard droids prefer melee so if they had time to get close, the other droid would wither have to switch to melee (smart decision) and most likely get owned or start shooting randomly.

Darth Faunus
They have vibro-weapons. Essentially the SW version of chainsaws. They'd probably cleave right into the Guards' staves.

Jaster Mereel
But aren't 'vibro cutlasses' and stuff alot more fragile than other weapons?

SnakeEyes
IG-88 would definitely win. He has a better arsenal, better list of accomplishments, better technology and is somewhat developed as a character in the EU.

Darth Faunus
Point is, IG's only equal or superior in the droid world is HK-47. And of course, Artoo, but he's a God, so. . .

IG could waste the Guard from a range with either Pulse weapons, flame throwers, heavy rifles, etc. And from close range, he could simply use his best vibro weapons.

Darth Nhilus
From close range the magna guards would probably winbecause their electrostaffs do have electricity at the end to tally destroy IG-88, but from long range, I agree with faunus, the IG-88 would waste them with his heavy rifles and flame throwers. Overall IG-88 takes this.

Jaster Mereel
You do know flame throwers aren't effective from long range, correct?

Darth Faunus
So? They'd melt the MagnaGuard soon as it tries to close in. ANd from long range, there're always Pulse weapons and heavy rifle.

Jaster Mereel
I know that, I was just pointing that out for future reference for him.

Tiberius
IG-88. no match. It'd be afight of seconds. G's bodyguard get's owned

xxxpoppunker182
ig-88 the magna gaurds would win in melee but ig-88 wouldn't allow the magna gaurd to get that close.

Darth Nhilus
I agree with xxxpoppunker182, I put something similar to that in one of my previous posts.

Jedi Mom
guard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.