Hector Hammond vs. Professor Charles Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Profile:

One of the DCU's most powerful telepaths and telekenetics. Blessed with incredible mental abilities by a mysterious meteorite, Hammond was also cursed with a huge head and tiny little body that could no longer move. However, when he first appeared, he was a dashing, yet evil, entrepreneur trying to woo Carol Ferris, the girlfriend of Hal Jordan--leading to his inevitable showdown with Green Lantern. His mind is now so powerful, he can manipute people and objects light years away.

You guys may remember him as the big-headed guy in Bellereve Riot during the Mageddon Saga.

Draco69
*bump*

*grumble*

Stupid X-Men vs. Fantastic Four threads.... mad

leonidas
hmm, i'd say hammond was physically 'smarter' than charles, and he's immortal. hammond has been able to reach into outer space in the past, a feat i'm not sure x is capable of. still, hammond's record isn't great. their power level is very close, but i'd still give it to chuck. IF hammond used his brain to create some device (ie-with prep) then i think he could win. if both are locked in a room and only one allowed to walk out, i think it would be x.

Draco69
I disagree. I give it to Hammond. Charles needs to Cerebro to accomplish any of his lesser feats.

Not to mention Mageddon was using Hammond to activate the R-Complex in EVERY sentinent being on the planet.

Also Hector's TK was powerful enough to repel mulitple Lanterns.

leonidas
true, but hector's big thing is mind control. he's not gonna take over x's mind, and on multiple occasions he failed to defeat jordan. his feats and the range of his powers are certainly impressive but i think x has shown more versatility in his powers. he also is shown rarely cutting completely loose. it was speculated in one of the dozen x-books that if he really wanted to, xavier could probably take over the earth on his own. hyperbole? probably, but still, an impressive statement.

i suppose it's possible hammond could overwhelm xavier, but i find that very unlikely, and when chuck really cuts loose, his power is pretty awesome.

Draco69
Being defeated by Green Lantern doesn't constitute him being Xavier's lesser. It has to do with Jordan's incredible willpower, the ring's countermeasures and the ring's damn stubborness to listen to Hammond.

Hammond could create hi-tech weaponery out of nowhere with his mind. He could his mental abilities to teleport vast distances even across entire dimensions. He mentally coerced the entire GL Corps to turn against Jordan...even the Guardians themselves. He is also so powerful he could use his telepathy to override the ring's defenses so he could siphon the ring's energy.

His astral form could travel across entire galaxies in blips of a second. His mental control even allowed him to manipulate the spirt world.

I personally think the Charly is out of his league.

jrodslam
Hector alone has in the past controlled vast legions of beings, including nearly every hero on earth. Hes very powerful ndeed. May have been tonned down a bit now but dont quote me on that one.

leonidas
i won't make this a prolonged debate because you seem to know hammond quite well while i think i have maybe 2 of his appearances.

i guess the only trump card i have left is this: IF xavier feels like he is going down, he mentally reaches out ot the radio, searches through the channels until he comes across . . . the spice girls!! he blares it, shatters hector's concentration, and ko's him.

worked for gl . . .erm

Draco69
Yes. The Spice Girls would definitely demolish Hammond's mental prowess....although that can be said for nearly any intelligent being.

leonidas
laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.