Katrina hurricane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Family_guy725
well i suppose most americans have heard of the destruction in new orleans and mississppi and even louisiana 55 deaths in just one of the states! here's something i found that i totally agree on in newgrounds website
http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/262703

jaden101
do you deliberately not pay attention in KMC class...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t363976.html

Family_guy725
sorry didnt know what thing even was never been to general discussion sorry but the hurricane didnt really do any crap to orleans just the dam

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Family_guy725
well i suppose most americans have heard of the destruction in new orleans and mississppi and even louisiana 55 deaths in just one of the states! here's something i found that i totally agree on in newgrounds website
http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/262703

That is the worst thing to ever have come from illwillpress.com

Family_guy725
why is that i thought it was pretty true

Neo_Communist
I agree thumb up

EsteemedLeader
i have lost much respect for Foamy and illwillpress. i dont give a crap about the stupid storm, but that cartoon made me die a little inside. it doesnt take a genius to realize that giant storm + overpopulated city = deaths. thers too many f***ing people in the world anyway...

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
i have lost much respect for Foamy and illwillpress. i dont give a crap about the stupid storm, but that cartoon made me die a little inside. it doesnt take a genius to realize that giant storm + overpopulated city = deaths. thers too many f***ing people in the world anyway...
shocking

§P0oONY
why is that i thought it was pretty true

It was shit.... there was no animation at all....and having a half-arsed moral that was only relevant for like a day really doesn't appeal to me.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
shocking

oh come on, human life doesnt concern me. nor does it concern many people in the world. people die, thats what they do...

Family_guy725
oh come on, human life doesnt concern me. nor does it concern many people in the world. people die, thats what they do...
wow your pretty heartless

Family_guy725

§P0oONY
all he does in the others is jump around the screen shooting birds! besides it was the second largest storm in america

Foamy fan mail is great... this... fu*king shit, And whats the fact that it's the 2nd largest storm in America got to do with anything... you can't get pissed off at reporters for doing their job.

EsteemedLeader
wow your pretty heartless

yes no expression anyway, its just a storm, its gonna kill people, people die every day, blah blah blah. have plenty of heart, but i dont waste it on strangers who were dumb enough to stay at a house that was about to get hit by the "second largest storm in america".

§P0oONY
yes no expression anyway, its just a storm, its gonna kill people, people die every day, blah blah blah. have plenty of heart, but i dont waste it on strangers who were dumb enough to stay at a house that was about to get hit by the "second largest storm in america".

Yeah.. I kind of have limited sympathy with them.... it's not like they didn't have any warnings.

Tired Hiker

That's pretty easy to say until someone you do care about loses their life. That is, unless you don't have anyone in your life you care about. erm

EsteemedLeader

Tired Hiker
Though I am sympathetic toward the hurricane victims, I gotta say, living in New Orleans sort of goes against one of my logical rules of life.

Logical Rule Of Life #4 :

Never live or build your house in a flood plane, because . . . well, it's a flood plane. erm

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
That's pretty easy to say until someone you do care about loses their life. That is, unless you don't have anyone in your life you care about. erm

you just made my point for me. when its someone that i "care about", of course ill care, because i care about them...

Tired Hiker
you just made my point for me. when its someone that i "care about", of course ill care, because i care about them...

So, what if it's someone you don't know, but someone you care about knows them?

§P0oONY
Though I am sympathetic toward the hurricane victims, I gotta say, living in New Orleans sort of goes against one of my logical rules of life.

Logical Rule Of Life #4 :

Never live or build your house in a flood plane, because . . . well, it's a flood plane. erm

Hence the reason my sympathy is limited.

Revernd Maynard

EsteemedLeader
So, what if it's someone you don't know, but someone you care about knows them?

ill care, but not about the dead dude. ill care that the person i care about is unhappy, though...because i care about them...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
also because you're the devil

big grin

Got to love mass sinners dying...... good business.

Tired Hiker

Family_guy725

EsteemedLeader
and another thing, whats up with shooting looters? if, supposedly, you are supposed to go "eye for an eye", did they shoot you? no. but they shoot them anyway, because they fear a lack of control over their pawns, and demand obedience...

Tired Hiker
ill care, but not about the dead dude. ill care that the person i care about is unhappy, though...because i care about them...

I can see what you mean . . . I guess I just have a deeper respect for mankind, which doesn't make either of us a better person, it's just when people have to point out how much they can not care about something, it's just a waste of time and energy.

§P0oONY
Still, you guys are like choosing what you sympathise for and what you don't, that much focus on a devastating issue is basically useless. For me, the sad truth is, what they are going through sucks. My heart goes out to them. There's nothing I can really do right now to help the matter, but I have no use in proving to other people that I am capable to just 'not care' about other humans. erm

You have got me all wrong... I am very sympathetic to the people who have had their lives lost, and homes destroyed, I can't even imagine what that feels like.... but I don't agree that people that have too much pride to flee from their homes and seek somewhere safer... but I do really feel sorry for those incapable of leaving...

§P0oONY

Revernd Maynard

Tired Hiker
and another thing, whats up with shooting looters? if, supposedly, you are supposed to go "eye for an eye", did they shoot you? no. but they shoot them anyway, because they fear a lack of control over their pawns, and demand obedience...

People who loot suck, I doubt I would shoot them, but I don't agree with looting. Looting is for pusssies.

Tired Hiker

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
lovely

Well, Maynard from Tool sure is getting what he prayed for. I wonder if he's glued to his TV right now just laughing and throwing a party. God, he must have loved the tsunami.

EsteemedLeader
I can see what you mean . . . I guess I just have a deeper respect for mankind, which doesn't make either of us a better person, it's just when people have to point out how much they can not care about something, it's just a waste of time and energy.

its equally a waste to point out how much you do care, especially if you arent doing anything about it. im just trying to be the differing opinion to balance the universe, i guess (not that i believe in the whole "perfect balance" thing)

Tired Hiker
its equally a waste to point out how much you do care, especially if you arent doing anything about it. im just trying to be the differing opinion to balance the universe, i guess (not that i believe in the whole "perfect balance" thing)

Actually I just got back from a Red Cross meeting to see what I can do to help, it looks like I may have a chance to get over there to help people. And by all means I don't think what I'm doing is a waste of time, it's actually quite productive. The whole 'balance of the universe' thing, hey that's great and all, but where I'm coming from is this: I have been in a situation where I was alone and needed help. People came to my aid, people I didn't even know, and now I have a chance to do the same. But hey, I'm 32 years old, I work for a news team where I see all kinds of disasters, emergencies, and now I will have a chance to put my camera down and help people. By no means EsteemedLeader am I trying to preach to you, I actually understand from experience your opinion and I can respect that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.