meggadon invades MARVEL EARTH!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
can the marvel heroes/villains band together to stop the threat that destroyed wonderworld!?

discuss.

no cosmics. only earth-bound heroes/villains. and let's toss out molecule man cuz he never helps earth any other time . . .

and he's lame. wtf is a cube being doing living on earth??

Sentry
Draco made a thread a long time ago about this. Strange... Blackbolt... The Sentry... Reed with prep... Doom with prep... Xavier and X-telepaths connected to cerebro... Their are heroes/villains that are powerful enough to stall him, while the smarter and more powerful ones prep. Marvel Earth Wins.

leonidas
<<Draco made a thread a long time ago about this.>>

^%$# mad

'pologies gang.

Solidus Snake
black bolt wont be effective, mageddon is larger than earth

his hardest shout can destroy a mountain. nothing more according to his bio.

mageddon would turn him on everyone else.

i think marvel earth would lose. DC earth would have lost if not for aztek and supes being on the inside of mageddon

xmarksthespot
BB's hardest shout would destroy a lot more than a mountain.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
BB's hardest shout would destroy a lot more than a mountain.

But not Maggedon, no chance, its what Galactus would like to be. A left over from the old universe, that has the power to destroy the new.

Whirly

Away smile

Solidus Snake
im just telling u what his stats said

regardless he cannot injure something that size

gamewarrior
So this megaddon fellow is some kind of Cosmic Being.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by gamewarrior
So this megaddon fellow is some kind of Cosmic Being.

Its a weapon in DC its supposed to be the aztec god Tezcatlipoca see JLA - 41. Think the Death Star on steroids to the max.

Solidus Snake
and its big too

its not even alive in the strictest sense of th word. its like a hate producing quasi alive bomb

what i want to know is how they got the bloody thing moved after they 'killed' it

gamewarrior
So this Magaddon thing has great power? What can it do?

Solidus Snake
it very appearance in teh solar system causes ppl to war against one another. its telepathic broadcasts send agents to neutralize the greatest trheats and if mageddon encounters resistance, it can explode and destroy everything around it.

the threat was so bad that the angels in heaven were planning to redesign a new universe if mageddon destroyed teh current one.

oh, it emits some kind of energy from its mouth that was able to kill thousands of superman level warriors instantly

gamewarrior
Wow! So who made this weapon(Mageddon)?

Solidus Snake
the old gods who were there before the new gods (im not trying to be retarded here)

gamewarrior
Why would they make a weapon that could destroy the Universe?! confused

leonidas
i think this is actually one instance where earth really IS screwed. cerebro?? sentry?? the way he's described currently, he ain't doing jacto meggadon. does everyone know what and who the beings on wonderworld were?! the glimmer was RIDICULOUSLY powerful and he only one of a WORLD of similar beings.

earth dies. and no, strange isn't gonna blink megaddon into another dimension. i'm more than willing to hear opposing arguments, just make them logical.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by gamewarrior
Why would they make a weapon that could destroy the Universe?! confused

New gods could do it quite easily... See here:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/newgodtech.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
i think this is actually one instance where earth really IS screwed. cerebro?? sentry?? the way he's described currently, he ain't doing jacto meggadon. does everyone know what and who the beings on wonderworld were?! the glimmer was RIDICULOUSLY powerful and he only one of a WORLD of similar beings.

earth dies. and no, strange isn't gonna blink megaddon into another dimension. i'm more than willing to hear opposing arguments, just make them logical.

I think all of DC earth would react the same as GL here...
The thing is HUGE...monstrous even...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/mageddon.jpg

DigiMark007
You got a bone to pick with Marvel Earth leo? They've been putting up with some heavy sh*t recently thanks to you.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You got a bone to pick with Marvel Earth leo? They've been putting up with some heavy sh*t recently thanks to you.

It is amusing Sentry consitantly tries to do this to the DC Earth and fails, Leo keeps suceeding what does that tell you about the 2 universes? smile

Sentry
Strange has dealt with monsters like that in the past.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/shumagorath6.jpg

Yeah, that's Shuma Gorath's real size. Oh, book at earth. Like I said, the strong brick like beings, telepaths, and energy wielders like the Sentry, Sersi, Black Bolt, Ikaris, the X-men telepaths connected to Cerebro, will buy time for Marvel's Big Guns, Strange, Doom, and Reed to get their prep going and counter with some serious tech/magic. Marvel Earth wins.

Solidus Snake
no, mageddon makes ppl want to war with each other

they would be too busy stopping everyone from nuking each other. heroes and villains alike

illadelph12
Not exactly. Mageddon emits suggestive psionic impulses that cause beings to war with one another. Through Cerebro, Professor X and other psychics on Marvel Earth could connect with the minds of all the humans on Earth and combat this, as well as Dr. Strange, while other heroes and villains formulate a counter attack. There are literally thousands of anti-psionic devices on Marvel Earth that are implements of SHIELD, Hydra, AIM, etc, not to mention Magneto already unleashed a psionics dampening field on Marvel Earth and wears a psi proof helmet along with Juggernaut. Mageddon's hate mongering can be neutralized, and then the superheroes, villians, and Wakandan Special Forces can move in and take out Mageddon's core by shutting down the reactor the way Supes did: absorbing the anti-sunlight. Marvel Earth has plenty of energy manipulators and Franklin Richards, and with people like Karnak that can instantly assess the weaknesses in objects/beings, they could pull it off without much issue.

What Marvel Earth lacks in ridiculously high speed characters and class 200,000+ strength boyscouts, it makes up for in psionics, intelligence, and tech.

But hopefully before all is said and done Mageddon kills Hulk...

And Wolverine...

And cripples Spiderman.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sentry
Strange has dealt with monsters like that in the past.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/shumagorath6.jpg

Yeah, that's Shuma Gorath's real size. Oh, book at earth. Like I said, the strong brick like beings, telepaths, and energy wielders like the Sentry, Sersi, Black Bolt, Ikaris, the X-men telepaths connected to Cerebro, will buy time for Marvel's Big Guns, Strange, Doom, and Reed to get their prep going and counter with some serious tech/magic. Marvel Earth wins.

If Strange alone can deal with it...then its not that tough...what exactly did he do to win?

bardock
sounds cool

Solidus Snake
it was not that simple illadelph12 cause STAR Labs and a whole slew of psychics and mystics would have done the same thing on DC earth.

the only reason why supes was able to get inside mageddon was because maggedon caught him. look at the pic of it, mageddon is too big for any one person or group of persons to affect. his eye is the size of the planet if not larger

leonidas
<<If Strange alone can deal with it...then its not that tough...what exactly did he do to win?>>

he sealed the gateway before shuma gorath could actually enter our plane. that's how strange ALWAYS beats those guys. he couldn't keep satannish out by himself however and needed loads of help, nor was he able to keep set from trying to enter our plane - thor had to fetch demogorge to do that.

megaddon is already IN our plane . . .

illadelph12
I read the story arc starting back in JLA #37. Of course DC writers are going to drag it out. It's not really that difficult a task for for Marvel Earth. Last time I checked, DC Earth wasn't chocked full of neural inhibitors, energy manipulators and psychics to the degree Marvel is. Psionics is what Marvel does. The hate mongering effect will be handled. Getting inside Mageddon won't be too difficult either with beings like Cloak, Franklin Richards, and Strange who can extradimensionally teleport. All they need to do is get in range and teleport a strike force of energy manipulators to take Mageddon's anti-sunlight core out. Mageddon's size isn't a factor, how it operates is. Marvel Earth isn't going to fly up at it and throw haymakers, that's not how things are handled in the Marvel Universe (well, at least not most of the time). As a person who reads both companies materials, I can confidently say that Mageddon would be dealt with.

But hopefully after killing Hulk and Logan.

And Cyclops.

leonidas
hmm, i'm not entirely sure about that. dont' forget maggeddon's ability to create servants. how many it created we never found out, but apparently the jla feared it had servants all over the world. a few well placed servants in shield and aim and hydra, etc . . . will seriously hinder any aid they might provide (and if mag could take over luthor's brain, i've no doubt it could take over any regular human's mind -- and don't forget it took a supreme effort from manhunter and luthor combined to get mag out of luthor's head). like dc, they would also need to first SOLVE the problem - ie - what is causing the change in people. by the time they DID find out, implementing your dampeners would be FAR more difficult - AIM, HYDRA in particular are evil and would be affected early and severely by mageddon, so they wouldn't be providing any aid. i could also easily see it taking over logan's brain very early (he's so close to animal already), and through logan killing xavier or at the very least eliminating cerebro.

and mags wasn't using just anger and rage, he was afflicting humans with ALL the negative emotions - despair, selfdoubt (in waves strong enough to make kyle unable to use his ring!) as well as the more animalistic ones. though a weapon, it was stated that the mageddon device was very clever. in the end, dc earth had to affect a PHYSICAL change in all the humans on earth to overcome mageddon's power. i can't help but suspect a few psionic dampeners would likely be ineffective against a weapon created by the old gods.

long pig
He beat Shuma by forcing himself becoming shuma and then basically killing himself.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud You really think Logan could kill Xavier?

Superherovandal
well it really depends i doubt that if Maggendon took over his mind that Xavier would be able to stop him as MM barely got maggendon out of Luthor and Mm is loads better than Xavier at telepathy.

leonidas
<<You really think Logan could kill Xavier?>>

not really, but if xavier never knew what logan was up to, or if logan can use the trust xavier has in him to somehow sneak an attack in . . .

the main thought was that he could destroy cerebro. the killing of xavier came to em as i was writing. besides, luthor, when he was possessed, was able to fire off a blast of huge psionic energy - if logan could do the same, and perhaps stun xavier for a brief time, that's all the opening he would need. don't forget, it's not JUST logan who would be attacking - it's logan AND mageddon.

leonidas
<<He beat Shuma by forcing himself becoming shuma and then basically killing himself.>>

ya, ya . . . i took a shot in the dark - figured i had a 50/50 chance of being right. big grin

either way, he's not possessing mageddon that way because mag's is a machine.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by leonidas
<<He beat Shuma by forcing himself becoming shuma and then basically killing himself.>>

ya, ya . . . i took a shot in the dark - figured i had a 50/50 chance of being right. big grin

either way, he's not possessing mageddon that way because mag's is a machine.

So true Leo, Magg would own Strange smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.