Why do things like talking fire bushes never happen now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
All this magical stuff happened ages ago, says the bible. So why doesn't that sought of stuff happen now? Why did it just all of a sudden 'end'?

Another reason why I don't believe in the bible.

finti
easier to get away with tales like that before than it is now, a camcorder around every corner now you know smile

Wonderer
Because those things never happened before.

Evil Dead
because those things made for entertaining stories then. Today we have televison, movies, etc. We have no need to assert our entertaining stories are real.

debbiejo
Originally posted by BlackC@t
All this magical stuff happened ages ago, says the bible. So why doesn't that sought of stuff happen now? Why did it just all of a sudden 'end'?

Things still happen......Though many stories in the Bible were for the purpose of proving one is a deity as in all myths.......

Shakyamunison
That happens all the time to me. I hate it when I run into two firey bushes and they start to get into an augment smile Oh! you mean like the ones in the bible laughing

finti
Why do things like talking fire bushes never happen now? way to effective fired epartments?

debbiejo
Things talk when you're on drugs....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
Why do things like talking fire bushes never happen now? way to effective fired epartments?

I thought this was about redheads.

debbiejo
NO....like burning bushes....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
NO....like burning bushes....

I've been burned by more than one redhead.

debbiejo
Was she a real redhead?

Shakyamunison
Was she a real redhead?

That's why I got burned. eek!

finti
woolly up and take care of your willy there Shaky....fire proof condoms

Shakyamunison
woolly up and take care of your willy there Shaky....fire proof condoms

eek!

debbiejo
laughing laughing out loud

What was the topic again....Oh, yeah..burning bushes.....I guess we still are on topic.....

Legend Of Chibi

You know, I asked that question when i was younger, and now I've found it. It does happen today, christians have babies when they weren't supposed to because of some disease etc

sonnet

In the time of the OT, God used nature to show his presence and power but after Jesus started his ministry on earth miracles happened through Jesus. It was not necessary for God to work through nature any more because Jesus and the apostles showed us God's power through the miracles that happened. These miracles still happen today and many of them have been recorded on camera, but the biggest testimony is that of the hundreds and sometimes thousands of people witnessing it. People are still healed today in an instant from various illnesses such as terminal cancer, blind people see while being prayed for, and many more. If you are sceptical you probably will never see any miracles because you will never be in a place where people are praying for the sick and disabled.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by sonnet
...If you are sceptical you probably will never see any miracles because you will never be in a place where people are praying for the sick and disabled.

I thought your statement was fine until you got to this part (above). That is an arrogant statement. The hole purpose of a miracle is to testify and if you just testify to the faithful, you do not spread the word of god.

mr.smiley
Most of these stories are allergorys for our mind.

But think about this.Lets say Jesus lived on earth today.Do you think he would be take seriously as the son of God?He would be considered a magician along the lines of Chris Angel.

finti
laughing out loud laughing yeah the bad boys are called sperms this time instead of germs

strange thing that these so called recorded events of miracles never make the news though, the only place they exist is in the head of the believers.... a delusion of reality

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Most of these stories are allergorys for our mind.

But think about this.Lets say Jesus lived on earth today.Do you think he would be take seriously as the son of God?He would be considered a magician along the lines of Chris Angel.

I am the son of God and so are you.

If Jesus was here today, people might understand him and get made and hang him from a tree.

finti
I am the son of my mom and dad

Shakyamunison
I am the son of my mom and dad

But you sure do look like the mail man. laughing

finti
our mail man was a women

Shakyamunison
our mail man was a women

Sorry man, you must be really messed up. laughing out loud

finti
no perfectly aware of my origin man smile

Wonderer
What a waste of time. Nothing in life can be miraculous...things occur because they can...how can things happen if they can't?

Spelljammer
It's quite simple really, people want to deny The Lord. It wouldn't matter what He did. They would say it was a halluceination, or a dream, or somehow could be explained without God being in the explanation..

They'd live thier lives lieing to themselves..
Get brainwashed by the masses..
Or simply be drugged into a stupor..

But somehow or another they would find a way to deny The Word of God, so it's pointless to try..

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by Spelljammer
It's quite simple really, people want to deny The Lord. It wouldn't matter what He did. They would say it was a halluceination, or a dream, or somehow could be explained without God being in the explanation..

But somehow or another they would find a way to deny The Word of God, so it's pointless to try..

That's true, sometimes I feel it's pointless, but it's worth the try.

Shakyamunison
no perfectly aware of my origin man smile

Me too, I'm just trying to get a bigger point across. But I think you get it, just don't want it. big grin I'm ok with that. cool

finti
yeah thats how I see religious people as well

debbiejo
Originally posted by Spelljammer

That's not necessarily true....many people were believers and got a little education then stepped out of the box...

Legend Of Chibi
laughing out loud laughing yeah the bad boys are called sperms this time instead of germs

strange thing that these so called recorded events of miracles never make the news though, the only place they exist is in the head of the believers.... a delusion of reality

1. Haha, but no. Infact what you just said made no sense atall.

2. Do you think you would want to believe god is real? No, you wouldn't, you'd just make up some excuse and pretend it never happened. Just the same thing happens with the Newspaper managers etc. Plus I was born on the same day as my cousin, the same weight, only 20 minutes appart and a birthmark in the same place on our heads, it didn't make it to the BIG newspapers that everyone saw.

Don't you know that any fossils etc that don't agree with evolution are gotten rid of?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
...Don't you know that any fossils etc that don't agree with evolution are gotten rid of?

Not true. There is too much money to be made from proving someone else wrong.

Evil Dead
exactly what was miraculous bout this? You and your cousin........having many genes in common both have a birth mark in a similar place or both of your moms ovulation cycles being so close together?

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by Evil Dead
exactly what was miraculous bout this? You and your cousin........having many genes in common both have a birth mark in a similar place or both of your moms ovulation cycles being so close together?

Let's just say it doesn't happen everyday smile

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not true. There is too much money to be made from proving someone else wrong.

As i've already said news isn't always spread across the world

Shakyamunison
As i've already said news isn't always spread across the world

You don't know what you are talking about, have you ever heard of a scientific journal?

Legend Of Chibi
Yes I have, and I've also heard of magazines about christianity and the miracles that are happening TODAY.

Shakyamunison
Yes I have, and I've also heard of magazines about christianity and the miracles that are happening TODAY.

...and UFOs that abduct people in the night.

Evil Dead
um.......scientific journals or any scientific publication for that matter not only have reports of something, there is also physical evidence that any person can view...........opposed to religion rags that offer burned grilled cheese sandwiches which they claim "resembles" the virgin Mary.

you can not compare the two. Science is based on fact........what can be observed 100% of the time by any of those willing to go through the trouble to do so. Religion is based on belief.........on faith.....which by very definition means is not fact.............can not be viewed or studied. It exists soly in the minds of those who want it to exist in their mind.

Legend Of Chibi
Haha, no, science itself has purely removed UFOs from existance!

1. One of Jupiters moon could have had life in its water which were likely to have been the same as our waters. There was NO life in them waters.

2. Ex-Scientists from Germany in WW2 have said that THEY made Ufos, and the description of these Ufos match the usual descriptions.

But Science hasn't had any good enough proof against the existance of God.

Legend Of Chibi
um.......scientific journals or any scientific publication for that matter not only have reports of something, there is also physical evidence that any person can view............
Which definatly isn't Evolution or the big Bang.

Evil Dead
that is why they are called THEORY....not FACT..........

it looks like in your 12 years of life you would have learned some of this by now......

Legend Of Chibi
that is why they are called THEORY....not FACT..........

it looks like in your 12 years of life you would have learned some of this by now......

1. I know the difference between theory and fact, but i'm aiming to disprove Evolution and you've just helped me do so.

2. I'm 14.

Shakyamunison
1. I know the difference between theory and fact, but i'm aiming to disprove Evolution and you've just helped me do so.

2. I'm 14.

Before you can disprove something you have to fully understand it.

Legend Of Chibi
Before you can disprove something you have to fully understand it.

Well nobody can disprove god then, because nobody really understands him fully. I warn you that Armaggedon is coming soon, If i was you i'd think about your faith in Evolution etc, because soon it will be too late.

Shakyamunison
Well nobody can disprove god then, because nobody really understands him fully. I warn you that Armageddon is coming soon, If i was you i'd think about your faith in Evolution etc, because soon it will be too late.

Evolution is not something that is anti god. Like I've said before, evolution is the hand of God creating the world.

Armageddon has come and gone long ago. Revelations was not meant to be put in the bible. It was anti Roman propaganda.

Legend Of Chibi
Evolution is not something that is anti god. Like I've said before, evolution is the hand of God creating the world.

Armageddon has come and gone long ago. Revelations was not meant to be put in the bible. It was anti Roman propaganda.

Have i told you about the super-continent which is being created by Muslims? They say they are going to take over Britain, the Bible says this will happen, and it also said that there would be more wars(The New Gulf war) and natural disasters(Tsunami, hurricanes and earthquakes in Britain).

Legend Of Chibi
It didn't specifically say Britain, but it said around that specific area.

Shakyamunison
It didn't specifically say Britain, but it said around that specific area.

Legend Of Chibi, you have no idea who you are talking too.

Legend Of Chibi
I don't, no, I don't have a clue. (Infact i might have got the wrong name, bad memory)

debbiejo
I don't, no, I don't have a clue. (Infact i might have got the wrong name, bad memory)

Legend of chibi boy....This is the forum where gods speak to Christians...aren't you listening...We have been trying to communicate with you for months now....................

And I've never told the Muslims to create a super-continent.

Evil Dead
duh.......nobody can disprove anything. Here is a lesson that seems to have eluded you in your 12 years of life on this planet. A negative can not be proven. For something to be fact, data must be gathered or recorded then studied. If something does not exist it can not produce data to be gathered or studied. All one can do is prove a seemingly contradictory positive.

Example:

There are purple elephants. You can not dis-prove this. All you can do is prove the seemingly contradictory positive that all elephants are grey. You can do this by recording the color (within aproximation) of every single known elephant on this planet (data).......

finti
dont have to understand god to disprove god, all you have to do is say "there is no god"........and until the opposite is proven with substansial evidence as proof that argument stand against everything the believers of this deity can come up with

Legend Of Chibi
duh.......nobody can disprove anything. Here is a lesson that seems to have eluded you in your 12 years of life on this planet. A negative can not be proven. For something to be fact, data must be gathered or recorded then studied. If something does not exist it can not produce data to be gathered or studied. All one can do is prove a seemingly contradictory positive.

Example:

There are purple elephants. You can not dis-prove this. All you can do is prove the seemingly contradictory positive that all elephants are grey. You can do this by recording the color (within aproximation) of every single known elephant on this planet (data).......

I see you've never heard of alternate universes or ghosts then roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am amazed someone like you doesn't know that there can be many things beyond our knowledge that we might NEVER be able to find out unless it comes to us in someway or we see proof. And may i say that most data that goes against evolution is gotten rid of, does that sound fair to you? it sure makes the results inaccurate.

"There are purple elephants. You can not dis-prove this. All you can do is prove the seemingly contradictory positive that all elephants are grey. You can do this by recording the color (within aproximation) of every single known elephant on this planet (data)......."
I sure can, there is no way for a purple elephant to exist because there would have to be a whole family of them to pass down the DNA, which there is not.

Legend Of Chibi
dont have to understand god to disprove god, all you have to do is say "there is no god"........and until the opposite is proven with substansial evidence as proof that argument stand against everything the believers of this deity can come up with

Well you don't have to disprove evolution then, just say "Evolution is a fix".... And until they find real proof this will always stay as a theory, nothing more. For the millionth time there HAS been proof against evolution (fossils, skeletons etc) but they are just discarded of.

xmarksthespot
I see Chibi's back to making as little sense as ever.

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I see Chibi's back to making as little sense as ever.

Why thankyou laughing

xmarksthespot
Haha, no, science itself has purely removed UFOs from existance!
1. One of Jupiters moon could have had life in its water which were likely to have been the same as our waters. There was NO life in them waters.
2. Ex-Scientists from Germany in WW2 have said that THEY made Ufos, and the description of these Ufos match the usual descriptions.
But Science hasn't had any good enough proof against the existance of God. First of all both these claims are questionable seeing as you provide no source. Secondly how far is Jupiter and it's moons from the sun? Again you compare apples with oranges, as if apples were oranges.
Laughable. I have physical and observational evidence of evolution. You have nothing.Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Have i told you about the super-continent which is being created by Muslims? They say they are going to take over Britain, the Bible says this will happen, and it also said that there would be more wars(The New Gulf war) and natural disasters(Tsunami, hurricanes and earthquakes in Britain).
The Iraq war is because neocons wanted to oust Saddam. When's the last time there was a tsunami, hurricane or earthquake in Britian?Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
I see you've never heard of alternate universes or ghosts then roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am amazed someone like you doesn't know that there can be many things beyond our knowledge that we might NEVER be able to find out unless it comes to us in someway or we see proof. And may i say that most data that goes against evolution is gotten rid of, does that sound fair to you? it sure makes the results inaccurate.I'm not amazed someone like you knows nothing about scientific method. Data is discarded that goes against evolution? That's a pretty libellous thing to write.
This:
I sure can, there is no way for a purple elephant to exist because there would have to be a whole family of them to pass down the DNA, which there is not. isn't proof. This is you making a statement that makes no sense - not unlike any of the other statements you make.

sonnet
I thought your statement was fine until you got to this part (above). That is an arrogant statement. The hole purpose of a miracle is to testify and if you just testify to the faithful, you do not spread the word of god.
I fail to see the arrogance, because if you are sceptical like Mr smiley who thinks that miracles are allogories of the mind then you will probably not go to a sermon or service where they will be praying for the sick. If you have ever been to one you will know that bringing the word of God or the gospel is always part of it because we do not pray for people if we have not ministered to them first just as Jesus instructed his disciples in Mark 16:15-18. The miracle testifies to God's glory and power and the truth of the word of God.

finti
and these proofs are????

Shakyamunison
I fail to see the arrogance, because if you are sceptical like Mr smiley who thinks that miracles are allogories of the mind then you will probably not go to a sermon or service where they will be praying for the sick. If you have ever been to one you will know that bringing the word of God or the gospel is always part of it because we do not pray for people if we have not ministered to them first just as Jesus instructed his disciples in Mark 16:15-18. The miracle testifies to God's glory and power and the truth of the word of God.

Intent of the writer, I can state a fact and be above the listener while I state it, this is arrogance. It seems to be common for many Christens to make a statement and show how the non-Christan will be left out, this is arrogance. You don't know the heart of the person you are talking to. I point out arrogance, cause I believe that Jesus instructed against being arrogant.

Inspectah Deck

Most of the stories are made to teach a lesson. And since the bible was made by man, it is obviously flawed

debbiejo
I The miracle testifies to God's glory and power and the truth of the word of God.

Miracles happen in other cultures in other names then Jesus...Photons are very much alive and are effected by causes or other influences around them...why not except that maybe it's just the way things work no matter what a person believes....

sonnet
Miracles happen in other cultures in other names then Jesus...Photons are very much alive and are effected by causes or other influences around them...why not except that maybe it's just the way things work no matter what a person believes....
Well you can even read in the Bible about these kind of "miracles" and how it will mislead many. There a BIG difference to what people can do by influencing photons or even making use os pshycological healing/power and to what God can do and that is show in the lives of the people who have been touched by the healing power of the name of Jesus Christ who brings healing to the body, soul and sprirt and any situation in your life.

finti
or that the bible is the misleading factor

sonnet
or that the bible is the misleading factor
If it pleases you to believe that, great for you.

finti
just as you taking pleasure in the bible being belivable

Legend Of Chibi
Well you know what? Why didn't life just evolve into evolving faster? Then it could survive ANYWHERE, as far as i'm concerned anyone who believes that all life on earth is just one creature which changes is a fool as they have no common sense.

Evolution states that the sky is red at night, which it isn't, so there we go.

Evolution also states that all the apes in the jungles who live with humans should have evolved into human-kind which they haven't so there we go. What was the point of evolving into humans when we didn't need to? (there are apes still on earth remember!)

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
First of all both these claims are questionable seeing as you provide no source. Secondly how far is Jupiter and it's moons from the sun? Again you compare apples with oranges, as if apples were oranges.

Laughable. I have physical and observational evidence of evolution. You have nothing.
The Iraq war is because neocons wanted to oust Saddam. When's the last time there was a tsunami, hurricane or earthquake in Britian?I'm not amazed someone like you knows nothing about scientific method. Data is discarded that goes against evolution? That's a pretty libellous thing to write.
This:
isn't proof. This is you making a statement that makes no sense - not unlike any of the other statements you make.

1. Ummm, ok, you say I have no source, i wonder how i know it then?

2. I thought someone like you would know that there are such things as underwater volcanoes.

3. You have NO evidence of evolution, there has been NO occurance of evolution in a laborotory.

4. Who said it had to be Britain? Anyways, i think it was 2003 when Britain had some earthquakes and in america there has been a powerful hurricane, so has Britain recently.

5. I read it from a book by a scientist who had researched these things.

6. As I have said before, you either only pretend they make no sense, or you seriously need to get better at your understanding of the british language.

debbiejo
Well you can even read in the Bible about these kind of "miracles" and how it will mislead many. There a BIG difference to what people can do by influencing photons or even making use os pshycological healing/power and to what God can do

It's the same power...same force.

Evil Dead
chibi........you are a god damned idiot.

what the hell are you talking about? what do changes in physical charicteristics of animal species have to do with the way light is reflected through the gases in our Earth's atmosphere?

again, what the holy hell are you talking about? Evolution does not state that humans evolved from modern ape species. It states that humans and modern apes both evolved from other species.........who evolved from other species......who evolved from other species.....which somewhere in the very distant past both evolved from the same species. you are one ****ing retarded kid.

provide a link please you moron. As far as I know (and I keep up with this sort of thing)........there are only two other celestial bodies which are thought of as being able to have liquid water. Those two are Saturn's moon Titan and Jupiter's moon Europa. We sent a probe to Titan which landed earlier this year........which we've yet to recieve data from. No probe has ever landed on Europa, although there are plans to launch one in 2007. Since you mention Jupiter's moon.......you must be talking about Europa (which means you no nothing about what you're talking about)..........the moon is completely covered in a frozen ocean of water. They are not looking for water however as we already know it's there......it's covered with it. They are looking for liquid water under the frozen ocean. The probe will drill down.........release an aqua-bot to collect samples of liquid water which will then return to earth and be screened for life.

and what makes you think we just haven't found one of these families of purple elephants? There could be millions of them.....we just haven't found them. Go to school tomorrow, kiddie, and ask your teacher if it's possible to prove a negative. You're 12 years old which means you're in what.......the 7th grade? Hell........most of us learned this before we reached that level of education.

I do however find it funny that you mention DNA....yet don't believe in evolution. Being the super-smart toddler you are, I assume you do know that all mammalian, reptilian, amphibian, etc. species on this planet share over 90% of the same DNA..........because that 90+% is the part of us that has remained unchanged since the beginning of life.......the other 10% is the portion that has evolved to create specific traits and charicteristics, which seperates us into different species, genus and families. quite literally, that 10% or less of DNA is what has evolved making all animals different from each other.

since you have no grasp of what evolution actually is.....I'll give you a short synopsis.

billions of years ago......chemicals, proteins and amino acids came together to create single celled organisms. These single celled organisms were the only forms of life on our planet, therefore had no predators. With no predators to interrupt their cycles of gaining energy and growing, nothing was there to stop them from growing into multi-cellular organisms. So they did. This cycle went on until complex-multi-cellular organisms arose. Now there were different types of life on our planet.....a food chain fell into place. The stronger organisms devoured the weaker......the very same food chain that is still here today. This is where the evolution boom occured. Many species began evolving better traits to evade predators. If a few members of a weak species were born with longer limbs that made them faster, easier to evade predation........those few members lived on to pass their genes on to their offspring where as the weaker did not. Before you know it.......all those members of the species who did not have the longer limbs were dead and gone, leaving only the ones that had the longer limbs making it easier for them to evade predation. Evolution had occurred. The former, weaker species had become a new/stronger one. As climates and ecosystems changed.......millions of different traits and charicteristics changed within species' populations. One species may create 100 new species with different traits suited to different environments and suited to defending against different predators. Each of these 100 species evolved 100 new species as climate and predation kept changing resulting in 10,000 different species.......and so on and so on until present where we have millions upon milliond of different species.

a laboratory has nothing to do with evolution. Just because humans can not create something does not mean it does not exist. Humans have never been able to create a planet.......yet we know they exist, we're standing on one. Nature is the laboratory.......we humans simply record the data. Through selective breeding instead of natural selection, we humans have actually been able to reproduce evolution. We have influenced the genetic changes in livestock and pets. We took four different species of canine and bread them in to hundreds of different species....which we refer to as "breeds". Instead of natural selection choosing which species were inferior and destined to die off or reproduce......we chose them ourselves.......which allowed us to create new species with different traits from the old.......and new species from those new species. Without humans to keep them alive, many would certainly die off as natural selection would again we the determining factor of survival................hell, many species can not even reproduce without human intervention. Never the less, those species do exist......through the manipulation of breeding......leading different subjects to have different genes which result in different physical traits and charicteristics, the very things that define a species. That is evolution..........man made evolution.

I'm telling you guys...........noboby could actually believe the stuff Chibi is typing.........animal species being affected by the way light reflects through gases in our atmosphere. WTF?............he is merely a troll. If I was moderator, he would already be banned for trolling....

Evil Dead
oh yeah......

we did need to. The human species began in Africa. At the time, vegetation was dwindling.......as such, so were trees. Ape had to cross on the ground through thich fields of grass. How were they to see over the grass? They needed to stand up-right on two legs......for navigation and avoidance of predators. Standing on two legs left our arms open to different purposes.......creating, using and carrying tools. These tools were used to kill larger game. These larger game introduced something new into our motabalism........higher ammounts of different proteins, which combined with our use of tools led to blossoming intelligence. As we now had two free limbs and tools.......there was no need for a heavy jaw anchored to the top of our cranium. As our jaws became smaller....the muscles and tendons became thinner......allowing for cranial expansion. There were no longer thick muscles and tendons binding our skulls. As our craniums became larger, so did our brains. As our jaws became smaller......so did our mouths.....limitting the amount of persperation we could expel through panting. As we stood upright, more of our bodies were exposed to the direct heat of the sun. Both of these led to more sweat glands being produced on our epidermis. As we gained more and more sweat glands......we lost more and more hair which would have covered these sweat glands.

again........just another example of how you know nothing of what you speak of. It looks like you would atleast do a little research on a subject before ever putting your fingers to keyboard. Hell.......you could have probably done a quick google search with the terms "why humans evolved from apes" and learned something..............negating your need to post ridiculous crap that just shows how unintelligent you are. Not knowing something does not make you dumb or unintelligent. Not knowing something, having the resources learn about it and not using it are what make you dumb and unintelligent.

debbiejo
Well you can even read in the Bible about these kind of "miracles" and how it will mislead many. There a BIG difference to what people can do by influencing photons or even making use os pshycological healing/power and to what God can do and that is show in the lives of the people who have been touched by the healing power of the name of Jesus Christ who brings healing to the body, soul and sprirt and any situation in your life.

Why can't you believe that a church of state set the standards which all the Christian religions is based on....WHAT if god is bigger then what we were taught...And WHAT if we were taught not to think for ourselves because it's EVIL...what then............What if what we were taught was wrong????????????????????

What then..........what then................what?

Shakyamunison
Why can't you believe that a church of state set the standards which all the Christian religions is based on....WHAT if god is bigger then what we were taught...And WHAT if we were taught not to think for ourselves because it's EVIL...what then............What if what we were taught was wrong????????????????????

What then..........what then................what?

What? What? What? Could we all have a few more whats? laughing
laughing out loud
rolling on floor laughing

debbiejo
Huh?

MRasheed
Originally posted by BlackC@
Why do things like talking fire bushes never happen now?

Who said it doesn't? The holy prophets and patriarchs who received and performed miracle by the leave of God recorded the deeds in the scripture (both orally and written) that was used by mankind as a spiritual guide for their lives. These people were specifically anointed as examples ad instructors in wisdom so all those stories came down to us like that.

There were other people throughout history who experienced supernatural encounters just as they still do. But the canon of holy scripture has been closed for a while now, so individual experiences are no longer held up as examples for all men, just for that one individual.

menokokoro
Well, first of all, that kind of stuff only happened to prophets, and some special people. And most religions believe there are no prophets anymore.

Second, God's church had left the world for a long time, so those sort of things just wouldn't happen.

Third, most of that stuff is simply symbolic, I'm not an expert on this subject, but the burning bush was just a way of saying Gods presence.

Super Marie 64
Originally posted by BlackC@

Because Christianity is so deeply intigrated into our world now, it doesn't need to happen. You don't need to convince the people of a religion, when it's right in front of you.

ADarksideJedi
But not everybody could see that it is right infront of them.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
But not everybody could see that it is right infront of them.
Moses wasn't even a believer when he first saw the burning bush...

MRasheed
Why do you think that?

ADarksideJedi
Does it really matter if it does or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.