What form did Luke use

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kam Solusar
just wondering

Se7in
Shien, same as Anakin.

Darth_Janus
Yup, although much less refined than Anakin did in ROTS, since Luke had not even come close to mastering it in ROTJ.

Darth Faunus
Actually, neither had Anakin. In AOTC, he was an Ataru practioner, much like Obi-Wan used to be. But when circumstances changed, he adopted Shien, and became damn good at it. . .

Fishy
Its hard to master a form that quick, but Anakin was better at it then Luke was.

Kam Solusar
thanks guys

Ogami Itto
i thought he used the "baseball bat "style

Captain REX
Styles didn't exist yet, by any means... stick out tongue

Shien, most likely. Anakin and Luke liked their power blows.

Ogami Itto
What the f**k?

Captain REX
Yeah, you took it there, not me.

Ogami Itto
what r u talking about rex??

Captain REX
Not sure, anymore.

Ogami Itto
smokin'

Tangible God
Luke used the style most commonly seen in the movie BASEketball.

jedihuh?
it wasn't funny the first time, its not funny now

Tangible God
Of course only vikings that way.

Lord-Nihilus
Its possible to master forms in a couple of minutes actually, just look at the exile (DS) he managed to learn his from jedi masters in a matter of minutes.

oh, and dont come up with the thing about him being an echo in the force, because not only could the exile do it, but kreia also mentions that the "new sith" are doing it also, which could lead to a hint towards numero troi

Lord Janus
Uh no. The exile learned forms in minutes because the game would piss people off if they actually had to do any real work. This is a game mechanic and shouldn't be accepted as the norm.

Darth Faunus
You changed your SN?

Lord Janus
I did. I wanted Janus, but someone already had it. Hmpf.

Kam Solusar
how do you change your SN?

Lord-Nihilus
ok, we'll live the exile thing at that, bet they're gonna make some new forms just for the sake of KOTOR 3 anyway....buggers

SithHappens
I believe Luke practiced Ataru. Evidence; he was trained by Yoda (for the most part) who was a proficient master of Ataru, in his confrontations with Vader he does some flips (not quite as extreme as those in PT but you know), he also leaped quite high from the carbon freezing cahmber.

Lord Janus
Every Jedi does jumps, and doing flips doesn't make you an Ataru practitioner. It's more than moves, it's an approach to fighting. Ataru is heavy on force-aided movements and acrobatics to overcome an enemy with sheer flurry. Shien/Djem So is a fighting style that is described exactly how Luke and Anakin fight, and by all accounts Luke -is- a Shien practitioner. It's not exactly up for debate.

Captain REX
Luke and Vader go for power-blows. Now, if Luke was making several fast attacks, blah blah blah, he'd be Ataru. Just because Yoda, Ataru Master, trained him, doesn't mean that Luke uses Ataru.

Just look at Dooku and Qui-Gon. Dooku mastered Makashi, Qui-Gon prefered Ataru.

SithHappens
I doubt Luke had any formal training. He probably wasn't a master of any form. But what I was trying to say is that it seems that he knows some Ataru which is logical because he was trained by Yoda. Other than that I can not say. It seems improbably he learned much from Obi-Wan in the ways of lightsaber combat.

Captain REX
Yoda taught him some, but Luke mainly taught himself. He was only on Dagobah for however long he was there in the movie, and that seemed like either a couple days or a week or so, and the span from ANH to ESB is three, and a year to ROTJ.

Like I said, just because Yoda trained him, doesn't mean that Luke uses Ataru, and I cited my Dooku-Jinn example.

Darth_Glentract
Luke probably learned form five to a futher extent in the five years after ROTJ that Obi-wan continued to talk to him as a spirit. I said probably, so I don't have any proof, but it makes sense to me.

Captain REX
Thing was, Obi-Wan practiced Soresu, form three. Luke seemed to have self-taught himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.