I just watched prisoner of azkaban...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
...and found it satisfying except for two problems

(This is not a nit picking thread that goes on about small changes, these are big problems that could affect the films later on or thigns that really ticked me off , i understand unlike people that a whole book can't usually be put on the big screen without some changes)

1- the patronus , Now in the book the patronus is a shape (usually a animal) which attacks the dementor driving it away (like a battering ram). In the film it was like a giant energy shield , that annoyed me since it made no sense from lupins explanation a patronus is like a shield are his exact words in the movie. So if it was a shield then why did it turn into a stag hmmmm

2- Werewolf lupin, What the hell was that thing , it was not a damn werewolf it was a dog with elongated limbs by the look of it . i expected a werewolf in it's transformed state to look similar to the ones in underworld/van hellsing

The Ones
1. have no idea why

2. can you blame the director for doing something a little bit more original instead of just going for a cliche look?

daeri
I saw a patronus beast in the movie, it just comes when the shield did its work, then the beast comes right?

The Phantom
Originally posted by grey fox
...and found it satisfying except for two problems

(This is not a nit picking thread that goes on about small changes, these are big problems that could affect the films later on or thigns that really ticked me off , i understand unlike people that a whole book can't usually be put on the big screen without some changes)

1- the patronus , Now in the book the patronus is a shape (usually a animal) which attacks the dementor driving it away (like a battering ram). In the film it was like a giant energy shield , that annoyed me since it made no sense from lupins explanation a patronus is like a shield are his exact words in the movie. So if it was a shield then why did it turn into a stag hmmmm

2- Werewolf lupin, What the hell was that thing , it was not a damn werewolf it was a dog with elongated limbs by the look of it . i expected a werewolf in it's transformed state to look similar to the ones in underworld/van hellsing The first one I can answer. Ok. If you remember, before Harry could actually produce a full patronus, he made white mist come out. That shield thing was the mist. He only used a real patronus once and that was to save himself and Sirius at the end of the movie.

Director_Joe
It was difficuly to see but the stag was there... Though, I too think it would have been better for it to run down the dementors...

Insomnia
Nah, even though this is magic, it seems more plausible for it to just appear as a prolonged muzzleflash rather than a moving representation of a stag.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.