Mon el v Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
smile

gamewarrior
Who's Mon El? huh Is he superboy, supergirl or some kind of alien relative to krypton Cus the Name is like Kal El Superman's real name.

olympian
Post crisis?

Edge to Gladiator. Pre crisis to Mon El.

"Who's Mon El? Is he superboy, supergirl or some kind of alien relative to krypton Cus the Name is like Kal El Superman's real name."

He is a Daxamite, a being with Superman like powers and uniform. Pre crisis they wer more powerful than Superman, but not currently.

As a funny note, Marvel Gladiator was design wise based on Mon-El, the same way the emperial guard was based on the Legion.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by olympian
He is a Daxamite, a being with Superman like powers and uniform. Pre crisis they were more powerful than Superman.

As a funny note, Marvel Gladiator was design wise based on Mon-El, the same way the emperial guard was based on the Legion.

Exactly why I started this thread smile

gladiator69
gladiator would knock his ass out big time

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by gladiator69
gladiator would knock his ass out big time

Pre crisis Mon el laughing out loud

ZephroCarnelian
Daxamite? Those the guys who're allergic to lead? I have a Bottled City of Kandor comic, where Supes fights someone called 'The Daxamite.'

The only way he manages to beat the dude is by drawing him into a scrapyard - cos he was allergic to lead, just like Supes is to K-nite.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Daxamite? Those the guys who're allergic to lead? I have a Bottled City of Kandor comic, where Supes fights someone called 'The Daxamite.'

The only way he manages to beat the dude is by drawing him into a scrapyard - cos he was allergic to lead, just like Supes is to K-nite.

Most of them are not allergic to lead anymore.
Monel never was once revived in the 30th Century

HigH ScholaR
ypu made this thread to be a smartass did'nt you whirly if you made this pre crises and knew supes had trouble with him

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
ypu made this thread to be a smartass did'nt you whirly if you made this pre crises and knew supes had trouble with him

Me a smartass never I could have used Vartox laughing out loud

I made this thread because The imperial Guard are Pre Crisis Legion knock offs smile

gladiator69
imperial guard is the most powerful then many other characters. even superman

Whirlysplatt
imperial guard is the most powerful then many other characters. even superman

What language is that laughing out loud

Based on what?

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Me a smartass never I could have used Vartox laughing out loud

I made this thread because The imperial Guard are Pre Crisis Legion knock offs smile

no

post cris GLADIATOR WINS, pre cris he loses

Whirlysplatt
no

post cris GLADIATOR WINS, pre cris he loses

Not even sure about that......... Thor beat Gladiator smile

gladiator69
id still think that would be a good fight though. superman vs gladiator
of course gladiator would knock his ass out excuse my french Mr smiley face. but I'm sure superman would still get a few licks at him

Whirlysplatt
id still think that would be a good fight though. superman vs gladiator
of course gladiator would knock his ass out excuse my french Mr smiley face. but I'm sure superman would still get a few licks at him

"French?" you want to french kiss my smiley face?

laughing out loud Two versions of Thor beat Gladiator and Lobo laid the smack down on the imperial guard alone confused They are real tough smile

What comic is the smiley face from, it is a mature readers comic, so I guess you don't know sad do you?

HigH ScholaR
erm glads was carrying a aiplane that's when thor got at him

don't see glads losing to a monkey though........sorry that's not right to low a gorilla

HigH ScholaR
glads was not there when lobo was smacking up the guards and materson "beat" glads when living lightning was there as back

Whirlysplatt
erm glads was carrying a aiplane that's when thor got at him

don't see glads losing to a monkey though........sorry that's not right to low a gorilla

Thor beat him in Galactic Storm as well, till I see a scan of this Grodd incident its rubbish smile

Read "whom the gods would destroy" and see Sif beat Thor up laughing out loud

HigH ScholaR
never said sif never beat thor up that's funny

you seem to think i like thor as much as you like supes no

Whirlysplatt
never said sif never beat thor up that's funny

you seem to think i like thor as much as you like supes no
I actually quiet like Thor as he was. I did not enjoy the power ups all the hero as a god stuff as been done better before. Thor should have stayed what he was!

gladiator69
i sais exuse my french cause you cry every time i use foul language.

and you waste your time putting all those stupid little faces on there.
i can care less pall i know you put it just to be funny and all that but your just waisting you time

Whirlysplatt
i sais exuse my french cause you cry every time i use foul language.

and you waste your time putting all those stupid little faces on there.
i can care less pall i know you put it just to be funny and all that but your just waisting you time

pal its pal smile cry when you use foul language confused what do you mean I have never reported you? What language are usingsmile

How old are you? Not being rude, its just a question smile

roughrider
Funny watching these two got at it.
Does anyone have pictures of MonEl; I only dimly remember the Daxamites. laughing out loud

gladiator69
i never said you reported me and i haven't reported you. you entertaining in a way lol

HigH ScholaR
jawdropjerry

Whirlysplatt
Mon el

gladiator69
jerry is gone dude your gonna have to come up with something else. and im not fighting this is kinda fun.

roughrider
Thanks for the scan...yes, I remember him now.
I think I'll take him over Gladiator, if only because that mohawk is getting real old. big grin

Whirlysplatt
jerry is gone dude your gonna have to come up with something else. and im not fighting this is kinda fun.

Indeed it is.

especially for those reading it back smile

gladiator69
you read back to i see

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
Thanks for the scan...yes, I remember him now.
I think I'll take him over Gladiator, if only because that mohawk is getting real old. big grin

good choice embarrasment you know where the character name Gladiator came from?

http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/114934-ebook.htm

its a homage to the character Superman is based on, Hugo Dannersmile

HigH ScholaR
this may sem of topic but do you think the imperial gurads can take out the legions

HigH ScholaR
(auto quote)[/quickquote

wasn't there a thread on this

HigH ScholaR

sorry don't know how that happened

but wasn't there a thread on that

Whirlysplatt
this may sem of topic but do you think the imperial gurads can take out the legions

not a chance three Superman level characters plus all the others smile Overkill especially precrisis.

Mon el
Duplicate boy
Ultra Boy
Karate Kid
Nemesis Kid etc etc

roughrider

Ah...didn't know this. So Glads is perhaps a three-way combo of Danner, Supes, and Mon El?

From the look of that book and the period (1930), I wonder if he inspired Robert E. Howard's character of Esui Cairn (spelling may be wrong) aka Iron Hand, an Earthman so physically gifted he can't live among common men, and is transported to another planet to live a barbarian's life. Maybe they were concurrent; Howard died in 1936.

olympian
" Me a smartass never I could have used Vartox "

Damn, what ever happened to that guy anyway? That design was weird as heck.

I never understood what he was suposse to be either, another alien with lousy taste for uniforms?

K Von Doom
Are Mon'El and Valor the same character?

long pig
Didn't Karate Kid whoop up on him?

ImmortalOne
Karate Kid rocks....... his almost on Thing level !!!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
Ah...didn't know this. So Glads is perhaps a three-way combo of Danner, Supes, and Mon El?

From the look of that book and the period (1930), I wonder if he inspired Robert E. Howard's character of Esui Cairn (spelling may be wrong) aka Iron Hand, an Earthman so physically gifted he can't live among common men, and is transported to another planet to live a barbarian's life. Maybe they were concurrent; Howard died in 1936.

Its Esau Cairn, perhaps Cairn borrowed more for Rice Borroughs John Carter on Mars both certainly influenced Lord Tedric by EE Doc Smith.

Originally posted by olympian
" Me a smartass never I could have used Vartox "

Damn, what ever happened to that guy anyway? That design was weird as heck.

I never understood what he was suposse to be either, another alien with lousy taste for uniforms?

Vartox gained Hyperpowers greater than Precrisis Supes due to some sort of Space Accident (I do not have the details) this is a vague recollection from something Vartox said as to how he gained his powers. Yes his costume was shit.

Originally posted by K Von Doom
Are Mon'El and Valor the same character?

Yes

Originally posted by long pig
Didn't Karate Kid whoop up on him?

No he used to spar with him, Mon el if he cut loose was awesome second only to "Duplicate Boy", think a good guy with Amazos powers smile

That felt like a whirly Masterclasssmile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

roughrider
Esau Cairn=John Carter; probably right there.

Parallex
Heres somethin I found interesting about Mon El and Gladiator. BTW Karate Kid would beat tha hell outta tha thing before Ben even knew it started. http://www.quarterbin.net/recycleb/rb29.html

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Parallex
Heres somethin I found interesting about Mon El and Gladiator. BTW Karate Kid would beat tha hell outta tha thing before Ben even knew it started. http://www.quarterbin.net/recycleb/rb29.html

Its sn interesting opinion I think the name gladiator is certainly a reference to Hugo Danner whom Supes himself was based on. The derivation goes further still smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.