star wars knight of the old republic 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stunna1773
is kights of the old republic 2 a good game cause im thinking of buying it

The Ones
yes it is

stunna1773
r the controls like jedi academy

Linkalicious
No they are like Knight of the Old Republic 1

I'm not huge on Star Wars games, but this one was my favorite to date.

darth-yoda
i would really surguest buying knghts of the old republic 1 first

stunna1773
ight how much do u think it is now

darth-yoda
i picked up Kotor 1 for 15 quid about 7 month ago and in my local gamestation number two is 21 pound but try play.com you will probs get it cheaper on there

The Ones

FeceMan
To be honest, I liked the original better than the sequel. The original, in my opinion, has better quests and characters (aside from Kreia). The only thing the sequel does better was that a) one is able to start as a Jedi, and b) there is the 'influence/relationship' dynamic. The plot twist in the first was better, too, although it is well done in KOTOR II. However, one must have knowledge from the previous game in order to fully enjoy the experience.

KOTOR II has a half-assed ending--to be completely honest, though the original's wasn't that great, either--and, from what I can tell, LS/DS endings are nearly (if not exactly) identical. Also, in order to fully "get" the plot, one must play as a LSer, as a DSer misses out on the most integral portion of the plot.

Some of the quests in KOTOR II are really good, and one can do all sorts of little things to advance them (Dantooine is, in my opinion, THE best part of the game).

Taking everything into consideration, KOTOR II has one fatal flaw that turned me off from the game:

The time spent on the ship after one awakens from one's coma/trance is WAY too long, and there is too much backtracking.

In the end, save the game for a rental and have fun with it.

Dark Exile
Nactous is the man to talk to about this, he;s obsessed with it.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Yes he is.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by darth-yoda
i would really surguest buying knghts of the old republic 1 first

Yes, Kotor 1 starts slow but it is FAR beter than 2

darth-yoda
but id say pm nactous hes the man with the info

StinkFist462
and not to mention in KOTOR 2. it takes at least 15 or so hours to get a lightsaber.

stunna1773
wow

stunna1773
well i will have kotor1 on saturday

Durza
Originally posted by StinkFist462
and not to mention in KOTOR 2. it takes at least 15 or so hours to get a lightsaber.
i got a saber in the first hour. I rock at all things KOTOR (1 and 2) .

ummmm.......
Did anyone else realize that Mandy was Candy?

Batman Wins
yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.