Fastest guitarist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alic88
i was just browsing the web and saw this name ANDY VAN HATCHER. He says

"I HAVE APPLIED FOR THE GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS IN APRIL 2005.
I PLAY 75 NOTES PER SECOND AND BEYOND, HOW DO I PLAY THAT FAST?
WELL I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR TOO LONG, AND HAVE STUDIED THE SCIENCE AND MOTION OF GUITAR SPEED FOR 20 YEARS, BETTER KNOWN AS SHRED.
I PERFECTED MY SPEED TO THE POINT WHERE YOU LITTERALLY CAN'T SEE MY HANDS MOVE, AND I BE PLAYING FROM THE 1ST TO 24TH FRET IN LESS THAN A SECOND.
WITHIN EACH STROKE AND PACE I REGULARLY MELT MY PLECTRUM DUE TO THE FRICTION, AND I GO BEYOND THE TERMONOLOGY OF SHRED, AS EACH SHREDDER SEEMS TO BE REPLICATIVE TO EACH OTHER.
ALAS I HAVE CREATED SOME NEW BEYOND SPEED AND I CALL IT SONIC MOTION."

go to his website http://worldsfastest.*********38.com/index.cgi is this guy for real? 24th fret in less than a second. personally i think its crap, i would definately need to see a video of this.

alic88
i dont know why but it doesnt let the url link come in a proper way

Victor Von Doom
Sounds a bit like BS to me.

Df02
i can shit diamonds... i applied for guinness book of records but they said i had no proof, bastards

The Highlord
I have never heard of that dude, will check some samples tho, thx for the info

TheStormrider
I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe Steve Vai holds the record for fastest solo.

While we're on the topic, speed isn't everything. Listen to Satch (Vai's teacher). He's not the fastest but the amount of emotion he puts into his music is brilliant. His technique is also perfect.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by TheStormrider
I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe Steve Vai holds the record for fastest solo.

While we're on the topic, speed isn't everything. Listen to Satch (Vai's teacher). He's not the fastest but the amount of emotion he puts into his music is brilliant. His technique is also perfect.

Actually I think Joe Satriani might hold that record, ironically enough.

Not sure whether it's been broken, but I definitely recall reading that in a guitar magazine a while back.

KharmaDog
Fastest guitarist? Personally...who cares? I'd rather listen to a talented guitarist than some guy who is fast.

alic88
i know i know. i mean i cant imagine someone making a sweet tune at like even 30notes/second, but its still interesting to know who plays the fretboard at the fastest pace.

The Highlord
Nah I have that G3 of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen, and Yngwie beats them both when speed is the matter, also Michael Angelo is uber fast

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but you don't like anyone who's not from Scandinavia, Highlord.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by The Highlord
Nah I have that G3 of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen, and Yngwie beats them both when speed is the matter, also Michael Angelo is uber fast

He doesn't 'beat' them though, it's just that his style is shoehorn nine hundred notes into each bar. The other two are more tasteful.

The Highlord
''Yeah but you don't like anyone who's not from Scandinavia, Highlord.

-AC''

Lies...

mr.smiley
Steve Morse is faster than anyone without a doubt

Darth Revan
http://www.greatkat.com/59/articles/guitarone.html

Personally I think shredding is incredibly stupid...

The Highlord
I knew Yngwie and Michael where in top 5

The Highlord
heh Michael even has a song called ''Yngwie can't touch this'' where he really tries to play uber fast, but in that particuler song he dosent beat Yngwie's fastest play

TheStormrider
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
He doesn't 'beat' them though, it's just that his style is shoehorn nine hundred notes into each bar. The other two are more tasteful.

Dude, Vai is all flash. If you're version of tasteful is by emotion, than Satch is better than Yngwie, sure. Vai's a bit more emotion than Yngwie is, but they're basically in the same boat.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by TheStormrider
Dude, Vai is all flash. If you're version of tasteful is by emotion, than Satch is better than Yngwie, sure. Vai's a bit more emotion than Yngwie is, but they're basically in the same boat.

Vai isn't anything to do with Yngwie.

Have you heard the things Vai does on Zappa's music?

I said they are more tasteful than Yngwie. His style is speed over everything. The other two utilise speed as well as many other things.

Vai is the most well-rounded player of the three.

mshadowsisagod
don't know the fatest but i know one of the best is joe satriani

darth tyrant
u know eddy van halen is the fastest

Merdelian
ANGUS YOUNG!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39345000/jpg/_39345739_acdcap2.jpg

The Highlord
Neither Halen or Angus is anywahre near the fastest

byoo0724
even tho i dont know any of you i still think that michael angelo is still the fastest

The Highlord
also it depends on what style they are playing, im sure Michael aint the fastest for every style

latex_freak
Michael james Romeo is the best.. Michael angelo and Malmsteen are one of the fastest..and Chris Impelliterri,in my analysis is a freak.. Michael James Romeo is the combination of all.. Damn classical stuffs are perfect.

nick1811
michael angelo baito is the fastest yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.