Mace(form V) vs. Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I have read that Mace was a master of form five as well as force seven and Vapaad. If he didn't use his skill in form seven or Vapaad, would Mace be able to defeat Anakin? If I was misinformed on Mace being a form v master, please tell me and forget this thread.

Darth Faunus
Your correct, but this is one of those speculation threads, like Yoda using Makashi vs. Anakin using Vaapad. Not practical.

But whatever. I think this is rather obvious. A Shien Master versus a Shien practioner.

Darth_Glentract
Wasn't Anakin a master in Shien by ep3?

Makashi
Mace a master of two forms? I don't think so. It took 50 years for Dooku to master Makashi. To master Shien would take about 30 and Vaapad takes about 40-50 years. Windu without the Vaapad fueling him would be very different. Forget this thread.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Makashi
Mace a master of two forms? I don't think so. It took 50 years for Dooku to master Makashi. To master Shien would take about 30 and Vaapad takes about 40-50 years. Windu without the Vaapad fueling him would be very different. Forget this thread.

He's a master because it explicitly said in narration that he was a master of form 5, not because of your faulty-math-based-on-individual-expieriences.

He is a master of 2 forms, deal with it.

Makashi
Anakin was only a practitioner. Kinda like Qui-Gon was a practitioner of Ataru. Not a master.

Makashi
Originally posted by Illustrious
He's a master because it explicitly said in narration that he was a master of form 5, not because of your faulty-math-based-on-individual-expieriences.

He is a master of 2 forms, deal with it.

Show me a link to a site that says he mastered two forms(besides SuperShadow) stick out tongue stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Makashi
Anakin was only a practitioner. Kinda like Qui-Gon was a practitioner of Ataru. Not a master.

Qui Gon was very proficient in the form, but he didn't have the flexibility and connection to the Force Yoda had.

As for Mace mastering more than one form, this is implied in the descriptions of the forms, since Juyo itself requires mastery of at least two forms, and the ones that are closest to Juyo are Ataru and Shien, respectively. Shien is used to build up the minor parries and ripostes, as well as having considerable reflection and deflection training, which Mace does display. And since Juyo and Vaapad draw strongly on the Force, Ataru comes into play as well.

Darth Faunus
Well put. And without his own form, it'd be a pretty good fight. Anakin's not a Shien master, but he's pretty much there, if not already. He's probably the best pure Shien user shown in the series.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, Anakin is pretty good. I don't think he is on par with any of the big four (Sids, Yoda, Mace or Dooku) but he is slightly above Obi-Wan. But by slightly I mean slightly- The advantage Obi-Wan has over Anakin is considerable, and it's one of experience and mental level headedness. If Anakin could become calm and collected, he would easily be the better of Obi-Wan, and perhaps be able to contend with the big four as well. I like Anakin, but initially I was very against him because of the pre-ROTS release fanboyism that hit KMC like yellow fever hit Panama early last century.

Illustrious
There's always fanboyism, you can never completely terminate it anymore than you can defeat the common cold.

Darth Faunus
Even among those who condemn it. . . Like Sorgo. He'd defend Dooku like a dog guarding its owner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.