Thing vs. Sabertooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
rolling on floor laughing Is the Thing's head gonna roll. Sabertooth's claws can cut through solid rock like a knife through warm butter.

Wynndar
Thing can cut through rock and steel too...(he's not really made of rock, just looks like rock)

colossus17
actually he is made of an organic granite like substance which is alot more dense then regular granite.....also it is bonded with cosmic rays....on a molecular level.....sabertooth shouldnt be able to do shit

roughrider
Is there a character in Marvel more deserving than Sabretooth of being gagged and sodomized? That'll shut his drooling mouth for a long time. Thing cracks his backside in half! thumb up

jinzin
but he's got adamatium claws so he will.......and thing will die.

Wynndar
organic granite? where is this coming from? Richards doesnt even fully understand the Thing's skin. Thing's body is its own sentient being thats constantly evolving. It simply looks like rock...sometimes. Soemtimes it looks like lumpy dinosaur skin, in the case of the less evolved version. The more evolved version resembles spikey orange scales.

colossus17
Originally posted by jinzin

i dont think he can actually make deep enough cuts to kill the thing......

Wynndar
Originally posted by roughrider
Is there a character in Marvel more deserving than Sabretooth of being gagged and sodomized? That'll shut his drooling mouth for a long time. Thing cracks his backside in half! thumb up
HAHAHAHA

Is it because Sabretooth is kinda like Wolverine? Thing may not break Sabretooth's bones but he would beat the hell out of him enough to take him out of the fight.

joesha28
for someone who is a subsitude for Thor and goes toe 2 toe with hulk....give him the respect. Sabretooth not in his class.

jinzin
Originally posted by colossus17
i dont think he can actually make deep enough cuts to kill the thing......

he doesn't need deep cuts to slash his throat out...which sabretooth is actually prone to do.

jinzin
Originally posted by Wynndar
HAHAHAHA

Is it because Sabretooth is kinda like Wolverine? Thing may not break Sabretooth's bones but he would beat the hell out of him enough to take him out of the fight.

actually sabretooth is wolverine superior in every way shape and fasion... I'm not sure where your misconception of sabretooth has come from but here... this may help clear things up for you.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361573&highlight=sabretooth

Tha C-Master
sabes loses, some people make it seem like those claws are undodgeable.

Wynndar
Slash his throat? he doesnt have the same physiology as a human. His body is built for durability; Sabretooth's claws may still not be long enough to slash his throat. And thats assuming Thing lets Sabretooth get that close. If Thing cuts loose he's an engine of destruction and one of the best fighters with superhuman fighting.

jinzin
sabretooths a better fighter..and has 6 inch talons...6 inches is WAYYY more than enough blade to cut his throat out...and yes he still needs his throat....

i mean wolverine only slashed the outsideof his face and he was hella messed up from that.. his gf forget her name claimed he was screaming out in pain aftrwards like she had never heard him do before...

Wynndar
yea and then he continued to knock Wolverine out of the building with one backhand. He was punking wolverine and logan got mad and took a cheap shot. Wolverine's claws r more than 6in and see what they did? they didnt stop Thing at all.

jinzin
actually they did..i'm assuming you didn't see where that fight left off..

when thing hit him through buildings...what did logan do? he got right back up and right back in things face... thing was holding his face together and losing strength as was indicated in the next issue...

now consider that sabretooth's got super strength to back his claws up...hell he should EASILY be able to claw and tear things head completely off...

Tha C-Master
Slash his throat? he doesnt have the same physiology as a human. His body is built for durability; Sabretooth's claws may still not be long enough to slash his throat. And thats assuming Thing lets Sabretooth get that close. If Thing cuts loose he's an engine of destruction and one of the best fighters with superhuman fighting. Yes, I agree 100%

coffeeguy
does the thing need his throat? yes.
will sabretooth do damage? yes.
in the end thing will just rip all the flesh from sabretooths adamantium bones.and have a cigar.

rock rock

gamewarrior
I can admit that Thing has superior duarbility and strength but you goota admit Sabertooth is a more faster than the Thing and has adamantiums skel and a healing factor. I aint saying Sabretooth is goona win or Thing all im trying to say is that Sabertooth has some advanantages.

Wickerman
actually they did..i'm assuming you didn't see where that fight left off..

when thing hit him through buildings...what did logan do? he got right back up and right back in things face... thing was holding his face together and losing strength as was indicated in the next issue...

now consider that sabretooth's got super strength to back his claws up...hell he should EASILY be able to claw and tear things head completely off...

Can we please see some scans of that fight of Wolverine's with Thing Jinzin?

~wickerman~

roughrider
actually sabretooth is wolverine superior in every way shape and fasion... I'm not sure where your misconception of sabretooth has come from but here... this may help clear things up for you.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361573&highlight=sabretooth

Hell, that fight happened right around the same time he got his a** whipped by the Black Cat, Spidey's old girlfriend - she's no heavyweight!
And when did he ever have super-strength to toss Rogue around like that?
All those years I was looking for Wolvie to decapitate Sabretooth, or take a limb off or something, and somehow he never did. Have to keep the feud going, damn.

Did they explain yet in the wolvie mini-series a couple years ago, what the source of the feud is?

Wickerman
Hell, that fight happened right around the same time he got his a** whipped by the Black Cat, Spidey's old girlfriend - she's no heavyweight!
All those years I was looking for Wolvie to decapitate Sabretooth, or take a limb off or something, and somehow he never did. Have to keep the feud going, damn.

Did they explain yet in the wolvie mini-series a couple years ago, what the source of the feud is?

My memory might be going crazy on me, but i remember seeing Wolverine win plenty of fights with Sabertooth. I also remember seeing Wolverine put a claw through Sabertooths brain, and that leaving him in a coma.....that he somehow got out of.....goddamn cigarettes messing with people's memory sad

~wickerman~

roughrider
Originally posted by Wickerman
My memory might be going crazy on me, but i remember seeing Wolverine win plenty of fights with Sabertooth. I also remember seeing Wolverine put a claw through Sabertooths brain, and that leaving him in a coma.....that he somehow got out of.....goddamn cigarettes messing with people's memory sad

~wickerman~

Sure; he won one in X-Factor in 1988 - he stabs him once, Sabre falls down, that was it! Wolvie just walks away. F**k, chop him into little pieces already! That's what I mean. evil face

Wickerman
F**k, chop him into little pieces already! That's what I mean. evil face

You know, you'd make a good Sabertooth fan laughing out loud

But IIRC he's beaten Sabertooth on a number of occassions, and i'm sure Jinzin can bring the scans.

Anyway, this is off-topic, seeing as how this discussion doesn't involve Thing as well.

To bring the thread back on-topic, i will ask this. What in your opinion is harder? Organic steel, or thing's skin? Because if it's thing's skin, then Sabertooth doesn't stand a chance.

~wickerman~

roughrider
Well, if Wolverine can slice Thing's face, Sabretooth can too with Adamantium claws. Doesn't mean any victory, though. Thing mashes Sabre up bad, then drags across town to face the ultimate enemy -
THE YANCY STREET GANG! eek!

zachrivard
sabertooth get his ass handed to him, thing is a great fighter and has the best fighing spirit in marvel wink

Wickerman
Well, if Wolverine can slice Thing's face, Sabretooth can too with Adamantium claws. Doesn't mean any victory, though. Thing mashes Sabre up bad, then drags across town to face the ultimate enemy -
THE YANCY STREET GANG! eek!

That's why on the previous page i asked for scans of the wolverine/thing fight. I want to see the exact moment of the "slashing", in order to make an educated assumption.

~wickerman~

zachrivard
i dont think sabertooth is gonna be slashing anything

Wickerman
Originally posted by zachrivard
sabertooth get his ass handed to him, thing is a great fighter and has the best fighing spirit in marvel wink

Quite sure of the outcome eh? Tell me......how can you define "best fighting spirit" ?

Originally posted by zachrivard
i dont think sabertooth is gonna be slashing anything

I need to see the scans first, but if it's true that wolverine slashed thing's face, causing him terrible pain, and if it's true that he didn't need the entire length of his claws to do that, then sabertooth with his superior strength can do even worse. Logic helps wink

~wickerman~

Zahit
there is no doubt sabretooth can inflict serious damage with his adamantium claws...
but he's not spiderman....he's not gonna dodge everthing....
he has to get up close to ben to slash him.
and getting up close to someone who can lift close to 100 tons with
decades of brawling and wrestling exerience is dangerous!!!!
sabretooth is hella tough and dangerous, but a few punches from
thing should take him out before he can dish out enough damage
to put ben down...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Zahit
there is no doubt sabretooth can inflict serious damage with his adamantium claws...
but he's not spiderman....he's not gonna dodge everthing....
he has to get up close to ben to slash him.
and getting up close to someone who can lift close to 100 tons with
decades of brawling and wrestling exerience is dangerous!!!!
sabretooth is hella tough and dangerous, but a few punches from
thing should take him out before he can dish out enough damage
to put ben down...

I mostly agree with what you said. That makes the most logic in a virtual battle between the two. However, until i see the scans of wolverine's battle with thing, i'm not gonna say anything, simply because if wolverine can get up close enough, then so can sabertooth.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
wolverine has longer cutting devices.

Wynndar
When Wolverine fought Thing he was slashing against IW's field. Thing came up and grabbed Wolvie and body slamed him with one hand like he was a little b!tch. Wolverine and Thing had considered each other friends before this so Thing wasnt expecting Wolveine to go all out against him. Wolverine went berserk and dramatically slashes the THing's face with the full length of his claws (Im not sure where someone came up with the idea that he didnt need the full length?). Wolverine then came to his senses and tell the Thing that he didnt mean it. The Thing tells wolverine that he "surely means this!" and back hands Wolverine out of the building. Despite Wolverine's claws being 12" long he still only cut the exterior of the Things body. Thing has very unique physiology that hasnt really been explained . I dont think Sabretooth's significantly shorter claws are goign to cause anything but superficial damage...asuming that he can cut Grimm.

Wickerman
When Wolverine fought Thing he was slashing against IW's field. Thing came up and grabbed Wolvie and body slamed him with one hand like he was a little b!tch. Wolverine and Thing had considered each other friends before this so Thing wasnt expecting Wolveine to go all out against him. Wolverine went berserk and dramatically slashes the THing's face with the full length of his claws (Im not sure where someone came up with the idea that he didnt need the full length?). Wolverine then came to his senses and tell the Thing that he didnt mean it. The Thing tells wolverine that he "surely means this!" and back hands Wolverine out of the building. Despite Wolverine's claws being 12" long he still only cut the exterior of the Things body. Thing has very unique physiology that hasnt really been explained . I dont think Sabretooth's significantly shorter claws are goign to cause anything but superficial damage...asuming that he can cut Grimm.

You may have worded that in the wrong way, or i may have misunderstood. You're saying it took the entire length of his claws to damage him (12'' ), but that he only scratched his face? If he only scratched his face, that would imply that his claws didn't go in full length. I would imagine getting 3 12'' long adamantium claws through your head would also imply them coming out the other side.....and therefore death. So please re-phrase that, cause i just don't get it.

He either just scratched Ben, which implies he only needed a small part of his claws, the tips that is, in which case Sabertooth that has long enough claws and superior strength ergo superior leverage can do the same if not worse, or he didn't just scratch Ben but rather impaled his face, that implying that he DID need the entire length of his blades to accomplish that feat, and also implying sabertooth couldn't do it.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
They went pretty deep...but like I said, the THing's physiology isnt understood. Even if you get a few inches of Depth u still havent touched Bone or muscle. Im saying he still needed the full length of his claws. Just because it wasnt a 12" deep wound doesnt mean it could be accomplished with smaller claws. Just as if you take a full swing with a katana at a highly durable object and cause superficial damage...it doesnt mean that one could accomplish the same thing with a buck knife. Further more, after Sabretooth got adamantium his claws didnt have that 6" appearance like they had in his classic depiction. They looked more like long metal fingernails.

Wickerman
They went pretty deep...but like I said, the THing's physiology isnt understood. Even if you get a few inches of Depth u still havent touched Bone or muscle. Im saying he still needed the full length of his claws. Just because it wasnt a 12" deep wound doesnt mean it could be accomplished with smaller claws. Just as if you take a full swing with a katana at a highly durable object and cause superficial damage...it doesnt mean that one could accomplish the same thing with a buck knife. Further more, after Sabretooth got adamantium his claws didnt have that 6" appearance like they had in his classic depiction. They looked more like long metal fingernails.

Yeah, the whole "internal organs are solidified" thing. I gotcha, but still, having even a 5'' deep gash in your face (not to mention three) is something pretty crazy. I'd say there's something dubious about that, some sort of bad writing. Either wolverine shouldn't have gotten that much out of a slash, or thing shouldn't be standing.....or breathing. I'd go for the first option though.

~wickerman~

colossus17
saberooth killed wendigo i am sure he can kill a walking pile of rock.....probably jubilee could....but then again thing has "heart" and thats makes him stronger then TOAA or the presence

Wynndar
Id say it wasnt the best of writing. Defalco had the Thing die or come close to dying a dozen times. Always depicted him getting his ass kicked. I think that wolverine had previosly tried using his claws on the Thing with no effect...just like the Hulk.

Wickerman
Id say it wasnt the best of writing. Defalco had the Thing die or come close to dying a dozen times. Always depicted him getting his ass kicked. I think that wolverine had previosly tried using his claws on the Thing with no effect...just like the Hulk.

The way i've heard it is that in continuity, the Hulk himself has stated that Wolverine did indeed cut him every time, but his regeneration was so fast that the gashes basically closed the second they were made.
And what issue comic is this fight from? Seeing as how nobody's providing scans, maybe i can dig something up.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
its issue 374...sorry I dont have most of my collection with me while Im at school.

Wickerman
its issue 374...sorry I dont have most of my collection with me while Im at school.

LOL laughing out loud understood man wink
FF #374?

~wickerman~

TheKahn
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone every seen a picture of the Thing where he has a throat? He always looks to me to have a head sitting on his shoulders with little if any throat. Can't really slash something that ain't there

Wynndar
Oh yea...FF #374, FF vs the new Defenders....right before they fight the Watcher powered Doctor Doom.

Originally posted by TheKahn
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone every seen a picture of the Thing where he has a throat? He always looks to me to have a head sitting on his shoulders with little if any throat. Can't really slash something that ain't there

Ur exactly right, Byrne brought this up in one issue. The physiology of the Thing, being built for durability, has no external/visible neck.

TheKahn
I have always wondered this about Wolvi and Sabertooth: They have unbreakalbe Adamantium skeletons, but what would stop the Thing from ripping off Sabertooth's arms and beating him with them. The bone might be unbreakable, but what about the tendons and ligaments that connect them? Even if their healing factors somehow makes them stronger that a normal human's, isn't the Thing still stong enough to tear them off?

Wynndar
Yea I mentioned this in the Colossus vs ST thread. Technically, any of the strong men have the strength to dismember Sabretooth or Wolverine. Thing having the best fighting skills could very well do it too if he were mad.

TheKahn
Then what stops wolvi or sabertooth from getting decapitated when the Hulk or Thing hits them in the head? The skull might take the punishment but the spinal disks in the neck should tear easily.

Wynndar
In "what if the Hulk Killed WOlverine" Thats exactly what happened.

roughrider
Uhhhhhhh...unbreakable Adamantium in the entire skeleton?
They'll feel it, but with healing factor recover quickly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
It was a pretty cool what if comic. After killing Wolverine, a blood lusting Grey Hulk kills the X-Men, X-Factor, and freedom force along with some other miscellaneous X-Guys

Spelljammer
As much as Thing SHOULD be able to win this fight, he won't, it'll result in a stalemate. Because Marvel comics can't bare it's fanboys to have to face reality.

Which is the same reason Hulk has never beaten Wolverine into mutant pulp..

Wynndar
I think the Thing is more popular than Sabretooth though...he has a pretty decent fan base.

wannabe
Originally posted by Spelljammer
As much as Thing SHOULD be able to win this fight, he won't, it'll result in a stalemate. Because Marvel comics can't bare it's fanboys to have to face reality.

Which is the same reason Hulk has never beaten Wolverine into mutant pulp..
SAAAD truth...i couldnt add anything more constructive to this thread!

TheKahn
Who knows, maybe the Hulk with get an Adamantium next and then maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe he could take on Wolverine?

Tony Stark
Can we please see some scans of that fight of Wolverine's with Thing Jinzin?

~wickerman~

The THING wins wins relatively easily. He may end up with some nasty scratches (key word MAY) but thats it.

Ben is Sabretooths superior in every category Strength no doubt (CL100 vs. CL15), Durability (No one can take as much punishment and continue to come even harder than Ben) , and most definitely fighting ability (Never mind whatever Jizin's smoking) Ben has 3x the experience and fighting ability that Sabes has.

Ben sets Sabretooth down hard. He's no match for big Ben.

The THING 9/10

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The THING wins wins relatively easily. He may end up with some nasty scratches (key word MAY) but thats it.

Ben is Sabretooths superior in every category Strength no doubt (CL100 vs. CL15), Durability (No one can take as much punishment and continue to come even harder than Ben) , and most definitely fighting ability (Never mind whatever Jizin's smoking) Ben has 3x the experience and fighting ability that Sabes has.

Ben sets Sabretooth down hard. He's no match for big Ben.

The THING 9/10

Being selective much? how about the "slice face off" scans hmmm? roll eyes (sarcastic)
As for Sabertooth not being as durable as Thing, call it PIS or whatever you'll call it, but Wolverine's done just as well as Thing against Hulk. And Sabertooth is Wolverine's superior.

~wickerman~

Creshosk
Originally posted by TheKahn
I have always wondered this about Wolvi and Sabertooth: They have unbreakalbe Adamantium skeletons, but what would stop the Thing from ripping off Sabertooth's arms and beating him with them. The bone might be unbreakable, but what about the tendons and ligaments that connect them? Even if their healing factors somehow makes them stronger that a normal human's, isn't the Thing still stong enough to tear them off?

Originally posted by Creshosk
The thing is, this isn't true, not for Wolverine. In Wolverine: Snikt! his right arm was burned so badly only his adamantium bones remained; guess what? They were still linked together. Wolverine was still able to use his arm (even though he had to hold it with his left hand). If there is cartilage between his bones that can be severed, than it can also be burned away, and obviously thats not the case.

What about New X-Men, E is for Extinction? Nova burned off all the flesh on his right arm, and guess what? the arm bones were still linked together. They didn't collapse or fall off, which is what they would have done had there been connecting ligaments and cartilage.

How about Miller's Wolverine? When Shingen and Logan fight, Shingen aims a sword stroke at Logans' neck; I've been informed that it was later explained (whether by Miller or Claremont, I don't know) that it was an attack that was meant to sever Wolverine's head, by cutting inbetween the connecting bones; but since Wolverine's adamantium reinforces and links those bones, it couldn't cut through.

And lets not forget Blood Hungry.

K3VIL
Maybe Thingboys like Tony Stark should check the respect Sabretooth thread.
The guy has throwed down with Ms. Marvel, Rogue and other strong beings, and this happened before Sinister and Weapon X enhanced all of his physical abilities and his healing powers to higher degrees.
Now he also has the adamantium on his skeleton again.
His strenght is between Class 20 and 40, it's enough to chop off Benji's arms, or his legs, leaving just a pile of rock screaming for the pain.
Also I'd like to see how the Thing can survive to Creed's claws stabbed into his brain.

Wynndar
Ill admit i dont agree with everything Tony said. I think Sabretooth has more fighting experience and ability. The problem is, he doesnt have enough to make an advantage out of it. Sabretooth cant penetrate the Thing's brain. Thing's tissues are proportionately stronger than his human tissues. Thus, If his SKIN is that strong, his bones must be ridiculous. Thing can rip his arms off too...the sockets of the shoulder and hip are different from joints like knees elbows of fingers. If Thing causes enough damage ie dismemerment, sabretooth wont be able to heal back, if he loses too much protien and vital fluids.

Wickerman
Ill admit i dont agree with everything Tony said. I think Sabretooth has more fighting experience and ability. The problem is, he doesnt have enough to make an advantage out of it. Sabretooth cant penetrate the Thing's brain. Thing's tissues are proportionately stronger than his human tissues. Thus, If his SKIN is that strong, his bones must be ridiculous. Thing can rip his arms off too...the sockets of the shoulder and hip are different from joints like knees elbows of fingers. If Thing causes enough damage ie dismemerment, sabretooth wont be able to heal back, if he loses too much protien and vital fluids.

read Creshosk's post. Now to that, add the part where wolverine was burned to a crisp completely till only his adamantium skeleton remained, not falling down, not being dismembered, nothing. If you want, i'll look around and find the pic of that ridiculous crap. But.....it......happened.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Im not arguing if it happened or not. When it happened did any class 100's come over and try ripping his arm off? Not that it matters, his connective tissue could be enhanced in strength but it still wouldnt hold up Thing pulling on it.

Wynndar
I read Creshok's post too by the way. I'm not the type to just ignore someone's post. He brought up great points and his examples are pretty impressive. He knows a lot.

Wickerman
Im not arguing if it happened or not. When it happened did any class 100's come over and try ripping his arm off? Not that it matters, his connective tissue could be enhanced in strength but it still wouldnt hold up Thing pulling on it.

no, but it does show that his ligaments are also somehow bonded with adamantium, so it wouldn't be as easy as you may think.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
well yea ligaments connect bones. Wolverines bones are laced with Adamantium. An indestructable, unnegotiable metal. Thus, If Wolverine had adamantium ligaments or tendons he wouldn't be able to move would he?

Wickerman
well yea ligaments connect bones. Wolverines bones are laced with Adamantium. An indestructable, unnegotiable metal. Thus, If Wolverine had adamantium ligaments or tendons he wouldn't be able to move would he?

Logically, yes. But that's if you consider them to be laced with adamantium, not bonded with adamantium, basically making them adamantium. Whichever the choice is, it's stupid writing, but it's the case. Logically speaking, there isn't a magic being called Cytorrak living in his own little dimension powering up a guy through a gem huh? wink

~wickerman~

Wynndar
hehehe....Yea Im about to graduate with a degree in biology so I dont need to be reminded of how little comic books actually consider anatomy. But regardless, the Adamantium ends and muscle begins in some place, and at that place he will tear apart.

Wickerman
hehehe....Yea Im about to graduate with a degree in biology so I dont need to be reminded of how little comic books actually consider anatomy. But regardless, the Adamantium ends and muscle begins in some place, and at that place he will tear apart.

Both of these guys, Wolvie and Sabes have been in literally thousands of fights. Whenever on rare occassions (as opposed to victories) they've lost by KO, the opponent has done so after a long battle. Most opponents that have KO them, have walked away........after you fight with a guy for a long long time and finally manage to knock him out, after he's inflicted damage on you, you're getting out of there.....especially since he's gonna get up in about 2 minutes to jump back at you. You don't really consider pulling his arm out wink

And seeing as how that's never really happened before.....i don't see it happening any time soon no

~wickerman~

Wynndar
But...ur saying...that the writers will never write it that way right? Im just arguing that its possible. BTW look at the way Wolverine got worked in his own comic book last month!

Wickerman
But...ur saying...that the writers will never write it that way right? Im just arguing that its possible. BTW look at the way Wolverine got worked in his own comic book last month!

Have no money, my DC++ isn't working so no bootlegged versi.....i mean......errr.....forget the last part whistle

But no, i don't know what happened. As for the writers never writing it that way.......who the hell knows.....but it hasn't happened yet...and i DOUBT they'll be doing that anytime soon. Because if they do get someone to rip his arm out, they'll either let him be one-handed, in which case they lose a crapload of fans, or they let him regenerate it all......which would make absolutely no ****ing sense, but....whatever erm

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Wolverine and Elektra got WORKED last issue of Wolverine. Im not sure if the new one is out yet.

Wickerman
Wolverine and Elektra got WORKED last issue of Wolverine. Im not sure if the new one is out yet.

*sigh* for Christ's sake, why won't she just stay dead? no

~wickerman~

Creshosk
*sigh* for Christ's sake, why won't she just stay dead? no

~wickerman~ Because she's a Marvel character. shifty

Wickerman
Because she's a Marvel character. shifty

Cheap shot Mr. "Superman's dead" icon5 oh no......wait.....he's not shifty

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Sabretooth healing powers Wyndarr are above those of Logan by far, something like 5/10 X.

Creshosk
Cheap shot Mr. "Superman's dead" icon5 oh no......wait.....he's not shifty

~wickerman~ I never said it only applied to marvel characters. . . but you gotta admit, it seems like nobody stays dead froever in the MU, they always sem to come back in some way or another.

Wickerman
Originally posted by K3VIL
Sabretooth healing powers Wyndarr are above those of Logan by far, something like 5/10 X.

Merit goes to jinzin for the pic:

~wickerman~

Wynndar
They are still based on the same principle of highly accelerated protein synthesis. If Wolverine or Sabretooth don't eat they die. Their powers are not extra-dimensional like Hulk's. ie Wolverine #67

Wickerman
I never said it only applied to marvel characters. . . but you gotta admit, it seems like nobody stays dead froever in the MU, they always sem to come back in some way or another.

Pffftttt......of course they do. But don't say DC doesn't do it as well. Remember ....oh.....i dunno......Jason todd???

~wickerman~

Creshosk
Pffftttt......of course they do. But don't say DC doesn't do it as well. Remember ....oh.....i dunno......Jason todd???

~wickerman~ Never said DC doesn't do it. stick out tongue

There was a running gag in my family of calling it the Jean Grey syndrome.

roughrider
Never said DC doesn't do it. stick out tongue

There was a running gag in my family of calling it the Jean Grey syndrome.

WTF???
Jason Todd's alive?!
...Oh, that is unforgivable mad

K3VIL
They are still based on the same principle of highly accelerated protein synthesis. If Wolverine or Sabretooth don't eat they die. Their powers are not extra-dimensional like Hulk's. ie Wolverine #67
It was never stated that if Sab don't eat he's gonna die, not for the current version of him anyway.

peejayd
i think Ben can bring down Creed, but Ben should make sure that Creed is really KO'ed, or else once Creed's healing factor kicked in, Ben's in trouble.

Wickerman
Originally posted by peejayd
once Creed's healing factor kicked in

technically, his healing factor is always "kicked in". He doesn't have to have a visible wound or to be knocked out or unconscious or anything for the healing factor to be functioning. That's why both him and Wolvie can go at it for hours without stopping for a "healing break". wink

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Originally posted by K3VIL
It was never stated that if Sab don't eat he's gonna die, not for the current version of him anyway.

Well Im assuming Sabretooth and Wolverine's healing factor are based on the same idea. If Wolverine and the other Weapon X guys have a healing factor based of Sabretooth's powers that entail accelerated synthesis, then Sabretooth should also have the same kind of HF. Sabretooth's powers are not interdimensional like Hulk's. Marvel has never suggested Sabretooth had Hulk or Lobo type healing abilities.

Tha C-Master
Well Im assuming Sabretooth and Wolverine's healing factor are based on the same idea. If Wolverine and the other Weapon X guys have a healing factor based of Sabretooth's powers that entail accelerated synthesis, then Sabretooth should also have the same kind of HF. Sabretooth's powers are not interdimensional like Hulk's. Marvel has never suggested Sabretooth had Hulk or Lobo type healing abilities. Yea, you know where that kind of healing entails from...

Wynndar
Im assuming Lobo is extradimensional....Hulk's definitely is.

jinzin

he's always has super strength his stats always implied him to be at peak human levels however. this is a classis example of how statistics on characters can be wrong... when sabretooth got beat by black cat he was more or less a normal guy, he had no super strength, no healing factor. the pic wickerman just posted up of sabes' face healing is a wound almost identical to the ones he was left with after he "fought" spiderman... the only difference being..and this is a big one... the former healed in seconds after his characters had been established, the ladder took months.

so far their feud stems as far back as early settler days when sabretooth raped and damn near killed silver fox on logans B-day...that was what instigated the first full out fight between the two and sabretooth's been leaving his mark on wolverine at least once a year (especially on his birthdays) ever since.

jinzin
Quite sure of the outcome eh? Tell me......how can you define "best fighting spirit" ?

I need to see the scans first, but if it's true that wolverine slashed thing's face, causing him terrible pain, and if it's true that he didn't need the entire length of his claws to do that, then sabertooth with his superior strength can do even worse. Logic helps wink

~wickerman~

tis true...tis also true that wolverine plugged things chest with his claws taking him out in one hit before as well..

Wickerman
.that was what instigated the first full out fight between the two and sabretooth's been leaving his mark on wolverine at least once a year (especially on his birthdays) ever since.

IIRC, the whole "Every birthday" thing isn't known if it's real or not, as i recall it's just an undended plot from the Weapon X comics. I think it was speculated then that the whole "Fight with Sabertooth each year on bday" might have been just implanted memories.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
That was true. But it wasnt like the F4 were trying to take out Wolverine, more like they were trying to get him under control.

jinzin
IIRC, the whole "Every birthday" thing isn't known if it's real or not, as i recall it's just an undended plot from the Weapon X comics. I think it was speculated then that the whole "Fight with Sabertooth each year on bday" might have been just implanted memories.

~wickerman~

no you misunderstood...what wolverine wasn't sure of after the memory implant bit was whether or not he and silver fox really did live in a cabin together way back when... later on wolverine actually found the cabin, and took elektra with him to pay his respects at silver foxes grave.

jinzin
That was true. But it wasnt like the F4 were trying to take out Wolverine, more like they were trying to get him under control.

what? What the f**k?

thing thrw a car at him, when that didn't work HT tried to fry his wrists off, when that failed thing smashed logan through a floor and then when that failed he tried to smash wolverine with that support piller of wiring and metal tubing...

wolverine even states. :ugly son of a gun is playing for keeps here"

then wolverine stabbed him and put him down for the count....

where you got they weren't trying to hurt wolverine I don't know... What the f**k?

the only one in the ff that was under that type of mindset was mr. fantastic...

Wickerman
no you misunderstood...what wolverine wasn't sure of after the memory implant bit was whether or not he and silver fox really did live in a cabin together way back when... later on wolverine actually found the cabin, and took elektra with him to pay his respects at silver foxes grave.

I know you're the resident expert on wolverine, but i'm talking about the "Fight with Sabertooth every year on his bday" thing, not his relationship with Silver Fox. Was it ever decided if those fights actually occured or were they just implants? Or am i imagining the doubt that they existed? What the f**k?

~wickerman~

jinzin
I think you're imagining..he's definitely fought him pretty much every year he has had the chance to do so. the only doubt I remember came from the doubt of actually living with silver fox and all that jazz.

Wickerman
I think you're imagining..he's definitely fought him pretty much every year he has had the chance to do so. the only doubt I remember came from the doubt of actually living with silver fox and all that jazz.

Yeah, i prolly am. But i think some things have also been retconned as well. I remember them first starting to fight during their CIA missions in the 60's or something, not with the whole silver fox thing confused again......i'm tired and most likely imagining this sad

~wickerman~

jinzin
yeah well his "missions" along side sabretooth are of uncertain status as of yet, but the fights between them don't fall into that category..

Wynndar
what? What the f**k?

thing thrw a car at him, when that didn't work HT tried to fry his wrists off, when that failed thing smashed logan through a floor and then when that failed he tried to smash wolverine with that support piller of wiring and metal tubing...

wolverine even states. :ugly son of a gun is playing for keeps here"

then wolverine stabbed him and put him down for the count....

where you got they weren't trying to hurt wolverine I don't know... What the f**k?

the only one in the ff that was under that type of mindset was mr. fantastic...

what issue is that?

EsteemedLeader
Alright, I didn't read everything so far, so these points might have already been made...

Wolverine started off as a Hulk enemy. Wolverine can at least survive against Hulk. Now take into consideration that not only is Thing not as strong as Hulk, but Sabretooth is stronger than Wolverine.

You can grab a knife by a blade, right? Does that mean you can stick your hand in a running blender? No. Those claws hurt Thing, and they are attacking him furiously. And everyone knows how dirty Sabretooth fights, so those claws are attacking his eyes, personal areas, etc.

Thing isn't exactly the most skilled fighter in the world. But Sabretooth is a Weapon X, and has mad fighting skill. It has been precedented in the past that skill can overcome strength. Sabretooths a brawler, and will pull out every trick in the book to win.

jinzin
what issue is that?

wolverine vol.2 # 22. (the one in which he stabbed him...)

roughrider
he's always has super strength his stats always implied him to be at peak human levels however. this is a classis example of how statistics on characters can be wrong... when sabretooth got beat by black cat he was more or less a normal guy, he had no super strength, no healing factor. the pic wickerman just posted up of sabes' face healing is a wound almost identical to the ones he was left with after he "fought" spiderman... the only difference being..and this is a big one... the former healed in seconds after his characters had been established, the ladder took months.

so far their feud stems as far back as early settler days when sabretooth raped and damn near killed silver fox on logans B-day...that was what instigated the first full out fight between the two and sabretooth's been leaving his mark on wolverine at least once a year (especially on his birthdays) ever since.

I remember that - it's obvious they know each other already when that happened. I guess nothing has been shown of their first meeting ever, yet.

Wynndar
Coo

jinzin
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Alright, I didn't read everything so far, so these points might have already been made...

Wolverine started off as a Hulk enemy. Wolverine can at least survive against Hulk. Now take into consideration that not only is Thing not as strong as Hulk, but Sabretooth is stronger than Wolverine.

You can grab a knife by a blade, right? Does that mean you can stick your hand in a running blender? No. Those claws hurt Thing, and they are attacking him furiously. And everyone knows how dirty Sabretooth fights, so those claws are attacking his eyes, personal areas, etc.

Thing isn't exactly the most skilled fighter in the world. But Sabretooth is a Weapon X, and has mad fighting skill. It has been precedented in the past that skill can overcome strength. Sabretooths a brawler, and will pull out every trick in the book to win.

yeah I still don't get where people are assuming thing's the better fighter here... wolverine's decribed sabretooth's skills as being superb. he also took out maverick in h2h who is a top notch fighter, and going by stats sabretooth's always been a level 6 or 7 thing's at a 5. how the hell is an air force brat a better fighter than a cia, black ops, green beret, with weapon x training to boot? huh

jinzin
I remember that - it's obvious they know each other already when that happened. I guess nothing has been shown of their first meeting ever, yet.

actually it has..leonidas posted a pic of it...

Wickerman

I know that in the 60s the two + Maverick were CIA operatives, so they go back a long time. I think (goddamn memory loss) that once Creed tried to convince Logan that he's known him for a lot longer than that, but i might've seen that in the toons, or some what if thing. I.....can't recall sad

Anyway, back on topic.

As correct as you may be, you're prolly gonna get bashed for saying Thing's not such an incredible fighter. For some reason, people equaty throwing punches around with incredible fighting skills. It's been proven (scans are the last piece of evidence needed) that wolverine can and has hurt Thing. Sabertooth can do the same, only worse and faster. And While that doesn't mean Sabertooth wins, it also means Thing's got a long hard battle ahead of him.

yeah I still don't get where people are assuming thing's the better fighter here... wolverine's decribed sabretooth's skills as being superb. he also took out maverick in h2h who is a top notch fighter, and going by stats sabretooth's always been a level 6 or 7 thing's at a 5. how the hell is an air force brat a better fighter than a cia, black ops, green beret, with weapon x training to boot? huh

Errrrr.......i'm supposing by "took out Maverick" you mean that issue where he fights Maverick, Maverick assumingly KO's him, and then being the "smart" guy he is stands on top of Creed's body, only to have Mr. Improved abilities by Weapon X, improved times 3 jumps up and guts Maverick then drops him from the roof of the building only to lose minutes later to a naked Wolverine? Cause IMO as cool as the fight might've been, that was crap. The whole Maverick speech/stupidity i mean.

~wickerman~

Wynndar

I would never suggest Thing is a better figter thn ST. Thing didnt become a great fighter in the airforce though, he was always a great fighter due to the environment he grew up in.

jinzin
he's done it before that..unless that was a memory implant too...him and logan where getting into a spat back in the weapon x days right before they were gonna go after omega red and makerick tried to step in the way and got his ass whooped then creed marched his warpath on towards wolverine, then they got interupted by enimies.. it took place in a one shot, or annual, or something... I don't remember which book i just remember the scenario..damned flooded basement. mad lost a lot of good books that day. sad

anywho yeah he did take him out again in that weapon x comic I forogot about that...

and as for pics..i posted them in an older wolverine vs. thing thread.

Wickerman
I would never suggest Thing is a better figter thn ST. Thing didnt become a great fighter in the airforce though, he was always a great fighter due to the environment he grew up in.

The thing is (no pun wink ) that most people around these forums consider that "better fighter" implies a better knowledge of tactical fighting, mostly based on oriental styles, seeing as how they're considered to be the most effective in h2h combat. While Thing can be an excellent streetfighting kind of fighter, it doesn't make him an awesome fighter. And that's why people sometimes get irked by "Thing's one of the best fighters inthe MU" statements, when even silver fox was a better damn fighter laughing out loud

he's done it before that..unless that was a memory implant too...him and logan where getting into a spat back in the weapon x days right before they were gonna go after omega red and makerick tried to step in the way and got his ass whooped then creed marched his warpath on towards wolverine, then they got interupted by enimies.. it took place in a one shot, or annual, or something... I don't remember which book i just remember the scenario..damned flooded basement. mad lost a lot of good books that day. sad

anywho yeah he did take him out again in that weapon x comic I forogot about that...

and as for pics..i posted them in an older wolverine vs. thing thread.

unless that was a memory implant too laughing out loud yeah.....crappy implants messing with OUR heads as well. I don't remember THAT issue however. You've had a flooded basement, i've had a crashed HDD (don't tell anyone i have/had comics on my comp shifty ). And yeah, that second thing in the weapon X comic.......was CRAAAAAAAP....sad

As for the older thread, good luck finding it. The search function's crap nowadays, and the google search is even worse.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I'm saying better fighter is the winner, the more skilled fighter is just that, more skilled...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I'm saying better fighter is the winner, the more skilled fighter is just that, more skilled...

That's what i meant to say. People around here equate better fighter to more skilled fighter. I personally do the same. But seeing as how the outcome can go to the less skilled fighter.......and more than once......i assume he CAN be considered a good fighter....bleh....just makes my ears hurt for some reason erm
It makes sense, i just don't like it sad

~wickerman~

EsteemedLeader

Indeed, I see your point. However, who is to say that Sabretooth isn't the better fighter? As far as I can tell, that fact hasn't been determined yet. In fact, that's what this thread is for. I think that Sabretooth has too much skill for Thing to keep up with. The better fighter is indeed the one who is left standing at the end of the match, not the most skilled opponent. But, that doesn't mean that the skill doesn't carry weight...

Wickerman
Indeed, I see your point. However, who is to say that Sabretooth isn't the better fighter? As far as I can tell, that fact hasn't been determined yet. In fact, that's what this thread is for. I think that Sabretooth has too much skill for Thing to keep up with. The better fighter is indeed the one who is left standing at the end of the match, not the most skilled opponent. But, that doesn't mean that the skill doesn't carry weight...

Skill IMO carries the most weight when fighting opponents that are relatively in your proximity when it comes to general power. When you're let's say like Elektra fighting Juggernaut.....you can have all the skill you want.....it won't do you any good no

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
yes...

EsteemedLeader
Skill IMO carries the most weight when fighting opponents that are relatively in your proximity when it comes to general power. When you're let's say like Elektra fighting Juggernaut.....you can have all the skill you want.....it won't do you any good no

~wickerman~

But that is a horrible comparison. What about Captain America fighting the Hulk? What about Batman fighting other JLA'ers? And any idiot could realize Juggernaut could smite Elektra. But if the case is proximity, I think the characters are close enough to compare (they must be, you yourself are comparing them). Thing isn't unbreakable, contrary to popular belief...

Wickerman
But that is a horrible comparison. What about Captain America fighting the Hulk? What about Batman fighting other JLA'ers? And any idiot could realize Juggernaut could smite Elektra. But if the case is proximity, I think the characters are close enough to compare (they must be, you yourself are comparing them). Thing isn't unbreakable, contrary to popular belief...

Captain America is the best a Human's gonna get when it comes to power, and a very very skilled fighter. He also has the nifty shield. Bats is a walking prep. freak, etc. Skill is involved when it comes to these people, but never only skill.

And no, i was generalising. I DO think in this fight skill can make a huge difference, which is why as you said i myself compare the two rigurously.

~wickerman~

whobdamandog
People don't seem to realize this..but the Thing is a damb skilled fighter..how else do you think he hung with the likes of Champion, Savage Hulk, Namor, Wrecker..and a shiznit load of others who outclassed him strength wise...Thing can take a beating..and he can dish one out as well. Sabretooth goes down in the 5th round..Benji's fared a beating far worse than tooth can dish out...

Creshosk
Originally posted by whobdamandog
People don't seem to realize this..but the Thing is a damb skilled fighter..how else do you think he hung with the likes of Champion, Savage Hulk, Namor, Wrecker..and a shiznit load of others who outclassed him strength wise...Thing can take a beating..and he can dish one out as well. Sabretooth goes down in the 5th round..Benji's fared a beating far worse than tooth can dish out... When someone says the same thing about wolverine. . . shifty

Tha C-Master
When someone says the same thing about wolverine. . . shifty

1. consistancy
2. who in the hell keeps saying "hang", i'm getting tired of that word, it sounds like a reason for fanboys to keep a debate going, its called who will beat who, not who will "hang" with who.
3. consistancy

Creshosk
1. consistancy Only counts when it's not wolverine?

2. who in the hell keeps saying "hang", i'm getting tired of that word, it sounds like a reason for fanboys to keep a debate going, its called who will beat who, not who will "hang" with who.You're calling whob a fanboy? blink

3. consistancy Only counts when it's not wolverine? wink

Wickerman
Originally posted by whobdamandog
how else do you think he hung with the likes of Champion, Savage Hulk, Namor, Wrecker..and a shiznit load of others who outclassed him strength wise...

You answered yourself. He can take a beating. That's why. IMO, not through skill, but through durability and somewhat of stamina....but not that much. Yeah, durability being the keyword.
And having his strength, he could also dish out some pain in return. But if you ask me, he didn't "hang in" with more powerful guys because of skill.....just cause of durability.

~wickerman~

Tony Stark

confused

Per Marvel.com under abilities For each character they say it goes like this.

THING vs. Sabretooth

Intelligence 2 2
Strength 6 4
Speed 2 2
Energy protection 1 1
Fighting skills 5 5

Out of the 100 mainstream 616 characters that marvel (the creators of these characters) have listed they say that only 8 have higher fighting skills then both The THING and Sabretooth.

Agent X and Soldier X 6
Elektra 6
Iron Fist 6
Punisher 6
Nick Fury 6

Captain America 7
Wolverine 7

So I'm assuming we should all probably take the creators (Marvels) word for their stats.

But I'm sure that there still will be those of you out there who say they know better than Marvel themselves.

So to you. stick out tongue

willRules
Nice Pic

whobdamandog
You're calling whob a fanboy? blink

I meant he was well "hung" so no I'm not a fanboy.. big grin wink

Tha C-Master
Only counts when it's not wolverine?

You're calling whob a fanboy? blink

Only counts when it's not wolverine? wink from your posts I'd say the opposite actually.

jinzin
doh

marvel.com is not the creator of characters like sabretooth or the thing... marvel.com is a half-assed sight that has half-assed info and is consistently outdated and wrong.

Wynndar
There is certainly no doubt that Sabrettoth has superior fighting skills when compared tot he Thing. But, just as others have suggested, an individual will not win with superior conventional martial arts training. In the world of super heroes, one has to also factor: who utilizes their combination of fighting and powers most efficiently. Although Ben Grimm would not be as formidable as Sabretooth in a fight, with his powers as the Thing he is capable of far more than Sabretooth (I cant see Sabrettoth contributing in afight against Terrax).

So I wont try to argue that the Thing can fight like Creed, but I will argue that his combination of fighting and power makes him more formidable.

Tha C-Master
doh

marvel.com is not the creator of characters like sabretooth or the thing... marvel.com is a half-assed sight that has half-assed info and is consistently outdated and wrong.

Who was talking about websites?

There are guides and everything, but whatever...

Wynndar
Thing is generally placed in the 5 category of fighting while Sabretooth has traditionally been a seven or six. Marvel.com is kinda silly giving him a 5.

jinzin
There is certainly no doubt that Sabrettoth has superior fighting skills when compared tot he Thing. But, just as others have suggested, an individual will not win with superior conventional martial arts training. In the world of super heroes, one has to also factor: who utilizes their combination of fighting and powers most efficiently. Although Ben Grimm would not be as formidable as Sabretooth in a fight, with his powers as the Thing he is capable of far more than Sabretooth (I cant see Sabrettoth contributing in afight against Terrax).

So I wont try to argue that the Thing can fight like Creed, but I will argue that his combination of fighting and power makes him more formidable.

I understand your point I just think that between these two particular fighters they are too close in the amount of punishment they can soak up to not have the outcome be affected by difference in fighting ability..it will come down to who dishes out more, or worse punishment...

thing's kinda limited to brute force which doesn't work so hot on weapon x products of any sort...while he's proven to be pretty vulnerable to adamantium blades..sabretooth's packin super strength....he's nearly 15 to 20 times as strong as wolverine himself, so he should have no toubles putting his claws through thing's hide...

thing can win if he starts thunderclapping the hell out of sabretooth, but there's also a good chance that sabretooth will already be in close and hacking away before thing realizes he has to resort to that... in other words I think that for this particular fight fighting skill will play a huge part.

Wynndar
Yea I see what you're saying. But Thing is a much better fighter and much more resourceful when he's in his own comic rather than a plot device in Wolverine. A good example is Thing vs Grey Gargoyle. Gargoyle's touch could have been lethal for Grimm. It was an awesome example of the Thing's skills; he beat the Gargoyle's as without being touched. Gargoyle isnt as good a fighter as Sabretooth but he's incredibly agile and much stronger though...kinda like a really strong Spiderman but a notch below in agility and skill.. I wish I had the issue with me so I could scan it. FF vol 3 #38

jinzin
ummm sabretooth humilated spiderman..and that was before his upgrades...I'm sorry man, I'm not quite impressed yet...

I get that things a good fighter..but sabretooths better, quicker, and a whole lot deadlier..

Tha C-Master
ummm sabretooth humilated spiderman..and that was before his upgrades...I'm sorry man, I'm not quite impressed yet...

I get that things a good fighter..but sabretooths better, quicker, and a whole lot deadlier..

Please, black cat and daredevil OWNED sabretooth, try again...

jinzin
"C" master... are you still responding to me?

laughing out loud

I guess you don't understand the concept of "ignore" either... roll eyes (sarcastic)

K3VIL
Please, black cat and daredevil OWNED sabretooth, try again...
Happened when Tooth wasn't a major character and was also used like a punching ball, a sort of early days Darkseid.

Tha C-Master
before upgrades is my point, but we don't include popularity in these matchups...

He said before upgrades...

Tha C-Master

laughing out loud

I guess you don't understand the concept of "ignore" either... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You are responding to a person's posts you cannot even see, you're worse than creshosk..

good job ignoring by the way...

jinzin
and he just keeps responding doesn't he?.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

poor kid..I'm must have really scarred him mentally....

Tha C-Master

K3vil, before upgrades is my point, but we don't include popularity in these matchups...

He said before upgrades...

try again sweetie

"I guess you don't understand the concept of "ignore" either... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I must not, because you aren't ignoring me to well, look below guys.

and he just keeps responding doesn't he?.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

poor kid..I'm must have really scarred him mentally....

This is a public board, other people can respond to what I say, like K3vil did, but your lack of intelligence, combined with your inablity to pick up sarcasm doesn't surprise me.

Putting me on ignore shows how much a coward jinzin is...

jinzin
laughing out loud and he just keeps at it.

Tha C-Master
The coward just keeps not ignoring me...

jinzin
laughing out loud well it's flattering to be obsessed over but a little creepy...

who knows maybe one day he'll understand what ignore means...hopefully...having stalkers is creepy..

Tha C-Master
laughing out loud well it's flattering to be obsessed over but a little creepy...

who knows maybe one day he'll understand what ignore means...hopefully...having stalkers is creepy.. I'm waiting on you to teach me what it means.

(waits on his response to me, showing he doesn't know what the word means.) smile

Creshosk
Would both of you knock it off? laughing

jinzin
creeeeepy.....maybe that's what the c stands for...damn me and cresh were wrong all along...

jinzin
Would both of you knock it off? laughing

I'm not even arguing with anyone...just making observations...

Tha C-Master
creeeeepy.....maybe that's what the c stands for...damn me and cresh were wrong all along...

He did it, he doesn't know what ignore means...

Poor guys dense but common, why put me on the list?

Tha C-Master
I'm not even arguing with anyone...just making observations...

You are observing the post of a person you can't see?

Wierd...

Tony Stark
doh

Of course Marvel.com the Internet site didn't create all the characters.

But It's Marvels Internet site not Joe blows Internet site about marvel.

It's Marvels site period.

Your acting like you've either never been on the site, or your not comprehending who's site it is. ( from past experience with you and your threads both could easily apply).

By the way for Sabretooths powers on MARVELS INTERNET SITE called Marvel.com the same one where i got his (fighting skills of 5 from the abilities section).

THING vs. Sabretooth

Intelligence 2 2
Strength 6 4
Speed 2 2
Energy protection 1 1
Fighting skills 5 5

It gives this as Sabretooths powers

- Accelerated healing factor

- Superhumanly acute senses

- Indestructible Adamantium skeleton and claws

So if his info is out of date and not correct what is it thats missing...?

Please let me and everyone else know.

cool

Tha C-Master

Your acting like you've either never been on the site, or your not comprehending who's site it is. ( from past experience with you and your threads both could easily apply).

By the way for Sabretooths powers on MARVELS INTERNET SITE called Marvel.com the same one where i got his (fighting skills of 5 from the abilities section).

THING vs. Sabretooth

Intelligence 2 2
Strength 6 4
Speed 2 2
Energy protection 1 1
Fighting skills 5 5

cool Jinzin doesn't like it, doh, what did you think was wrong?

We like to use intangibles in this debate no statistical data.

Wickerman
For Christ's sake, would you two guys just stop it already? It's getting really old, really fast.......just completely ignore each other.....both of you.....what the hell? is that so difficult?

THING vs. Sabretooth

Intelligence 2 2
Strength 6 4
Speed 2 2
Energy protection 1 1
Fighting skills 5 5

cool

Ahem........thanks for that Tony, but we already figured out most of that wink

It's weird seeing how they're put on the same level of intelligence when most people on these boards consider Thing to be supersmart, and Sabes to be a drivelling lunatic.....don't get me wrong....i think he's a lunatic too...but in a good way wink

Ahem.....A few more points: When it comes to speed in close-quarters fighting, i'd have to say i think Sabertooth has the upper hand.

Now here's something to ponder:

Assuming they get into close-quarters fighting....h2h.....(this is all my opinion so feel free to comment please), i see sabertooth as a lot faster than Thing. Seeing as how his blows are backed up by a force 15 times stronger than Logan's which is said to have been able to penetrate Thing's skin, i'd say he has a good chance at carving Thing up pretty well. however, if Thing's known for something other than strength, it's for determination and durability. So i don't see the big guy falling yet.
Sabes would probably get all gloaty and high and mighty knowing him roll eyes (sarcastic) , which might give Thing the chance to land a strong blow on him.
The effect of the blow would vary IMO.......depending on how Thing hits, whether it's an uppercut sending Sabertooth into the air then back down, or a straight up hook, sending him packing through a wall or something. Now.....Thing's wounded and so is Sabertooth. However, this is where the important part comes in. Sabertooth's incredible healing factor. I believe i posted a pic of his recent healing powers....a very very nasty gash (actually 3 of them) on the face healing in seconds.....unless Thing crawls over to Sabertooth to at least ATTEMPT to finish the job, he'll just get back up, without any trouble and back at it.

My point, and the point of my scenario is that what Thing has in terms of strength and durability, Sabertooth makes up for in terms of speed and incredible Stamina backed up by a pretty awesome healing factor.

This was an honest attempt at turning this back into a decent thread, and not a bash fest.

Keep the mustard rock

Stay Wicky smile

~wickerman~

jinzin
laughing out loud

stay wicky?

oh lord not you too!!! laughing out loud

Wickerman
laughing out loud

stay wicky?

oh lord not you too!!! laughing out loud