Anatomy of a god

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
Gods can be found in gardens, in ponds and even in the sea. They belong to a group of animals with a soft body called molluscs (mollusks) which are related to oysters, clams, and other shellfish. Characteristically they have soft, unsegmented bodies. Normally, their soft bodies are protected by a hard shell. The scientific name for the garden god is Helix aspersa. It is a gastropod which in latin means, gastro for stomach and pod for foot or just "a belly footed animal". The body of the godis long, moist and slimy. It has a shell to protect its soft body. When the god is disturbed, it simply withdraws or pulls itself back into its shell. The god also retreats into its shell and seals the entrance in dry weather to protect its body from drying up. A god is most active at night and on cloudy days. It does not like the sunshine very much. During very cold weather or winter, it hibernates in the ground.

Wonderer
Some people keep gods in aquariums together with their fish. However, they must make sure that they control the number because gods reproduce rapidly !!

Wonderer
How big can the god grow ?

Gods can live up to 5 to 10 years. Some have been known to live up to 15 years.

The largest known land god named Gee Geronimo was a Giant African God collected in Sierra Leone in 1976. It weighed about 2lb (900g) and measured over 15 inches (39.3cm) from snout to tail.

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Wow, like they can reproduce, like myth gods..

Wonderer
Here we have put in the approximate god the eye would see at each wavelength of light (though we cannot really see much light below about 4000 Angstroms, the near ultraviolet; and strictly, monitors cannot accurately display monochromatic gods, the gods of the rainbow).

You can think of this as what the eye would see if we put all the light in the Universe through a prism to produce a rainbow. The intensity of the god is in proportion to it's intensity in the Universe.

Wonderer
Almost like snails. God for me is a snail - slimy and it creeps in where you don't want it.

That's why I rather believe in the greater universal spirit of static continuity and infinity.

debbiejo
Everything I feel is connected...It interacts with each other.

Wonderer
absolutely

xmarksthespot
God is a large yellow lovable dog with big floppy ears and a brown spot on his back...

debbiejo
YES, YES YES........YOU'VE FOUND IT.......PRAISE BE THE MIGHT SPOT!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Wonderer
Gods can be found in gardens, in ponds and even in the sea. They belong to a group of animals with a soft body called molluscs (mollusks) which are related to oysters, clams, and other shellfish. Characteristically they have soft, unsegmented bodies. Normally, their soft bodies are protected by a hard shell. The scientific name for the garden god is Helix aspersa. It is a gastropod which in latin means, gastro for stomach and pod for foot or just "a belly footed animal". The body of the godis long, moist and slimy. It has a shell to protect its soft body. When the god is disturbed, it simply withdraws or pulls itself back into its shell. The god also retreats into its shell and seals the entrance in dry weather to protect its body from drying up. A god is most active at night and on cloudy days. It does not like the sunshine very much. During very cold weather or winter, it hibernates in the ground.

Doggy

big gay kirk
Originally posted by debbiejo
YES, YES YES........YOU'VE FOUND IT.......PRAISE BE THE MIGHT SPOT!

Yet another who has let the love of Spot into their life!! Hallelujah!!

Wonderer
OTF! This thread is about the slimy anatomy of a god.

xmarksthespot
Slimy? No. no
Lovable.
http://www.penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/yreaders/Spot/images/spotplay.gif
laughing out loud

finti
oh spot

Wonderer
My almost 3 year old daughter likes Spot too. I liked it when I was little.

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Slimy? No. no
Lovable.
http://www.penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/yreaders/Spot/images/spotplay.gif
laughing out loud
I'm so glad Spot is in my life again...I missed em...A storm took em away....

May spot be with us.

finti
may the force be with us

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
may the force be with us

I think it is.........young Luke Skywalker.

finti
ba ba ba ba baba diodnt that sound like Theme from Star Wars

debbiejo
If force can also be with Spot ......Spot is all powerful and can deal with the force...They will become one and the same...

finti
spot aint potty trained yet...............OUT!!!!!

Wonderer
Spot is topS

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
Spot is topS

Very good... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.