Movement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
The only purpose of existence or of life is motion...to move...not to become inert...not to become bored...to experience momentuosly...not to be static.

Please discuss.

piccola_nuvola
I personally don't think that movement is a purpose...it just happens, and we can't control it most of the times: like movement of particels, etc.

Tangible God
Or trees. Or water. Or air.

debbiejo
Some move only mentally....of spiritually.

finti
Moving stranger,
Does it really matter,
As long as you're not afraid to feel?
Touch me, hold me.
How my open arms ache!
Try to fall for me.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul. - Kate Bush

Wonderer
Yes, I mean human purpose...it is all about movement.

Bardock42
Well if we take Einsteins Model and believe Time to be a fourth Dimension.....therre's not really movement at all......

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
Moving stranger,
Does it really matter,
As long as you're not afraid to feel?
Touch me, hold me.
How my open arms ache!
Try to fall for me.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul. - Kate Bush

Great lyrics..... big grin

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well if we take Einsteins Model and believe Time to be a fourth Dimension.....therre's not really movement at all......

Yeah, because we would be seeing the universe outside time, and movement dedends on it, but is it possible to "see" outside of time ?
This way the every changing universe would be static.

Wonderer
But human purpose in an existential sense is still against inertia, it's towards motion if we think about the meaning of our life. Scientifically you might be able to argue against motion on a physical level, but we're not talking science here and the truth in an absolute sense will never come through the limited investigation of the physical means.

Atlantis001
Yes, I meant it only on a physical level.

Wonderer
Time is not, but movement is.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
Time is not, but movement is.

Time is space.
Scale is space.

In the nothingness, all things happen at the same time.
In the nothingness, all things are the same size.

Wonderer
Everything is one solid and static continuity of being. All is one and the same.

Shakyamunison
Everything is one solid and static continuity of being. All is one and the same.

I use the word nothingness to describe what I think you are talking about. However, nothingness is not empty.

Wonderer
I agree. Nothingness is just a mirror of Being...a recoil as Sartre puts it.
God is just an empty name people give to it. I'm an atheist who believe I am God of myself.

debbiejo
Well from the outside of a superuniverse looks like a multidimensional version of a very packed polyhedral...or like a box of balloons pushed together until all the sides that they now have are touching in like a multidimensional way...but our minds cannot fathom what is beyond the 3 dimensions we live in..it would look like a labyrinth from the inside out...that would be our little carbon view point....you are moving through it...being pushed through it by what we call time....So, time is moving you through the space.

Inspectah Deck
The only purpose of existence or of life is motion...to move...not to become inert...not to become bored...to experience momentuosly...not to be static.

Please discuss.

If one were to stay still a long time, one shall die

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
If one were to stay still a long time, one shall die

What if you moved slower than stop?

Atlantis001
Movement only happens in relation to somethig else, there is no absolute movement, our movement is with relation to our past location, in other words, we move in relation to time. If you take the whole time axis into consideration, then nothing moves.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Time is space.
Scale is space.

In the nothingness, all things happen at the same time.
In the nothingness, all things are the same size.

I've realised an interesting thing: Before I've even been aware of Buddhism thought(which the above quote draws on) my own philosophical thoughts contains the same ideas(note: without prior knowledge of it, which maybe points to universal containment of 'truth' or common grasp of 'truth' among individual entities).

My ideas in short are: Everything is one, everything is solidly connected and static, up and down is one and the same, past, present and future is one dimension happening all at once, cause and effect does not exist, or comes down to be the same, different existential intesities are the same in relative terms - no big or small, there is only one dimension of being, everything forms one infinity of being with no spaces or disconnectedness inbetween.

debbiejo
That's a quantum thing too..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.