Name 5 things you dislike about your country.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Don't bash other countries, but what do you hate about your own?

I live in America, so I guess I'll start.

Hate:

1. Limited freedom of speech. This has always bothered me, yes I know speech can be harmful, but why put it in the constitution if you can ban it?

2. Drug war. This is pure evil, war on SOME drugs. Meth is rampant and growing, but they seem to want to keep harping on pot. Pot! Ugh.

3.Political Correctness. Well, this is sort of connected to the free speech thing, but it's more of an unwritten rule that allows people to be over sensitive and force their beliefs on others because it's seemingly the "right" thing to do. I don't always want to do the right thing, stop badgering me. Sometimes I want to call a white guy a cracker, and surely he wants to call me a ******, but what the hell, no biggie. Do it.

4.Feminism/Anti-Male. This makes me angry towards women and it's rampant in American society. Look at the media/sitcoms, the husband is always a big fat dumb guy who is just lucky that his wife allows him to be around. I never had any problem with women until I met my first feminist. Now I'm a pig.

5. Race Relations. Of course it's only natural to have an innate sense of racism, but some think you should be colour blind, which is insane.
Race really isn't even an issue, but more culture based bigotry. Still, it's natural.

Leo.M
1) Bush is the president
2) Bush is the president
3) Bush is the president
4) Bush is the president

and 5

Bush is the president

botankus
United States:

1) Marketing Techniques. I am probably the most anti-advertising person I know, and that includes Internet banners whistle (I've won free gasoline for a year? F*** you, I'm not going to join 7 membership clubs to get a $200 credit.)
And I am perfectly aware of why it exists; I just think there are blatant methods (if you sit and watch/listen to any ad) of preying on the public that I'm afraid too many people fall for.

2) "So-and-so, brought to you by....(insert name here)

3) Commercial breaks on radio stations (I'm only 1 paycheck away from Sirius...I'm serious about that one hahahahahaha, yadadada)

4) What long pig said about political correctness, except nothing at all to do with racist slurs.

5, just for kicks) That stupid 20-minute advertising thing they put before previews nowadays at the movie theater. You all know what I'm talking about. I am now forced to "time" my arrival based on when the previews are in the middle to avoid this calamity. If I get there early, it takes the presence of everyone else in the theater (and to avoid a ticket for public urination) to keep me from going up and pissing all over the screen.

finti
Norway

High taxes
Expensive goods
to busy being UN`s clever boy
Ridiculous prices on houses
Unstable weather

Neo_Version 7
Greece

Crazy Drivers
It only rains like twice a year
The Euro erm
Crappy technology
Crappy forms of entertainment

debbiejo
OH...a new thread....

USA

I don't know...I like it...

OK, let me think

Taxes.
Wish we had mountains in Michigan.
I don't know, the food is good.
Wish there were more short people.
I wish more people would like us.

OH Yeah...Telemarketers....hate them alot.
And toooo many commercials on TV and radio.
And you have to strive to be unpolitically correct.

Darth Nauj
1) Bush
2) Texas
3) Republicans
4) bush
5) racism/bush/texas

PVS
1-idiotic rednecks
2-scumbag gangstas
3-arrogant little yuppie scum
4-southern baptists
5-bush and company

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
1-idiotic rednecks
2-scumbag gangstas
3-arrogant little yuppie scum
4-southern baptists
5-bush and company

I'm failing to comprehend the logic behind including, in some form or fashion, a trait about probably 3/4 of the KMC members, yet no traits at all that could define any characteristics by JM.

Alpha Centauri
The media.
The celebrities.
The populace.

Will edit with the last two when I think of em.

-AC

PVS
Originally posted by botankus
I'm failing to comprehend the logic behind including, in some form or fashion, a trait about probably 3/4 of the KMC members, yet no traits at all that could define any characteristics by JM.

why should i include JM?
she's a genius.

notice she doesnt post anymore.
the experiment has reached its conclusion
im sure by now she's already recieved her p.h.d. in psychology
and impressed the community with her insightful dissertation on
internet psychology. good for you JM!

WindDancer
Liberals
Conservatives
Whinners
Democrats (Big pack of idiots)
College Profesors

lil bitchiness
editstick out tongue

Clovie
1. politicians.
2. roads
3. taxes
4. thieves
5. law?

generally all of those are caused by politicians, who are stealing public money, and making biggers taxes, and not giving finances for renovation of roads..and so on sad

Sadako of Girth
England.

1.Blair and his arrogant "Im the only one who can deliver you from evil" shit while running the country into the ground with spin, lies and falsification and creating a climate of fear with one hand while shredding the law in the name of 'more rights for the criminals' with the other...

2.Ridiculous taxation. (Especially fuel.)

3.The weather most of the year is "Cold bleak, featureless grey with no sunshine OR storms... Just do one or the other will ya...?!!?

4.The prices of rent in the south.

5.The fact that our government has never been more insultingly open with the fact that we are viewed as its underlings and those in power have NO clue what it is to live as a regular member of the British public.

xmarksthespot
1. The fact that the parliamentarians in my country who introduced tertiary fees and student loans received free educations.
2. Uber-rich people who complain about having to pay a higher tax rate - who incidentally probably received their tertiary educations free.
3. The stupidity and/or ignorance of the general populace on certain issues.
4. A small but rising undercurrent of xenophobia and racial disharmony.
5. Idiot teenagers doing stupid things - like burning cats alive and throwing cinderblocks onto motorways.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm in the US

1) God, and all that Man has made him.

2) Total denial of the right to individuality. We are told we are all individuals, but no one is allowed to disagree. When you do, you're told you're anti-American.

3) Fox-F.UCKING News. And practiacally every host that works for them. Bill Oreilly really needs an enema...or to get laid..or something.

4) The fact that the oil companies are driving up the price of gas, despite the fact that they already control the country. How much more do they want? More importantly, that this dumb ass country didn't get the point in the '70's during that oil crisis. We should have moved away from oil a long time ago

5) Propoganda and the dumb ass public that falls for it. The current administration has mastered the artform of distraction. "Don't worry about 3 dollar-a-gallon gas, gays are trying to get married!"

Bardock42
Germany:

1.We are ruled by bastard idiot ex-communist tree-hugger whores.
2. We could be one of the major economic powers in the world but instead we decide to **** up evey economic progress.
3. Social Market System (biggest Bullshit Idea ever)
4. Lazy Bus that want money for doing nothing.....and get it.
5. The Green and the Communist Party.

Clovie
oh..i reminded myself one extra thing
5' that german coke tastes better than ours mad

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Clovie
oh..i reminded myself one extra thing
5' that german coke tastes better than ours mad

Their beer is better too. German beer is the only beer I have ever been able to stomach. I'm strictly a vodka man, typically.

Red Superfly
1. Thieves
2. Blame culture.
3. Lack of responsibility, especially with parents.
4. Human rights can be backwards, being too harsh in the wrong places and too lenient in others (burglars, immigrants etc)
5. Laziness.

debbiejo
The US has really good ethnic food toooooooo.

CherryPop
1. G. Bush
2. Gas Prices
3. Obesity
4. Laziness
5. BUSH

Clovie
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Their beer is better too. German beer is the only beer I have ever been able to stomach. I'm strictly a vodka man, typically. ermm..actually polish beer is better than german.

Evil Dead
1. the undermining of our society with the "nigga" culture........glorification of gangs, guns, drugs, pimping/prostitution, thugs, etc. to our youth...............ensuring that today will always be better than tomorrow.

2. A two party political system that made me choose to vote for George W. Bush to prevent John Kerry from becoming president.

3. My government spending our hard earned cash to support those too lazy to work. There has been welfare reform in the past few years which have helped.....but as always there are loopholes and those who still find ways to abuse the system. I have no problem helping support our elderly, disabled and children. My problem is the government sends billions of dollars to lazy parents specificly to take care of their children...for free......billions of my dollars..of my co-workers dollars. If a parent will not get a job and take care of their children...feed/clothe/house them.......that is neglect. By united states law......children suffering from neglect should be taken away from their parents and supported by our government to give them every opportunity in life.

4. The hypocrisy of drug laws. Drugs are bad and should be illegal. My problem lies in the classification of drugs. I legally take opiates every day (vicodin, lortab, oxycontin) for my back problem (spinal stenosis from L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs aswell was an annular tear in the L5-S1 abutting the S1 nerves).............yet it is illegal for me to smoke marijuana......with or without a prescription. It is less harmful physically than opiates (especially to the liver which opiates will destroy over time)......not addictive as opiates are.....and does not alter the mind to the extent opiates do. Basically.......here I am.......a grown man saying, "hey.....instead of taking these harsh drugs, could you give me something a little lighter?" and ofcourse not being allowed. That's like legally giving people heroin but not allowing them to take Tylenol if they request it. To top it off..........marijuana was made illegal due to the hysteria around "reefer madness" which ofcourse we know today to be retarded.......yet the law still exists......even though marjuana is less harmful than alcohol and alcohol can be bought by anybody over 21 w/o a prescription.

5. the materialism of our society. I have a good paying job. I own a decent home. I do have two cars that I bought brand new in '04. I'm happy. I could live the rest of my life in the same financial situation I am in right now. I look around me and see others eyeing bigger houses, more expensive cars and luxurious items that they do not need and probably don't really want........they wish to have them simply as a status symbol. This ofcourse is part of the rift in our society between classes. The poor just want to be middle class........average......whereas the middle class want to be wealthy and the wealthy want to be wealthier. Ofcourse the middle class and wealthy have a large advantage over the poor as they have a more resourceful starting position.......giving them the leg up. This results in the poor remaining poor while the other two classes try to get as much as they can as fast as they can.

Bardock42
ermm..actually polish beer is better than german.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH...you are funny Clovie....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAh haven'tz laughed that good in a long time...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHA....wait are you serious?

Britannia
1) Inheritance Tax
2) Blair
3) Labour Party
4) Disrespect amongst the elderly (they're so darn rude sometimes!!)
5) Soaps.

Clovie
Originally posted by Bardock42
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH...you are funny Clovie....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAh haven'tz laughed that good in a long time...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHA....wait are you serious? yes. i spent week drinking german one and then a week drinking polish one.
our is better. everyone agrees yes
but coke is better there. somehow. blink

KidRock
Tree hugging liberals
Terrorist supporting democrats
Tree huging democrats
Terrorist supporting liberals

Clovie
Originally posted by KidRock
Tree hugging liberals
Terrorist supporting democrats
Tree huging democrats
Terrorist supporting liberals you forgot: tree hugging terrorists

DarkC
I dunno
I dunno
I dunno
I dunno
Our Prime Minister

mechmoggy
Things I dislike about England...

1. Tabloids
2. Soap operas
3. High price of living (in the south at least)
4. Fast food being far cheaper than food that's good for you
5. I don't get sexually propositioned anywhere near as often as I'd like

Things I love about England...

1. The Premier League
2. English National football team
3. English cricket team
4. Having beer in pint glasses
5. All my friends and family live here!

PVS
you forgot: tree hugging terrorists

he forgot: terrorist hugging rednecks

Clovie
Originally posted by PVS
he forgot: terrorist hugging rednecks but he didn't mention rednecks earlier...confused

shaber
nice sig clovie

Fishy
1. The opposition
2. The government
3. Uncaring about history
4. Giving away government run things to normal people like the railroads.
5. Heineken.

PVS
i forgot to add: people who desecrate the american flag

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/desecration.jpg

KidRock
Edited.

Spelljammer
#1: My country's fear of rascism and biggotry. We have more races, ethnic groups, and national differance here then anywhere else in the world, and yet WE'RE intolerant and barbaric?! I want to beat the hell out of someone with a baseball bat whenever they say such stupid shit. Which may prove Americans are more VIOLANT then most of the world, but hardly more HATEMONGERING.

#2: I despise my country's ass-backward views in everything. Jews here are anti-Zion, the "liberals" control most coporations and news outlets, and for some reason the most God-awful American is supposedly the country bumpkin you'll see at a steakhouse. The man just wants a ****ing steak! Leave him be!

#3: The outrageous intolerance against religon. What Americans have against God I do not know. Especialy the Christian church. Yeah, the radicals like Pat Roberson talk out thier ass, yes, the Salem witch trials were bad, but guess what? Religous wars have gone on throughout history, and when Christianity has long sense passed, somewhere in space they're going to corrupt more religons, because even something as peaceful as Buddhism can be tainted by a communist goverment with only the most ill of intentions. Religon is not to blame, people are. Take your battle to the source, which is the individual making lies out of The Word of God..

#4: Slavery. Meation it and white people get scared that you're going to throw things at them, black people get scared it's going to come back, (That's another peeve. In the United States if you're not black or white, you really don't matter..) what both idiots fail to realize is that slavery has gone on sense the dawn of time, and hell, it's STILL going on if not more abudantly because now slavery is illegal in most places so on the black market it's even cheaper to get thier labour.. But Americans are so stuck on themselves, they look the other way at criminal behaivor in North Koreia, Cuba, and recently even Belgium. But pride themselves in "I'm a black yo! Foshizzle!" parades..

And #5: NASA. We spend millions upon millions of tax dollars on space programs. WHY?! You say we can find cures for diseases when you fail to acknowledge three important factors..

You havn't cured anything sense polio..
You could possibly bring space bacteria with you that could create WORSE diseases then the ones we know..
And you havn't REALLY tooken the time to search our OWN planet for plants and other substances that could cure what ails us..

The goverment just wants to use that money to bring us closer to Star Wars with colourful lasers and lightsabers *Skzzt!* *Zoom!* *Woosh!* But they know our people are stupid enough to believe thier lies. That money could be spent on IMPORTANT things, like healthcare and social security. If I ran the U.S. you may not ever know a cure for your disease, but I promise you that in your life you'd live alot more comfertable with it..

BackFire
Kid Rock, don't insult people, if you don't have an intelegent or appropriate response then refrain from posting.

Spelljammer
I'd also like to add that this would've been on the list, but wasn't quite important enough because eventualy they MIGHT listen to my idea instead of arguing back and forth like monkies..

#6: Abortion.
The left won on this and it is perfectly legal and yet they still ***** and moan. The right keeps thier pro-life argument from ever being taken seriously with The Bible so far up thier asses. If America hopes to ever see a relaxed yet compassionate country, they have to meet some sort of middleground and take one of these two alternatives..

Either make abortion completely illegal unless under the circumstance of rape or the woman's life is indanger, which most conservatives would look the other way, and liberals would no longer have that excuse.

Or make abortion privately funded. That way I, and billions of other Americans don't have to feel responsible for murder, and pro-choice peoples can pat themselves on the backs for helping contribute to a right to choose. I prefer this option because it not only lets everybody win, but helps our economy and let's us choose in the process of things.

GCG
1) Crazy Drivers - Not even with eyes at the back of your head can you escape them

2) Low Income compared to the cost of living.

3) Narrow-mindedness

4) Isolation

5) Wankers with High ranks abusing their authoroty on others with low ranks

jaden101
UK

high taxes...highest in the world...officially

the NHS: the main reason we have such high taxes...blighted by beauraucracy and mis-management...rampant MRSA in most hospitals...

"new" labour...a bunch of public school rich folk who think that because they have the name "labour" that they somehow speak for the working class...and the idiot working class fall for it at elections every time

house prices: easily the most expensive houses anywhere bar none...i recently tried to get a foothold on the property ladder as i've been saving for 5 years...i pretty much got laughed out the bank when i went to see about a mortgage

chavs: we've discussed them enough...burberry and aquascrotum baseball cap wearing, buckfast swigging, car stealing, inbred junkie bastards

xmarksthespot
K what exactly is a chav?

Oh and are you sure about that "highest (tax) in the world" thing?

DeVi| D0do
The accent.
The election.
The television.
The petrol prices.
The 'clean, green' image - we're not ALL pansies...

jaden101

Britannia
Chavs = scum of the earth. Rude, disrespectful... fallouts of decent British society.

finti
Chavs = scum of the earth. Rude, disrespectful... fallouts of decent British society..........more or less your average teenager then

Wonderer
1. Most of the people here are devoid of an intellect. They irritate the crap out of me with there mindless hobbies, conversations and music taste.
2. Most of the people live hipocrytic, instinctive-religious lives like sheep.
3. The government abolished the death penalty so that decent citizens must now live in fear of animal-like murderers and pay millions to keep them in jail(if they end up there(slim chance).
4. They drive on the roads like dumb pigs.
5. The government officials are corrupt devils in wolves clothing.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Wonderer
1. Most of the people here are devoid of an intellect. They irritate the crap out of me with there mindless hobbies, conversations and music taste.
2. Most of the people live hipocrytic, instinctive-religious lives like sheep.
3. The government abolished the death penalty so that decent citizens must now live in fear of animal-like murderers and pay millions to keep them in jail(if they end up there(slim chance).
4. They drive on the roads like dumb pigs.
5. The government officials are corrupt devils in wolves clothing.
Where do you live? This sounds like the world man. Exsept for the U.S. which only lacks number 3 because we don't have a democrat in office.. yet..

jaden101
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Where do you live? This sounds like the world man. Exsept for the U.S. which only lacks number 3 because we don't have a democrat in office.. yet..

look under his avatar...the "location" bit might give you a clue

Spelljammer
I thought Africa was a bunch of guys with AK-47s worried about poachers and terrorists..

BAHH! Damn you television! You've taught me nothing! That's what I get for watching stuff outside of Dr. Phil and FOX News.. CNM and moreso MSNBC News are crap..

jaden101
I thought Africa was a bunch of guys with AK-47s worried about poachers and terrorists..

yeah...that was his number 5 stick out tongue

PVS

BAHH! Damn you television! You've taught me nothing! That's what I get for watching stuff outside of Dr. Phil and FOX News.. CNM and moreso MSNBC News are crap..

EVIL brain

Tiberius
I don't thonk i can find anything bad about Belgium. Except high taxes. But yeah i don't have to pay them. so whatever

Imaginary
Australia... hmm. In no particular order:

Petrol prices
The Howard Government
Our dependence on the US and Britain
Former treatment of the native Aborigines by the Australian Government
Stupid people.

Stunrun
1) - Chavs - they REALLY do give Britain a bad name mad
2) - Tony Blair - LETS NOT GO THERE!stick out tongue
3) - Middle Class People - Upper Class wannaby'ssick Working Class - down to earth!
4) - The Queen - Prince William will make an AWESOME king!eek! so step aside biatch!laughing out loud
5) - Our National anthemlaughing out loud

Vagina
Lack of equality, even though it may seem like there is, there is really not. How we get off, as trying to be a wold power, and superior is another. Violence, people quick to judge,Hypocrites,pollutions, corrupt children, manners, and other issues, I will get to, maybe later.

manny321
CANADA.
1. people who in Alberta think they should separate and think they are better and richer then everyone because they have a hundred billion barrels of oil while Ontario doesn't and they still have money.
2. people in Quebec who want to separate from canada.
3. people who think Toronto is the one the most violent cities in North America.
4. The leader of the conservative party who is a racist bigot which belongs to a ultra right wing nut party and hides away his true beliefs.
5. Blacks in Toronto. I am not a racist but why are 90% of all the shootings done by blacks even though there a wayyyyy more Asians in Toronto.
this is old date 6 years old (1999)
21% area Asians
9% are blacks

Ast
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
2) Texas

mad mad mad

stick out tongue

Atlantis001

Bicnarok

Spelljammer
Wow, SpellJammer never realized how much it sucks to be the rest of the world and how you all have leaders like our democratic nominees and they're always just a strand away from taking power..

MOMMY, SPELLJAMMER'S SCARED! stick out tongue

Fire
Belgium
1. Racism and Separatism:
People in Flanders (northern half of Belgium) are becoming more and more racist. In the past I always hoped that that would start to decline as younger people took over from the elderly but lately I am starting to doubt it. the damn Extreme-right racist party is the second biggest in Flanders FFS (thank goodness they don't matter a lot on the national scale)
Separatism is also growing in Flanders, damn people and politicians are always blaming the wallons far almost everything bad that happens here. Somehow they always find a way to blame it on those guys, which is sad and childish. Politicians should be above this + this petty squabbling is ruining my country!

2. Too many liberals in the government:
Damn those right-wing bastards, we do not need a tax reduction when the country is doing only so-so. And certainly not a percentile tax reduction. What the heck are poor people (who don't pay taxes because they are too poor) do with a tax reduction, Well I'll tell you SQUAT, NOTHING! and what do struggling one income families who don't pay that many taxes with a percentile tax reduction NOT NEARLY as much as wealthy people who pay far more taxes and ergo get a far bigger benefit from it.

3. Not Taxing Wealth:
We still haven't introduced that. People who have the money to buy paintings which cost more than what a normal person makes in a year should bloody well pay taxes for it. People who have 1.5 million euro's+ on their bank account should pay taxes on it.

4. Unemployment:
We should do more to counter it!!!

5. Not Allowing migrants to vote:
Damn some people have lived here for 30 years, speak the language and everything and only because a damn piece of paper says they are Turkish or god knows what they aren't allowed to influence policy. Such a load of BS.
It took years just to allow them to vote in the local elections, but that's NOT enough. Those people contribute to our community, pay taxes and respect our laws we should allow them to vote on regional and national elections.

Bicnarok
You forgot the "some bastards talk French" part.

Fire
don't mind that

Spelljammer
SpellJammer should be running the country of Belgium!

SpellJammer: Rebbecca, you are charged with Bran-Bran not dating SpellJammer because you are her friend and dislike him and chicks don't date guys thier friends don't approve of!
Rebbecca: Dude, you're fricking king now. Like you couldn't--
SpellJammer: RELEASE THE ROBOTIC LIONS!
Fire: Umm.. sir.. we don't have robotic lions.. Constructing an avid robot like that would require alot of time and money. And you declared socialism when you first got here..
SpellJammer: WHAT?! WHAT DOES SPELLJAMMER PAY TAXES FOR THEN?!
Fire: sir.. you DON'T pay taxes.. you distrubate the money to homes, charities, healthcare, social security. The people are very happy by the way. But there isn't enough to fund your insane project..
SpellJammer: Go feed yourself to the robotic lions you treasonist..

pr1983
ireland...

1. everything is way too expensive...
2. politicians are greedy bastards...
3. rampant alcoholism...
4. So called celebrities...
5. Irish women (Not all, but alot)...

§P0oONY
England:

1) We invented the majority of the popular sports and yet we are not good at any of them.
2) In the recently passed General Election parties like UKIP and BNP got increasing amounts of votes.
3) Our Summers and Winters are pretty lousy.
4) Blue Peter.
5) TV licenses.

MissCurlyCat
When was the last time YOU had a date?

Fire
Spelljammer I doubt belgium will ever be run by an american

pr1983

Jedi StunRun
Originally posted by Bicnarok
England (born)

1. That we loose too often on penaltys in world cups

now that IS a frustrating habbitweep

which reminds me, i need to start preparing for the World Cupsmile though i doubt we'll get past the group stages - the way we're playing?!mad

Jedi StunRun
Originally posted by MissCurlyCat
When was the last time YOU had a date?

where did that come from?blink

playmean
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
where did that come from?blink

keeping you on your toes? confused

big gay kirk
The five things I dislike about the UK...

1 That "regional" is often used as a substitute for "comedy"... eg, Bread, Birds of a Feather, etc

2 That we only ever seem to get American films, aimed at safely making money, instead of trying something a bit different...

3 That we have people who think nothing of making racist slurs and daubing graffiti on the premises of hardworking business people, then expect those same people to sell them goods and services....

4 That we idolise celebrities to the extent that the courts and police are lenient with them when they break the law, when, as role models, we should punish them most severely....

5 That the weather is just too hot now... we never get decent winters, and we go up to 40 degrees C in summer.... 20 is plenty....

Darth_Erebus
I live in the myth known as The United States of America. We are supposed to be a constitutional republic. In truth, we are an economic oligarchy. What this means is, that large corporations, not government, is what's really in control. Everyone loves to scream about the evil Republicans but when it comes to economic policies the Democrats are no different. Both parties support free trade which while it (in the short term) helps stock value of major corporations has led to a massive trade deficiet and believe me, it didn't start with Shrub. We had laissez faire capitalism in the 19th centeruy in this country and there were only 2 classes of people, the very rich and the very poor. It wasn't until the 1930s when unions started gaining strength that the middle class was finally created. Now, the trend is going back the other way and the middle class is shrinking and may well be gone alltogether within 20 years. Personally, I have little hope that this can be stopped.

Spelljammer
Yeah, I don't see much of a differance when Bush was here then Clinton. Same bullcrap. Exsept now instead of being paranoid over if we're being affirmative enough in our actions, we're scared of guys with towels on thier heads who could be hiding a razor underneath it..

I notice that alot of countries are actually not that differant from here. I'm wondering if America influenced the world, or was the world always like this?

Bardock42
more than 50 Percent of Comunist scum.......damn elections........I am all for monarchy again....

debbiejo
OK...I thought of another one....Mosquito's...Hate Mosquito's.

knight
No Particular Order:

*Class distinction
*Drug addiction
*Everybody's got a chip on their shoulder
*Everyone hesitates at life and beats around the bush
*Everyone walks around with a perpetual smile across their face

soleran30
USA

1) Liberals(democrats) I understand the need and appreciate what they do but not my thing

2) Conservatives hell if I can get more tax cuts great but in the end what a waste

3) Press.....the LARGEST hype in the USA more media and advertising for a specific agenda then I care to share

4) War on drugs........title says it all and its a Joke

5) Class distinction......white black pink I care less cuzz there is alot of racial prejudice on all sides

Spelljammer
Very simple, but very true.. Though this country also has had a terrible case of extremetism. No longer are there democrats and republicans, but liberal-democrats and libertarians. What is this? England?

soleran30
LOL spelljammer ..............you must be a politician well said

Nogoodnamesleft
1. The stereotype that just because I'm Canadian, I have to be liberal.
2. The military is shit
3. This is a wimpy country
4. We have no money (Canadian economy=monkey shit)
5. The healthcare system is dying (yes, I'm aware that the idea of free public healthcare was invented by liberal communists or whatever)
6. We're the 51st State
7. We're not a real country
8. We're too liberal, except for when it comes to the healthcare system, which is also a big piece of monkey shit

Do you hate anything about your country?

KharmaDog

That's a stereotype and has nothing to do with the country itself, just other's perceptions of it's population.

2. The military is shit

Our military is not only well trained, but makes a significant worldwide contribution (especially compared to the relative population of our country).

We have a storied military history which your ignorant comment disrespects and just because our military is underfunded does not mean it is sh*t.

Tell that to anyone who plays team canada in hockey, gets in a mma ring with a canadian, or anyone who has engaged in combat against canadians, they will tell you different. Do not your own weaknesses reflect poorly against your country.

We're one of the wealthiest country in the world. Do you even have a clue?

5. The healthcare system is dying (yes, I'm aware that the idea of free public healthcare was invented by liberal communists or whatever)

The healthcare system is in trouble I agree. But once again, it's still one of the best in the world.

6. We're the 51st State

How do you figure? Canada has it's own identity, set of laws, and is seen very diferently from the states around the world.

This comment is too stupid to address.

8. We're too liberal, except for when it comes to the healthcare system, which is also a big piece of monkey shit

See my answer to comment 7.

Mostly uneducated morons who make negative comments without any supporting evidence. Feel free to leave Canada anytime. Judjing by your attitude it would be an action that would only make this country better in the opinon of others.

KidRock
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
2. The military is shit
6. We're the 51st State

I agree

KharmaDog
Originally posted by KidRock
I agree

Those are issues you hate about your country? Makes you as imbecilic as the original poster.

JacopeX
2. The military is shit
6. We're the 51st State

Do you hate anything about your country? Its not my country, for I should now call it "This" country. You see I agree with you on 1. Stereotypes not only against canadians but since thats the topic your on, then i have nothing else to say.

Deano
cant we just accept that we are citizens of the world? its just a peace of land you are arguing over

JacopeX
Originally posted by Deano
cant we just accept that we are citizens of the world? its just a peace of land you are arguing over But it dosent treat us right, therfore we should act.

KidRock
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Those are issues you hate about your country? Makes you as imbecilic as the original poster.

Those are the issues I hate about your country.

Lumanix
America

1) Racism (against Whites)
2) Rampant Illegal Immigraiton
3) Anti-Male as the first poster... posted.
4) General immaturity and laziness.
5) Oil

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Deano
cant we just accept that we are citizens of the world? its just a peace of land you are arguing over

I'm more or less arguing over the uneducated comments of an ungrateful citizen. And it's not so much a piece of land as it is an identity , a history and a concerted effort by many people.

Originally posted by JacopeX
But it dosent treat us right, therfore we should act.

Your obliqueness astounds.

BackFire
1. That nudity isn't allowed on basic TV, but showing murder and violence is a-okay.

2. Our president. I don't really hate him, I just think he's pretty shitty.

3. That much of the outside world hates us or thinks we're inherently stupid.

4. Prostitution isn't legal in most places.

5. So much violence, I don't know about other countries, but the news here in always such a downer, about children getting raped and killed, about some old lady getting shot by accident during a gang fight.

6. Hockey isn't on very often, I like Hockey.

7. People here always look for someone to blame whenever something bad happens. Usually their blame falls on ridiculous targets, like video games, movies or music.

JacopeX
Things I hate about america

1.Stereotypes
2. Politics and precedencies
3. The ignorant citizens
4. Racism/pregiudice that cant be stopped ((theres still Nazi's in this country))
5. the war that ruined many lives in many countries and even USA it self.

Peru

1. Poverty
2. Fujimori ((Even though he isnt president anymore))
3. The charge of politics and how they take care of things

Lumanix

1.Stereotypes
3. The ignorant citizens
4. Racism/pregiudice that cant be stopped ((theres still Nazi's in this country))
5. the war that ruined many lives in many countries and even USA it self.

Peru

1. Poverty

Oh the irony.

Rapscallion
1. Homophobia/ racism
2.consevatives
3. radical liberals
4. vice president
5. michael moore
6. sec. o' war i mean "defense"
7. Bill O Rielly calls it home
8. the president
9. electoral college
10. people who make fun of Canada

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by long pig
Don't bash other countries, but what do you hate about your own?

I live in America, so I guess I'll start.

Hate:

1. Limited freedom of speech. This has always bothered me, yes I know speech can be harmful, but why put it in the constitution if you can ban it?

2. Drug war. This is pure evil, war on SOME drugs. Meth is rampant and growing, but they seem to want to keep harping on pot. Pot! Ugh.

3.Political Correctness. Well, this is sort of connected to the free speech thing, but it's more of an unwritten rule that allows people to be over sensitive and force their beliefs on others because it's seemingly the "right" thing to do. I don't always want to do the right thing, stop badgering me. Sometimes I want to call a white guy a cracker, and surely he wants to call me a ******, but what the hell, no biggie. Do it.

4.Feminism/Anti-Male. This makes me angry towards women and it's rampant in American society. Look at the media/sitcoms, the husband is always a big fat dumb guy who is just lucky that his wife allows him to be around. I never had any problem with women until I met my first feminist. Now I'm a pig.

5. Race Relations. Of course it's only natural to have an innate sense of racism, but some think you should be colour blind, which is insane.
Race really isn't even an issue, but more culture based bigotry. Still, it's natural.

This guy's right, especially on 3 and 4. As for Canada (where I live):

1. We're horribly liberal/left wing. We give gays, women and minorities special treatment. We're so PC that we can't even use words like "black". Marijuana is practically legal. We allowed same sex marriages and give goddamned junkies free drugs (at taxpayers' expense, of course) and "safe injection sites" instead of dealing with them like we really should. When we go to war, we're more worried about "offending" the stupid Arabs/Nazis/whatever than we are about the fact that they want to kill us. We bend over for immigrants and give no respect to the real Canadians. We're so faggity that the only trait that can identify someone as a Canadian is if they're a broad, a frog or an Indian (though I guess I partly fit the bill, since I'm 1/8 Chippewa). When we caught those two Sikhs or whatever who did the 1985 Air India bombing that killed about 280 Canadians, we let them off easy. Know why? Because they're members of a visible minority and a minority religion. We let Carla Homolka off easy. Why? Because she's a woman. The most common disease in Canada isn't cancer or AIDS...it's political correctness, and we seem to have no cure, despite our reputation as a country that's a center for medical research and advances.

2. The military gives dog shit a bad name. Name a country we could invade on our own. Does anyone know about the Oka Crisis? That the soldiers were routinely whupped in combat by a bunch of civilians with no military training armed with a bunch of old AK-47s was the least embarassing part of it. We haven't shown even the vaguest sense of military ability since WW2.

3. We're incredibly wimpy. We bend over and spread our ass cheeks for any country that even looks at us funny. Spain, Greenland, Iceland, Denmark, you name it. We're afraid of countries weaker than us. No matter what happens, we never put up a fight.

4. We're the 51st State. When America tells us to jump, we don't say no. We just ask how high. We're still a colony, and the only difference is that we're America's, not Britain's.

5. We're not a real country. Any country (except America) that was ever a colony cannot be considered a real country. And despite that we supposedly left the British Empire about 70+ years ago, we still have a queen (notice how we're such a wimpy country that our master is a woman instead of a man/king), monarch, sovereign, governor general, royal anthem, etc. When the British come over to visit us, we start bending over and spreading our ass cheeks like we're still their colony.

6. Know why the Americans laugh at our economy? Because it's a joke. Except that this one's not funny.

7. The healthcare system has pretty much gone down the tubes. So we're always too liberal, except for when we actually should be liberal.

8. What the Hell are we going to do with this tiny population? It should be as big as America's. That's the only way we could cover the landmass and/or have and support a military big enough to keep the country safe.

9. This place is full of goddamned Franco-sapiens. That on its own is reason enough to hate this place.

Nogoodnamesleft
Excuse me for putting the same thing there twice, I didn't know that the other thing I made was already there. But the second one has more detail. And as for how wimpy we are, I should also note that our idea of a war hero is some old queer who feels sorry and sad and shit for people instead of a guy who actually kills enemy soldiers. That's not a war hero. And another thing I hate about this retard country is that we don't matter. We're nowhere near as powerful as my left nut. When we have an opportunity to be involved in a major world matter, do we take it? No, we sit and twiddle our dicks with our thumbs like a 90 year old retard in a mental home. We have a severely retarded policy of not-having-anything-to-do-with-anything. Why do the Americans say that we don't matter? Because they're right. We don't.

And if you think that our "military", as it dares to call itself, has the ability to actually fight a war, then you're sadly mistaken. In the Oka Crisis (notice how something that happens commonly and regularly in the States and is treated as nothing there is somehow a "crisis" up here, even though it didn't even involve nuclear, biological or chemical weapons):
-The soldiers were helpless at the hands of a merciless beating from a bunch of ordinary unarmed civilians
-the soldiers were routinely whupped and scared off in combat like little girls by a bunch of ordinary civilians who had no military training and a bunch of old AK-47s
-they got scared when it was night time because the supposedly "modern" Canadian military can't even get night vision goggles
-two ordinary civilians (reporters or journalists or whatever) casually and easily snuck past Canadian military security

lord xyz

That's a stereotype and has nothing to do with the country itself, just other's perceptions of it's population.

2. The military is shit

Our military is not only well trained, but makes a significant worldwide contribution (especially compared to the relative population of our country).

We have a storied military history which your ignorant comment disrespects and just because our military is underfunded does not mean it is sh*t.

Tell that to anyone who plays team canada in hockey, gets in a mma ring with a canadian, or anyone who has engaged in combat against canadians, they will tell you different. Do not your own weaknesses reflect poorly against your country.

We're one of the wealthiest country in the world. Do you even have a clue?

The healthcare system is in trouble I agree. But once again, it's still one of the best in the world.

6. We're the 51st State

How do you figure? Canada has it's own identity, set of laws, and is seen very diferently from the states around the world.

This comment is too stupid to address.

See my answer to comment 7.

Mostly uneducated morons who make negative comments without any supporting evidence. Feel free to leave Canada anytime. Judjing by your attitude it would be an action that would only make this country better in the opinon of others. I think Whob is really American and wants to make fun of the canadians.

Things I hate about the UK

1. Too many immigrants
2. The government doesn't listen to its people, they've been piggy-backing America for too long
3. Far too over populated

Can't think of any more at the moment.

KharmaDog
1. We're horribly liberal/left wing. We give gays, women and minorities special treatment. We're so PC that we can't even use words like "black". Marijuana is practically legal. We allowed same sex marriages and give goddamned junkies free drugs (at taxpayers' expense, of course) and "safe injection sites" instead of dealing with them like we really should. When we go to war, we're more worried about "offending" the stupid Arabs/Nazis/whatever than we are about the fact that they want to kill us. We bend over for immigrants and give no respect to the real Canadians. We're so faggity that the only trait that can identify someone as a Canadian is if they're a broad, a frog or an Indian (though I guess I partly fit the bill, since I'm 1/8 Chippewa). When we caught those two Sikhs or whatever who did the 1985 Air India bombing that killed about 280 Canadians, we let them off easy. Know why? Because they're members of a visible minority and a minority religion. We let Carla Homolka off easy. Why? Because she's a woman. The most common disease in Canada isn't cancer or AIDS...it's political correctness, and we seem to have no cure, despite our reputation as a country that's a center for medical research and advances.

You speak of these issues with little or no knowledge. Your simplification of the issues and your racist and ignorant remarks is not so much offensive as pathetic and sad.

2. The military gives dog shit a bad name. Name a country we could invade on our own. Does anyone know about the Oka Crisis? That the soldiers were routinely whupped in combat by a bunch of civilians with no military training armed with a bunch of old AK-47s was the least embarassing part of it. We haven't shown even the vaguest sense of military ability since WW2.

Talk to our allies who served with us (or those who fought against us) in Afghanistan and Bosnia as well as all the other places that Canadians have served around the world in the last 60 years.

Once again, your lack of knowledge is only eclipsed by your hostility. Just barely though.

3. We're incredibly wimpy. We bend over and spread our ass cheeks for any country that even looks at us funny. Spain, Greenland, Iceland, Denmark, you name it. We're afraid of countries weaker than us. No matter what happens, we never put up a fight.

Examples please? I suggest that you are a powerless and nameless individual who is projecting what he hates about himself on an removed identity of himself.

4. We're the 51st State. When America tells us to jump, we don't say no. We just ask how high. We're still a colony, and the only difference is that we're America's, not Britain's.

Yes, hence our reason for following the U.S. into Iraq and the conting debate over trade relations...oh waite......

5. We're not a real country. Any country (except America) that was ever a colony cannot be considered a real country. And despite that we supposedly left the British Empire about 70+ years ago, we still have a queen (notice how we're such a wimpy country that our master is a woman instead of a man/king), monarch, sovereign, governor general, royal anthem, etc. When the British come over to visit us, we start bending over and spreading our ass cheeks like we're still their colony.

From these comments I suspect you are an american trolling for reactions...either that or idiot...or both.

6. Know why the Americans laugh at our economy? Because it's a joke. Except that this one's not funny.

Another reference to americans? You've played your hand once too often.

7. The healthcare system has pretty much gone down the tubes. So we're always too liberal, except for when we actually should be liberal.

Now you just aren't making sense.

8. What the Hell are we going to do with this tiny population? It should be as big as America's. That's the only way we could cover the landmass and/or have and support a military big enough to keep the country safe.

A military expert are you now? I think you need not worry about Canada's safety.

9. This place is full of goddamned Franco-sapiens. That on its own is reason enough to hate this place.

Then leave, and nice racist comment thrown in. You're a class act.

pr1983
1. Too much racism against immigrants who help keep the economy afloat...
2. The ridiculous drinking culture...
3. The governments ability to shaft anyone who earns less than 50k a year...
4. Shit public services, bus, rail, hospitals etc...
5. The assumption that we're british... we're not, we're irish...

lord xyz
Originally posted by pr1983
1. Too much racism against immigrants who help keep the economy afloat...
2. The ridiculous drinking culture...
3. The governments ability to shaft anyone who earns less than 50k a year...
4. Shit public services, bus, rail, hospitals etc...
5. The assumption that we're british... we're not, we're irish... There there. petpet

lord xyz

1.Stereotypes
3. The ignorant citizens
5. the war that ruined many lives in many countries and even USA it self. I'm sure everyone who isn't American, hates America.

pr1983
Originally posted by lord xyz
There there. petpet

ok...

Originally posted by lord xyz
I'm sure everyone who isn't American, hates America.

I hate the administration, not the people (well, not all of them)

Nogoodnamesleft
Aside from the major things, I guess it's a minor thing that annoys me. It's the cultural thing. It doesn't bother me that our culture is mainly non-American. It's just that we don't really have a hand in it.

Lord Urizen
This guy's right, especially on 3 and 4. As for Canada (where I live):

Ahh......Hatred at its finest. It's so refreshing !

Capt_Fantastic
You speak of these issues with little or no knowledge.

That's because he doesn't really live in Canada.

tabby999
Australia;

1. Our PM is a backflipping b*stardo, declaring he would never introduce the GST, then doing it, making loans to nations in need of help he knew they could never pay back, kissing George W Bush's arse at any given point and sending troops into a war that people thought was a bad idea. Unfortunatly, at the moment its better the devil you know, none of the other party leaders look any more capable.

2. The government (get used to it, they're my biggest gripe at the moment) change laws constantly about marijuana. I know this is me being upset about a indulgence, but the last people you want to confuse are stoners. Make a decision and let it stick for a while.

3. The way most of the good bands dont tour over here. We have had a pretty good run as of late, but being so friggin far from England, America and Europe makes touring over here expensive, so the smaller but still awsome bands dont get a chance to tour.

4. The newspapers. The decent paper we have (The Age) is a broadsheet, and while thats more a annoyance than anything, it makes it impossible to read on the train/tram. The most common tabloid paper is good for sport and the BIG issues of the day, but if you want more than just a little news and no real world news, you dont bother. Victoria needs a happy middle ground on this one.

5. The "Americanisation" of our country. I understand that Australia is a "multi-cultural" country and we adapt to all the different peoples who come here, but everything is becoming so painfully American. We import so much of Americas terrible day time tv, our culture is slowly dissapearing into the background between Starbucks and Subway.

Alpha Centauri
Melbourne has an unbelievable music scene, it's just that hardly any of them are signed, or if they are, they're not known.

Then again, that depends on taste.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
melbourne is on my list of places i am gonna visit before i die.

tabby999
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Melbourne has an unbelievable music scene, it's just that hardly any of them are signed, or if they are, they're not known.

Then again, that depends on taste.

-AC

yeah, there's a ton of great venues who will let anyone who wants to play play, but like you said, so many great bands that are unsigned and go unsigned for years. Its a shame, the music scene here (well the indie store side of it) is pretty serious trouble at the moment.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

For sure, its a great city, even if our music scene is a bit unrecognised by the labels. Defiantly worth a visit.

Soleran

How about the bathroom every once in awhile as well?

JacopeX
Peru

1. Poverty
4. Many are left without jobs
5. You have to vote or have to pay a 500 sol fee

6. Peruvian soccer/football/futbol is slacking

Quiero Mota
The U.S. of A.

1: Gas prices

2: The removal of "under God" in The Pledge of Alleigiance

3: Foriegn car companies

4: Politicians who send 18-year-old kids to die for bullshit reasons, yet they never had to see combat in Viet Nam because of their rich daddies.

5: Racism

cking
1. the politicians who run the government.

2. rich people who take advantage of the lower working class.

3. gas prices a never ending story here.

4. the overuse of welfare/food stamps.

5. horrible drivers that have no business driving and old people who never turn on their signal when turning.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by cking

5. horrible drivers that have no business driving and old people who never turn on their signal when turning.

thumb up

My already short temper gets even shorter when I see what you just described on the road.

diddly-dum
to many to say

Brit_chick
Originally posted by Leo.M
1) Bush is the president
2) Bush is the president
3) Bush is the president
4) Bush is the president

and 5

Blair is up Bushs arse to the ankles x 5

Bush is the president

KharmaDog
That's because he doesn't really live in Canada.

Are we in the presence of another WhoB sock?

lord xyz
UK 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest.

1. Retards who say 'f' instead of 'th'
2. John Prescott
3. Wales and Scotland think they're better than England, even though they really aren't.
4. Northern Ireland
5. We care more about the US instead of the EC.

lord xyz
Are we in the presence of another WhoB sock? Dude, I've been sayind that sinse the beginning, why don't you ever listen to me?

Lumanix
1. Oil-Based Economy
2. Pedophiles
3. Illegal Immigrants
4. Religion in state
5. JacopeX

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lumanix
1. Oil-Based Economy
2. Pedophiles
3. Illegal Immigrants
4. Religion in state
5. JacopeX tohslaugh

Bardock42
1. Drugs are illegal
2. A huge and unaffordable welfare system for the unemployed and elders.
3. Too little money for education
4. Ridiculous subventions.
5. Lack of a true liberal majority

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't live in England anymore, but the reasons why I left are as follows:

- It's ridiculously expensive.

- The weather is generally terribly shit.

- The NHS is a bunch of shit.

- There are too many stupid people. Especially those who frequent pubs on a Friday and Saturday night. "Ugh, I can't find a girl, so I might as well look for a fight..." - Yeah, good thinking.

- Apart from London, the food is pretty awful. Really. Fish and chips? Why is there no flavour? Oh, right...just add some salt and vinegar. Mmm, delicious.

- Asia is so far away.

Bad things about my adopted home of Taiwan:

- The standard of driving. It really is awful.

- I can't read The Guardian as I eat my breakfast.

- Being called a 'wei-guo ren' ('foreigner') everyday.

- Large-sized condoms are expensive.

- If I want to buy some lesser known album, I have to buy it on Amazon.

- The police will try and call you in if you are surfing when the waves are big. Really.

- Some independent movies aren't released here.

Bardock42
Someone can't count to five it seems...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why bind my thoughts with a quantity that bears no meaning to the discussion?

amity75
Scotland =
1. Neds
2. The Daily Record
3. The Weather
4. Jack McConnell
5. Franz Ferdinand

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why bind my thoughts with a quantity that bears no meaning to the discussion?

The answer is beaver, what was the question again?

dhong
Philippines

1.] The people of our country doesn't love our country nearly enough. Sure we brag any little thing that has to do with our country but that's it.

2.] Crab mentality.

3.] We were colonized so many friggin times it got us all confused and gave us identity problems.

First it was the Spanish, then the Americans, then the Japanese, then the Americans again.

4.] The people's ignorance.

5.] Incompetent leaders.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The answer is beaver, what was the question again?

The question was 'What makes you have such a sloppy mouth?', what was the answer again?

Bardock42
The question was 'What makes you have such a sloppy mouth?', what was the answer again?

The answer is "I won the world cup", what was the question again?

The Pict
SCOTLAND:
Junkies
Football Thugs
Thugs in general who'll jump you for no reason
The fact that other people ignore our countries achievements
Scots who know nothing of our history

jaden101
the UK

1: High taxes
2: over saturation of reality tv
3: Neds/Chavs
4: Students (even though i am one)
5: the fact that all city centres are identical

tabby999

So what? Australias still part of the commonwealth but we're our own country. How much sway does the queen have on our decisions/way of life. None. Do people around the world consider us our own nation? Yeah. Just because the English are your monarchs dosn't mean much, they colonised most of the Western World. Sure america "fought for its freedom" but at this point, are the decisions made in England totally boning the Canadian people? No. As for the fact you think its "whimpy" just because its ruled by a women not a "man/king," you realise that makes you a complete jackass, dont you. Actually...no i dont think you do.

Quiero Mota

It's ridiculously expensive.

- The weather is generally terribly shit.

- Apart from London, the food is pretty awful. Really. Fish and chips? Why is there no flavour? Oh, right...just add some salt and vinegar. Mmm, delicious.

Those are the 3 things I disliked about England the most when I was there, carnal.

It is pretty expensive, ey. You're right about the weather too; sunshine is practically non-existant and being from Arizona I'm used to the complete opposite. And the food is very plain, especially to someone who was raised eating Mexican food all their life.

The thinker
South Africa

1) Rape

2) Aids

3) Racism

4) Poverty

5) Robbery

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The answer is "I won the world cup", what was the question again?

The question was "Who is the greatest semen swallower in all the known world?".

I don't need to know the answer again, thanks. Eww...

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Those are the 3 things I disliked about England the most when I was there, carnal.

It is pretty expensive, ey. You're right about the weather too; sunshine is practically non-existant and being from Arizona I'm used to the complete opposite. And the food is very plain, especially to someone who was raised eating Mexican food all their life.

Yeah, those are probably the top 3 things I dislike the most.

The price of everything is ridiculous. A crappy 5 hour train ride for a journey that takes 3 hours by car costs about 70GBP ($140)! That's just silly money.

As for the weather, I was back there for the month of July, and I was so surprised that it only rained once! The rest of the time was clear blue skies. If it was like that more consistently, I'd consider moving back, but I know I was just lucky.

Finally, after living in Asia for the last 4 years, I found the food back in England to be appallingly bad in general; it was fatty, had no taste, looked crap, and was - again - expensive. I had some good meals at some nice restaurants, but everyday food choices were terrible.

Capt_Fantastic
Are we in the presence of another WhoB sock?

Oh yes.

rooobarbcustard
Their beer is better too. German beer is the only beer I have ever been able to stomach. I'm strictly a vodka man, typically.

Vodka is from Russia.

Anyways since I live in America.

Here's my 5 dislikes about it.

1) Politics
2) Bush
3) Hippies
4) Rednecks
5) Bush

lord xyz
I'm not very good at labeling bad things about the UK, so someone else can name bad things about the UK for me. smile

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by rooobarbcustard
Vodka is from Russia.

Thanks, I know.

Lord Urizen
1) Ultra Conservatives
2) Radical Liberals
3) Bush Administation
4) Spyware
5) You have to pay for porn. no

Frigid Soul
Japan

- The whole Kawai subculture and those dumb girls who wear fairy costumes and cat ears on their heads

- Pokemon freaks

- The Yakuza

- Tokyoites

- Something that I don't necessarily hate but can't understand is why country music is so popular in Japan messed

Rogue Jedi
USA

-we have a habit of travelling the world, flexing our might

-taxes

-sending young men, 18 and 19 years old, overseas to fight our wars

-impossibly difficult immigration laws

-too many rich people. the expansion between rich and poor people grows daily. most people cannot even retire at 65 anymore

amity75
Scotland:
1. The whole "Whit school did ye go tae" thing.
2. The Broons and Oor Wullie not being nearly as funny as they used to be.
3. Men in their 40's wearing football tops.
4. Radio Clyde.
5. Corrupt Labour run local councils.

Rogue Jedi
-big trucks that guzzle gas
-cow patties
-lowfat yogurt
-diet soda
-marijuana being illegal

Quiero Mota
-big trucks that guzzle gas
-cow patties