Whats the truth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Souer
People keep going on about read this book and this book says this, but how much faith can we have on the books?

I read Tales of the Bounty Hunters or something like that and in it, it discrubes Boba Fett in detail. However in EP2 his back story is completley different. So does this mean that all the Books are wrong?

Morridini
When I read the books and find something contradicting the movies I just change what I've read a bit so that it fits with the movies. But as for something as complex as Boba I would suggest that u should look at the version u like the most as the truth.

Sorgo
Yes AND no. Don't ask me to get into it. I have work in fifteen minutes.

Revan Souer
It seems so wierd that Boba was meet to be a Fatherless red hair child who has his mothers hair on his shoulder in the book as it seems he does in ep5 and 6 but in the flim his a motherless clone. Also in the book he escapes the MIght Zarlak and him and Han Solo kill each other which is just so cool that he kills Han. But the film has now messed that up as its nothing like the book, damn you GL.

Fishy
When a book contradicts the movies the entire book can be disgarded because its fake.

When a book does not everything in it is real, whether we like it or not.

Ushgarak
Yes, it's not weird at all; the EU writers were writing in an alternate reality which was then completely trounced over by GL's offical version- that is the risk all EU writers take.

Fishy
ESpecially when you write about OT things before the PT was out... A lot of things couldn't be known about back then, so its not strange that it contradicts the movies in a lot of places.

Spelljammer
Lucas is the creator, and therfore EU is to him as DBGT was to Akira Toyimara.

I am however pissed off at Georgy for making Star Wars rpgs that though are fun, descriptive, and nice.. Are far too technologicaly matienance required. I have a brand new Emachines and I still get raped everytime I play that damn game. It's annoying as ****. I know they feel compelled to "advance" their games with technology to keepup with the competion, but they're assholes, this is STAR WARS were talking about! Fans would by Star Wars games even if it was on an Atari 2600 level of gaming!

They could've made the game just as fun, if not funner by putting it on a 32-bit system. This would've actually been better cause without all that stupid "3D realistic" shit they could've spent more time on making the game more indepth roleplaying..

But I heard from somebody else that George Lucas is not responsible for the idiocy that comes from Lucas Arts. So I'll wait before I start sending horse heads to him..

fallenjedi
books vs movies. well as an avid fan of both I have to say that whatwver makes the most sense. The books do an amazing job of keeping up an ever increasing cronology. The movies... not so much. You can find literally dozens of "what the's", or "well that just doesn't add up's" in the movies, not so much in the books, and there's only 6 movies. there are over 70 books to date and a whole slew of comics, and no stepped on feet. So you realy have to ask yourself which you preffer. Plus George Lucas is smoking wet to put in some of the crap he does. The books have only tried to compensate for his screwball antics since the prequils have come out. Furthermore, if Mr. Lucas picked up even one of the OFFICIAL Guides to the Star Wars Universe books out there, most of these problems would have not occured. Please keep in mind that the prequils were not written in the 70's, but over the last decade.

Darth Faunus
Lucas IS the Official Guide to Star Wars, genius. He created the damn thing, so what he says goes. End of story.

Tangible God
The movies, no matter how much one might disagree with them, are absolutely canon. The whole thing began with the movies and are affiliated with them one way or another, it all revolves around the movies, as they are public to everyone as a huge blockbuster chronical. If there are two different sides to a story then the movie side wins out automatically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.