Secrets of the Sentry Revealed!!! (Contains Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos

yahman

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by yahman
Isn't the Void technically Sentry ?

Yes, he is. So I'm clueless as to how he's able to attack people if he's just a subconscious manifestation from the Sentry.

The fight scenes were NICE! The Void takes three different giant forms during the book. The first one was on fire or composed of solid fire with giant (pre cut off) Hellboy horns and a firey axe in each hand. It reminded me of the Balrog from Lord of the Rings. The second form was a giant naked fat fleshcolored creature with a mouth that opened sideways instead of up and down. The inside of it's mouth was like that of a sharks, with rows of teeth. The final form reminded me of a giant mutated Doomsday!

yahman
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Yes, he is. So I'm clueless as to how he's able to attack people if he's just a subconscious manifestation from the Sentry.

The fight scenes were NICE! The Void takes three different giant forms during the book. The first one was on fire or composed of solid fire with giant (pre cut off) Hellboy horns and a firey axe in each hand. It reminded me of the Balrog from Lord of the Rings. The second form was a giant naked fat fleshcolored creature with a mouth that opened sideways instead of up and down. The inside of it's mouth was like that of a sharks, with rows of teeth. The final form reminded me of a giant mutated Doomsday!

How can the void have all these powers, if he's just the Sentry ?

I mean the ? Handbook suggests that Sentrys only powers are Super strength, Invunerability and Flight.

BlaqChaos

I mean the ? Handbook suggests that Sentrys only powers are Super strength, Invunerability and Flight.

My only guess would be that it has something to do with Mastermind's ability to make people see, smell, hear, taste, and feel anything he wants. I don't know if part of him imprinted onto Sentry, or something else, but I'm almost certain that it has something to do with Mastermind.

Marvelgeek
Sorry to potentially burst your bubble, but The general died in that past event in The Sentry/X-men #1 (the one comic my buddies bought me as a birthday gift). Killed by accident Angel. He seemed weird, archenemy of Sentry and used miniature robo-versions of like tanks and helicopters and threatened France with nuclear disaster. This is what Archangel said about him:

"The GENERAL... How Long has it been since you heard THAT name? Last you heard, that crazy old duffer was hiding out in Europe somewhere.
He was an old arch-enemy of the Sentry's who'd surface occacionally whenever he figured it was his turn to take over the world. The General used to pop up like a bad penny, bent on eradicating his so-called "enimies of the state." Basically, that meant EVERYONE, especially communists and democrats. He had all these wild gadgets--miniturized armies that he'd developed for the military before he went mad. The old guy was always a real HANDFUL. For some reason he had a particular thing for the FRENCH."

Huh... maybe he just faked his death then cus of what archangel said above. He seemed really dead though ("I... I can't believe he's DEAD--"wink. But whatever. This is how he looked:

yahman
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
Sorry to potentially burst your bubble, but The general died in that past event in The Sentry/X-men #1 (the one comic my buddies bought me as a birthday gift). Killed by accident Angel. He seemed weird, archenemy of Sentry and used miniature robo-versions of like tanks and helicopters and threatened France with nuclear disaster. This is what Archangel said about him:

"The GENERAL... How Long has it been since you heard THAT name? Last you heard, that crazy old duffer was hiding out in Europe somewhere.
He was an old arch-enemy of the Sentry's who'd surface occacionally whenever he figured it was his turn to take over the world. The General used to pop up like a bad penny, bent on eradicating his so-called "enimies of the state." Basically, that meant EVERYONE, especially communists and democrats. He had all these wild gadgets--miniturized armies that he'd developed for the military before he went mad. The old guy was always a real HANDFUL. For some reason he had a particular thing for the FRENCH."

Huh... maybe he just faked his death then cus of what archangel said above. He seemed really dead though ("I... I can't believe he's DEAD--"wink. But whatever. This is how he looked:

What about Doom instead ??????????? Infact thinking about it, that sounds a bit silly. He wouldn't be too happy abot keeping it all a secret.
smile big grin

BlaqChaos
Yeah, as egotistical as Doom is, he would've had it writen on the moon with a giant laser that he beat the Sentry. Hmm... the General's hat doesn't look like the sihlouette of the hat I saw. The one I saw looked more like the hat worn by the Red Skull. I wonder if the Professor's formula that created the Sentry can be traced back to the Supersoldier program...

There is the possibility it's still the General. After all, at one point or another, almost half the characters we discuss here on these forums was declared dead for a time. Hell, I garentee that by 2010 (if the world hasn't spontaniously ended) Thor, Jean Grey, Apocalypse, Hawkeye, and Vision will be alive again.

Marvelgeek

BlaqChaos

Marvelgeek
Hell, they had a lot of people believing that there was going to be a crossover between the Ultimate Universe and 616 Universe in the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four. True, instead it turned out to be Zooooooombiiiies! stick out tongue

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
True, instead it turned out to be Zooooooombiiiies! stick out tongue

BRAAAIIIINNNSSSS!!!! (Or rather, in this case) BLOOOODDDD!!!

8bitChris
haha yeah, I bought Ultimate FF 21 to see the big "Cross-over" and laughed when I got to the last page.

Those dastardly writers.

Juntai
So he's basically like the guy the JLA forgot too?

BlaqChaos
Who? Miricleman?

yahman
Yeah, as egotistical as Doom is, he would've had it writen on the moon with a giant laser that he beat the Sentry. Hmm... the General's hat doesn't look like the sihlouette of the hat I saw. The one I saw looked more like the hat worn by the Red Skull. I wonder if the Professor's formula that created the Sentry can be traced back to the Supersoldier program...

There is the possibility it's still the General. After all, at one point or another, almost half the characters we discuss here on these forums was declared dead for a time. Hell, I garentee that by 2010 (if the world hasn't spontaniously ended) Thor, Jean Grey, Apocalypse, Hawkeye, and Vision will be alive again.

big grin
Moohahahahah Mohahahaha

I plan to construct a giant 'laser' big grin

Juntai
Who? Miricleman?
No the guy who came back pissed as hell because he became lost and forgotten. He was considered the greatest hero Earth ever had, including Superman. He beat the holy shit out of all the JLA, they didn't even stand a chance, till Spectre showed up to judge him, and turned him into a block of ice. I can't think of his name offhand, I'm stoned.

Juntai
Aha, I remembered, TRIUMPH.

DigiMark007
I love random theories. My favorite Sentry theory floating around right now is that Sentry is really just a brainwashed Thor, or that he's part of Scarlet Witch's illusion powers. Both preposterous but fun.

manjaro
man you just know that of all ppl spiderman would find a way to slink his bitvh ass influence in there somewherebig grin

Sentry

What the handbook also doesn't say is what rank his mental powers are. Like I said before, he also has powers that are probably telepathy/telekinesis based. Look at what JW says:

He already had a powerful mind to begin with, with JW's influence, it manifested itself as self pity, loneliness, fear, which became the Void and materialized.

Finally Bendis has stuck some action in one of books. Those fight scenes were cool. You seen that group getting their ass whipped. Would have been good if he added in a bit more, but that's okay.

yahman
Originally posted by Sentry
What the handbook also doesn't say is what rank his mental powers are. Like I said before, he also has powers that are probably telepathy/telekinesis based. Look at what JW says:

He already had a powerful mind to begin with, with JW's influence, it manifested itself as self pity, loneliness, fear, which became the Void and materialized.

Finally Bendis has stuck some action in one of books. Those fight scenes were cool. You seen that group getting their ass whipped. Would have been good if he added in a bit more, but that's okay.

When its says strong mind i think that it means strong 'will' E.G. like Superman. And T.K. and telepathic skills would give him a higher energy projection rating. E.G. most of the first class telepaths have a 5/7 raiting.

Sentry
When its says strong mind i think that it means strong 'will' E.G. like Superman. And T.K. and telepathic skills would give him a higher energy projection rating. E.G. most of the first class telepaths have a 5/7 raiting.

Read the Sentry comics. Look at what he does to the Hulk. Look how he communicates via telepathy with Xavier.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry
Read the Sentry comics. Look at what he does to the Hulk. Look how he communicates via telepathy with Xavier.
laughing out loud that was his golden aura with the hulk, Xavier does that with everyone big grin

BlaqChaos
See, I knew he was behind this! And Sentry does have strong psychic abilities.

Trence
Well After New Avengers #10, how do you see the old Sentry Mini-Series and his current origin fit together?

Draco69
Apparently Terrax lost his cosmic powers awhile ago...so the victory isn't as impressive.

Trence
Does anyone understand how the Paul Jenkins mini series ties in to his origin now? Apparently he didn't use CLOC to make people forget about him? Did he do it himself?

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by Trence
Does anyone understand how the Paul Jenkins mini series ties in to his origin now? Apparently he didn't use CLOC to make people forget about him? Did he do it himself?
Yes. Pre-crisis Superman level strength wasn't enough, now he's a more powerful telepath than Xavier. Happy Dance

Check out the man's Wikipedia entry.

With Marvel dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's.

I hope it's revealed his powers don't actually come from the serum. I find it rather....odd that a serum made on Earth could put one on the level of Phoenix.

long pig
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Yes. Pre-crisis Superman level strength wasn't enough, now he's a more powerful telepath than Xavier. Happy Dance

Check out the man's Wikipedia entry.

With Marvel dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's.

I hope it's revealed his powers don't actually come from the serum. I find it rather....odd that a serum made on Earth could put one on the level of Phoenix.

Yup. I still don't think Sentry is above Surfer.

long pig
Terrax did lose the power cosmic, but gained a lot more from absorbing the god of stone malkoth<sp?> and got Morg's nifty cosmic axe.

Still, he isn't Surfer level, but....close?

<secretly hopes Sentry is above Surfer level.....but doubts it sad>

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Terrax did lose the power cosmic, but gained a lot more from absorbing the god of stone malkoth<sp?> and got Morg's nifty cosmic axe.

Still, he isn't Surfer level, but....close?

<secretly hopes Sentry is above Surfer level.....but doubts it sad>

Have faith in the Golden Guardian. He will be what he's made out to be.

At least telepathy isn't wasted on someone who talks to fishes. laughing

BlaqChaos
Yes, he is above SS. Why? Because Marvel has declared it so. It doesn't matter if they actually show it or not. In the MU, Marvel's word is law. The Sentry mini-series still took place. There are two Paul Jenkins. One in our reality that actually exist, and one in the 616 MU. Sentry did wipe out everyone's memory of him, just like what was seen in the mini-series. Bendis and Jenkins explained it all in Wizard interviews.

Trence
What issue of Wizard was this interview in?

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Trence
What issue of Wizard was this interview in? Oh, you're going to make me did that up now? It's in one of the last four issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.