ROTS Darth Sidious and ROTS Darth Vader vs. ROTS Mace Windu and ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Faunus
Hasn't yet been done, I'm sure. Who else could birth such genius? smile

Takes place in the Senate Chamber.

Fishy
Hmm two fights that have been done already...

I imagine that Sidious would sitll overestimate himself and underestimate Mace in this fight and Anakin would still think he is everything. Both of them will make a mistake, Sidious a lot faster then Anakin.

Mace will kill Sidious while Obi Wan keeps Anakin bussy, after that Mace and Obi Wan will finish Anakin. Jedi win.

Darth Faunus
And Fishy, in fights with multiple beings, you have to take into account the level of cooperation, coordination, etc. If I answered every thread like you did this one, Janus' PT Jedi vs. PT Sith thread would have been three fights done multiple times.

Meh, back on topic.

With the environmental factor, this fight should be interesting. . .

Luke Is Better
i think that sids beats mace considerin that he's not tryin to turn anakin this time so he beats mace and then trys to go find obi-wan and anakin cause they've fought so hard and so long that they're like 5 miles away and then then obi-wan kills anakin sids then underestamates obi-wan and loses lol j/k sids beats him

Darth Faunus
The environment, people. So far no one's taken it into consideration. Although I edited it after Fishy's post. . .

Luke Is Better
o ok i didn't c that i think everythings true till obi-wan vs. sids where i think obi-wan would b able to mayb pull it off like it just seems like he'd do something smart that would make him able to beat him like when sids throws a platform that obi would throw his lightsaber conderin that sids is usin all his power to hurl the platform as far and fast that he couldn't stop the light saber idk though

Captain REX
Sidious is a better swordsman than Mace and Obi-Wan, and Anakin is better than Obi-Wan.

I won't go into the 'Sids faked it!' argument, because that's what I believe, but no one else really seems to care anymore. And Anakin was better than Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan got himself into a good position and ended it.

So, I'd hand this to the Sith.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
And Fishy, in fights with multiple beings, you have to take into account the level of cooperation, coordination, etc. If I answered every thread like you did this one, Janus' PT Jedi vs. PT Sith thread would have been three fights done multiple times.

Meh, back on topic.

With the environmental factor, this fight should be interesting. . .

Right but Sidious and Vader will suck at working together. Mace and Obi would be better slightly, at least probably.

Now with the added envirement, Sidious beats Mace in a reasonable time. The second he would get pushed back he would launch in the air take the advantage and take care of Mace like that. And not just Mace he would use the same attacks on Obi Wan. Sidious is powerful enough to do it. Obi Wan and Mace are at a judge disadvantage here, because neither of them are as powerful in the force as Sidious is. Anakin isn't weak with the force either and would probably try to use it to, although the scale on which Sidious uses it would be to hard for him to master.

Once Mace is out which shouldn't take to long Obi Wan dies too.

Darth Faunus
I agree, although I don't think Mace will be taken out in moments. He's no pushover in terms of power. He's no Yoda, but I don't think he could be any less than 80% of Yoda and still be considered so powerful. He could probably hold off Sidious for a bit, keeping him from getting to a better position, although for how long I cannot say.

Fishy
Well not to long, it wouldn't go fast maybe a few minutes but thats it. All Mace has to do is push Sidious in a bad situation, if he doesn't finish it there and then he has about two more minutes to live. At least thats what I think I could be wrong with the time but the outcome will remain the same.

Darth Faunus
Perhaps. . . But I don't think that putting the Emperor in a bad situation is gonna play against Mace. I get your meaning, but I still say that Windu could hold off the Emperor for a few minutes, saberfest or Force battle. Although if it comes down to a battle of the Force, Mace is pretty much screwed.

Fishy
Yeah but thats why its going to hurt Mace.

Sidious lost the first duel between the two of them not because he was weaker but because he relied on his lightsaber instead of the force. If Sidious sees the possibility of lose he will try to get an advantage.

If he does not yet see it he will most likely continue the fight unless Anakin gets into trouble. So I don't think the fight will end until either Sidious or Anakin gets into trouble in which case Sidious will try to end the fight as fast as he can and he will probably succeed.

Darth Faunus
Reminds me, we still haven't considered the Obi vs. Anakin duel here. . .

Fishy
Well thats becuase it will take a shit load of time, and it will be a long time before either one of them gets an advantage (most likely Obi Wan) but I think that Mace will be dead by that time anyways.

Darth Faunus
Probably.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Fishy
Hmm two fights that have been done already...

I imagine that Sidious would sitll overestimate himself and underestimate Mace in this fight and Anakin would still think he is everything. Both of them will make a mistake, Sidious a lot faster then Anakin.

Mace will kill Sidious while Obi Wan keeps Anakin bussy, after that Mace and Obi Wan will finish Anakin. Jedi win.
couldnt be said any better

darthsith19
Sidious beats Mace at the same time Obi beats Vader. Then Obi and Sidious duel. Sidious wins (of course)

Darth Faunus
Doubt that. . . both of the last two posts.

Darth_Janus
Hm. Sidious has the advantage of the backdrop, but I don't buy that he's superior to Mace Windu or Yoda in lightsaber combat. According to the script, Yoda was able to put Sidious' lightsaber out of hand, and Mace disarmed Sidious relatively quick. Sidious' only real chance here is to make use of the pods and play frisbee god, but Mace is in much better shape than Yoda was, and can perhaps keep up. In any case, I don't see Mace using the Force anywhere near what Yoda uses, so if Mace were to lose his lightsaber, he would not be able to counter Sidious' Sith lightning, nor would he be able to finish the duel. An ideal situation, really, would be something like this:

Mace and Obi-Wan enter the Chancellor's chambers, just below the Senate Chamber. Sidious rises and taunts them, and Anakin draws his blade. Anakin leaps over the desk and attacks Obi-Wan directly, while Sidious unleashes lightning on Mace. Mace struggles to defend it, and meanwhile Obi-Wan, on the defensive already, will backpedal with Anakin in tow, pressing the offensive. Hre comes assumption one- can Mace overcome Sidious' Force powered advantage from across the room? If he can, he can close the distance. If he does this, Sidious is dead; I don't care who tries to sell it to me, Mace schooled Sidious in lightsaber combat, and Yoda did too. That up close and personal, Mace has more expertise and advantage, along with more physical strength. If Sidious tries his lightning again, it will only hurt him. Sidious would die in this scenario... IF Mace can close that gap. If Mace can't, Sidious has control of the rules of engagement. I personally think Mace's resolve and willpower would enable him to overcome Sidious' Force powers, but I'd be lying if I said this wouldn't be damn hard. This isn't the office; Sidious isn't on his back and defenseless save for his lightning.

Now, as for Anakin versus Obi-Wan, this fight could rage on for quite some time. Anakin is marginally the better duellist, and the hatred guiding his saber would aid him greatly. There is a chance he could overcome Obi-wan, but not initially. Even if Anakin kills Obi-Wan in the hallway or another chamber, this fight relies on Mace being able to pummel Sidious. If Sidious takes out Mace, then the fight is won- Obi-Wan cannot kill Sidious without a gunship at the very least. If Anakin kills Obi-Wan but Mace kills Sidious, the young former jedi is as good as screwed. He can't contend with Mace's talents.

Darth Faunus
Agreed. Although the course of battle would change dramatically if any of the combatants were to make to the podium and into the massive chamber. That'd be a fight to see.

Darth_Janus
Sidious would be able to use the pods effectively, but without being cut down? Mace's style is markedly more effective against Sidious than Yoda's was.

Darth Faunus
Crap, I guess my last post was cut. . .

He may be able to Janus; I wouldn't put it past him. But Mace could likely stand up to him, even if it came down to a Pod-Chucking contest. Not only is his saber style more effective, but he's markedly more aggressive than Yoda as well. Instead of dodging around, he'd probably throw a few of his own, although he can't match up to Sidious perfectly in that aspect.

Darth_Janus
It'd be nice if Mace actually used the Force for something besides just being a pimp ass blaster bolt blocker and slayer of men in helmets.

Darth Faunus
Right? I mean he's completely badass in AOTC, moreso than any other Jedi save for Yoda, but he doesn't even let out a teensy Force Push, while the others do like there's no tomorrow. Damn you Jackson.

Darth Somebody
Do we have a proper estimate on how powerful Mace is with the Force?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Do we have a proper estimate on how powerful Mace is with the Force?

Nope, so for all we know, he has the Force powers of a Youngling. Hahaha!

Rand al'Thor
*feels the urge to post a pic*

I told you Osama was evil!

Darth Somebody
Time to respond to this duel.

We've seen Mace take out Sidious on even ground - during the duel in Revenge of the Sith. I still am adamant in the sense that Mace is NOT the superior duelist. He did not outmaneuver Sidious with his blade. He won the fight, fair and square, but used a kick. This doesn't, I don't care WHAT you say, make him the better duelist. However, a kick is a kick, and a fight is a fight.

Mace is the superior fighter. He's more aggressive than both Sidious and Yoda, and looks to neutralize his opponent as soon as possible. But, we do know that Sidious did NOT use the Force until Mace knocked him on his ass. And judging from the struggle Mace had to keep Sidious's Force lightning at bay, I don't think he was a match for him in Force powers.

Sidious has the advantage here - in the Senate arena. He can chuck pods with ease. Movie evidence has displayed that he is immensely powerful with the Force - capable of lifting multiple pods in the air simultaneously.

If Sidious keeps his distance, uses his terrain, and uses his superior Force powers - he will beat Mace Windu. No question about it. But if he is overconfidant, and tries to take Windu out with a saber, there is a great chance he may lose.

And then you have Anakin and Obi-Wan. This is a far closer match than Sidious vs Mace. Anakin, to me, is undisciplined and inexperienced when compared to Obi-Wan, who is far more conditioned at battling Sith and using his opponents weaknesses against them. But, he possesses FAR much more endurance and raw power - which Obi-Wan simply can't compete with.

During the duel on Mustafar, you see that Obi-Wan and Anakin are equally matched. Obi-Wan's level-headedness, experience, and patience contrast wildly with Anakin's power, aggression, and strength. Yet both manage to keep up for each-other, blow for blow.

Obi-Wan moves to the higher ground. Ala Sidious, Anakin's arrogance got the better of him - not any real inferiority. Obi-Wan won the duel. But like with Mace, not out of any superior talent. Just superior patience.

On even ground, this would be hard. But Anakin may make the same mistake again. If he does, he's toast. If he's not, I say he wins in the end.

Darth Faunus
Hmm. It'd probably be easier for Obi-Wan to trick Anakin here than Mustafar most likely. . . Perhaps ripping a pod out from under Anakin's feet. The possibilities are endless in this arena.

Tiberius
SITH

Darth Faunus
SCRAM! Give reasons.

Lord Janus
No, it's SPAM. And ignore him. He knows nothing.

Darth Faunus
'SCRAM' as in go away. But SPAM works too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.