Obi-Wan vs. Emperor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Okay, we all know if they fought in episode 3 Palpatine would have won, but what about Obi-Wan (ROTS) vs. Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)? I'm sure by ROTJ Palpatine would be slower than Obi-Wan, proabably a weaker dueler, I'd say, not sure about Force powers, Palpatine'd still probably win in that category, I'd say, but overall I'd put my money on Obi-Wan.

Darth Faunus
Why do you bother with these. . . ? Palpatine. Simple Force attacks. . .

Darth_Glentract
I think he was still very powerful. It has been shown that age matter little in the SW universe among beings with the force. He may have gotten a little weaker, but not much. Yoda also says that, "Strong enough to defeat Palpatine, you will never be." I think that pretty much sums up this fight, although Yoda probably didn't consider Obi-wan going 23 years into the future to fight Palpatine. If he was able to but out a lightsaber he would probably win.

Darth Faunus
Where are you getting "you will never be"? It's "Strong enough to defeat the Emperor, you are not."

And even in his 80's, Sidious could likely hang with Obi-Wan with a saber. . .

Darth_Glentract
Straight quote from the ep3 book. Right from Yoda's mouth.

Pg. 379, "Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be."

Darth Faunus
Straight from the movie: "Strong enough to defeat the Emperor, you are not."

The book messes with lines for a better read. . . But when it contradicts the movies, it's wrong.

Darth_Glentract
can you upload a movie quote? just kidding. I didn't know it went against the movie. (damn Matthew Stover for fu,cking up the book so much.

Darth Nhilus
Palpatine could still take him. Obi wan did get much better but sidious could probably take him out both ways, force and lightsaber combat.

ESB-1138
Look. Yoda had no clue how strong Sidious was. Yoda knew he had 1 shoot and 1 shoot only to defeat the Emperor. So who to send? Obi-Wan or Yoda?

Darth Nhilus
He did know that he was the best choice, being more powerful and experienced fighting sith and dark jedi then obi wan. I think I wouldv'e sent yoda, even if I didn't know he was the better choice.

ESB-1138
Yoda is stronger then Obi-Wan and Yoda knew Obi could defeat Anakin. So why take the risk?

Sorgo
Originally posted by ESB-1138
Yoda is stronger then Obi-Wan and Yoda knew Obi could defeat Anakin. So why take the risk?

Yoda still lost.

ESB-1138
Obi wouldn't have done better.

Sorgo
Obi wouldn't have done better.

You cannot say that. We never saw them fight.

ESB-1138
Obi can't jump as fast as Yoda and he wouldn't have been able to share that little platform thingy with Sidious. There would be no room until Sidious jumped off.

Sorgo
Obi can't jump as fast as Yoda and he wouldn't have been able to share that little platform thingy with Sidious. There would be no room until Sidious jumped off.

Who says he would have even gone up there during the fight?

ESB-1138
Why wouldn't Sidious? Up in the senate room he can use the field to win.

Darth Somebody
Yoda is credited for immense wisdom, and many of you defend it in the end. Obi-Wan could not take Palpatine. Palpatine is the superior duelist and by far - the superior Force user.

Yoda said he'd never take Sidious, hence why Yoda didn't send him. If you're going on, "Well, they've never fought before," then don't go to this damn forum. You're basing 95 percent of the duels in this forum on speculation.

So, Sorgo, you - who seems to be definate that Dooku would defeat Sidious or Yoda or whomever - need to realize that this is ALL speculation.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Yoda is credited for immense wisdom, and many of you defend it in the end. Obi-Wan could not take Palpatine. Palpatine is the superior duelist and by far - the superior Force user.

Yoda said he'd never take Sidious, hence why Yoda didn't send him. If you're going on, "Well, they've never fought before," then don't go to this damn forum. You're basing 95 percent of the duels in this forum on speculation.

So, Sorgo, you - who seems to be definate that Dooku would defeat Sidious or Yoda or whomever - need to realize that this is ALL speculation.

Oh god, not another newb flying at me with ROTS Book information! Yikes!

The ROTS book is nothing. It should ceaste to exist because it has no say over anything. In the movie Yoda didn't say "never" so that leaves the "speculation" that Kenobi could one day face and defeat Palpatine.

95%? Incorrect once again, my friend.

I have noticed that all you do on this forum is run around throwing around obvious factors and contradicting yourself like a mad gerbil.

So, Darth Somebody, you need to realize that anything can happen on the battlefield, and all the versus threadage be on the basis pilliage of speculation, you seething fruit!

Darth Somebody
At least I can admit when my personal favorite character - Sidious - can lose. To you, Dooku and Obi-Wan can take anyone. Except Obi-Wan can't take Dooku, because he's god to you.

MORE evidence supports Palpatine than Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan doesn't compete with Sidious in the Force, and I doubt he'd do it now - in saber ability, either.

So suck it up and take it. No one in their right mind believes Obi-Wan can take Sidious. You, of course, in love with Ewan MacGregor think otherwise.

Damn. I KNOW and TELL people often Sidious isn't god - and I could tell you Dooku would give him hell in a fight, Yoda would beat him, and Mace would also give him hell.

To YOU - Dooku and Obi-Wan own ANY one and EVERY one.

Darth Somebody
Nevermind. Sorry, Sorgo. Not even YOU deserve the insults - even though you gave them to me. Sorry, I just tend to get a little mad.

Sorgo
At least I can admit when my personal favorite character - Sidious - can lose. To you, Dooku and Obi-Wan can take anyone. Except Obi-Wan can't take Dooku, because he's god to you.

MORE evidence supports Palpatine than Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan doesn't compete with Sidious in the Force, and I doubt he'd do it now - in saber ability, either.

So suck it up and take it. No one in their right mind believes Obi-Wan can take Sidious. You, of course, in love with Ewan MacGregor think otherwise.

Damn. I KNOW and TELL people often Sidious isn't god - and I could tell you Dooku would give him hell in a fight, Yoda would beat him, and Mace would also give him hell.

To YOU - Dooku and Obi-Wan own ANY one and EVERY one.

A poor assumption coming from a mere child. And if you aren't a child, it is only of that in physical appearance. Your mind is poor and you slobber assumptions all over the place.

Dooku is not god, but he is one of my characters because he is one of the best duelists in the Prequel Trilogy. Everyone has their favorite character for a reason. I know Dooku could lose to Yoda, but to Sidious? No, i don't think so.

Obi Wan could possibly fair in a fight with Sidious in ROTJ because he would be in his prime and his saber skills would be far better. If Sidious had these kick ass saber skills in ROTJ, why didn't he ruin Luke with a Lightsaber? He is too old to use it and too weak in saber skills. In the force, he is extremely powerful, but who says Kenobi wouldn't block it with his saber?

Even if he faced Sidious in ROTS, you don't know the outcome of the fight. Anything can happen on the battlefield.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Sorgo
A poor assumption coming from a mere child.

aren't you fifteen? that means you a child too.

Darth_Janus
Actually, his DOB is 1980.... not 1990.

Darth Faunus
Still, it's just half-ass to think Obi-Wan could possibly defeat the Emperor. . .

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Still, it's just half-ass to think Obi-Wan could possibly defeat the Emperor. . .

No, it isn't. It would be half-ass to think the Emperor could defeat Kenobi. You have never seen them fight. You cannot predict an outcome like that. The Emperor would probably win, but who knows. The emperor isn't so much a fighter when he gets older.

Darth Faunus
Well, look at Dooku. As old in ROTS as Sidious in ROTJ, minus one year, and he can whoop two of the best swordsman in the galaxy simultaneously. One of them being Obi-Wan.

Sorry if I sounded rude previously, but Obi-Wan really doesn't stand much of a chance.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Well, look at Dooku. As old in ROTS as Sidious in ROTJ, minus one year, and he can whoop two of the best swordsman in the galaxy simultaneously. One of them being Obi-Wan.

Sorry if I sounded rude previously, but Obi-Wan really doesn't stand much of a chance.

Hahaha! Sidious has to walk around on a Cane when he is Dooku's age! HAHAHA!

Pwnage.

Rand al'Thor
Obi is owned!

Darth Faunus

Pwnage.

It's to give the image that he's old and weak. Remember, almost no one outside his innermost circle knows that he is a Sith Lord. I thought this was made clear in ROTS. Those who are against him, yet know his secret, such as Bail and the two Jedi, are in no position to reveal Palpatine's secret.

Darth Somebody

Pwnage.

I dunno if this is some ploy to try and insinuate Count Dooku was superior to his MASTER, or genuine sarcasm. But, anyway. Sidious had to maintain a status as a weak old despot. Not many knew of his Dark Side religion and power. As we saw, when he wanted, he could discard the cane. He didn't use it to walk back and forth from the throne room. He didn't use it when walking forward and frying Luke's ass. So we KNOW he doesn't need it.

Also, it has been confirmed on the Star Wars databank - multiple times - that Sidious was so powerful and possessed so much strength in the Dark Side - that the usage of such a connection was extending his life, but destroying his body.

Darth Sparhawk
Well, the Emperor will win, but only barely.

Sorgo
I dunno if this is some ploy to try and insinuate Count Dooku was superior to his MASTER, or genuine sarcasm. But, anyway. Sidious had to maintain a status as a weak old despot. Not many knew of his Dark Side religion and power. As we saw, when he wanted, he could discard the cane. He didn't use it to walk back and forth from the throne room. He didn't use it when walking forward and frying Luke's ass. So we KNOW he doesn't need it.

Also, it has been confirmed on the Star Wars databank - multiple times - that Sidious was so powerful and possessed so much strength in the Dark Side - that the usage of such a connection was extending his life, but destroying his body.

Got any proof that the reason he walked around on a Cane was to keep his weak image?

Or is that "pretty obvious" to you as well?

He was just getting old. Look at Yoda's power, but he still had to walk around on a Cane. Dooku just didn't have to. Not every old person does, but Sidious just had to.

Darth Faunus
It's in the '95 Definitive Guide to Star Wars. And it is rather obvious. . . He's walking on a cane in front of all the troopers and captains and admirals, but when in private, you see him walking around on his own easily.

Darth Nhilus
Sidious lost his lightsaber in the duel with yoda. He used lightning that even yoda had a hard time deflecting. He couldn't of used it against luke.

Darth Faunus
He did. After sufficiently torturing him, that is.

"Now young Jedi *sneers* You will die."

Big ZAP!

But then of course, Vader turned good saves his son's fried ass.

Darth Somebody
Got any proof that the reason he walked around on a Cane was to keep his weak image?

Or is that "pretty obvious" to you as well?

He was just getting old. Look at Yoda's power, but he still had to walk around on a Cane. Dooku just didn't have to. Not every old person does, but Sidious just had to.

Sorgo.

1. He didn't use it in his throne room.

2. He didn't use it when he walked from his throne to observe Vader and Luke fight.

3. He didn't use it when he was frying Luke, encroaching in on him.

So yeah, he didn't need it. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.