Oingo Boingo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tinkerbell668
Who here likes Oingo Boingo?

amity75
I love it/him/her/them blink
OK, I've never heard of them but the very name has made me eager to check them out.

tinkerbell668
hah them, its a old 80's band. They sing Dead Man's Party or the theme song for "Weird Science" If you like Tim Burton, the lead singer Danny Elfman, does close to all of the music for him. He was the singing voice for Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas

nick1811
that is the mentalist name i have ever heard...

amity75
Danny Elfman is their singer? I didn't know THAT! I love his soundtrack stuff and must check them out now.

Imaginary
The name Danny Elfman sounds really familiar... blink

amity75
Originally posted by Imaginary
The name Danny Elfman sounds really familiar... blink He's done the soundtracks for pretty much all of Tim Burtons movies and wrote the theme for The Simpsons. He wrote the score for the Spider-man movies as well. He's like a darker version of John Williams.

tinkerbell668
yeup...its my favorite band ever...just thought i would let other people know about it!

D-Double
Oingo Boingo is tight! eek!

They're so quirky and the actual music is surprisingly masterful. It's kool listening to their old records and hearing bits of score from Pee-Wee's big adventure and Batman... laughing out loud .... Danny Elfman is the man.

tinkerbell668
YAH I know!!! There going to have a tribute to halloween, at least most of the members. They say Danny won't be there but i think he might be there. but yeah if anyones interested in that you can PM me. Anyways....they're such a great band, so quirky and original!!!

StinkFist462
what do you suggest for a first time listener?

tinkerbell668
Umm...well they have their Farewell Tour soundtrack (you can find on iTunes) and it covers all their back bones songs...but not all of their songs are on there...so i guess you should just go for anything you can find!

StinkFist462
k. thanks.

D-Double
Originally posted by StinkFist462
what do you suggest for a first time listener?

The album with a big, happy boyscout on the cover... thumbsup

tinkerbell668
eh yeah...Only a Lad is a good one to start off with too.... big grin

tinkerbell668
so for those of you who do know who they are, whats your favorite song??

kohl
my favourite song has to be "we close our eyes".

tinkerbell668
OH I love that song...so prettyfull....my favorite has to be Stay or Elevator Man...either one of those and then Just Another Day is runner-up...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.