Evil Dead DVD Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I'm trying to order the Evil Dead DVD that has the rubber Book of the Dead case. However, I'm see two different versions and the one I'm unfamiliar with is cheaper and I'm trying to find out the differences and trying to weigh if it is worth it to save some cash on getting one that looks slightly different. Anyway here is the cheaper one:

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/d1/7f/0f_12_sb.JPG

Myth
Btw, that one is listed as "Book Of The Evil Dead DVD Limited Edition Anchor Bay"

The other one seems a little different in color and the positioning of the face on the book seems a little different (I believe this is the normal one):

Myth
One thing I wasn't sure of cover wise, is it possible that the first one is a hard cover and not the skinlike rubber? Because I definitely want it to be the one with the skin texture if the other one is made of something else.

MildPossession
I have the normal Anchor bay limited edition one, that is the original. The one I have is rubber all over and not flat. Bendy stretchy rubber not hard on the one I have.

The second one you put up looks the same as mine but a darker colour, probably the light on yours making it look lighter.

Myth
Ok, I think that the 1st one may just be the European version which I would be cool with.

papabeard

Wolfie
One is the first movie. The grayish one showing the teeth is Evil Dead 2.

WrathfulDwarf
If you haven't...go for the 2pack Especial Edition from Anchor bay. You get both 1 and 2 rubber book covers. It's a good deal.

Myth
Originally posted by Wolfie
One is the first movie. The grayish one showing the teeth is Evil Dead 2.

Yeah, I think I asked that question before part 2 was even released in the Book of the Dead version. I own part 1 and 2 now and got them both pretty cheap, but thanks for the info. I'm just waiting for Army of Darkness in the Book of the Dead version (don't worry, I already have a normal DVD of it as I wait).

Wolfie
laughing out loud I should start reading when posts are made. I didn't realize it was all the way in last September.

I'd probably upgrade if a Book of the Dead AOD came out. I have the Boomstick Edition right now (which is OOP). It's nice, both DC and TC but the packaging isn't great (I don't mean the cover art, that's awesome).

C-Dic
Well, neener neener. I'm in possession of one you guys probably don't have.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/xage00/19_ed.jpg

Blockbuster Exclusive "Evil Dead" (Rental Only) Edition. It's the "Book of the Dead", only in a snapcase with exclusive artwork, available for rent only at Blockbuster. With Blockbuster's "No More Late Fee" gimmick, you rent a movie, you keep it, you get charged for it.

So, in essence, like a few people before me, I got one of the rarest DVD's on Earth for $20. laughing out loud

Nevermind
Originally posted by C-Dic
Well, neener neener. I'm in possession of one you guys probably don't have.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/xage00/19_ed.jpg

Blockbuster Exclusive "Evil Dead" (Rental Only) Edition. It's the "Book of the Dead", only in a snapcase with exclusive artwork, available for rent only at Blockbuster. With Blockbuster's "No More Late Fee" gimmick, you rent a movie, you keep it, you get charged for it.

So, in essence, like a few people before me, I got one of the rarest DVD's on Earth for $20. laughing out loud

Hahaha, that's awesome!

Myth
Was that intentional C-Dic?

C-Dic
I kept it intentionally, yeah, lol. They said I could own it for $15 more, so I am.

tabby999
smart ass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.