When's the last time you thanked the moon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Many people really take it for granted, they just assume it's been Earth's buddy forever. But do you know that if it weren't for the moon, we wouldn't be here today? thumb up

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/nearmoon.htm

Isn't that amazing? That in the unimaginable vastness of space, a perfectly sized planet was on a direct bullseye collision with earth that struck it exactly with the needed force to vaporise the other planet and coincidently create our moon? The very moon that stabilised our planet and made life on earth possible?

The statistics and probabilities are outrageously insane to suggest that these were random chance coincidences.

I really dont see how anyone can deny that there is not intelligence behind the creation of the universe and especially our planet. To assume that life is the result of infinite, impossibly improbable chance coincidences is to ignore common sense and reason.

Our minds cannot possibly phantom that which is truly "god", its certainly not the god described in the holy books. To me god is that indescribable energy which is responsible for the big bang, the physics that govern the universe and the nature that spawned life and its evolution.

But irregardless if you believe in god or not, thank the moon. smile

Neo_Version 7
Thank you, moon.

debbiejo
The moon is always special..............

GCG
I'll Thank the moon by posting this pic taken last week by the pier

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1460/summermoon2pr.jpg

embarrasment whoops ! i ****ed up the browser

Tex
That's right! You hoes know what's good for you! diva

Neo_Version 7
yes

zinh
Originally posted by Tex
I really dont see how anyone can deny that there is not intelligence behind the creation of the universe and especially our planet. To assume that life is the result of infinite, impossibly improbable chance coincidences is to ignore common sense and reason.

Why would a divine being need to hurl two massive planet things together to create life? If they are in charge of who lives and dies then why didn't they just blink someone here? (oh wait Adam and Eve and the continuous incest that follows..forgot)

We aren't alone, I would think(hope), but we will never know until there is scientific proof or until the aliens start visiting people besides those with hair rollers claiming that they have been abducted and anal probed.

Oh thank you moon smile

Clovie
moon is great happy

on the note:
d'you know that all the BIG planets have some assignment too? their gravitation is getting asteroids and other stuff of this kinda out of collision curse with earth smart

long pig
Nice picture. smile

zoomonkey
i like how so many things that are so simple yet so vital to our survival are taken as 'coinsidences' and 'matters of chance' yet no one thinks these may be evidence of 'intelligent design'...

I'll thank God instead

just my .02

zoomonkey
i like how so many things that are so simple yet so vital to our survival are taken as 'coinsidences' and 'matters of chance' yet no one thinks these may be evidence of 'intelligent design'...

I'll thank God instead

just my .02

zoomonkey

I'll thank God instead

just my .02

bilb
see signature .... stick out tongue

debbiejo
No. that was .03 cents.....^zoomonkey.

Nice pic of the moon.....I have a moon calender at home...just love the lore about the moon.

xmarksthespot
Nice pic. I think that's the brightest moon I can ever recall seeing. Where (countrywise) was the photograph taken?

finti
thanks to Keith Moon for the fun stuff he did while with The Who

debbiejo
Harvest moons are pretty too...they seem so much bigger and brighter...Called Harvest moon, because it was so bright the workers could work at night harvesting using the moon light.....I always watch the moon...

Tex
Originally posted by finti

mad

Originally posted by zinh
Why would a divine being need to hurl two massive planet things together to create life? If they are in charge of who lives and dies then why didn't they just blink someone here? (oh wait Adam and Eve and the continuous incest that follows..forgot)

The god described in the "holy" books is the one who is responsible for who lives and who dies, and divine occurrences occur in the blink of an eye. It's really quite laughable and a insult to the true force responsible for the universe.

The god in the holy books is a magician, things appear out of no where with no reasonable explanation of their creation. The universe was clearly orchestrated by a mathematician, physicist, chemist, a master architect.

Everything has a set order, a guideline to follow, the unbendable laws of physics. Even chaos has an order about it.

So why didn't god blink his eyes and create life? Because its scientifically impossible. God creates through physics, not fantasy.

shaber
I once saw the Moon when it was at its brightest during the 20th century

dave123
I need no moon schmoll It can go **** itself big grin

Tex
Doesn't surprise me one bit! schmoll

Your big fat ass of a moon is quite sufficient. winkiss

BackFire
The moon isn't alive, why should I thank it. It had no control over any of those things.

I'll thank the earth for having the gravity neccessary to keep the moon orbiting around it.

Tex
That's exactly what Hitler would say. hitler

BackFire
No, hitler would try and kill the moon for being different from the earth.

Tex
Ok.

Hey BF, I'll be the moon and you can be Neil Armstrong. zorro

dave123
Originally posted by Tex
Doesn't surprise me one bit! schmoll

Your big fat ass of a moon is quite sufficient. winkiss Why doesn't my ass get a thread about it then? stick out tongue

BackFire
Oh how I've been waiting for this day...

WindDancer
*Mooning* whistle

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Tex
Many people really take it for granted, they just assume it's been Earth's buddy forever. But do you know that if it weren't for the moon, we wouldn't be here today? thumb up

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/nearmoon.htm

Isn't that amazing? That in the unimaginable vastness of space, a perfectly sized planet was on a direct bullseye collision with earth that struck it exactly with the needed force to vaporise the other planet and coincidently create our moon? The very moon that stabilised our planet and made life on earth possible?

The statistics and probabilities are outrageously insane to suggest that these were random chance coincidences.

Our minds cannot possibly phantom that which is truly "god", its certainly not the god described in the holy books. To me god is that indescribable energy which is responsible for the big bang, the physics that govern the universe and the nature that spawned life and its evolution.

But irregardless if you believe in god or not, thank the moon. smile
Intriguing

Tired Hiker
Thanks moon for looking trippy and for the tides and stuff.

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti

Now that's something I can be thankful for

Anyways....last time I thanked the moon...hmm.....I think tha must have been last yikes on that crazy convention in WeirdLand while I was praying to my Strange Gods........

mechmoggy
I especially like the moon "character" from the Mighty Boosh, very amusing. Good work moon. thumb up

debbiejo
Moon is always watching over me.....but can't see a new moon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.