Most powerful female voice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

04wayne
Each of these divas has defined a generation of music. At one point in their careers each was on top of the world. I would like to know who everyone thinks has the most powerful voice in pop history. I personally think Celine Dion.

StinkFist462
none.

Alpha Centauri
From the list, Christina.

-AC

nick1811
ANGELA GOSSOW!!

jaden101
out of those i would say whitney houston before she went mental

but sarah mclaughlan and eva cassidy would school any of them

Victor Von Doom
Of those I'd say Christina, possibly Whitney.

ElectricBugaloo
whitney houston has a great voice but...has other problems.

still, aretha franklin is the queen of singers

SlipknoT
Originally posted by nick1811
ANGELA GOSSOW!! I was gonna say that.

PinkDi@monds
Xtina

Cinemaddiction
Christina is all "WOAH!" and "YEAH!" and "Ahoh-oh-oh-OH-OH!". Totally overrated. Whitney Houston's smooth, Aretha Franklin was mellow, but Celine Dion is where it's at, vocally. "Power of Love" is a perfect example.

djois
Sarah Maclachlan, I agree. Tori Amos too. From the list, hmm difficult. Christina?

ElectricBugaloo
no she wasn't! have you heard aretha franklin sing?

Pezmerga
I think Christina out of those...Celine a close second.

koolruningz
Thats a lame list without Aretha. From those i'd pick Whitney cause i cant stand the others.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by 04wayne
Each of these divas has defined a generation of music. At one point in their careers each was on top of the world. I would like to know who everyone thinks has the most powerful voice in pop history. I personally think Celine Dion.

none of the above....ever heard of Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, Dusty Springfield or Joan Baez? THEY defined generations of music...

personally, i think the ones that were put into option here couldn't even take on Alanis Morrisette or Tracy Chapman..

ElectricBugaloo
whitney houston has a very, very good voice, just listen to her rendition of the star spangled banner during Desert Storm

Victor Von Doom
I doubt anyone in the poll would have trouble against Alanis Morrisette.

tabby999
is it just me or does Wayne just pop up every now and then and just post threads that are "celine dion is my hero, shes so cool, celines a genreation defining singer, marry me celine" then dissapear for a while, only to pop back up and do it again a little while later?

Agent 69
NICO,WITH OUT A DOUBT IN MY MIND

Pezmerga
I cannot Stand Janis Joplins voice....but thats just me.

sully_2u
uh...if i HAD to pick it would be christina...but amy lee should be on that poll

Alpha Centauri
She's not as good a singer as any of those on the list.

-AC

alic88
celine dion.

Ronny
Christina....

Scabbia

Victor Von Doom
Aguilera's voice is much more powerful than Scabbia's.

ElectricBugaloo
and Franklin's is more than Christina's

Alpha Centauri
Is she on the list though? There's no excuse for ignorance, we know Aretha is. We're abiding by the list.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
and Franklin's is more than Christina's

Not on the list though. At least if naming someone outside the list, name someone more powerful, was the point.

04wayne
The reason Aretha Franklin isn't on there is because she is a soul singer not pop

the.shape
None.

Sinead O'Connor, Tori Amos, Janis Joplin.

koolruningz
Run for cover!

Wonderer
Please...most powerful voice...definitely no pop-singer. Listen to Maria Callas, no that's powerful!

TheStormrider
Tarja > all on that poll

Alpha Centauri
Actually astounding the way people simply cannot adhere to threads.

-AC

TheStormrider
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Actually astounding the way people simply cannot adhere to threads.

-AC

YAH SRSLY!!1113ONE!1

04wayne
What the hell is going on. keep on topic people

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by StinkFist462
none. same here.

04wayne
Just to clarify u can choose people who aren't on the list

superman_jersey
have you heard her version of run to you originally by whitney? it was awesome!!! god, she sang it live!!! mariah shouldn't be included in the poll. she doesnt belong to that category. she can hit high notes up to whistle register, but her voice is not powerful enough.

KharmaDog
I don't think any of the names listed really have a "powerful" voice. Sarah Mclaughlan was mentioned, and although I think she has a beautiful voice, I would not consider her powerful either.

For controlled power, Aretha was mentioned and is hard to top.

For uncontrolled, raw power, I'd nominate Johnette Napolitano.

Templares
My pick: Sinead O'Connor
From the list: Whitney Houston

Meta
Karen O

dani_california
Whitney Houston, Stevie Nicks

BobbyD
Of the list, probably Christina....and that's iffy.

But Aretha didn't make the cut? sad confused

Because I can
Mariah whines and squeals.......... she may be young, but she's past her bloody use by date.

papabeard
The lady from The Staples Singers

emmasmall
Hands down, Christina. You can listen to her free on napsterlinks.

Because I can
napsterlinks..... She has got a powerful voice, but sometimes she doesnt use it very well... meh.

MelinaPerez
Celine for sure.

maham
none 4 me.
It's AMY LEE with her angelic vocals that inspires me.I LOV AMY LEE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.