Hair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emma718
sorry for making such a stupid post u can close it when it's done if u need too..but i was just wondering what would go with the hair colour Intense Violet? like what other hair colours?

thanks manda smile

Sorgo
This depends on where you live.

Emma718
i live on the gold coast Australia

Sorgo
Originally posted by Emma718
i live on the gold coast Australia

Oh i thought you asked where you could get Violet, not what would go with it. Nevermind.....

Hmmm...... a Darkish Pink colour.

Sir Mist
What? Like multi coloured streaks?

Emma718
LOL..it's ok..dark pink, hmm, sounds good.

mutli coloured yeah

Sir Mist
Have you got purple streaks already? Post a pic so we can see what it would look like...

Emma718
not yet sorry

Sir Mist
Is your whole hair purple, or just streaks?blink

Emma718
All dark purple, so i was wondering would dark pink streaks go with it? or any other colours?

Sir Mist
Probably a lighter pink, otherwise it'll blend together and you wont notice..

Emma718
yeah..thanks for the help, i'll try that..

Sir Mist
Do you have a picture or anything of what the colour looks like, like from a site or anything?

Emma718
no i couldn't find one

Imaginary
Caramel would make an interesting contrast, but Mist is right, light pink is good too.

Emma718
ooo that is interesting

Sorgo
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Probably a lighter pink, otherwise it'll blend together and you wont notice..

Hmm... a Lighter pink will desensitize the blend. A darker pink would mix in and let in a darker hue into the integrity of your hair. Dark and light would mix up a contrast. Dark and Dark would keep it.

Sir Mist
Contrast is good though thumb up

Sorgo
Contrast is good though thumb up Which is why you wouldn't want to deterioate the proper contrast of the blended Colours.

Emma718
so would dark and light pink go better together??

dark_angelz
yeap

Imaginary
Originally posted by Sorgo
Hmm... a Lighter pink will desensitize the blend. A darker pink would mix in and let in a darker hue into the integrity of your hair. Dark and light would mix up a contrast. Dark and Dark would keep it. Originally posted by Sorgo
Which is why you wouldn't want to deterioate the proper contrast of the blended Colours.

Obfuscatory much?

Sir Mist
Its too hard to see without a pic..

Sorgo
so would dark and light pink go better together??

If you want more colors yes, but i do suggest the Intense Violet and a Dark Pink. It'll make your hair look a little sadistic and sexy at the same time. Dark and Light really mess up hair. Trust me on this one.

Emma718
i wish i had a pic..i'll try and find one of the haircolour

Emma718
Originally posted by Sorgo
If you want more colors yes, but i do suggest the Intense Violet and a Dark Pink. It'll make your hair look a little sadistic and sexy at the same time. Dark and Light really mess up hair. Trust me on this one.

I am going to be trusting u on this one smile

Sorgo
Originally posted by Imaginary
Obfuscatory much?

Not really..... Unless you know something about hair, yes?

I don't think truth is involved in the matter, so to say.

But go ahead.

Hit me. smile

Sorgo
I am going to be trusting u on this one smile

It's funny the way it works.

The, so to say, "more quiet" colors like black/brown/blonde need more of a lighter tone.... Well not really black.... Can't get light with that stick out tongue

But intense colors like Violet, pink or green should be darker. Think about it this way; They are intense enough colors in the first place. If you make them too bright, they will look over-intensive.

Imaginary
I agree. But there's a difference between dying all of your hair bright pink and just streaking it to bring out the violet erm

Emma718
yeah..u know your stuff Sorgo

Sir Mist
yeah..u know your stuff Sorgo

Are you looking for the pink to stand out or just adding in another colour?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Imaginary
I agree. But there's a difference between dying all of your hair bright pink and just streaking it to bring out the violet erm

Of course! That's why you need to be careful when bleding in different colors..... especially intense colors such as Violet and Pink.

Emma718
Are you looking for the pink to stand out or just adding in another colour?

i don't want it to stand out to much..just wanted more than one colour

Sorgo
i don't want it to stand out to much..just wanted more than one colour

Yeah, keep it a Dark tone.

Like i said before....

Intense Colors = Dark

Quiet Colors = Light

If you get an Intense color, you don't want to make it bright because it will stand out too far and look awful. A darker coloring for a more intense color will keep it at level.

Plus, Violet and pink kind of go together.

For example....

http://www.rosydawngardens.com/images/coleus/violettricolor.jpg

Now, the Violet has a very dark contrast to it, but the pink is too bright, standing out one part and leaving out the other, which is kind of an imbalance to the coloring. It looks good on a flower, but not with hair! stick out tongue

You're gonna wanna make your hair stand in a with a Dark, dark pink so it blends the intesified colors.

Emma718
wow that flower is beautiful though..your very right a dark pink as it is going with an intense colour

Emma718
i can post a pic of what it turns out like if u guys like when i get it done

Sir Mist
Coolthumb up

Sorgo
i can post a pic of what it turns out like if u guys like when i get it done

Of course! I'd love to see it.

Emma718
smile hopefully i can get it done next week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.