Movies with best casting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandorallen
What movie(s) do you think are perfectly casted?

now im NOT talking about who had the biggest stars in it or most attractive people in it....

I AM talking about which actor matched up with the characters personality in the movies?

for me.
--------------------
The Dirty Dozen
12 angry men
Reservoir dogs
the original "starwars"
Full metal Jacket
The thin red line. (especially nick nolte)
Batman (1989)

will update.

Mr Parker
yeah the original star wars.
batman begins

all I can really think of now.

Bardock42
Well Batman Begins is up there.....

jaden101
the main characters in schindlers list...liam neeson, ben kingsley and ralph fiennes were all irreplacable in that film

also gettysburg...you can see how well it was cast at the end when the pictures of the actors are compared with the real people they played and the likenesses are tremendous

21 grams...sean penn, benicio del torro and naomi watts were great together as they were all so different...

the usual suspects...obvious choice really

and a weird choice that i thought worked well was collateral...

Bardock42
I a watching Kiss of the Dragon at the moment....I think the cast is rather great.......(maybe cause it has Three TV Show actors I like)

Ast
I was gonna say Batman Begins, but now I wont, everyone already did. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Eternal Sunshine was very well cast I thought...

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City

KillTheLight
Gladiator was well cast especially Joaquin Phoenix as the commodus..

Ast
Are we talking about entire movie casts, or can we talk about specific roles?

Pyrofly
A Few Good Men

awesome cast!

Neo_Version 7
Sin City and Street Fighter. laughing out loud

Seriously.

Agent 69
Pulp fiction and the 40 year old virgin

Murray
Batman Begins
Fight Club
LOTR
Harry Potter
Sin City

Vinnie105
Fight club
Pitch Black

Vin

Rapscallion
LOTR
Pulp Fiction
Schindlers List

T.M
Fight Club and Pulp Friction defiantly.

JenR1215
GRUMPY/GRUMPER OLD MEN!! i grew up with those movies.

JenR1215
SIN CITY!!!! PULP FICTION!!!! doh

indie_director
Well talking about a specific role... I watched Scarface last night.. no one could honestly do a better job than Al Pacino did.

T.M
Originally posted by indie_director
Well talking about a specific role... I watched Scarface last night.. no one could honestly do a better job than Al Pacino did.

i agree no one could have played that role better IMO

Rapscallion
well if you look at it that way in terms of specific roles than I'm going to have to add.... I know I'm going to get criticised for this.....dare I say it.... Pirates of the Caribbean.

It isn't as good as some of the others mentioned, but no one could have played Jack sparrow the way Johnny Depp did. geoffry Rush was pretty good too athough not spectacular.

JenR1215
Originally posted by indie_director

HELLL YEAH MOTHA FUKA!

SAY EL'LLO TO MY 'LIL FRIEND!! rifle

Ast
Specific role, I really like Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. One of the reasons I think the movies work is because he isn't what you expect a super assassin to look like.

T.M
Originally posted by Ast
Specific role, I really like Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. One of the reasons I think the movies work is because he isn't what you expect a super assassin to look like.

i would agree with that yes

Mandorallen
how about X-men? or X-2?

patrick stewart=xavier.

ian mckellen=Magneto.

Hugh jackman=Wolverine

niiiiice.

JenR1215
Clive Owen and Natalie Prtman, in Closer.... i love them sooooooooooooo very much kisss

pr1983
Originally posted by Mandorallen
how about X-men? or X-2?

patrick stewart=xavier.

ian mckellen=Magneto.

Hugh jackman=Wolverine

niiiiice.

but the rest of the cast sucked... messed

i liked the casting in danny the dog...

batman begins had great casting...

hugo weaving as agent smith was a master stroke...

Backspace
Spider-man had good casting for evryone except maybe Kirsten Dunst as Marry Jane.

Ast
Originally posted by Backspace
Spider-man had good casting for evryone except maybe Kirsten Dunst as Marry Jane.

Excellent villian casting, Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina were both the best part of their movies.

Backspace
Yes and J. Jonah Jamason was cast perfectly.

Ast
Yeah, he was hilarious in part 2, they gave him much more to do. Despite the fact that he hasnt done anything, I like James Franco as Harry, especially in SM2. I cant wait to see what he does now that he has a real purpose. big grin

Mandorallen
Originally posted by pr1983
but the rest of the cast sucked... messed

c'mon, nightcrawler?

Originally posted by Backspace
Yes and J. Jonah Jamason was cast perfectly.

J. Jonah Jameson: Get a picture of a rancid chicken. Headline, "Food Poisoning Scare Sweeps City!"
Hoffman: Some food got poisoned?
J. Jonah Jameson: I'm a little nauseous, yeah!

laughing out loud laughing out loud

pr1983
c'mon, nightcrawler?

nightcrawler was cool, but...

cyclops, storm, rogue, iceman and pyro were pretty poor imo... colossus wasnt even russian... messed

Mandorallen
Originally posted by pr1983
colossus wasnt even russian... messed

He didn't have enough screen time to be judged.

On top of that, he had 2 or 3 lines.

Or are you talking about his appearence?

Myth
Pulp Fiction. All of those parts were made for those characters.

Ast
Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in Die Hard, great baddie. Bruce Willis was great too.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Ast
Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in Die Hard, great baddie. Bruce Willis was great too.
Originally posted by Myth
Pulp Fiction. All of those parts were made for those characters.

agreed

vvvrulz
Begins had a great cast, with only Katie Holmes being a weak link.

Sin City's cast was awesome too, although most were in unfamiliar roles. Still great actors though.

JenR1215
Javier Bardem in The Sea inside, wonderful film

indie_director
Sir Richard Harris (RIP) as Dumbledore!

bakerboy
Too many to post. But posting someone that haven posted before, spartacus is a movie very well casted.

armandovalles
TROY has good casting: with Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, and Brian Cox.

Also X2 was good: with Hugh Jackman, Hell Berry, Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Brian Cox, and Ian McKellen.

FANTASTIC FOUR i thought was good too: Julian MacMahon, Ioan Gruffudd, Stan Lee (he actually acted here!), Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, and the absolutely gorgeous Jessica Alba.

BATMAN & ROBIN was a horrible movie but it did have good casting: with Arnold Schwarzennegger, George Clooney, Uma Thurman, Chris O'Donnell, and Alicia Silverstone.

pr1983
Originally posted by armandovalles

Also X2 was good: with Hugh Jackman, Hell Berry, Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Brian Cox, and Ian McKellen.

FANTASTIC FOUR i thought was good too: Julian MacMahon, Ioan Gruffudd, Stan Lee (he actually acted here!), Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, and the absolutely gorgeous Jessica Alba.

BATMAN & ROBIN was a horrible movie but it did have good casting: with Arnold Schwarzennegger, George Clooney, Uma Thurman, Chris O'Donnell, and Alicia Silverstone.

jessica alba? halle berry?

He didn't have enough screen time to be judged.

On top of that, he had 2 or 3 lines.

Or are you talking about his appearence?

he looked ok... but he talked in enough of a non russian accent... he needs more screentime (the character, dunno about the actor)

JenR1215
Eelijah wood for Sin City..... that.. character.. scared.. THE-HELL out of me. THAT EXPRESSION!!

Mandorallen
LMFAO

*SHUDDERS*

Ast
I just saw B&R on HBO the other day, it sucks so bad, even worse than it use to(before Begins). laughing out loud

Pezmerga
Reservoir Dogs...Actually Tarantino casts all his movie's Well.
Full Metal Jacket
Gangs of New York (Daniel Day Lewis was great!)
Also I liked Jack Nicholson as the Joker =) he woulda made a good
wolvering too..

oh Cant Forget...The Big Lebowski, O' Brother Where Art Thou and
Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas.

on the Flip side...Daredevil had horrible casting..

DeVi| D0do
ANY movie starring Ben Affleck has horrible casting...

Myth
Originally posted by armandovalles

And all credibility has just disappeared. Big name actors does not mean good casting. no

Mandorallen
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

good call.

T.M
The Usual Suspects Kevin Spacey as Verbal Kint especially.

and Brad Pitt as Tyler in Fight Club.

Red Superfly
Sin City
Terminator
Lord Of The Rings
Batman Begins

T.M
I still haven't seen Sin City its so annoying i have to buy it on DVD when it comes out yes

eleveninches
I guess the obvious choices would be:
GOdfather Trillogy
Original Starwars trillogy
LOTR Trillogy
A Bridge too Far (often overlooked, but had an AWESOME cast)
Gladiator
Batman

Ast
Not the entire movie cast, but Barbosa and Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean were great.

DeVi| D0do
Johnny Depp is great in ALL of his roles... smile

Ast
No doubt, but I thought the interactions between the two were great, especially dring their final duel.

DeVi| D0do
Wait... Is Barbosa the one played by Geoffrey Rush? It sounds like a girls name... Rush was awesome in that movie!

Ast
"So what now Jack, are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle till judgement day and trumpets sound?"

"Or you could surrender."

That may not be exact, but close enough.

alic88
sin city
terminator 1 and 2
pulp fiction
troy
godfather

romper_stomper
im sure its porbly already been mentioned at least once,but my vote goes to house of 1000 corpses,how can you top a cast that includes old school exploitaton stars in crazy ass roles sid haig as the foul mouthed clown captain spaulding is a stand out,but karen black and bill moseley both are great in their respective roles as well and kudos to rob zombie for casting micheal berryman as clevon in devils rejects,,heres hopin he finds a part for the legendary david hess in his next movie

Mandorallen
Originally posted by alic88
sin city
terminator 1 and 2
pulp fiction
troy
godfather

TROY?! a bunch of hot stars in one historical film?!?

well, they did alright, i give credit to eric bana and Brad Pitt. but then again... its not a bad movie overall.

Ast
I thought Bana was great as Hector, but other than that, blah.

Still liked the movie though.

cal31
Shawshank or The Usual Suspects, oh and Pulp Fiction

Mandorallen
lets not forget, The green mile.

"I tried to take it back boss, but it was too late"

TheQuincy
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Bill Murray
Owen Wilson
Cate Blanchett
Willem Dafoe
Angela Houston
Jeff Goldblum
Michael Gambon

everyone was perfectly casted.

The Highlord
SIMPLE its a war movie called A BRIDGE TOO FAR

I cant belive no one of you has mentioned A Bridge To Far, it has the most out standing casting fo ra single film ok here are the names.

Sean Connery
Gene Hackman
Anthony Hopkins
Robert Redford
Dirk Bogarde
Michael Caine
Ryan O'Neal
and even the legendary Laurence Olivier!

also these are in the movie

James Caan
Edward Fox
Elliot Gould
Hardy Bruger
Maximilian Schell
Liv Ullmann

thats about it, now look at that list again, and tell me there is a movie with finner casting!

DarkC
12 Angry Men, they matched their roles in the play perfectly. And Lord of the Rings.

Cringe
Ocean's Eleven smokin'

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cringe
Ocean's Eleven smokin'

The original? or the remake?

olchik
I think it's "Notebook"

Murray
Sin City
LOTR
Remake of Ocean's 11

bahhh_yeti
Kill Bill!!!
Sin City!!!!
X-men!!!
Beetlejuice!!!
Batman (89)!!!

The worst of all time would have to be Vin Diesal as Hitman in the upcoming movie!!!!!!!!!! for the love of all things natural all he knows is blowing shit up! Hitman is more psychological thriller/suspense/drama

Lord Shadow Z
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
The Original Star Wars trilogy.
The Mask of Zorro

Nay sayer
This isnt a new movie but I think that The Color Purple has extremely good casting--that and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

natigirl
I definitely agree about Sin City, the cast was perfect!!! Also, I thought the casting in the Royal Tennenbaums was spot on smile

edwinian
i would say

big lebowski
raising arizona
lost in translation
heat

Solo
c'mon, nightcrawler?
I rather thought they could've gotten a much better actor to play the Nightcrawler.

Nevermind
Reservoir Dogs
Star Wars (the original trilogy)
Batman (1989)
The Usual Suspects
The Breakfast Club
Pulp Fiction
Ghostbusters

I'll think of more later.

Nevermind
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

I thought Dogma had a pretty decent casting.

Blue_Butterfly
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Batman Begins
Kill Bill
Lord Of The Rings

hbanana
I thought the pairing of Val Kilmer and Robert Downey, jr was great in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. They really ought to have paired up before this.

KlumpDud
LA Confidential

papabeard
Its not a movie, but I think the TV show THE WIRE is brilliantly cast.

They cast people with character not just good looking people, they cast people with physiques and faces that realistically reflect and portray the characters being played.

bigD4321
kill bill and mars attacks

Blue_Butterfly
oh yes...how could I forget...ALL Kevin Smith movies! big grin

papabeard
ALIEN

Bloody^Pirate
I'll deffinitely say the Notebook! I've been giving a lot of attention to the casting and all of them were great in it!

stingray005
Brosnan as James Bond

and Craig is gonna suck replacing him

silver_tears
I dunno why, but I think Devil's Advocate had an awesome cast.
And A Time to Kill

stingray005
Originally posted by bigD4321
kill bill and mars attacks

I just saw Mars Attacks last night for the second time in 5 years, and kept wondering the entire movie how the hell they got the cast that they did. The script to that movie was horrible (except for a few good parts) and they got Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito, and Pierce Brosnan?

Mandorallen
^ Tim burton is an acclaimed director. Most people will take up the roles he issues.

stingray005
Yeah and he's kinda wierd too

Jedi Shmedi
I can't believe no one has mentioned Christopher Reeve as Superman, if there was ever anyone born to play a role, that was it.

Susan-Storm
King arthur has great Casting..no not because Ioan Gruffudd is in it..his acting is Beautiful..Muah and the other actors do great jobs also..Clive...Keira..Ioan you get the picture

Silverstein
Sin City had a great cast.

(what would be awesome is if Dave Chappelle was Ford Prefect, in the hitch hikers guide, then it would be way funnier)

noelluvspotter
HARRY POTTER BUT THAT COULD BE BECAUSE I HAVE A OBSESSION WITH ENGLISH PEOPLE. BUT I THOUGHT ARLINGTON ROAD,PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, (THE ENGLISH) STAND BY ME AND CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.THOSE ARE DEFINITELY SOME MOVIES WITH THE BEST CAST IN IT.

djois
21 grams, I must agree on that one and Thelma and Louise!!

Solo
Casablanca
Pulp Fiction
21 Grams
Eternal Sunshine
Sin City
Crash (2004)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Shawshank Redemption
The Thin Red Line (1998)
The Harry Potter Franchise
Citizen Kane
The Pianist
Schindler's List
Fight Club
Blue Velvet
Lost Highway
Edward Scissorhands

amity75
Jaws for character portrayal but if you're looking for best assembled FAMOUS cast then I guess The Great Escape deserves a mention.

FistOfThe North
Kill Bill and Resevior Dogs.

piccola_nuvola
Sin City indeed. And also the Green mile...or maybe it's because I love Tom Hanks...

gladiator69
i like adam sandler hes funny to. but looks like will ferrel is starting to take over adam sandler cause hes done more movies than him the past 2 years. and hes the funny guy now.

Nay sayer
The Color Purple had a great cast...I'm usually weary of great casting because I find that sometimes it is hiding an awful plot

Fire
Originally posted by Mando

now im NOT talking about who had the biggest stars in it or most attractive people in it....

I AM talking about which actor matched up with the characters personality in the movies?

for me.
--------------------
The Dirty Dozen
12 angry men
Reservoir dogs
the original "starwars"
Full metal Jacket
Batman (1989)

will update.

Great choices, I'd add in Pulp Fiction, think that was a great casting as well.

Mando
Originally posted by Fire
Great choices, I'd add in Pulp Fiction, think that was a great casting as well.

Right-O. But as long as we're on that; Sin City also had some great casting, Finding the right actors to play the correct characters didn't look like much of a problem when watching the movie.

Deathblow
Donnie Brasco, no doubt. Still the best performances of both Pacino and Depp's careers.

Phat J
crash (the new one) had a great cast, everyone played their character perfectly.

Scarecrow756
Star Wars Orignal Trilogy
Batman Begins
Batman 89

rox
sin city and x-men movies.

bruce willis and patrick stewart were excellent choices

Aravis3
The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. big grin laughing out loud Happy Dance cool

Dusty
BUMP.

Adding:

True Romance
Seven Samurai

EPIIIBITES
Jaws, Napolean Dynamite...duhh...and I'd actually say the Harry Potter movies here too...everyone's very well cast (except maybe Oldman)...you know Malfoy's a little #$%* even before he open his mouth.

Don't know if anyone's seen "Saved" w/Mandy Moore...very well cast.

Dusty
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
.and I'd actually say the Harry Potter movies here too...everyone's very well cast (except maybe Oldman)...you know Malfoy's a little #$%* even before he open his mouth.

Oldman? Gary Oldman? Are you serious? (No pun intended)

I consider Gary Oldman one of the greatest actors of the 80's 90's and Today! He's played such a wide range of roles, All enjoyably and credibly.

Please explain.

LiL nAstY GirL
I think I might have posted this already, but Sin City, How to Lose A Guy in Ten Days ((Kate Hudson was amazing)), and The Phantom of The Opera

diabloman
will ferre
adam sandler
and jack nicholson are my fav actors

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by diabloman
will ferre
adam sandler
and jack nicholson are my fav actors

That's nice. wink

But that's not what this thread is about...

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Dusty
Oldman? Gary Oldman? Are you serious? (No pun intended)

I consider Gary Oldman one of the greatest actors of the 80's 90's and Today! He's played such a wide range of roles, All enjoyably and credibly.

Please explain.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
That's nice. wink

But that's not what this thread is about...

My thoughts exactly...

This is about casting not the actor or the acting. Oldman is a great actor...if you look at my profile, he's in there with a few other greats...but I don't think he fits that role.

Dusty
My thoughts exactly...

This is about casting not the actor or the acting. Oldman is a great actor...if you look at my profile, he's in there with a few other greats...but I don't think he fits that role.

I thought he looked like how I imagined him, myself. erm

Lighthammer
I like films with big stars, but I am really into movies were the cast are most pepole youve nevr heard of. Like in Aliens, most of the marines were played by small American actors who happened to living in the UK at the time. Because they were minor actors. in made it easier for me to picture them as that character instead of the actor. In fact the only three actors that I recoginized when I saw it were Biehn because he played Reed in Terminator, Weaver cause she was in Alien, and Paul Reiser, just because he was on this sitcom thatkeeps running on my local channels. Their performances were good, but it blew me away how good the marines performances were.

Grimm22
Originally posted by G a n n o n

Both Kirstin Dunst and Toby Maguire are awful choices.

For MJ I think they should cast Bryce Dallas Howard

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397171/

I dont know who I would cast for Peter, but Maguire is too mopey and dramatic to be Spidey. His voice is all wrong and he isnt quirky enough. I mean he dosent even quip! Spidey isnt Spidey if he isnt quiping no

Bardock42
Pulp Fiction..damn that was good.

vvvrulz
Grimm> Peter Parker in the comics was a wimp wasn't he? I reckon none better than Tobey to pull off being a wuss. Can you think of anyone else?

Grimm22
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Grimm> Peter Parker in the comics was a wimp wasn't he? I reckon none better than Tobey to pull off being a wuss. Can you think of anyone else?

Sure he's a geek in the comics, however, Tobey is WAY to mopey and dramatic to be Spidey

That and he dosent sound anything like Spidey no

Dr. Zaius
Everyone in Batman Begins except Katie Holmes.

Blade Runner. Did Rutger Hauer ever do anything else that was even remotely this good?

Original Star Wars Trilogy.

Pulp Fiction.

Team America. Matt Damon in partiuclar. MATT DAMON!

Silverstein
Originally posted by vvvrulz

that dude, Eric Foreman...Topher Grace, but now he's playing the tough bad@ss Eddie Brock... laughing

-Tired Hiker-
I agree with the casting for the Harry Potter movies . . . I read those books and can't help but imagining the actors from the movies as the characters.

Another movie that comes to mind that couldn't have been casted better was The Big Lebowski.

"The Big Lebowski":

Jeff Bridges .... Jeffrey Lebowski - The Dude

John Goodman .... Walter Sobchak

Steve Buscemi .... Theodore Donald 'Donny' Kerabatsos

Julianne Moore .... Maude Lebowski

Philip Seymour Hoffman .... Brandt

John Turturro .... Jesus Quintana

Tara Reid .... Bunny Lebowski

Flea .... Nihilist #2, Kieffer

thefallen544
Reservoir Dogs- I have to say has to be the top of my list the parts seem perfect for all the actors. Specifically pointing out Harvey Keitel as Mr.White, Steve Buscemi as Mr.Pink and Michael Madsen as Mr.Blonde.
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket
The Green Mile
Ghostbusters
The Untouchables

rockycairns
Reservoir Dogs
True Romance
JFK
In the name of the Father
Pulp Fiction
LOTR (all 3)
Fight Club
Snatch

Eye Gore
Network

Faye Dunaway .... Diana Christensen

William Holden .... Max Schumacher

Peter Finch .... Howard Beale

Robert Duvall .... Frank Hackett

Wesley Addy .... Nelson Chaney

Ned Beatty .... Arthur Jensen

Also a great script and director.

Quiero Mota
Goodfellas, Predator, Caddyshack

EPIIIBITES
Mr. Deeds.

Amazing. Go down the list...not one dud. Every role perfectly cast (including bit parts and cameos).

Strangelove
Murder by Death

Lord of the Rings

Antaeus
Star Wars ep. 4-6
Terminator
Aliens
Anne of Greengable
Cassablanca
Shawshank Redemption
Indiana Jones
Grumpy Old Men
Ten Commandments

Mairuzu
Shaun of the dead!

office jesus
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Four words.

Ian ..Mckellen ..is..Gandalf. 'nuff said.

office jesus
Mr. Deeds.

Amazing. Go down the list...not one dud. Every role perfectly cast (including bit parts and cameos).

But that movie sucked though.

Ultraman Baltan
Spiderman
Godfather
Star Wars 4-6
Kamen Rider The First
Italian Job(remake)
Ocean's Eleven(remake)

ladygrim
for me it has to be Pulp Fiction, resivior dogs,batman begins and the next harry potter big grin i know its not out yet but the line up to me is pretty damn marvelous

Antaeus
Harry Potter - If the movie is not out yet - then it is only a guess wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Dusty

for me.
--------------------
The Dirty Dozen
12 angry men
Reservoir dogs
the original "starwars"
Full metal Jacket
Batman (1989)

will update.

hope your not talking about keaton in batman 89 dusty? as we have discussed before,he was the worst casting choice in comicbook history. big grin

bakerboy
I would say that michael keaton as batman and jack nicholson as the joker aren inspired casting choices. In fact , they are terrible mistakes, specially keaton.

Mr Parker
Yeah definetely uninspiring casting choices for sure.as far as great casting choices.The casting choies in Batman Begins were superb.So were they for the original star wars movies.Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammil,Billy Dee Williams,James Earl Jones,and especially Harrison ford and alec guiness were brilliant and amazing choices.some other casting choices that come to mind that were supurb were kevin bacon in footloose,and emma watson in harry potter.

Dresta
Godfather part 1 and 2

office jesus
Originally posted by Antaeus
Harry Potter - If the movie is not out yet - then it is only a guess wink

Harry Potter ..yeah. After Richard Harris died ..the new guy didn't fit the part of Dumbledore for me. *Shrug* It's nothing personal, he just doesn't have the presence that Harris had.

bakerboy
The first three star wars movies are very well casted.

Same with the first two superman movies.

Batman begins the same

Harry Potter movies the same, each actor is perfect for his character, maybe richard harris was better than michael gambon for the role of dumbledore, but gambon was good too.

Lord of the rings movies is extremelly well casted.

Godfather movies the same.

David Lean movies the same( bridge on the river kwai, lawrence of arabia, doctor zhivago, etc).

The elephant man the same

The pink panther

Gone with the wind except maybe Leslie Howard

Casablanca

Cleopatra

Spartacus

Ben Hur

Breakfast at tyfannys

I will post some more very soon.

systemshock2
Glengarry Glen Ross had some of the best casting I've ever seen. Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Jack Lemmon, and Kevin Spacey. And each one gave their absolute best performances around. Even Pacino has said that his favorite movie he's acted in is Glengarry Glen Ross.

bakerboy
Yes, glengarry glenn rose was amazing. All the actors fifted their roles in a brillaint way. Marveolus movie.

I could say the same with murder on the orient express.

Light Warrior
Well, hard to say a lot of good actors. The guy that act's as Darth Vader, I dont remember he's name. And I think altso Aragorn (can't remember he's name eather smile, well. They act really good. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>