Millencolin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
What do you think of them?

StinkFist462
only heard a couple songs, and what i heard they suck.

RedAlertv2
I think they are pretty cool, but Ive also only heard a couple songs

Imaginary
I've heard of them...

RedAlertv2
They kinda sound like Green Day.

tabby999
i think they're alot more rock than greenday, i've got their first cd, Pennybridge Pioneers and their newie Kingswood Country, both are excelent, the new one is prolly better IMO, they rock out.

RedAlertv2
If I had more money I'd buy Kingswood

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by tabby999
i think they're alot more rock than greenday, i've got their first cd, Pennybridge Pioneers and their newie Kingswood Country, both are excelent, the new one is prolly better IMO, they rock out.

Well turns out I had a gift card to Target, so I bought Kingwood. Pretty good CD. Just fun, simple, fast-paced rock music.

JessyGurl

Okay i know this is an old thread but i just want to set this straight. Millencolins first album was not Pennybridge Pioneers it was Tiny Tunes which was changed to Same Old Tunes and also the new album is called Kingwood not Kingwood Country. Sorry for that. Im am like that biggest Millencolin fan so yeah.

tabby999
i realise that its not their first cd now, but you didn't mention anything about their music?

JessyGurl
i realise that its not their first cd now, but you didn't mention anything about their music?

In a previouse reply you said that they are more rock then Greenday, NOT TRUE. Millencolin falls under the punk and ska genres, however there is a bit of rock in them but not as much as Greenday.

By the was I saw them live at Festival Hall, Melbourne in September and they where awsome. I was in the front row. They are better live.

PINBALL
Ive listened to them a little in my oponion average Green Day is better

RedAlertv2
Green Day is definitely better. But Millencolin is still a decent band, certainly not one of my all time favorites but I do enjoy there music.

PINBALL
Nothing that ive noticed is really unique about them just another band

tabby999
Originally posted by JessyGurl
In a previouse reply you said that they are more rock then Greenday, NOT TRUE. Millencolin falls under the punk and ska genres, however there is a bit of rock in them but not as much as Greenday.

i'd argue that. i think greenday have only come into their rock sencibility in the last album. they dabbled into it a few times, but nothing like they did with American Idiot. Millencolin on the other hand, have been more rock orientated for a longer time. sure their earliest stuff was very punk, and they were really good, but after Pennybridge through to Kingswood, they've been more rock, but still punk too.

oh on an interesting side note, they played my home town, many moons ago before i got into music, 20 people showed up. well done portland!

PINBALL
Well just what ive listend too is what im goin on and thats not much

RedAlertv2
Its the 2 songs I burned for you smile

PINBALL
Ive listend to a little bit more since then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.