NunYah's House of Poetry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NunYahBidness
To be clear, none of it are my own. What I will do, if it hasn't been done (can't be arsed to search) I will post on this here thread Poetry from well-known and not so well-known poets that have caught the heart and attention of me: NunYaBidness.

I hope to do this so as to inspire, awe, amaze and one can hope, to breathe life into your creative endeavours in word-paint. First rule in poetry, there are no rules...but there is a right way to be more expressive without the use of redundant words or extraneous use of words that can hinder the beauty of a gem to the land of cubic zirconia.

It is also with hope, a way to discuss what can be done to improve your work, maybe not for a career but more than a hobby. Take pride in what you do, for no one else will. And who knows, by sheer luck, someone may actually think your work, if improved or not, is good enough to be published.

I will also, if permitted, post some of YOUR better pieces that I like or that has been improved on. Oh yes, I can say this without wincing that some of you do have raw talent. While I'm no expert, I can at least give my input. In a thoughtful, mature manner at Syren's request that I should do so. Luv yah gurl!

NunYahBidness
This one is by Percy Bysshe Shelley, Hellas

O write no more, the tale of Troy,
If earth Death's scroll must be
Nor mix with Laian rage the joy
Which dawns upon the free:
Although a subtler Sphinx renew
Riddles of death Thebes never knew.

Another Athens shall arise,
And to remoter time
Bequeath, like sunset to the skies,
The splendor of its prime;
And leave, if naught so bright may live,
All earth can take or Heaven can give.

Coldfire
Originally posted by NunYahBidness
To be clear, none of it are my own. What I will do, if it hasn't been done (can't be arsed to search) I will post on this here thread Poetry from well-known and not so well-known poets that have caught the heart and attention of me: NunYaBidness.

I hope to do this so as to inspire, awe, amaze and one can hope, to breathe life into your creative endeavours in word-paint. First rule in poetry, there are no rules...but there is a right way to be more expressive without the use of redundant words or extraneous use of words that can hinder the beauty of a gem to the land of cubic zirconia.

It is also with hope, a way to discuss what can be done to improve your work, maybe not for a career but more than a hobby. Take pride in what you do, for no one else will. And who knows, by sheer luck, someone may actually think your work, if improved or not, is good enough to be published.

I will also, if permitted, post some of YOUR better pieces that I like or that has been improved on. Oh yes, I can say this without wincing that some of you do have raw talent. While I'm no expert, I can at least give my input. In a thoughtful, mature manner at Syren's request that I should do so. Luv yah gurl!
Well it's kinda been done... won't hurt nothing. I think it's a good idea smile
This one is by Percy Bysshe Shelley, Hellas

O write no more, the tale of Troy,
If earth Death's scroll must be
Nor mix with Laian rage the joy
Which dawns upon the free:
Although a subtler Sphinx renew
Riddles of death Thebes never knew.

Another Athens shall arise,
And to remoter time
Bequeath, like sunset to the skies,
The splendor of its prime;
And leave, if naught so bright may live,
All earth can take or Heaven can give.
wow.... that's a poem...

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by Coldfire
Well it's kinda been done... won't hurt nothing. I think it's a good idea smile

Burst my bubble why doncha.

Isn't it just beautiful? The flow, the rhythm, and the feeling that evokes. Y'gotta love it.

Coldfire
Burst my bubble why doncha.

Isn't it just beautiful? The flow, the rhythm, and the feeling that evokes. Y'gotta love it.
Lol when I say kinda I mean kinda.... they only lasted a very short time... this ones already doing better lol

Yep yep gotta love it yes

NunYahBidness
Lol when I say kinda I mean kinda.... they only lasted a very short time... this ones already doing better lol

Yep yep gotta love it yes Well, in that case I've high hopes then.

intoxicatedpoet
Can other people add poetry? If so then here's one I fancy:

"Driver, what stream is it?" I asked, well knowing
It was our lordly Hudson hardly flowing,
"It is our lordly Hudson hardly flowing,"
He said, "under the green -grown cliffs

Be still, heart! No one needs your passionate
Suffrage to select this glory,
This is our lordly Hudson hardly flowing
Under the green-grown cliffs

"Driver! Has this a peer in Europe or the east?"
'No no!" He said. Home home!
Be quiet heart! This is our lordly Hudson
And has no peer in Europe or the east

Be quiet, heart! home! home! home!-

Paul Goodman

Syren
While I'm no expert, I can at least give my input. In a thoughtful, mature manner at Syren's request that I should do so. Luv yah gurl!

Well, whuddaya know, the boy done gone and mentioned lil' ol' me. Shucks, I sure am feelin' quite the special gal t'day eyes

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
Can other people add poetry? If so then here's one I fancy:

"Driver, what stream is it?" I asked, well knowing
It was our lordly Hudson hardly flowing,
"It is our lordly Hudson hardly flowing,"
He said, "under the green -grown cliffs

Be still, heart! No one needs your passionate
Suffrage to select this glory,

"Driver! Has this a peer in Europe or the east?"
'No no!" He said. Home home!
Be quiet heart! This is our lordly Hudson

Be quiet, heart! home! home! home!-

Paul Goodman Excellent choice. He was a social critic of the 60's was he not? And quite brilliant from what I've read of him.Originally posted by Syren
Well, whuddaya know, the boy done gone and mentioned lil' ol' me. Shucks, I sure am feelin' quite the special gal t'day eyes Hush!!! We can't let anyone to know I've a soft spot, now can we? Or is that out already?

NunYahBidness

NunYahBidness
Here is one that I personally like very much. A contemporary theme overall. And well, because the author is literally an enigmatic enigma...she may yet become a prolific poet without her knowing it yet.

Syren

TrustMe.Com

A chance encounter of the internet kind,
Gave her someone who conquered her mind,
With thoughts of meeting, dreams of touch,
Wishes for kisses, transgresses and such.

Conversing daily 'bout interests shared,
Ignoring the future, unsteady and scared,
Replacing with rose coloured visions so tender,
PMs will never be Returned to Sender.

Floating in bubble-like, protected haze,
Non-entertaining of; "could be a phase",
Sighs and sweet whispers through their written word,
Almost believing these letters were heard.

Entranced by his promises, lulled by this bliss,
Interwoven forever, to never be missed,
But reality strikes momentarily, hard,
Cold realisation, a shattered facade.

To be swept up immediate, stifled and dead,
Happiness settles once more in her head,
Ecstasy suffocates moments unsure,
She loves her sweet stranger, each day, more and more.

NunYahBidness
And I must...must add this one. Unconventional and visually impacting. Touched I was by the words, flowing so delicately and yet with so much power. You sir, can do no wrong in this format.

IntoxicatedPoet

Untitled

As the Wind blew over the dew covered morning blades of grass, I saw nothing but an endless void, stretching out beyond the world I knew, and all that I had ever cared about seemed so little and few compared to the real world, the true life, that no one, not even I, could understand. The purposes and causes that I had fought so vigorously, even my reason and want to live, left me in a second, but that second seemed like an eternity, and all the seconds that followed seemed as such, until I felt as though I had been in the infernal plain forever. When the screeching sound began flowing over all, and my hands had been bound, I thought this was all there was and all there ever would be, until I finally realized that this was not life, and that this would not live, and that the time to live was over, and that coming nigh was not the time to be, but the time to not be, and that this moment would be the last in a long succession of finalities and endings, and that this ending was the true and most meaningful end, for this was the end that had been awaited by all , and that now we would stop and never be again.

ska57
Very deep...I LOVE IT! You have definitely got an awesome gift! (Keep it up)

Coldfire
Originally posted by ska57
Very deep...I LOVE IT! You have definitely got an awesome gift! (Keep it up)
Ummm you do know that NunYah didn't write those don't you?? huh

Ya Krunk'd Floo
A brief, lovely, vivid sonnet...

On First Looking Into Chapman's Homer - Keats

Much have I travell'd in the realms of gold,
And many goodly states and kingdoms seen;
Round many western islands have I been
Which bards in fealty to Apollo hold.
Oft of one wide expanse had I been told
That deep-brow'd Homer ruled as his demesne;
Yet did I never breathe its pure serene
Till I heard Chapman speak out loud and bold:
Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He star'd at the Pacific--and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise--
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

Coldfire
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Silent, upon a peak in Darien.
That one's awesome yes

Syren
Here is one that I personally like very much. A contemporary theme overall. And well, because the author is literally an enigmatic enigma...she may yet become a prolific poet without her knowing it yet.

Syren

TrustMe.Com

A chance encounter of the internet kind,
Gave her someone who conquered her mind,
With thoughts of meeting, dreams of touch,
Wishes for kisses, transgresses and such.

Conversing daily 'bout interests shared,
Ignoring the future, unsteady and scared,
Replacing with rose coloured visions so tender,
PMs will never be Returned to Sender.

Floating in bubble-like, protected haze,
Non-entertaining of; "could be a phase",
Sighs and sweet whispers through their written word,
Almost believing these letters were heard.

Entranced by his promises, lulled by this bliss,
Interwoven forever, to never be missed,
But reality strikes momentarily, hard,
Cold realisation, a shattered facade.

To be swept up immediate, stifled and dead,
Happiness settles once more in her head,
Ecstasy suffocates moments unsure,
She loves her sweet stranger, each day, more and more.

eek!

I'm very flattered... yet again. If my work is ever published I'll be sure to reference your sweet self hug

Syren
And I must...must add this one. Unconventional and visually impacting. Touched I was by the words, flowing so delicately and yet with so much power. You sir, can do no wrong in this format.

IntoxicatedPoet

Untitled

As the Wind blew over the dew covered morning blades of grass, I saw nothing but an endless void, stretching out beyond the world I knew, and all that I had ever cared about seemed so little and few compared to the real world, the true life, that no one, not even I, could understand. The purposes and causes that I had fought so vigorously, even my reason and want to live, left me in a second, but that second seemed like an eternity, and all the seconds that followed seemed as such, until I felt as though I had been in the infernal plain forever. When the screeching sound began flowing over all, and my hands had been bound, I thought this was all there was and all there ever would be, until I finally realized that this was not life, and that this would not live, and that the time to live was over, and that coming nigh was not the time to be, but the time to not be, and that this moment would be the last in a long succession of finalities and endings, and that this ending was the true and most meaningful end, for this was the end that had been awaited by all , and that now we would stop and never be again.

This piece is absolutely magnificent, I agree yes It packs a serious punch and the way in which it's written only serves to increase its power. Excellent thumb up

Coldfire
Originally posted by Syren
This piece is absolutely magnificent, I agree yes It packs a serious punch and the way in which it's written only serves to increase its power. Excellent thumb up
yes couldn't have said it better myself

NunYahBidness
Ummm you do know that NunYah didn't write those don't you?? huh Hush you!Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Silent, upon a peak in Darien. I am truly amazed! Never would I have thought that you with your magical word skills, be a romantic at heart. Brilliant piece.Originally posted by Syren
eek!

I'm very flattered... yet again. If my work is ever published I'll be sure to reference your sweet self hug I am honoured...but honour me more with a signed copy and we'll call it even!!!

I will add further comments on the morrow, for all you aspiring poets. For now...the bar calls, and the alcky pours freely, and the gyrating ladies await my passing glances and leery smirk...hmm, lovely!!!

Coldfire
Hush you! I am truly amazed! Never would I have thought that you with your magical word skills, be a romantic at heart. Brilliant piece. I am honoured...but honour me more with a signed copy and we'll call it even!!!

I will add further comments on the morrow, for all you aspiring poets. For now...the bar calls, and the alcky pours freely, and the gyrating ladies await my passing glances and leery smirk...hmm, lovely!!!
laughing out loud

Alrighty then, have fun stick out tongue

Syren
I am honoured...but honour me more with a signed copy and we'll call it even!!!

You got it... wink

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I am truly amazed! Never would I have thought that you with your magical word skills, be a romantic at heart. Brilliant piece.

Just because I am not a fan of the love-claptrap around here, does not mean I'm not a fan of the Romantics...I love the spirit of the Romantics, but I also appreciate the freedom of the Modernists. Although sometimes, reading Modernist poetry is just too depressing.

Basically, my poetic ethos is:

Don't slum, be too glum or such your thumb.

Translation, if you please...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Eh, that should be 'suck your thumb', not 'such you thumb'. 'Such your thumb', while nice and pleasant, doesn't make much sense. So, once again, that's 'suck your thumb'...'suck'.

Here's the whole ethos, once more for good measure:

Coldfire
Eh, that should be 'suck your thumb', not 'such you thumb'. 'Such your thumb', while nice and pleasant, doesn't make much sense. So, once again, that's 'suck your thumb'...'suck'.

Here's the whole ethos, once more for good measure:

uhhh you put 'such your thumb again at the bottom of your post' again

laughing out loud

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I certainly didn't put 'such your thumb again at the bottom of your post', but I see that I did repeat my previous mistake. Therefore, to clear this whole sorry matter up once and for all, here is my poetic ethos without any mistakes:

Don't slum, be too glum or such your thumb

Coldfire
I certainly didn't put 'such your thumb again at the bottom of your post', but I see that I did repeat my previous mistake. Therefore, to clear this whole sorry matter up once and for all, here is my poetic ethos without any mistakes:

Don't slum, be too glum or such your thumb
gah screwed that up lol stick out tongue

It's still wrong tho laughing out loud

Syren
laughing I think someone has a problem... big grin

Coldfire
laughing I think someone has a problem... big grin
I think so too laughing big grin

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't have a problem, but I'd be happy to make one for you if you don't adhere to my god-damn ethos!

Here it is again - sans erreurs - for those who missed it:

The circle is closed.

RaeRox
Yawn. Poetry I love it. I write it. Its coool beans........

Syren

The circle is closed.

*opens circle*

yawn

Make that problem baby, see what you get.

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by RaeRox
Yawn. Poetry I love it. I write it. Its coool beans........ And yet you're very vagueness is what attracts me to your evanescence. Stay hot!!! wurrd to ya whatever the line is!!!!

Coldfire
I don't have a problem, but I'd be happy to make one for you if you don't adhere to my god-damn ethos!

Here it is again - sans erreurs - for those who missed it:

The circle is closed.
omg... k you mean "Don't slum, be too glum or suck your thumb" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ya Krunk'd Floo
*opens circle*

yawn

Make that problem baby, see what you get.

Ooooh, I like it!

That's exactly what I said! "Don't slum, be too glum or such your thumb".

Coldfire
Ooooh, I like it!

That's exactly what I said! "Don't slum, be too glum or such your thumb".
you have 'such' instead of 'suck' lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What are you talking about? Why would I type 'such your thumb'? It doesn't even make sense!

NunYahBidness
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ya Krunk'd, have you ever thought of becoming a pro fisherman??? I've never had such luck with my bait, what is your secret I should like to know....and will it work on fine hot women? My line seems to fail me at the most inopportune moments.

NunYahBidness
So why the thread? Other than to post poems I feel are emotionally beguiling, witty, and just overall good. I had hoped with a mote of a chance that it would inspire our would be poets...to better themselves when seeing other's work.

I say again, there is no one single rule to how a poem should or shouldn't be written, but and I say this without wincing at the thought, one must at least write not because you think it's good but because it is and should be good.

The words should flow without it being inundated with hard stops, broken lines of randomness, the theme overall completes the verbal painting. And, more importantly...less is sometimes better. Long poems and I really mean long poems are great for epics, (read Homer's Iliad). But to convey lost love, hopes, dreams, death, sadness, blah blah. Anything more than 16 lines, 20 is pushing it, is redundant.

Lines with 3 or 4 words does not make a thought. Unless it's the theme throughout you are conveying...e.g.

Hard as stone.
A dying tree.
A river lone.
And I with thee.

Useless babble I've writ...and an example is all. But what is the signifance of a hard stone and a dying tree to me being with you? Don't know. IT'S AN EXAMPLE FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! sheesh

Here's a passage I'm going to use to help one who I feel is on the cusp to greatness if she so desired. Sorry Cold, but the spotlight is on you.

Smoke

I breathe in the smoke,
The noxious fumes filling my nostrils,
With a rank, despicable odour,
Making my lungs burn,
And coughing, I try to expel,
The horrid smoke from my lungs,

RaeRox
And yet you're very vagueness is what attracts me to your evanescence. Stay hot!!! wurrd to ya whatever the line is!!!!

O yeah, righttt...lol

DreamingWarrior
heh. so true, nUn.

Coldfire
What are you talking about? Why would I type 'such your thumb'? It doesn't even make sense!
stick out tongue
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ya Krunk'd, have you ever thought of becoming a pro fisherman??? I've never had such luck with my bait, what is your secret I should like to know....and will it work on fine hot women? My line seems to fail me at the most inopportune moments.
haha why don't you try it and see? wink

"Here's a passage I'm going to use to help one who I feel is on the cusp to greatness if she so desired"- please explain what you see needs improving smile

Fëanor
If any should wonder, this is what inspires me. Keats Ode to a Nightingale.

My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains
One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:
'Tis not through envy of thy happy lot,
But being too happy in thine happiness, -
That thou, light-winged Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Of beechen green and shadows numberless,
Singest of summer in full-throated ease.

Syren
Y'know, I personally dislike such poetry, anything where I have to stop reading and start a line again, poems that are jilted and do not run smoothly. Perhaps I am simply naive, ignorant to the possibilites, but it frustrates me to see talented poets of our age striving desperately to live up to such tosh happy

Fëanor
aww....i tried to be more contemporary, but just can't seem to get past that barrier.

Syren
No, no... your work is fantastic. It actually makes sense and is relevant to the here and now. But there are very few 'classic' poets that I can really appreciate simply because they aren't contemporary enough laughing I'm fussy...

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Coldfire

Syren

Fëanor
I don't like it... what more can I say?

Present me with an astounding classic and I may be swayed, but I apologise if I insult you by not appreciating them erm i can understand your reasons, Sy...as it took me a while to finally appreciate the classics. But for Keats, his work resounds and tbh...affects me in ways i can't explain. Hence my style...archaic words, phrasings, and visual imagery which i've tried to employ....to say: "Had I but one erg of hope to profoundly end dismay" is to me better than: "I felt hopeless and so was sad." The difference being not so much the wording, but the flow and rhythm.

Coldfire

Syren

Fëanor
Gotcha, and wonderful example btw. That would hold up in court wink

I think I've been swayed oh so slightly big grin If but slightly then my work is done! big grin

intoxicatedpoet
Hear the voice of the Bard,
Who present, past, and future, sees;
Whose ears have heard
The Holy Word
That walked among the ancient trees;

Calling the lapsed soul,
And weeping in the evening dew;
That might control
The starry pole,
And fallen, fallen light renew!

'O Earth, O Earth, return!
Arise from out the dewy grass!
Night is worn,
And the morn
Rises from the slumbrous mass.

'Turn away no more;
Why wilt thou turn away?
The starry floor,
The watery shore,
Is given thee till the break of day.'

William Blake

intoxicatedpoet
When his hour for death had come,
He slowly rais'd himself from the bed on the floor,
Drew on his war-dress, shirt, leggings, and girdled the belt around
his waist,
Call'd for vermilion paint (his looking-glass was held before him,)
Painted half his face and neck, his wrists, and back-hands.
Put the scalp-knife carefully in his belt--then lying down, resting
moment,
Rose again, half sitting, smiled, gave in silence his extended hand
to each and all,
Sank faintly low to the floor (tightly grasping the tomahawk handle,)
Fix'd his look on wife and little children--the last

Walt Whitman

Syren

NunYahBidness
I am amazed at the amount of posted poems that I most certainly did not think the lot of you had even bother to have read or post. Simply amazing! From the classicist to the modernists...which is my favourite authors.

If however your curiousity is aroused as is mine at the thougth of you fine young hotnessess (guys too) to grace my thread...I've been rather busy working on my thesis for my Masters, and I find it excruciatingly boring.

Please, to those posting your favourite poems, I would suggest a dialog of sorts to those that have never had the wit or opportunity to become intimate with such works...

learn from it, dissect it and be utterly AWED that mere monkeys like us dare dream to be higher than the angels that live in paradise!!!

~Excelsior

Syren
Noted, Sir! tongue12

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That Wilfred Owen is da bomb, Blake is a jesus-lover and Keats will give you a masterclass in romantic poetry. Apart from that, anything written by Joyce is poetry, but not as we know it.

A Memory of the Players in a Mirror at Midnight

They mouth love's language. Gnash
The thirteen teeth
Your lean jaws grin with. Lash
Your itch and quailing, nude greed of the flesh.
Love's breath in you is stale, worded or sung,
As sour as cat's breath,
Harsh of tongue.

This grey that stares
Lies not, stark skin and bone.
Leave greasy lips their kissing. None
Will choose her what you see to mouth upon.
Dire hunger holds his hour.
Pluck forth your heart, saltblood, a fruit of tears.
Pluck and devour!

The superficial pleasure of Joyce's poetry is the quality of the sounds of the words as you say them. However, more intimate discoveries reveal greater discourses. He doesn't demand you to be well-read, but you enjoy his work more if you are.

For further nourishment, open any page of 'Ulysses' or 'Finnegan's Wake' and read for a while...

Fëanor
Ah...I see the influences. I'll give Joyce another go, it's been awhile though.

Syren
That poem by Joyce is interesting to read... and although I've made my opinions clear on poetry which is jagged and faltering, I happen to like that. I read it aloud and it does sound good, I suggest you guys try it...

NunYahBidness
You can't go wrong with Joyce...and yes Keats is bordering on the romanticist's edge, but the man knows his stuff...

Here's a link for those of you that want to know more types of poetry. I suggest you give it a try and see where it goes from there for the lot of you...but seeing as how most that have graced this thread are already well read and knowledgable, I highly doubt anyone else has dared to tread to my House!!!!

www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/types.html

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) Your thread is obviously for the elite, darling wink

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Eat lit. elite lit all eat it ill leet lip.

Syren
Sometimes, I genuinely think you're nothing but an imbecile. But then I read your poetry and we're all good again.

RaeRox
Sigh..Im boredddd....I like this stuff though. Its good.

Syren
Fascinating stuff yes

Fëanor
Sometimes, I genuinely think you're nothing but an imbecile. But then I read your poetry and we're all good again. laughing just sometimes?!?! stick out tongue

Syren
Yes, sometimes tongue12

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What are you impaling in my eye-sockets?

Syren
Nine inch nails happy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I meet your 'nine inch nails' and raise you a foot long schlong.

Syren
*raises you...*

shock Uh-oh. Raised too much.

NunYahBidness
Sigh..Im boredddd....I like this stuff though. Its good. Sigh...I'm excited!!! You should love it! NOW TELL ME YOU LOVE IT!!

And you two!!! Enough with the banter...if there's one thing I cannot abide are two intellects going on about in a row!!! Now put your clothes back on!!!

Syren
'...going on about in a row...'? confused

And when did my clothes come off? miffed

NunYahBidness

And when did my clothes come off? miffed Oh, my bad!!! I was thinking aloud!!! Forgive?!?!

Coldfire

And when did my clothes come off? miffed
stick out tongue

NunYahBidness
stick out tongue I could think the same about you, girly!!!

Coldfire
I could think the same about you, girly!!!
Oh really now.... shifty

stick out tongue

NunYahBidness
Oh really now.... shifty

stick out tongue HA! Let's not clutter this thread with our shifty innuendos girlfriend!!!!

Coldfire
HA! Let's not clutter this thread with our shifty innuendos girlfriend!!!!
lol well I don't have any poems I could share with y'all.... stick out tongue do you??

NunYahBidness
lol well I don't have any poems I could share with y'all.... stick out tongue do you?? All I got out of that was "I have you??"

Coldfire
All I got out of that was "I have you??"
huh

Syren
I understood you Cold, silly man-things, always getting stuff mixed up laughing out loud

Coldfire
I understood you Cold, silly man-things, always getting stuff mixed up laughing out loud
Yeah no kidding eh laughing out loud

NunYahBidness
What?!? I'm a guy!! Can I do no less!!!

NunYahBidness

HA! So I'm off!! Being Saturday night and all!!

Syren
blink

hug *soothes the savage beast*

Coldfire
LOL stick out tongue hug

NunYahBidness
blink

hug *soothes the savage beast* Okay, I may have started the party a leeeeeeeeeeetle too early!!Originally posted by Coldfire
LOL stick out tongue hug HA!!! How lucky am I? To have two sexeh ladies give ol' Nun a hug!! I feel...so privileged!!!

Coldfire
Okay, I may have started the party a leeeeeeeeeeetle too early!! HA!!! How lucky am I? To have two sexeh ladies give ol' Nun a hug!! I feel...so privileged!!!
lol awww well I feel special now stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I like some Poe, don't your know? Oh, Hello...Read it and enjoy the flow from the get go:

Annabel Lee

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in heaven,
Went envying her and me-
Yes!- that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

RaeRox
Okay, I may have started the party a leeeeeeeeeeetle too early!! HA!!! How lucky am I? To have two sexeh ladies give ol' Nun a hug!! I feel...so privileged!!!

hug me too!

Fëanor

Ya Krunk'd Floo
A favorite of mine 'tis, too! That there lingo bring me the pleasure like calling "BINGO!".

It reminds me to refer to this...

The Jabberwocky Interpretation Game!

Anyone else game?

Coldfire

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You didn't understantwords like 'and', 'the', 'did', 'in', 'all', 'were', 'beware', 'took', 'hand', 'long', 'rested', or 'he'!?!?!?! Wow, your reading level is lower than I thought...

Coldfire
You didn't understantwords like 'and', 'the', 'did', 'in', 'all', 'were', 'beware', 'took', 'hand', 'long', 'rested', or 'he'!?!?!?! Wow, your reading level is lower than I thought...
*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Should've known you'd be around to make a smartass comment about everything I say

Ya Krunk'd Floo

I like your irony. Is it intentional?

Fëanor
omg I did not understand a word of that wacko LOL s'aright babes! not everyone can big grinOriginally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I like your irony. Is it intentional? laughing *shakes head*

Syren
Always with the smart comments, you'd think he was trying to break some kind of 'I'm a complete bastard' record.

Fëanor
Always with the smart comments, you'd think he was trying to break some kind of 'I'm a complete bastard' record. trying??? huh laughing

NunYahBidness
Amazing piece Ya Krunk'd...but Poe might be a bit simplistic for some of our 'aspiring poets' to attemp! And Jabberwocky, the wordplay leaves far too many confounded!!!

Coldfire

NunYahBidness
hug me too! Aw! You sure know how to make my heart throb!!!

That ain't the only thing HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Coldfire
Aw! You sure know how to make my heart throb!!!

That ain't the only thing HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
eek laughing out loud

NunYahBidness
eek laughing out loud Hush you!!! You know...I can always make room for two!! Are yah game?

Coldfire
Hush you!!! You know...I can always make room for two!! Are yah game?
Nah I think I'll have to pass... already got plans with someone else wink

NunYahBidness
Nah I think I'll have to pass... already got plans with someone else wink Oh too bad!!! You don't know what you're missing!!

Coldfire
Oh too bad!!! You don't know what you're missing!!
maybeh i do... maybeh i don't stick out tongue

RaeRox
Aw! You sure know how to make my heart throb!!!

That ain't the only thing HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Originally posted by NunYahBidness
Oh too bad!!! You don't know what you're missing!! Originally posted by NunYahBidness
Hush you!!! You know...I can always make room for two!! Are yah game?

Someones got an ego...lol stick out tongue sigh..im bored. If I felt like it....i dont know.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Someones got an ego...lol stick out tongue sigh..im bored. If I felt like it....i dont know.

Ego-a-go-go...Ergo, you are lacking in any sort of self-confidence as a result of an inability to find anything remotely esteem-able about yourself.

Try harder, my dear boy! There must be something...

Fëanor
Thank you for being a smartass babe happy

Hey! I like to think my ass is pretty smart big grin stick out tongue

Coldfire

NunYahBidness
Someones got an ego...lol stick out tongue sigh..im bored. If I felt like it....i dont know. Bored??? Well you can always stroke my ego! RAWR!!! Y'gotta love it!

Coldfire
Bored??? Well you can always stroke my ego! RAWR!!! Y'gotta love it!
laughing out loud

NunYahBidness
laughing out loud And what are you laughing at??? Give it a try sometime! You might just like it! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Coldfire
And what are you laughing at??? Give it a try sometime! You might just like it! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!
suuuuure I would roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

NunYahBidness
suuuuure I would roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue On the outside, you're like this ( no expression ) but on the inside your like this ( Jumpy )

RaeRox
Bored??? Well you can always stroke my ego! RAWR!!! Y'gotta love it!

You mister, are seriously odd. I love it...droolio

NunYahBidness
You mister, are seriously odd. I love it...droolio And you girlfriend know you love it when I talk like that!!! Now where's that dance you promised me oh so long ago that you never really finished!!!! RAWR!!!

Coldfire
On the outside, you're like this ( no expression ) but on the inside your like this ( Jumpy )
lol mayyyyyyyybeh wink

NunYahBidness
lol mayyyyyyyybeh wink Oh for Christ's sake!!! Quit with the maybe's and just admit it!!!

Do I have to spell it out for you? You. Want. Me!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Okay, seriously...I do hope these poems posted have somewhat piqued your interests, jarred your imagination, loaded your creativity with flowing juices that spilleth over!!! Well? Does it?

Coldfire
Oh for Christ's sake!!! Quit with the maybe's and just admit it!!!

Do I have to spell it out for you? You. Want. Me!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Okay, seriously...I do hope these poems posted have somewhat piqued your interests, jarred your imagination, loaded your creativity with flowing juices that spilleth over!!! Well? Does it?
well some of em have lol. Others I was just like wtf stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nun, me lad...Your Lolita-liking-love tendencies are beginning to scare me in funny places. Gnash.

Syren
Ego-a-go-go...Ergo, you are lacking in any sort of self-confidence as a result of an inability to find anything remotely esteem-able about yourself.

Try harder, my dear boy! There must be something...

Rae is a female wink

And she's got self esteem in abundance, hence the multitude of pictures in the OTF.

RaeRox
Rae is a female wink

And she's got self esteem in abundance, hence the multitude of pictures in the OTF.

Lol Thank you, I couldnt have said it better. Well actually I could try....

Nun, me lad...Your Lolita-liking-love tendencies are beginning to scare me in funny places. Gnash.

YaKrunk I am one sexy ***** and if youre willing to question that **** you baby.

NunYahBidness
well some of em have lol. Others I was just like wtf stick out tongue Try it again, and again!!!!Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nun, me lad...Your Lolita-liking-love tendencies are beginning to scare me in funny places. Gnash. No worries there bruddah!!! I've always got time for mah numbah one guy!!!!Originally posted by RaeRox
Lol Thank you, I couldnt have said it better. Well actually I could try....

YaKrunk I am one sexy ***** and if youre willing to question that **** you baby. Hmm! Delish!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
YaKrunk I am one sexy ***** and if youre willing to question that **** you baby.

Hey baby, a 'Lolita' reference ain't got nuthin ta do wid 'sexiness', but everything to do with age...it wasn't even aimed at you, Sticky Beak.

RaeRox
Try it again, and again!!!! No worries there bruddah!!! I've always got time for mah numbah one guy!!!! Hmm! Delish!

you know it wink

Hey baby, a 'Lolita' reference ain't got nuthin ta do wid 'sexiness', but everything to do with age...it wasn't even aimed at you, Sticky Beak.
That wasnt the comment I was responding to..but ok.....youre lucky nunyah seems to like you...lol.

NunYahBidness
you know it wink

That wasnt the comment I was responding to..but ok.....youre lucky nunyah seems to like you...lol. That's because he and I are one in the same in an odd-couple kind of way...HAHAHAA!!!

I'm just handsomer-er!

Syren
Or you're just one and the same altogether detective

NunYahBidness
Or you're just one and the same altogether detective I beg to differ!!! I may not wax poetic, but I am goodlookin-er! But I see your point!

RaeRox
I beg to differ!!! I may not wax poetic, but I am goodlookin-er! But I see your point! Originally posted by NunYahBidness
That's because he and I are one in the same in an odd-couple kind of way...HAHAHAA!!!

I'm just handsomer-er!

Hotter droolio 2 hotties should hook up yes

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's because he and I are one in the same in an odd-couple kind of way...HAHAHAA!!!

I'm just handsomer-er!

Our love may be star-crossed, but that doesn't mean it don't twinkle.

Have you even seen me shake ma booty? If Yah did, Ya would be da winner. Plus, my visage is like a golden ray of 'friscilating' dusk-light...

Coldfire

I'm just handsomer-er!
reeeeally now stick out tongue
Our love may be star-crossed, but that doesn't mean it don't twinkle.

Have you even seen me shake ma booty? If Yah did, Ya would be da winner. Plus, my visage is like a golden ray of 'friscilating' dusk-light...
haha we'll just see about that wink

RaeRox
You know I wouldnt exactly call this a poetry thread, but hey its fun to hand in, so Im not complaining. Anywhom....lol

Fëanor
You know I wouldnt exactly call this a poetry thread, but hey its fun to hand in, so Im not complaining. Anywhom....lol it's more like where the elite come to talk about poetry i suppose...kinda like what the beatniks used to do in Frisco, yah think?

Syren
Elite... I like that droolio

NunYahBidness

Coldfire
"House of Poets", "House of Poetry" don't matter to me lol

Syren
Founding member? I like that also laughing out loud

RaeRox
Well hey! You can call it whatever you want baby girl!!!! Hmm...it does sort of in a way. Maybe I should change the title to "House of Poets" You're a founding member last I recall!!!

left?

NunYahBidness
left? You should've said: "ME!"

RaeRox
You should've said: "ME!"

YOU!!!

Inspectah Deck
Burst my bubble why doncha

I must say, brilliant idea Watson detective

Coldfire
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I must say, brilliant idea Watson detective
indeed stick out tongue

SatanicHunter
Man this is good poetry Nun. It makes my poetry look lik sh!t sad

Syren
It's famous poetry, for a start wink

Fëanor
*wears black turtleneck sweater and a beret, drinking esspresso smoking a ciggy (not really) *Originally posted by SatanicHunter
Man this is good poetry Nun. It makes my poetry look lik sh!t sad yeah man! it's all about flow and emotion...y'gotta let it inspire you in ways you've never been inspired! kinda like when you reach climax for that split second when you're having sex! or is it when you feel constipated and you grunt so much you come to a revelation?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>