Who Is The Most Inconsistant Comic Book Character Ever!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
Well, explain damn you... smokin'

colossus17
toad smile

Pointinel
archie.

Creshosk
Paige and Cannonball's mother is different each time we see her.

olympian
Apocalipse.

celestial level my heck.

Tha C-Master
I'll agree with apoc... he is inconsistant at times...

Juntai
Gladiator.

Nataku8188
Wolvie can be pretty inconsistent

Tha C-Master
I agree with wolverine there, a hit from namor, than a hit from dd does the exact opposite...

havok801125
I agree with Pointinel. Its gotta be Archie. One moment he's with betty, the next he's with veronica...i mean whats up there

DarkCrawler
Wolverine, duh.

Tha C-Master
DC is alive!!

Hows it been man?

Scoobless
Batman.... shifty

Black Adam
Batman
Wolverine
Flash

thesilverspider
Gladiator
Green lantern............

DigiMark007
GL....jobs down to street-levelers, yet can be Skyfather-esque.

Quick Freeze
woverine and anyone who shouldnt have been beatin by him

Tha C-Master
Give us some good examples...

Knightfall93
Definitely GL. I mean, he gets run around by a street thug then bashes up a Skyfather or something...

Knightfall93
Anarky. In Knightfall, he had to summon Azbats to take down a small Hood gang. In his miniseries, he was suddenly rich and could take on Darkseid and the demon Etrigan a nd stuff...

leonheartmm
galactus
GL
silver surfer
quaysar
jean grey
thor
scarlet witch

Private Pion
Lobo. One minute he's damn near god-like, the next, he's breaking his hand on people.

Darth_Erebus
Pre Crisis Superman BY FAR. One minute he's sneezing solar systems and the next he's getting punched out by The Hulk.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by leonheartmm
galactus

Galactus really isn't inconsistent. His power fluctuates depending on how hungry he is.

The Ion
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Pre Crisis Superman BY FAR. One minute he's sneezing solar systems and the next he's getting punched out by The Hulk.
That isn't too bad. Old school Hulk could get pretty ridiculous too.

leonidas

i second second that nominee. wink

nwg202
wolverine- can take the hulk one on one, gets beaten up by ninjas or cyclops.
flash- can outrace death, gets taken out by deathstroke.
gl- contains an exploding star, loses to a bunch of third rate villains

grey fox
Originally posted by Private Pion
Lobo. One minute he's damn near god-like, the next, he's breaking his hand on people.

Yeah but lobo isn't a serious character , he's there for comedical purposes......

who?-kid
(at the risk of being shot) Wonder Woman !!

Other inconsistent characters, in random order:

- Wolverine
- Flash
- Hulk
- Galactus

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by leonidas
i second second that nominee. wink lol

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by leonheartmm
galactus
GL
silver surfer
quaysar
jean grey
thor
scarlet witch

How the hell could you forget Wolverine? lol everyone knows it. one issue, he's a martial arts pro, Cap level-plus, next he's getting punked all over. first, he get's thrown out the top of a skyscraper, lands, gets up, dusts himself off and gets ready for more, then he gets shot and is out for the resto of the issue! I only mention him because 1. he's just that damn annoying and 2. I haven't read many other inconsistent characters...

Tron
Wow, I'm surprised no one's said Darkseid.

Lord-of-Dreams
y?

Spawnrules
so powerful but gets beat up by superman

DarkCrawler
And Superman isn't powerful?

Spawnrules
not as powerful as darkseid

willRules
Batman

CaptainStoic
Lobo by far.

Sixth_Winged
Galactus - i know power level fluctuates but he often forgets he could just shrug other people's powers or strikes

Thor - a guy who can take class 100 punches without too much severe effect jobs to bullets. Avenger's thor is way to inconsistent

Silver Surfer - one minute he's a high-end herald and the next, just a glorified street leveller with exotic powers.

Green Lantern - I find rayner and jordan disturbingly inconsistent at times

Scarlet Witch - well hex magic....or just her plain powers based on dissassembled had always been just that..

Wonderwoman - vs. Cheetah, vs. Slade, vs. Batman. she shouldn't be affected at all by a nerve strike by street levellers. And then there's her speed which fluctuates heavily based on the plot. probably just bad writing

Martian Manhunter - so far a contender for #1 spot. One or two speedfeats coupled with terrible jobbing.

Solomon Grundy - well, i guess there should be an explanation on his inconsistency in strength.

Mindship
Basically, unless there is a logical explanation for the varying power levels (eg, Galactus's level of hunger, Hulk's anger), I find most top-tier characters quite inconsistent in terms of power level AND range of powers (ie, versatility).

Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: these and others are all characters who--if always written true to form--would likely quickly tax writers' imagination and skill.

They are all so damn powerful and can do so many things that it would be nigh-impossible to keep coming up with interesting and believable stories.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mindship
Basically, unless there is a logical explanation for the varying power levels (eg, Galactus's level of hunger, Hulk's anger), I find most top-tier characters quite inconsistent in terms of power level AND range of powers (ie, versatility).

Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: these and others are all characters who--if always written true to form--would likely quickly tax writers' imagination and skill.

They are all so damn powerful and can do so many things that it would be nigh-impossible to keep coming up with interesting and believable stories.

Well said. And I agree. thumb up

Swanky-Tuna
He could never sneeze a solar system out in the first place. T'was the magic dust that did that.

Marcus4600
Superdick is definate.
SLADE! One minute, he can take out the whole JLA, and the next he's getting whomped by Nightwing? I thought he had precognition?
Wolverine, mostly because people get him and Ultimate confused. Someone yesterday said that 616 can cut through Iron Man's armor, when he can't!
Also, I'm surprised nobody said Carnage.

manjaro
two for me...
1. superman...boyscoutism aside, even ppl whom he should be easily able to breeze thru he either chooses to talk it out with them, and lectures them how everyone should get along and blah blah, or let them get convincing blows in

2. Batman....if you go by the implications of mr. terrific he's either the 1st or the second smartest guy in DC, but going by how many abject geniouses i know are in DC bats is still in my top 10, but few have the resources he does...superboy, back in his leather jacket and shades days is the only person i can think of with a bigger ego, and more foolish pride than batman. this dude has the world as an oyster, he can literally create a battle suit unlike the world has ever seen and single handledly eradciate crime from gotham...the world even but NNOOOOOOOOOO he's all about doing things the hard way, to show that tho he doesnt have any powers he can still be as relevnt has anybody who dons a cape..

and kyle should be a god among insects. i cant believe that the same guy who contained exploding stars, survived black hooles, and absorbed all of OA's energy(to become ion) is the one i see getting his fingers broke by slade or being hypnotized to think he was blind, by having the ring slipped on his finger while he slept

Tha C-Master
I notice alot less people mentioned Wolverine, am I far off by assuming that its because they toned him down a bit...

The Fake Macoy
Toned him down? They ridiculously overpowered him, which is why he's inconsistant! Unless you're talking about his first appearance, in which he was toned down from that, but not as much as some would think.

Validus
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He could never sneeze a solar system out in the first place. T'was the magic dust that did that.
The dust only made him sneeze but it didn't enhance his sneezing power or anything. Normal people were affected by the dust too and it's not like they went around blowing over skyscrapers. Earth 2 Superman casually out blew out stars at his peak.

For the record, Pre-Crisis Superman probably had a more stable power level than todays version. It only seems to vary when you look at random feats posted online because those feats were written 20 or 30 years apart. It's like saying current Superman is inconsistent because in 1986 it took him 20 minutes to fly to the moon and he could barely lift a mountain while in 2006 he goes from Earth to the sun instantly and his punches cause holes in reality.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Toned him down? They ridiculously overpowered him, which is why he's inconsistant! Unless you're talking about his first appearance, in which he was toned down from that, but not as much as some would think. Oh I agree there are several fanboys that mistake him for god, however they have dramatically declined since my debut here... part of which was me owning them and the other was the face mentioned prior.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I notice alot less people mentioned Wolverine, am I far off by assuming that its because they toned him down a bit... IT's kinda like an obsession isn't it? laughing out loud

Maybe people have set aside their irritation from certain threads and are able to focus on the characters that are truly inconsistant rather than preceived to be out of spite and mallice.

willRules
Originally posted by Creshosk
IT's kinda like an obsession isn't it? laughing out loud

Maybe people have set aside their irritation from certain threads and are able to focus on the characters that are truly inconsistant rather than preceived to be out of spite and mallice.

Or it could be that Logan is such an inconsistent character that people are fed up of saying it wink

Knightfall93
Wolverine would suck without the X-Men to be honest. In the Uk there's a Wolverine/ Deadpool collectors edition and the Logan stories SUCK... though Wade owns all

Black Rob
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well, explain damn you... smokin' if you mean power wise,i'd say Wolverine,but all characters have different writers and their popularity wanes and waxes so almost every comic character is inconsistant

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
The dust only made him sneeze but it didn't enhance his sneezing power or anything. Normal people were affected by the dust too and it's not like they went around blowing over skyscrapers. Earth 2 Superman casually out blew out stars at his peak.

For the record, Pre-Crisis Superman probably had a more stable power level than todays version. It only seems to vary when you look at random feats posted online because those feats were written 20 or 30 years apart. It's like saying current Superman is inconsistent because in 1986 it took him 20 minutes to fly to the moon and he could barely lift a mountain while in 2006 he goes from Earth to the sun instantly and his punches cause holes in reality.

Validus
Can't read it.

Scarecrow756
Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Can't read it. "Desperately with my Super-Breath I proppeled the giant star..."

Thunderstrike
Did he calculate how long it would take with Super-math?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.