Rockstar:inxs??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
does anyone watch this show? it's about inxs looking for a new lead singer. it's really good, and the music's great

Superfly4000
I watch it all the time. i cant believe they cut Ty. It has to be because he's black.

DeVi| D0do
This show is a million times better than Idol... which isn't saying much.

stormfront13
I hope suzie wins

tabby999
i hate it, INXS are a ledgendary aussie band and we send them to america to find a new singer. its not right. if The Eagles or Motly Crue lost their singer, went to china and had a comp to get a new singer, would you be happy. i'm not trying to be racist, but i think having an american singer (or anyone other than a Aussie) seems dissrespectful to Hutcheson, especially getting one in such a bullshit way. same with having a female lead singer, its not that i dont like women, its just that i dont think it's right having a female lead singer to the band

stormfront13
i understand where your coming from, but they were also very popular in the U.S.A. actually more of their records were sold in the U.S. and what would be wrong with a woman leading inxs? I'm not a woman, but if I read that comment and was a girl, then I'd be offended. by doing this, it seems like they would be looking for a new image, and having a female lead singer would complete that.

BOPRecruit 16
marty casey is my fave. best vocals and song choice in my opinion! love his cover of live's 'i alone' and nirvana's 'lithium'! eek! rock also, love the points and opinions he gives out about his song choices and when inxs reviews his performances.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/RockStar/Rockstar%20Week%2003-Tuesday%20Performance/20050724_Episode_103B_1447.jpg
*this is when he covered "lithium". the next night inxs had him do an encore perfomance. he was that good!*

HERE'S THE OFFICIAL MSN SITE FOR THE SHOW: ROCKSTAR: INXS

tabby999
Originally posted by stormfront13
i understand where your coming from, but they were also very popular in the U.S.A. actually more of their records were sold in the U.S. and what would be wrong with a woman leading inxs? I'm not a woman, but if I read that comment and was a girl, then I'd be offended. by doing this, it seems like they would be looking for a new image, and having a female lead singer would complete that.

the fact they sold more records in the US isn't very solid, we have 18 million people, you have over 200 million, you were bound to sell more records over there, not trying to be rude, thats the way i see it. and as for the whole "women shouldn't front the band" thing, i just dont think a band like INXS should replace someone like Micheal Hutcheson with someone whos not Aussie, a female or for that matter, anyone at all. i dont think that if he was to come back to life and see what a circus the band he was in has become and how they're not getting someone they think would be a prefect replacement, but someone from a stupid tv show, he'd be disgusted.

stormfront13
Originally posted by tabby999
the fact they sold more records in the US isn't very solid, we have 18 million people, you have over 200 million, you were bound to sell more records over there, not trying to be rude, thats the way i see it. and as for the whole "women shouldn't front the band" thing, i just dont think a band like INXS should replace someone like Micheal Hutcheson with someone whos not Aussie, a female or for that matter, anyone at all. i dont think that if he was to come back to life and see what a circus the band he was in has become and how they're not getting someone they think would be a prefect replacement, but someone from a stupid tv show, he'd be disgusted.

and what i'm saying about how many they sold is that they weren't only an australian band. they were one of the most popular bands in the U.S.A also. Bands always branch out to other countries. look at avril lavigne, the canadians don't hate her for coming to america and singing. saying that a female shouldn't replace him sounds a but sexist. actually, inxs has stated that they would be proud if suzie was the lead singer of the band. they all really like her. also, they have stated that the sex of the lead singer doesn't matter to them. they would be fine with a male or a female singer. the reason they are doing the show is to see who is fit for the band. they can't just go pick some random person off the streets. also it's good publicity, the fans who will buy the records will get a chance to see what he lead singer is like. it makes perfect sence to do this. it's just an audition that is casted on T.V. and do you actually know what he would want? if I came back and saw that my band has become a huge success I would be proud and happy, not disgusted.

travesty87
I love Rockstar INXS. All the contestants are really good. And Marty is amazing.

stormfront13
yeah, the7y are all amazing, but I would love it if suzie won

BOPRecruit 16
kind of sad about how ty got voted off last week. he was good. better than j.d. that is.

stormfront13
yeah, I didn't like ty at all in the beginning, but I started to like him during the middle. I was sad to see him go. my favorites were jessica, suzie, and deanna. did anyone else love deannas original song she wrote with ty, my truth? i loved that song.

WAF3001
i like the show, but none of the contestants are really awesome. I like Marty though.

coolboarder98
Marty and Suzie are up there on my list of favorites. Their respective covers of Bohemian Rhapsody and Wish You Were Here were just amazing. I am hoping to get into the recording arts someday, and that just made me want to get into even more.

stormfront13
I can't wait till the rockstar:inxs CD comes out

crazychick82
Tabby, no disrespect or anything, but I was just wondering if you knew that the contestants were from all over the world? J.D and Suzie are from Canada. Mig is from Australia. And I'm pretty sure that Marty is from the U.S. The show is just taking place IN the U.S. Just letting you know, cause you said something about and Australian band looking for an American singer...I don't know. I just thought you should know it's an all-over-the-world type thing! Sorry if I offended anyone in any way!!!

bandCristyband

BOPRecruit 16
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah, I didn't like ty at all in the beginning, but I started to like him during the middle. I was sad to see him go. my favorites were jessica, suzie, and deanna. did anyone else love deannas original song she wrote with ty, my truth? i loved that song.

i also liked brandon alot. he was such an amazing performer! didn't see the episode where he got eliminated. such a shame that he got booted off so soon! i like some of the contestants' original songs. like jordis' 'try not' which she co-wrote with marty and mig's 'do or die'. my truth was good too. great lyrics. very meaningful.

stormfront13
yeah, I agree with you

BOPRecruit 16
The LoveHammers - Marty Casey's Band (the guy from 'Rockstar: INXS') >> Only have one album out so far called 'Murder On My Mind'. Check out clips of their songs at the given site! They are good. I promise you!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.