DOOMSDAY vs THANOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE!{the god of war}

King KAM
man..........Im not sure, if its just a fist fight, then doomsday COULD win, but if not then Thanos has energy blasts....

olympian
Thanos.

Avalonofthewind
Straight up fight? Doomsday. Energy blasts are worthless against DD.
With some prep..then Thanos wins.

gamewarrior
I say Doomsday sure Thanos has energy blasts but I figure D can dodge them easily and if he does get shot his thick skin will be enough to keep him from getting toast.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by gamewarrior
I say Doomsday sure Thanos has energy blasts but I figure D can dodge them easily and if he does get shot his thick skin will be enough to keep him from getting toast.

Doomsday would have to dodge them. He's fough a pure energy being..been blasted by the entire justice league. Laught at the omega beams...and went through the GL corps.

In a physical fight...Thanos will not win. He'd have to use his smarts on this one.

gamewarrior
Doomsday's a tough cookie he can take alot of beating punches and energy blasts alike. Thanos is a smart one though and and in some instances the stongest being can be beaten by the smartest.

zachrivard
what doomsday r we talking about??

jgiant
only way thanos can win is if he puts him in the outer reaches of the universe or to the end of time. But if we are talking about doomsday only having one life than i think thanos can beat the original doomsday and possibly hunter/prey.

Juntai
Doomsday, energy doesnt affect him and Thanos couldn't beat him physically, I don't think.

LexCorp
We've done this before. Since both don't die, its ultimately a stalemate, i see doomsday beating up on thanos in the first battle, Thanos leaves (which isn't a loss) to build something, he comes back and traps him and sends him off into the universe/dimension. Doomsday gets out, rinse and repeat. Thanos has controlled beings that were possiably tougher then him but dumber.

jinzin
yeah we did this already and it was a good debate, there was a lot of question as to whether or not thanos would win....I have my doubts but you really have to read that thread to get a true understanding of what thanos is up against here.

King KAM
didnt Superman beat his doomsdays monkey ass in the rematch, when doomsday was the new smarter version??

jinzin
Originally posted by King KAM
didnt Superman beat his doomsdays monkey ass in the rematch, when doomsday was the new smarter version?? \

that was doomsday rex...since then though doomsday's become badass all over again.

King KAM
Originally posted by jinzin
\

that was doomsday rex...since then though doomsday's become badass all over again.
The Man of Steel kicks ass, i wish he didnt, but he does.

jinzin
i'm not debating that..you should check out the thanos vs. gog thread for what dd's been doin most recently...

King KAM
jinzin, i love you....

hahaha juss kiddin

jinzin
laughing out loud

LexCorp
what was doomsdays intellegence?

Wickerman
Originally posted by jinzin
i'm not debating that..you should check out the thanos vs. gog thread for what dd's been doin most recently...

It was that thread that proved to me once and for all what a killer DD really is. Having a 100 year battle just out of spite and hatred.....and winning....Jesus......Thanos is up against a crapload here. I don't know if he COULD do it or not.....he's one of the toughest non-skyfather cookies in the MU.....but without prep.....i'm seriously not sure he'd win.

~wickerman~

supremthor
her ir is

supremthor

supremthor

supremthor

h1a8
This should be the last reply.
Fact 1: Doomsday is immune to all energy projection.
Evidence1: D.C. said this when they were showing his battles with a godly being of pure energy. The godly being killed DD. But DD ressurrected with immunity to all energy and easily killed this being.
Evidence2: DD took the supreme limit of energy blasts from the entire Justice League (even Superman's and Green Lantern's) without a scratch (it is understood that thanos cosmic blast does not exceed that of the supreme combine blasts of Superman and Green Lantern alone). DD took a close range full force omega effect beam from Darkseid (again without a scratch). This shows that not only DD can not be damaged by energy but he cannot be molecularly altered either. He was only altered by Imperiex through a virus (not energy) that undid DD evolution.
Fact2: Thano's strength limit is very near 100tons (thousands of times weaker than Superman. Thus by deduction weaker than DD as well).
Evidence2. I have several handbooks and nearly all marvel cards from 1990-95. Many sources from these list Thanos as a 6 in strength (90-100tons) and not a 7 (over 100tons).

Thus there is no way for Thanos to compete physically (including cosmic blasts) with DD. It may be true that Thanos cannot die. But he can certainly be rendered unconscience (it has happen several times). Also in marvel comics it is found that no power or enchantment is absolute. For example, The living tribunal and eternity was outpowered by thanos with the infinity gauntlet. Physically, Thor has killed beings that supposedly couldn't die ( he overpowered their enchantment). In other words, Death's powers are not absolute and Thanos could be killed by a power greater than hers (maybe not by DD of course, but its possible!, for Thor has achieved such feats).

Thus DD either renders an unprep Thanos unconscience or kills him 10/10.

Wally West
Originally posted by h1a8
Fact2: Thano's strength limit is very near 100tons (thousands of times weaker than Superman. Thus by deduction weaker than DD as well). Evidence2. I have several handbooks and nearly all marvel cards from 1990-95. Many sources from these list Thanos as a 6 in strength (90-100tons) and not a 7 (over 100tons).
Thanos is now a 7 for strength (check Marvel.com) and well over class 100.

Thanos wins this, hes to smart and to durable (Odin couldn't keep him down). He wouldn't stand there trading blows like a mindless monster, he'd use his head and find a way to trick Doomsday or inprison him or something, not necessarly killing Doomsday but effectivly winning the fight.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos is now a 7 for strength (check Marvel.com) and well over class 100.

Thanos wins this, hes to smart and to durable (Odin couldn't keep him down). He wouldn't stand there trading blows like a mindless monster, he'd use his head and find a way to trick Doomsday or inprison him or something, not necessarly killing Doomsday but effectivly winning the fight.

Precisely. You can use the fights between Thanos and Champion as examples. Thanos is just too intelligent to lose this.

golem370
Thanos went toe to toe with Mad Warrior Thor with the power gem I think Doomsday would win sometimes but Thanos also has Matter Manipulation and other tricks to.

Mider
Doomsday would trap him and experiment on him but he would be one dangerious guy to even the likes of Thanos but yeah Thanos with his smarts would win but Doomsday isnt a jobber like champion.

Mider
but with out prep Thanos would lose eventually but i dont think he's stupid enough to lose.....HE'S FREAKING THANOS!

Femi32
How strong is Doomsday compared to Thanos?

King KAM
Originally posted by Femi32
How strong is Doomsday compared to Thanos? Thanos has lifted an object that weighed over 100,000tons

Sixth_Winged
Since when was TOHOTMU or Marvel cards ever considered a fact in any board?

You should check other threads with the ruling on this kinds of things.

Not saying that i know of Thanos specific strength level as well but you should recognize unreliable sources such as these.

dvampire
Thanos has lifted an object that weighed over 100,000tons

Where was this?

King KAM
Originally posted by dvampire
Where was this? when he picked up his ship, you know the huge one he rides in...thats when

demigawd
When did he pick up his ship, and where did it say it was 100,000 tons?

King KAM
Originally posted by demigawd
When did he pick up his ship, and where did it say it was 100,000 tons? Look at the size of the damn thing

dvampire
Look at the size of the damn thing

What issue?

King KAM
Originally posted by dvampire
What issue? getting it from Long Pig right now, ill have it up here by tonite

demigawd
Look at the size of the damn thing

Oh, so in other words you made it up.

Got it! wink

King KAM
Oh, so in other words you made it up.

Got it! wink have you seen thanos ship???

demigawd
have you seen thanos ship???

Yes, and I've seen no weight assigned to it. What, did 100,000 tons just FEEL right to you or something?

King KAM
Yes, and I've seen no weight assigned to it. What, did 100,000 tons just FEEL right to you or something? its large atleast the size of tall tower building, which weigh more than 100,000 tons

demigawd
its large atleast the size of tall tower building, which weigh more than 100,000 tons

And you know that from seeing the ship next to a tall tower building? What issue was THAT?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.