Old Republic vs. New Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingDubya
I don't know where this idea came from, but I just thought it seems pretty cool. The Old Republic (from KOTOR, KOTOR 2, and the like) versus the New Republic (after the defeat of the Empire). Who'd win?

Dimmimar
The Old Republic. It has far much more collective Jedi knowledge, an army, Battle Meditation, et cetera.

Darth Nhilus
Old Republic takes this.

Tangible God
The Old republic BEFORE the war with Exar Kun began. After that, plus the Mandalorians, plus Revan's Sith, the Old Republic was in pretty bad shape. And let's face it, The New Repub. held off the Yuuzhan Vong for 5 years. That's pretty good.

Lord Janus
That is pretty good.

Illustrious
The same Vong that cowered from the Galactic Empire?

Lord Janus
That is bad.

Tangible God
The very same. I 100% believe the Empire could take on anyone, as I say in the Fleet Battles thread. But the same Vong that feared the Empire were held back and defeated (kinda) by the New Republic.

Lord Janus
If the Empire was so damn good, how'd they lose to a bunch of rebels on ANY front? And the Sith Empire would beat the shit out of the Galactic Empire in force powers alone.

Illustrious
The Sith Empire could beat the shit out of most anything -- they were held back because of constant infighting and backstabbing. If they could just get their act together, and direct all of their forces towards one direction, they would easily be the most powerful.

atlant80
yea Naga sadow says "Men are your stars ready?"
General "we have combined our powers and are ready!"
Sadow & quot;Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Janus
If the Empire was so damn good, how'd they lose to a bunch of rebels on ANY front? And the Sith Empire would beat the shit out of the Galactic Empire in force powers alone. I meant militarily, if there were 100 000 co-ordinated, non-backstabbing Palpatines controlling the Empire, that would be impressive. And I know the Ancient Sith would kick their ass using Force Powers, but..... what about without the Force?

Lord Janus
They wouldn't be the Sith Empire, duh. lol

Illustrious
Originally posted by Tangible God
I meant militarily, if there were 100 000 co-ordinated, non-backstabbing Palpatines controlling the Empire, that would be impressive. And I know the Ancient Sith would kick their ass using Force Powers, but..... what about without the Force?

That's like saying what happens if the Galactic Empire didn't have technology. You can't take away the foundation and expect there to be a debate of what's left.

Tangible God
Oh shucks, but they throw such fun parties. Their GRRRRRRRReat.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Illustrious
That's like saying what happens if the Galactic Empire didn't have technology. You can't take away the foundation and expect there to be a debate of what's left. The Ancient Sith must have had a fleet, and since this is a thread about two different factions that aren't controlled by the Force, do the same with The two Empires. The Galactic one wasn't really Force co-ordinated, so do the same to Ancient Sith, could their fleet withhold against the Imperials?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Tangible God
The Ancient Sith must have had a fleet, and since this is a thread about two different factions that aren't controlled by the Force, do the same with The two Empires. The Galactic one wasn't really Force co-ordinated, so do the same to Ancient Sith, could their fleet withhold against the Imperials?

But we aren't aware of any of this. We know there fleet did use the force. That's like saying how good would Mace be if he was a Makashi master and was Sith. You're just adding to needless speculation. Like I said, you can't take out the foundation and expect a debate on what's left.

Lord Janus
Agreed.

Tangible God
So without the Force, The Empire would win. But with the Force, the Sith would win.

(click)wink Gotcha

Illustrious
I didn't say that, I'm saying you can only throw speculation that's not even half grounded in fact.

Like I've said twice already. If you take out the foundation, some buildings may collapse entirely, some may teeter, or some may appear to be fine. There's no method of ensuring the exact parameters if you add or remove something at whim.

Lord Janus
That itself is too clean cut for a real point. You have to consider the variables involved in the scenario. Generals on each side. Priority targets. to be honest, you cannot truthgully compare two armies any more than you can predict the weather. Too many variables, and too much to consider for any one person.

Rand al'Thor
Dude the Dark Jawa army could pwn both the Old Republic and the New Republic combined with the entire might of the Vong, Ancient Sith and the Raktan Empire.

Illustrious
The Dark Jawa army has the power of Artoo. It doesn't matter. A single, parapalegic Army could move into an area and instantly convert it into the Jawa fiefdom.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Illustrious
I didn't say that, I'm saying you can only throw speculation that's not even half grounded in fact.

Like I've said twice already. If you take out the foundation, some buildings may collapse entirely, some may teeter, or some may appear to be fine. There's no method of ensuring the exact parameters if you add or remove something at whim. I know. I really do. But I'm just summing it up to its average. There's too much to look at on both sides to calculate the outcome.

atlant80
guys this is what happans. the sith are pwning then Artoo gets pissed and kills all the sith. the jawas kill everyone else. Artoo gets pissed at the jawas and starts a war with them. Artoo single handedly kills all but one jawa: lord janus. After a huge fight janus manages to defeat the weakened Artoo but he is the last jawa in the galaxy. the end

Darth Nhilus
Good story, make a sequel, yeah!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.