Are comic book debates about winning or losing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
I read these two posts and they made me wonder about KMC, what do you think members?

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
They most certainly are. Since ive joined phoenix has come off significantly better in debates. Some members agree totally with what i say, for some the concept has been elevated to LT status and thats just fine with me. Im rather pleased with that accomplishment, which is why i can afford to be quite complacent and let the odd phoenix thread slide by. Members who have proven themselves, members widely respected here have been enlightened. Thats a great feeling. I wish you could share it. eek!

I find this post fascinating it implies that publicity can control forum members, what do you think are debates about winning or debating?

What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened. smile

Do you think GS has beaten you in a debate and is superior to you?
Do you think like he does and respect some members more than others?

Do you feel enlightened or can "victories" on a web forum only be hollow or in the "winners" mind?

Lets just say that phoenixes status on this forum is alot more secure than you'd wish to believe. Despite your best efforts. sad

Make a few more threads test it out. See who replies. So far ive seen only past victims or the newly registered. Hence my complacency big grin

Do you see yourself as a "victim" of GS and his essays?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I find this post fascinating it implies that publicity can control forum members, what do you think are debates about winning or debating.

laughing

GalacticStorm
I read these two posts and they made me wonder about KMC, what do you think members.

I find this post fascinating it implies that publicity can control forum members, what do you think are debates about winning or debating?

Do you think GS has beaten you in a debate and is superior to you?
Do you think like he does and respect some members more than others?

Do you feel enlightened or can "victories" on a web forum only be hollow or in the "winners" mind?

No member on here is superior to another. Members debating skills and comic book knowledge can vary vastly helping some members to come across better in debates, however we are all equal on these forums. Despite what some posters might think. Any person who states otherwise is trolling, just having a laugh or is deluded.

I was wrong to say debates are merely about winning or losing. As aforementioned some peoples views can come across stronger than others due to how theyre preseented however debates are all about conversing with people of similar interests and listening to the views and opinions of others whilst sharing your own. The result at the end is that both sides will be enlightened somewhat.

Whirlysplatt
No member on here is superior to another. Members debating skills and comic book knowledge can vary vastly helping some members to come across better in debates, however we are all equal on these forums. Despite what some posters might think. Any person who states otherwise is trolling, just having a laugh or is deluded.

I was wrong to say debates are merely about winning or losing. As aforementioned some peoples views can come across stronger than others due to how theyre preseented however debates are all about conversing with people of similar interests and listening to the views and opinions of others whilst sharing your own. The result at the end is that both sides will be enlightened somewhat.
You say your wrong in this post eek!
does that mean I win? roll eyes (sarcastic) no

I see and does this post indicate enlightenment?

smile

pr1983
I think this thread, with respect to both of you, is pointless... personal shit should at the very worst be in the threads they were started in... we dont need new threads...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by pr1983
I think this thread, with respect to both of you, is pointless... personal shit should at the very worst be in the threads they were started in... we dont need new threads...

its not personal pr, you know my thoughts on equality and slagging off members as a group or putting oneself above others, I satirise this behaviour and laugh at it. Its not personal beyond that.
I like GS.

GalacticStorm
I see and does this post indicate enlightenment?

An enlightenment at your end i hope. If im misinterpreted its through no fault of my own i can only explain myself. Im just hoping that was the case and i wasnt intentionally being painted in a bad light. evil face

Either way i love the attention. I'll have to make you a thread in return. big grin

pr1983
I think while some people may come across as being arrogant or superior, only do so in arguments where things can on occasion be rather heated...

Shit happens... while there may be people who would be considered superior, its usually ok once its kept in its own thread...

and whirly... i am not going to let you know my opinion of your thoughts... stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
An enlightenment at your end i hope. If im misinterpreted its through no fault of my own i can only explain myself. Im just hoping that was the case and i wasnt intentionally being painted in a bad light. evil face

Either way i love the attention. I'll have to make you a thread in return. big grin

so you don't actually think you were wrong at all?
Your posts only offer your opinionssmile
Please go aheadsmile

Whirlysplatt
I think while some people may come across as being arrogant or superior, only do so in arguments where things can on occasion be rather heated...

Shit happens... while there may be people who would be considered superior, its usually ok once its kept in its own thread...

and whirly... i am not going to let you know my opinion of your thoughts... stick out tongue

smile ok

GalacticStorm

Exactly. I tend to sometimes when in debate or sometimes just for a bit of fun. Who takes these debates seriously anyway? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Im not so kind wink

pr1983
Who takes these debates seriously anyway? roll eyes (sarcastic)

bar wolvie fanboys i doubt very many people...

Whirlysplatt
Exactly. I tend to sometimes when in debate or sometimes just for a bit of fun. Who takes these debates seriously anyway? roll eyes (sarcastic)

According to you, you do smile

Length of membership does not equal respected member im afraid. I made sure to have a long read before i made my return post. Im well aware of what has been said and as aforementioned:

Ive managed to convince with a high level of success numerous members who are widely respected on this forum. While some of these members dont believe all of what i claim the character has been significantly elevated in status thanks to myself. I am content.

The opinions of those who have have been struck down by the GS in the past are of no consequence.

The disbelief of new members while not exactly desired can not be avoided without effort from my part. Effort which is currently beyond me being the lazy student i am. However I am glad to count the respected and proven members of this forum amongst those i have enlightened. Again i say i am content. smile

GalacticStorm
According to you, you do smile

Everyone likes their favourite character to be seen in a favourable light. I wont lie and say i dont care at all about the outcome of debates. Everyone does. The degree to which posters do care just depends on the topic and their character preferences . I'll admit the threads i care most about are Phoenix/Storm related however i wouldnt log off crying or embark on a revenge mission if i came off worse in a debate.

Whirlysplatt
Everyone likes their favourite character to be seen in a favourable light. I wont lie and say i dont care at all about the outcome of debates. Everyone does. The degree to which posters do care just depends on the topic and their character preferences . I'll admit the threads i care most about are Phoenix/Storm related however i wouldnt log off crying or embark on a revenge mission if i came off worse in a debate.

just as well for me I guess fishysmile

you can't get to the great pyramid properly now can you?

can you get inside at all now?

GalacticStorm
just as well for me I guess fishysmile

you can't get to the great pyramid properly now can you?

can you get inside at all now?

Yeah you can now. It is so claustrophobic in there. I didnt have long in there because i was on a tour and had to go to the museum as well. I loved the market. Me and my family got so much attention because we we were black. All the men were calling my mum brown sugar lol. She got dozens of marriage proposals. Made quite a few friends out there as well. I met a nice young teacher out there travelling alone. I'll hopefully be going out for a drink with her in a few weeks. big grin

Whirlysplatt
Yeah you can now. It is so claustrophobic in there. I didnt have long in there because i was on a tour and had to go to the museum as well. I loved the market. Me and my family got so much attention because we we were black. All the men were calling my mum brown sugar lol. She got dozens of marriage proposals. Made quite a few friends out there as well. I met a nice young teacher out there travelling alone. I'll hopefully be going out for a drink with her in a few weeks. big grin

yes it is very claustrphobic in there. but amazing from the outside, sounds like you had a great time.

GalacticStorm
yes it is very claustrphobic in there. but amazing from the outside, sounds like you had a great time.

Indeed i did. My time in Cairo and in the bedouin camp were the highlights of the holiday. But i did go enjoy Luxor and a boat trip around the Red Sea as well. It was one of the best holidays ive been on. I want to go Japan now or New Orleans during Mardi Gras.

Tha C-Master
GS already in a fight, go girl!!!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
GS already in a fight, go girl!!!

laughing out loud go girl laughing out loud

your a bad man CM

Whirlysplatt
Indeed i did. My time in Cairo and in the bedouin camp were the highlights of the holiday. But i did go enjoy Luxor and a boat trip around the Red Sea as well. It was one of the best holidays ive been on. I want to go Japan now or New Orleans during Mardi Gras.

New Orleans appeals to me my brother has been to both NO and Japan lucky bastard.

Tha C-Master
laughing out loud go girl laughing out loud

your a bad man CM wait, was it something I said... confused

GalacticStorm
Speaking of one of my past victims......

Creshosk
wait, was it something I said... confused Think about the "go girl" line. smile Much like Xmarksthespot and AC. . . Appearences can be decieving. wink

Sentry

Japan is great. I've been there like 6 times already, and I love it there. I'd get up and move there if weren't so damn crowded and everything weren't so damn cramped. Tokyo's fine, but the rural areas like Tachibana & Okinawa are great. Kinda reminds me of the island I grew up on, Maui Hawaii.

pr1983
Originally posted by Creshosk
Think about the "go girl" line. smile Much like Xmarksthespot and AC. . . Appearences can be decieving. wink

you thought ac was a girl?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sentry
Japan is great. I've been there like 6 times already, and I love it there. I'd get up and move there if weren't so damn crowded and everything weren't so damn cramped. Tokyo's fine, but the rural areas like Tachibana & Okinawa are great. Kinda reminds me of the island I grew up on, Maui Hawaii.

So are you hawaiian then?

Creshosk
you thought ac was a girl?

No, Spelljammer did.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4883211#post4883211

Sentry
So are you hawaiian then?

Part Hawaiian.

pr1983
No, Spelljammer did.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4883211#post4883211

ah, ok...

Tha C-Master
Speaking of one of my past victims...... Good for you girl, represent the sisters!!!!

Creshosk
Good for you girl, represent the sisters!!!! laughing out loud

Now I KNOW you're doing it on purpose!

Tha C-Master
Cresh is happy you are bringing the sisters out to be known, I am proud of you too, GS.

GalacticStorm
Cresh is happy you are bringing the sisters out to be known, I am proud of you too, GS.

wink

Whirlysplatt
The fact you spend so much time talking about me on im I think is to do with this concept you have about winning and losing GS, thats why you tell people I make people look silly, don't hate. smile

Creshosk
The fact you spend so much time talking about me on im I think is to do with this concept you have about winning and losing GS, thats why you tell people I make people look silly, don't hate. smile So, what was the point of this thread? evil face

. . . sorry. embarrasment

GalacticStorm
The fact you spend so much time talking about me on im I think is to do with this concept you have about winning and losing GS, thats why you tell people I make people look silly, don't hate. smile

You are under the misconception that i go around talking to other people, about you, bringing you up. Im sorry to disappoint you but you have been misinformed. I have spoken to said person and that is very much the case. If asked about you i will certainly refer to you just as i have done many a time on forum.

Whirlysplatt
You are under the misconception that i go around talking to other people, about you, bringing you up. Im sorry to disappoint you but you have been misinformed. I have spoken to said person and that is very much the case. If asked about you i will certainly refer to you just as i have done many a time on forum.

When have you said on forum I enjoy making people look silly GS? big grin

Whirlysplatt
So, what was the point of this thread? evil face

. . . sorry. embarrasment

To get to the bottom of GS thinking some people on the forum are more important than others. Something I think is ridicuous. smile

Creshosk
To get to the bottom of GS thinking some people on the forum are more important than others. Something I think is ridicuous. smile Sure they are. . Digimark, Tron and Paola for example. laughing

You do get that don't you? confused

Tha C-Master
I figured this is where that crap started...

GalacticStorm
To get to the bottom of GS thinking some people on the forum are more important than others. Something I think is ridicuous. smile

Since when do i think that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I respect the opinion of some more than others but there's nothing wrong with that at all as far as im concerned. Whether you agree with that or not is of no concern to me.

GalacticStorm
All of this because of a flopped mission?

Come on mate let it go.

I have a level of respect for everyone on these forums however the level i have for each person depends on their contributions to the forum which is fair enough.

demigawd

Well, you can scratch the former from your list for awhile. But I've been lucky enough to have visited both places during concert tours. The fans there are great. NO and Japan are two of the most musically astute places in the world. I hope N.O. recovers quickly...I was hoping to perform at Jazzfest in April.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by demigawd
Well, you can scratch the former from your list for awhile. But I've been lucky enough to have visited both places during concert tours. The fans there are great. NO and Japan are two of the most musically astute places in the world. I hope N.O. recovers quickly...I was hoping to perform at Jazzfest in April.

I completely missed all of the new about Hurricane Katrina because of my holiday. I cant believe all of the damage it did. When are you back home?

demigawd
I completely missed all of the new about Hurricane Katrina because of my holiday. I cant believe all of the damage it did. When are you back home?

October 3rd. After a stop in Barcelona.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.