E-Mail Notification

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt_Fantastic
I hope this hasn't been addressed. I looked, but didn't see a thread. My apologies to whomever has to close the thread, should that be the case.

Okay, my question is this:

When I post in a thread, it shows up in my user control panel and the site notifies me by email that "someone has replied to blah, blah, blah". Now, I wanted to get rid of the email notifications, because I was getting tons of them every day...which can be annoying. So, I went to my options page, and clicked 'no' to email notifications. However, I would like to be able to use my control panel to keep track of threads I've posted in, without the email notifications. As it is now, I get no emails, nor does my control panel keep track of threads to which I've posted. Is it one way or the other? No in-between?

Thanks

Mandorallen
Here is what you can do.

by clicking on the "Subscribe to thread" link, you can Look at your user cp and see what the topic that was posted in, scince the last time you checked your user cp.

this is good I do it all the time..

Lana
He's asking if there's a way to subscribe to a thread without getting emails when someone replies to it.

So far as I know, there isn't.

Clovie
i've subscribed to whole forums so generally i see new replies (no notifications then)
with subscribing to thread you're getting emails..which i'm just automatically deleting

Mandorallen
Try making a decoy E-mail.

T.M
Originally posted by Mandorallen
Try making a decoy E-mail.

thats what i did got email notifications going to my gmail instead of my hotmail big grin

Storm
You sneaky stick out tongue

T.M
Originally posted by Storm
You sneaky stick out tongue

thank you smile

Raz
That will no longer be necessary. You can now subscribe to threads without receiving email notifications.

To stop receiving notifications from current subscribed thread, you will need to first unsubscribe and then re-subscribe selecting the appropriate option.

Exabyte
happy

After each subscription you're now redirected to the Notification-yes-no-question again instead of the thread dontgetit

Clovie
Originally posted by Exabyte
happy

After each subscription you're now redirected to the Notification-yes-no-question again instead of the thread dontgetit yeah laughing out loud
it's looping.

but subscription is being added. blink

Raz
fixed big grin

Clovie
works fine big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.