The Green Lantern Ongoing Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Who is reading this right now? (the one about Hal Jordan... after Rebirth)
I am and I think it's pretty good so far.

8bitChris
I have been. I like it.

jrodslam
Loving it. The battle with Manhunter could have been longer, but i guess they are trying to establish Hal being back. It always feels like months pass when waiting forthe next issue.

What im really waiting for is GL:Corps.

Ultimate Ion
I like it even though I can't stand Hal Jordan. Once the GL Corps series starts up I'll probably stop reading the new GL.

SnakeEyes
I'll read both...
So you can't stand Hal, yet he is in your sig each day.... hmmm...

Ultimate Ion
I knew someone would mention that. laughing

Two things though. I didn't make this sig. I asked for one with Kyle and he decided to throw in Hal. Since he took the time to make it for me I wasn't about to not use it. That would just be rude. smile

Second, I did like Hal when he snapped and turned into Parallax and I also liked him as the Spectre. However as GL I always found him about as interesting as watching paint dry.

jrodslam
Hal rocks. How can you not like the guy.

Ultimate Ion
He's too vanilla and I don't identify with him at all. He didn't become interesting until he went insane. Of course, thanks to the Parallax retcon, we know he didn't actually go insane. Instead he was possessed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
Actually before becoming Parallax, id say he was influenced and not possesed. When he actually became Parallax, thats when id say he was possesed. But i guess i get what youre saying. big grin

Hal still rocks though.

SnakeEyes
I like pretty much all the GL's... John Stewart gets kinda annoying though...

jrodslam
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I like pretty much all the GL's... John Stewart gets kinda annoying though...

Agreed.

pr1983
i like this comic, nice art and writing... hal is ok in my book...

snoopdogg
I have at as one of my current favorite titles right now.

Its only been four issue so far but Hal has shown some pretty impressive feats already.

SnakeEyes
Issue three is the best so far IMO, it was just so awesome when Hal had no more power in his ring and he was like: But I still have a plan. And then he jumped out of his plane and got the power back from that Manhunter. Pure awesomeness.

SnakeEyes
BUMP!

There are about 12 or so issues out right now.

It's doing a One-Year Later arc that's pretty badass.

Anyone reading it?

King_Mungi
I am, I'm glad the Manhunters and Cyborg Superman is back. Funny I think most think I'm a Marvel fan, but really I perfer DC lately.

Validus
So yeah, I like Hal now. no expression

Gosh I'm so fickle. weep

DigiMark007
I read the Corps' series, and I'm considering a subscription rather than just picking them up randomly at my comic store. But I'm leaving Hal's thing alone....though it's nice he's getting one. Between The Corp series, Hal's series, and the random GL's on teams and such (John, Alan, etc.) GL's are a huge force in DC. As a whole, they're probably outselling everyone except Bats and Supes by a lot.

Juntai
I got GL and GLC.
big grin big grin

Love em, some of the best books our right now.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Validus
So yeah, I like Hal now. no expression

Gosh I'm so fickle. weep

What changed your mind? wink

Validus
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
What changed your mind? wink
Geoff is kicking more ass on this series than I expected. It got really good right around the two Green Arrow issues and has been progressing really well.

I still think the first 4-5 issues were so-so.

King_Mungi
I was suprized what Mongel jr. did to his sister, pretty badass actually.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Geoff is kicking more ass on this series than I expected. It got really good right around the two Green Arrow issues and has been progressing really well.

I still think the first 4-5 issues were so-so. Geoff rocked JSA too.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
Geoff rocked JSA too.

JSA, Titans, The Crisis, Action Comics, G.L, Rebirth, Recharge, 52 ...... G.J. has singly handidly restored D.C. to its silver age greatness.

Juntai
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
JSA, Titans, The Crisis, Action Comics, G.L, Rebirth, Recharge, 52 ...... G.J. has singly handidly restored D.C. to its silver age greatness. He's helped restor DC, for sure. I like more current comics far more than Silver age tho.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
He's helped restor DC, for sure. I like more current comics far more than Silver age tho.

Agreed .... i just didn't know how else to finish the sentence

Validus
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
JSA, Titans, The Crisis, Action Comics, G.L, Rebirth, Recharge, 52 ...... G.J. has singly handidly restored D.C. to its silver age greatness.
Don't forget the legendary run on The Flash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.