Any advice on anime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxbrokenxX
I'm looking for a good anime to watch, so if you have suggestions on any, that would be great!

soundtrack
-gundam wing
-cowboy bebop
-saiyuki
-the get backers
-outlaw star
-s.cry.ed
-wolf's rain
-hellsing
-witch hunter robin
-trigun
-escaflowne

Scythe
Fooly Cooly....

Spelljammer
The only two meationed that were good were Trigun and Furi Kuri (Or Fooly Cooly/FLCL by translation standards.)

Two other good ones are One Peice and that one about the boy puppet in the dress who wants to become king puppet or whatever..

XxbrokenxX
Ok, thanx, but just to let you all know, I'm looking for some humour, romance, action/adventure in the anime. I can't stand it being too serious! I will look up the ones that have been mentioned more than once and the ones that people tend to watch. And Soundtrack, you don't have to do all that for me hun! Thanx for all your time!

Spelljammer
...That, pretty much describes the animes just listed...

Zatchbell (Found out the name.) Has a good plot, lots of action, and is semi-funny.

Trigun has a load of action, great music, and is pretty funny.

Furi Kuri.. SpellJammer WANTS to say action packed and funny, but it doesn't make any sense and is like watching Adolph Hitler in a too-too doing a spin ballah on a train-track and getting runned over by a ghost iron maiden. So infact he doesn't get runned over and cusses out God in German.. The music's good though..

One Peice has nice action and is somewhat funny. The music isn't that wonderful, but isn't horrible neither.

Lumenesca
Stay away from anime that's based off of card games/merchandise *coughBEYBLADEcoughYUGIOHcough*

I recommend:

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Maburaho
Chrono Crusade
Chobits
His and Her Circumstances
Comic Party
Steel Angel Kurumi

I'd list more but dinner's ready! smile

yatenstar
If you're looking for all of that, humor, romance, and action, in one, Mahoromatic is what you want. It's great, just started watching it myself and on the second series, but it's worth seeing. If you just want action and comedy, then try Samurai Deeper Kyo. The extras are killer.

TheQuincy
Stick with the following and you'll be set.

Bleach
Spiral

2 of the best anime. Don't watch one piece, it sucks.

XxbrokenxX
Thanx so much! Sorry it took me so long to reply! I've been really busy!I now have a few I would like to try. I took all your opinions in and will watch what I think is the best! Again, thanx for all your time! cool

miyuki kimishi
ah my goddess is good, and saiyuki rules, dnangel is the best and chrno crusade is very good and i'm watching decendants of darkness and gonna watch maze. email me for any of these shows's descriptions =^.^=

Ahneso
Hope it's not too late to post...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Fruits Basket yet! Fruits Basket has romance, but it doesn't really start up until later in the series. Action, there are a few fights between Kyo and Yuki and Hatsuharu. There is a TON of comedy, it had me burst out laughing a majority of the time.

His and Her Circumstances (A.K.A. Kare Kano) was very good from what I've seen of it (I've only seen volume 4). There's definately romance, and humor, but not really any action...

Both good choices, but I say you go with Fruits Basket

XxILuvVegetaxX
Rurouni Kenshin (very funny) and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (very sad)

Mantis
Naruto
IGPX
S-cryed
Full Metal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Yu Yu Hakusho

CodeLyokoFan
if you want that then watch INUYASHA its exactly what you are looking for! yes

CodeLyokoFan
Originally posted by CodeLyokoFan
if you want that then watch INUYASHA its exactly what you are looking for! yes I ALSO GOT PICTURES!

CodeLyokoFan
Originally posted by CodeLyokoFan
I ALSO GOT PICTURES! AND THIS ONE!WHEN HE HAS WHITE HAIR HE IS HALF HUMAN HALF DEMON BUT WHEN HE HAS BLACK HAIR HE IS ONLY HUMAN! smile

Zen2nd
Hmmmm no one as mentioned Love Hina yet. I think thats very good.

Ashea16Chic
It depends on what you generally like...

Action
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakusho
Dragonball
etc...

Romance
Mysterious Play / Fushigi Yugi
Love Hina(although storyline gets boring in the middle part)
His and Her Circumstances

Comedy
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic

Sports
Slam Dunk

>> I know i've forgotten at least a ton of good anime but that's all I remember for now... wink

XxILuvVegetaxX
Ah yes Fruits Basket n KareKano (His and her circumstances) are really really good, both very funny and sad @ times

Ashea16Chic
Ignore this post...

>> Wuz gonna post in another anime... but then I read somebody already posted it...

XxILuvVegetaxX
good place to buy ur Anime is Ebay really cheap

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by yatenstar
If you're looking for all of that, humor, romance, and action, in one, Mahoromatic is what you want. It's great, just started watching it myself and on the second series, but it's worth seeing. If you just want action and comedy, then try Samurai Deeper Kyo. The extras are killer.

I like Mahoromatic, but if you dont want 2 see any nudity in ur anime, avoid it!!! rofl

Some other animes no1 mentioned:
Full Metal Panic!
Gunslinger Girl
Saikano
Pretear
Neon Genesis Evangelion
D.N.Angel
Angelic Layer
Please Teacher!
KALEIDO STAR
Scrapped Princess
Fushigi Yuugi
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
The Last Exile
Marmalade Boy

yes.. i got quite a bit of Shoujo on here lol

Ashea16Chic
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
I like Mahoromatic, but if you dont want 2 see any nudity in ur anime, avoid it!!! rofl

Some other animes no1 mentioned:
Full Metal Panic!
Gunslinger Girl
Saikano
Pretear
Neon Genesis Evangelion
D.N.Angel
Angelic Layer
Please Teacher!
KALEIDO STAR
Scrapped Princess
Fushigi Yuugi
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
The Last Exile
Marmalade Boy

yes.. i got quite a bit of Shoujo on here lol

Full Metal Panic & Fushigi Yuugi were mentioned by me

Scrapped Princess ==> could you PM me the ending of that one... pls?

XxILuvVegetaxX
sryy!!!! i didnt see >_< lol

Ashea16Chic
^^kid^^

I forgot...

MAgic Knight Rayearth
Tenjo Tenge(there is mild nudity but the graphics?! I give it a 10)

Whiteclipse
watch macross, or fist of the north star

Michikawa
My absolute favourites are

Haibane Renmei - really special show. No action, violence or sex, just mystery, dreamlike experience and sorrow.

RahXephon - the way they handle the social relationships and tragedy is something really special.

Rurouni Kenshin OVA (Samurai X) - I could say this is the best anime ever made. With Taku Iwasaki's excellent score, a masterpiece

Patlabor 2 - Mamoru Oshii delivers. Philosophical and tight. Sort of scifi thriller.

XxILuvVegetaxX
!!!!!!! How could I 4get to put Samurai X!!!!! Yup its like ^ said it truly is the best anime ever made!!! But I would recommend u watch Rurouni Kenshin (the TV series) b4 Samurai X, Itll give you a better understanding and youll be more into it. Hopefully youve seen some of it on CartoonNetwork! Cuz otherwise buyin the DVDs and Box Set cost a bit of $$$$, so then in that case just jump str8 2 it if u dont have the money or never seen it!

Maikahyandowen
Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha and Gundam Wing. awesome stuff!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.