What are you doing to help out the victims of hurricane katrina??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Some of my band buddies along with five other bands have come together to play a benefit gig, we hope to raise as much money as we can. Now I'm thinking if anyone else is helping out, and if so, what's everyone doing?

EsteemedLeader
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. cool

Scythe
That's not good, you could at least donate a buck...

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Scythe
That's not good, you could at least donate a buck...

No, it's my buck.

Scythe
Hmm, alrighty then.

EsteemedLeader
Hmm, alrighty then.

Indeed.

Bardock42
Nothing either..........

Scythe
Well, I'm sure there are helpful people on here...i hope.

Bardock42
Well, I'm sure there are helpful people on here...i hope.

Well...but maybe there are not....no expression

EsteemedLeader
Maybe they should do something constructive with their money.

Scythe
Ah opinions...

EsteemedLeader
Opinions are cool, except mine are always right.

BackFire
Just hoping they all get the help they need.

Clovie
nothing. we have our problems.

Fire
the US is rich enough as a country and has more than enough rich citizens to pay whatever needs to be paid themselves, unlike third world countries and the once hit by the Tsunami disaster. I'm more inclined to give those people my money.

Scythe
Alright, but what I'm now saying is, if you had the ability to raise money, would you put effort into it? I have the ability to play music, so I thought I could help out. The thing about Americans is that they won't give a dime without much consideration, once they fall victim to a natural/freak disaster, they expect all to donate. So if a tornado/earthquake/hurricane/fire took away your shelter, then, and only then, would you think differently. Wierd!

Clovie
I'm not American. and i'm VERY far away from there. and i honestly don't see your point.

Scythe
It's simple, if it happens to someone else, most say:
"Whew, glad that wasn't me, I'm just gonna go on about my business because I'm an American, nope, no money for them, I need it to buy something at Starbuck."

If it happens to you:
"Someone help me, donate some money!"

See....simple...

Fire
Over here the government would pay ppl

xmarksthespot
If I'm going to give money I really would prefer to give my money to those more in need of it.

Scythe
And they would still want donations...

Clovie
It's simple, if it happens to someone else, most say:
"Whew, glad that wasn't me, I'm just gonna go on about my business because I'm an American, nope, no money for them, I need it to buy something at Starbuck."

If it happens to you:
"Someone help me, donate some money!"

See....simple... so why do you want us to help? blink

Originally posted by Fire
Over here the government would pay ppl here it is the same yes

Scythe
Originally posted by Clovie
so why do you want us to help?

What? I'm not insisting anything, I'm just asking what some people are doing about it, while making a small point that will appear only to some, not all.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Some of the posts being made in this thread are disgusting. It should not matter where you live. When people need help, those who can should do something.

Scythe, your gig is a nice idea. Make sure you donate the money to an organisation that is known for doing something.

Clovie
I still see no point why should I donate money to some people on the other side of the ocean when in my own country people are suffering cause of the flood.

xmarksthespot
There are people more in need than those in New Orleans. That is fact.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Then do something to help those people too.

Clovie
I am.

Jackie Malfoy
i am giving money to them at a shoping center near us. jm

Acherontia
I have an idea.

A benifit Burial... Where heads of Enterprises and Companies get togwether and dig graves for the deceased, Not only would people pay to watch Mr. and Mrs. Rolse Royce Getting dirty Digging a Graves, but you are helping out to control contamination.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Then do something to help those people too. I'm 20 years old and have a $15,000 loan, that will grow to $20,000 in 2006. I do donate to charities intermittently when I have the money although I don't intend to do anything more when it's beyond my means to do so.

Grand Moff Gav
Some of my band buddies along with five other bands have come together to play a benefit gig, we hope to raise as much money as we can. Now I'm thinking if anyone else is helping out, and if so, what's everyone doing?

erm I am doing............................................................................................................................nope not doing anything but I might help out in a few years or so................thats what americans do isnt it wait a little while before helping "friends".......sorry bad joke I know who much america helped without even sending in troops,doing it at school and all that.................*runs*

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The immaturity of the majority of people on this forum is really shown by posts like those of Grand Moff and x. This disaster is not about America, it's about helping people who are suffering. Thousands of people have lost their homes, their loved ones and all their worldly possessions. Most of them are poor, so rebuilding their lives is massive task. The whole city is out of action, so a return to employment is unlikely in the foreseeable future. They have little or no money and they need the help of people who can. So, if you can, it's your duty as a human to help them.

Grand Moff Gav
Why should I help people I dont know........in the name of humanity?pah.

xmarksthespot
I'm not being immature. I'm stating reality. It is beyond my means. When it is within my means to be more generous in my charitable donations I will do so - and I will do so to those whom I consider to be more in need of my generosity.
Every minute 20 or so children under the age of 5 die in developing countries from preventable causes. Which equates to between 30-40,000 every day. Which equates to more than 10 million each year. Is someone going to start a thread chronicling each and every news bulletin (or lack thereof) of this occurrence or give hourly updates on this death count?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When you exceed your selfish teenage years, you will begin to understand the meaning of 'empathy'.

Grand Moff Gav
When I do I'll let you know.

xmarksthespot
When you exceed your selfish teenage years, you will begin to understand the meaning of 'empathy'. Are you talking to me or GMG?

Grand Moff Gav
obviously me.

Fishy
When you exceed your selfish teenage years, you will begin to understand the meaning of 'empathy'.

Just because you want to feel better about yourself by giving money, does not mean the rest of the world will have to do so as well.

Anyways no i'm not going to give any money to anybody there, the US is rich it has the money to restore the city. And in the mean time I can give my money to better things.

Grand Moff Gav
Like me?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Fishy
Just because you want to feel better about yourself by giving money, does not mean the rest of the world will have to do so as well.

Anyways no i'm not going to give any money to anybody there, the US is rich it has the money to restore the city. And in the mean time I can give my money to better things. I concur.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Anyways no i'm not going to give any money to anybody there, the US is rich it has the money to restore the city. And in the mean time I can give my money to better things.

The life of a philanthropist is fraught with those who are too cowardly to do something good for fear of being considered fake.

American arrogance should not mean that the US is ignored when it actually needs the help of others.

Grow some balls, Wishy-Washy.

Fishy
The life of a philanthropist is fraught with those who are too cowardly to do something good for fear of being considered fake.

American arrogance should not mean that the US is ignored when it actually needs the help of others.

Grow some balls, Wishy-Washy.

Grow some balls? Why to give money to people that don't need it as bad as others. To make myself feel better about myself? You do that, I have more important things to worry about. It sucked for them but its not the worst thing that ever happened.

Btw: about country's helping with this disaster.
The US is the one that has refused to ask for international help so far. Holland already send people but they can't start working yet because we are not allowed to do so. Ships are wasting time becuase the US refuses to ask for help.

manny321
Well Canada was finally cleared to send 3 warships with 1000 soldiers and disaster people filled with supplies.

The thing is i don't see the need to donate tons of cash as most people did for the tsunami. Well see that especially here. People gave so far 2 million of the hurricane but over 50 million were raised by this time for the tsunami.

I think sending supplies would help more then money especially in the US.

Well i understand if you don't donate money for the hurricane but if you didn't give a cent for the Tsunami you should be ashamed of yourself. You could have Gave a few cents or dollars. Don't give the argue i don't have money. I don't either but i was able to give $150.

xmarksthespot
I'm all for sending resources - machinery, vehicles, manpower, etc. But by supplies are you suggesting foreign countries should be sending food aid and medicine - because again there are destinations that have more need of such supplies.

manny321
Money is not needed like the tsunami .

Its us In Canada. As a close neighbour we have to help and instead of sending money the Govt is sending mostly supplies to the US.

Thats why you don't see that level of money being donated like the Tsunami. I liked the response to the Tsunami. Everyone donated money and almost everyone cared for once.

fini
Although I have no means of sending money( nor do I have any money to send, sorry). I would have sent it this coming week. I'm sure the people who raised money last week, would have felt a variety of unpleasant emotions when they saw the sheer amount of people suffering in New Orleans. I mean, they sent their money and NO ONE had come to help these people. There would have been no indication of the money being spent in goods and supplies.

NOw is the time for aid, since the people are finally getting it.

But you know as and international viewer of all of this, I was surprised at the terrible delay in the relief efforts in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf cities and towns( dont forget them, there are neighbourhoods that have vanished).
And anytime I saw some engineer/officail saying that they didn't expect this to happen, I think its a huge massive pile of BS. even bigger, a superdome/convention center pile of $hit.

Fishy
Sending supplies is important here, yeah there are places that need it more. But the US is in trouble and with more supplies they can try to stop it and rebuild it. Normal people can't really do anything though, and if they do its a waste of time and money IMO.

manny321
the BBC and CNN are letting nothing slip. there slamming the Govt hard. Like to see CNN not act like a Bush lapdog for once. In Canada some the media is calling it the purposely slow response has finally come after the richest, strongest country took almost 5 days to help its own citizens.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Can someone tell me how FOX news is covering the story in terms of the Administration response?

fini
I agree, supplies are the best thing required right now

manny321
How is FOX COvering. We don't get it up here in Canada.

fini
YAY CNN.

I say call for the resignation of head of FEMA, and BUSH and his administration.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by fini
I agree, supplies are the best thing required right now Again do you mean other countries should send supplies? And what do you mean by supplies? Countries should not be diverting food and medicine aid to the richest country in the world at the expense of the poorest countries.

fini
Hmm, I dont know what other countries can do. If they want to send aid, they should.

manny321
Well i think if they are right beside the US they could.

CNN won't even interview the Fema guy anymore. I also remember the reporter would not let the governor of Mississippi speak because what he was saying and what was going on was completely different.

Vagina
Helping the victims, anyway we can is our duty, as a part of the human race to help out. Whether, we get attacked for doing it, because of the confusion, we must, do what it takes, to help one another. The U.S, might have that outlook, and they might think, they are helping, for their own selfish, we are the power status.

FeceMan
Nothing.

manny321
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050901/capt.flpc21109012015.hurricane_katrina_flpc211.jpg?x=380&y=235&sig=NbUvEfVIaferkxoZTiys0Q--

Look at all those buses that could have gotten people out.

EsteemedLeader
They don't need money. The government takes the money. If we send in money, the government isn't going to use it. They will keep it for more important tasks.

fini
yeah like, sending bush on more vacations, making sure Rice has more $ 1000 shoes

vaya_the_elf
I donated money for the animals that needed help. You can go to humane societys wedsite, and it should be on the first page.

www.hsus.org/index.html

fini
some people have complained that they spent money to evacuate animals before the storm, rather than people. While I can see their point, someone people would not leave their animals behind. I sure wouldn't.

When everyone around you is sad, who do you think was going to come up to your lap and beg to get petted. Ensuring a pet's welfare brings so much hope and joy to people, its unmeasurable.

vaya_the_elf
Animals also need help, and they can only be helped if people help them.Just because they are not people does not mean they suffer.

xmarksthespot
I've read westerners spend over $30 billion dollars a year on products for their pets. I'm all for animal rights but people have very strange priorities.

Fire
True

vaya_the_elf
Well I don't find it strange that people are wanting to save animals

KidRock
Nothing, I work for my money so it's mine. They have my sypmathies though, that's all.

Bicnarok

vaya_the_elf

Scythe
It all depends on the person, some are giving, others.....aren't.

§P0oONY
I'm doing absolutely nothing to help them.

SlipknoT
Nothing at all, And I dont Plan to do anything.

fini
a little in the news..

Kuwait has offered $500 million in oil and other supplies.

little tiny kuwait.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Id do anything I could but there isnt much I CAN do so I donated the money that I had to school and its going to the Katrina victims and devestation, etc. And Im sending a box full of stuff like non-parishable items and stuff like that on Wednesday and they're going to ship it out. That's pretty much all I can do erm Im not down there near the area plus im only 16 so I cant do much.

RedAlertv2
Theoretically, US citizens are paying taxes, that help fund the National Guard, who is helping with the disaster, so.... we're all helping out!

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
They don't need money. The government takes the money. If we send in money, the government isn't going to use it. They will keep it for more important tasks. I donated money, and you are partially correct, the money doesn't go to them directly.

Its like the tsunami, we send in money so the government allows them to escape past debts, we don't really give them the money.

Odd huh?

Scythe
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Id do anything I could but there isnt much I CAN do so I donated the money that I had to school and its going to the Katrina victims and devestation, etc. And Im sending a box full of stuff like non-parishable items and stuff like that on Wednesday and they're going to ship it out. That's pretty much all I can do erm Im not down there near the area plus im only 16 so I cant do much.

It sounds like your doing enough.

KillerLady
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If I'm going to give money I really would prefer to give my money to those more in need of it.

You dont think these people who los everything are i need? I personally am donating money-- not a lot, but I'll do what I can. I would hop that if the same thing happened to my city, that the ountry would respond like I am hoping to.

DanieLs_4_Ever
It sounds like your doing enough.
smile Im one of those people that can never do enough for others. I love love love to help those in need.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by KillerLady
You dont think these people who los everything are i need? I personally am donating money-- not a lot, but I'll do what I can. I would hop that if the same thing happened to my city, that the ountry would respond like I am hoping to. Read more carefully - I didn't say they aren't in need. If I'm going to donate money I'm going to donate it to those more in need. There are many people more in need than the residents of New Orleans - billions of them in fact.

Grand Moff Gav
smile Im one of those people that can never do enough for others. I love love love to help those in need.

A silly path that will lead you to hurt.........

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav

Indeed, hurt and hurt again...

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
I see no silly path and Ive been hurt many times before. Hurt will not overwhelm me.

fini
U tell them!!!

DanieLs_4_Ever
U tell them!!!
stick out tongue

Teehee..seriously I see no harm in finding as many ways as I can to help others..it will in no way hurt me.

Storm
It' s not all roses there. Harbouring a person who robs you later on and does a moonlight flit.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Storm
It' s not all roses there. Harbouring a person who robs you later on and does a moonlight flit.
Im not donating more money. Only a box of stuff they may need.
But on that thought people lying on a cot in the astro-dome who are wearing one pair of tattered clothing and have a few meals a day arent stealing money from me if I were to donate a bit of it...

Storm
I was not talking about New Orleans. I was talking about finding as many ways as possible to help people in general, in any situation.
The situation I described happened over here and harm was done while helping someone in need.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Storm
I was not talking about New Orleans. I was talking about finding as many ways as possible to help people in general, in any situation.
The situation I described happened over here and harm was done while helping someone in need.
But im not...Im talking about the subject of this thread...the Katrina hurricane victims

skiiboyz342
i'm sending all my money to a good friend of my dad's dad b/c his dad has lost everything even his house not to mention the fact that he got out on the last plain out of new orleans!!!
scarey ey?

Tha C-Master
I fixed a house/shelter for them today...

fantasygirl
I'm not sure what I'll do yet. erm

FeceMan
For the last time, NOTHING.

(Sorry, I'm bored.)

manny321
Well other countries are coming to help because the Us finally gives the all clear. Over 150 million dollars worth of supplies is going from up here in Canada and 3 ships and 1000 soldiers. So we are helping.

EsteemedLeader
I'm eating a granola bar. That's helping, right?

Scythe
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I fixed a house/shelter for them today...

You sure it was a house/shelter? Not nothing?

fini
CUba is sending $1000. they are still waiting to see if the US will accept it. hehe

Scythe
CUba is sending $1000. they are still waiting to see if the US will accept it. hehe

$1000 only? It's probably laced with something.

fini
lol

Alpha Centauri
I'm quite glad that people were saying, straight away, "Nothing."

It's tragic, very. I feel for all involved, but it's not my problem. Just like if it were me, it wouldn't be your problem.

This sorta situation really separates those who take upon themselves huge moral obligations, and those who don't. We're not wrong for not doing anything just because you go out of your way to do SOMETHING.

-AC

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm quite glad that people were saying, straight away, "Nothing."

It's tragic, very. I feel for all involved, but it's not my problem. Just like if it were me, it wouldn't be your problem.

This sorta situation really separates those who take upon themselves huge moral obligations, and those who don't. We're not wrong for not doing anything just because you go out of your way to do SOMETHING.

-AC
aka...carelessness.

FeceMan
aka...carelessness.
No. AC 'cares less', but he's showing apathy.

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, who the hell would want to help less fortunate people? what kind of sicko would do that?

i gave $10 to the red cross.

Scythe
Hehehe

NunYahBidness

While it may not matter to the lot of yahz...I've given blood, sweat and money for the cause in my own backyard. Blood for obvious reasons. Sweat, well I've a fear of needles. And money, well hey! Why not?

And if that makes me a fake as someone so eloquently posed to those that want to help. Then by god, let me wear the mask of ambigiuty and parade around like a mockery to those that mock the mocking bird.

botankus
I don't know how they're helping, though I'm sure they are, but I have donated a lot each year since I've left school to the United Way - the NFL's charity (which I why I chose them).

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by NunYahBidness
While it may not matter to the lot of yahz...I've given blood, sweat and money for the cause in my own backyard. Blood for obvious reasons. Sweat, well I've a fear of needles. And money, well hey! Why not?

And if that makes me a fake as someone so eloquently posed to those that want to help. Then by god, let me wear the mask of ambigiuty and parade around like a mockery to those that mock the mocking bird.

I agree whole-heartedly. Some of the posts in this thread highlight the fact that the majority of the members in KMC are ignorant, liittle children - whether their age reflects this or not...

They are so wrapped-up in their anti-bush rhetoric that they fail to see the desperate need for help of these desperate, poor people. America may be the richest nation in the world, but - as recent events have shown - it is a country segregated by lines of racism and wealth. The federal government has been unwilling to immediately release the aid and support that was needed, so it is left to the people of this world to help.

The irony of the whole situation is that the people who condem Bush for his war-mongering are mirroring his aggressive, disdainful behaviour by their lack of empathy for fellow human beings. Bush may be a rotten apple, but they are the maggots gorging themselves all the way to its rotten core.

Supporting the people in New Orleans may not be as 'cool' as helping those who suffered from the Asian Tsunami, but it is just as deserving. Have you seen the pictures and read the stories? If you have, how can you not be affected by such an indiscriminate tragedy?

As I said before, you kids should grow some balls and do what you can to help. It is utterly ridiculous that the guy who started this thread has been attacked for such a earnest idea. As for those calling people 'fake'...apply the 'ball-growing' statement, but add some fertilizer to the mix...You're suffering from antithetic-elephantitis.

Alpha Centauri
Define "what you can".

Because what YOU all can do to help is quite clearly a lot more than me.

It's not my problem. It's severely tragic and I sincerely feel for all those affected by the terrible events, I'm not sitting here saying "Hahahaha! Buy a life raft!" am I? No. I'm being realistic. Before you get on your "If it happened to you..." high horse, I wouldn't expect you to help, nor would I think it's your responsibility. It's not, unless you make it so.

As for people saying "My band and I are playing a show in respect to them". How is that any different from me sitting here showing my verbal concern for them? Those people in New Orleans aren't GAINING anything from either of us. So why is it a difference maker in the degree to which we "say" things? Unless you're donating generous amounts of money or going out there, it's a bit foolish to think you're helping. I bet those people themselves would say that they're thankful for well wishes. Which is exactly what I'm giving them.

I could understand if I or others like me were sitting here poking fun at them, but we're not. We're saying how we feel for those affected and hope they all come out of it as well as they can.

At the end of the day, I'm showing concern for thousands of people I've never met, heard of or cared about. That's enough for me. I'm not exactly going to go and give away my money. This has nothing to do with Bush or anyone else. I wouldn't do it if Ghandi were president.

People need to realise that your choices are just that, yours. I respect that you feel some base need to be altruistic and take some global responsibility, fine. You wanna turn into Captain Planet and the Planeteers, go for it. It doesn't make me bad for not wanting to.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Define "what you can".

Because what YOU all can do to help is quite clearly a lot more than me.

It's not my problem. It's severely tragic and I sincerely feel for all those affected by the terrible events, I'm not sitting here saying "Hahahaha! Buy a life raft!" am I? No. I'm being realistic. Before you get on your "If it happened to you..." high horse, I wouldn't expect you to help, nor would I think it's your responsibility. It's not, unless you make it so.

As for people saying "My band and I are playing a show in respect to them". How is that any different from me sitting here showing my verbal concern for them? Those people in New Orleans aren't GAINING anything from either of us. So why is it a difference maker in the degree to which we "say" things? Unless you're donating generous amounts of money or going out there, it's a bit foolish to think you're helping. I bet those people themselves would say that they're thankful for well wishes. Which is exactly what I'm giving them.

I could understand if I or others like me were sitting here poking fun at them, but we're not. We're saying how we feel for those affected and hope they all come out of it as well as they can.

At the end of the day, I'm showing concern for thousands of people I've never met, heard of or cared about. That's enough for me. I'm not exactly going to go and give away my money. This has nothing to do with Bush or anyone else. I wouldn't do it if Ghandi were president.

People need to realise that your choices are just that, yours. I respect that you feel some base need to be altruistic and take some global responsibility, fine. You wanna turn into Captain Planet and the Planeteers, go for it. It doesn't make me bad for not wanting to.

-AC

Don't sweat it AC, I'm in the same country...and I've done even less than you.

Alpha Centauri
Not sweating anything, just genuinely asking where people get this flawed idea that I'm a bad person for not doing anything about it.

-AC

Clovie
Not sweating anything, just genuinely asking where people get this flawed idea that I'm a bad person for not doing anything about it.

-AC you're not.

and i'm really curious what has Mr. Ya Krunk'd Floo done to help those victims detective

WindDancer

The company I work for is setting up a fundrasier for the victims of the disaster. I going to donate at least $50. And later in the week $25 once I get my next paycheck. I was going to donate my time but I'd rather donate some money instead. Non-tax charity of course.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Clovie
and i'm really curious what has Mr. Ya Krunk'd Floo done to help those victims detective

I'm curious as to how many people who say they've helped, have.

-AC

xmarksthespot
I agree whole-heartedly. Some of the posts in this thread highlight the fact that the majority of the members in KMC are ignorant, liittle children - whether their age reflects this or not...

They are so wrapped-up in their anti-bush rhetoric that they fail to see the desperate need for help of these desperate, poor people. America may be the richest nation in the world, but - as recent events have shown - it is a country segregated by lines of racism and wealth. The federal government has been unwilling to immediately release the aid and support that was needed, so it is left to the people of this world to help.

The irony of the whole situation is that the people who condem Bush for his war-mongering are mirroring his aggressive, disdainful behaviour by their lack of empathy for fellow human beings. Bush may be a rotten apple, but they are the maggots gorging themselves all the way to its rotten core.

Supporting the people in New Orleans may not be as 'cool' as helping those who suffered from the Asian Tsunami, but it is just as deserving. Have you seen the pictures and read the stories? If you have, how can you not be affected by such an indiscriminate tragedy?

As I said before, you kids should grow some balls and do what you can to help. It is utterly ridiculous that the guy who started this thread has been attacked for such a earnest idea. As for those calling people 'fake'...apply the 'ball-growing' statement, but add some fertilizer to the mix...You're suffering from antithetic-elephantitis. Woah, easy there. Steady or you'll fall off your high horse. Maybe you can donate some of your self-righteous indignation to the people of New Orleans since you seem so full of it that it's spouting out of every orifice.
Seriously where do you get off telling people that they suck because you donate money and they don't because they don't think it's necessary or it's beyond their means to do so? You need to grow up, instead of telling other people to grow up, and realise that people are free to make their own choices and that just because those choices are different from yours doesn't make them wrong.

Clovie
I'm curious as to how many people who say they've helped, have.

-AC why would they be lying? confused

Deano
i havent helped

NunYahBidness

-AC The same reasoning that one is called delusional for wanting to help I suppose. There is nohting wrong whether one does something or not...But there is something wrong when called such-and-such for wanting to do something.

Now, whether they've said they have and in reality have not...I've no words but to say "Okeeedokeee smokeee."Originally posted by Deano
i havent helped Good on yah mate!

Alpha Centauri
Well, I never used derogatory terms to those who actively wanna help. If you choose to, fine. Just don't expect everyone else to. I have no social or moral obligation to people in New Orleans.

-AC

KharmaDog
Well, I never used derogatory terms to those who actively wanna help. -AC

I respect that you feel some base need to be altruistic and take some global responsibility, fine. You wanna turn into Captain Planet and the Planeteers, go for it.
-AC

Speaking in such a condescending way could be construed as derogatory. Whatever you want to do or not do, I don't care, but stop talking out of your ass as noted above.

NunYahBidness
Well, I never used derogatory terms to those who actively wanna help. If you choose to, fine. Just don't expect everyone else to. I have no social or moral obligation to people in New Orleans.

-AC No one is expected, nor is it a moral obligation to do so...or not. Whichever you decide. I for one do it, because it is something "I" want to do. And if it makes me feel good in the process, then so be it and fill it to the rim!!!!

It was, after all a question posed by the thread starter.

Deano
Now, whether they've said they have and in reality have not...I've no words but to say "Okeeedokeee smokeee." Good on yah mate!

well im not proud of myself, but honesty is important

eggmayo
Where does Deano live? Im an East Middy's *****.

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by Deano
well im not proud of myself, but honesty is important But you should take pride in yourself. You've every right to NOT do anything if you so wish. There is no law/rule/ or mandate written or unwritten that says we should do something.

eggmayo
The people in New Orleans are no different to those in any other disaster. If anything, they should really be better prepared, America being a nation of paranoia and all.

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by eggmayo
The people in New Orleans are no different to those in any other disaster. If anything, they should really be better prepared, America being a nation of paranoia and all. But it is our arrogance that such a thing cannot happen. Lesson learned, but soon forgotten in the months, years ahead.

eggmayo
It says on the news practically every day now that New Orleans gets hit by a flood every ten years. Seems a little stupid not to erect some even bigger flood barriers.

Deano
Where does Deano live? Im an East Middy's *****.

deano lives in the west midlands

Deano
But you should take pride in yourself. You've every right to NOT do anything if you so wish. There is no law/rule/ or mandate written or unwritten that says we should do something.

if i could then i would, if someone could get me over there i would be more then happy to help

Fishy
It says on the news practically every day now that New Orleans gets hit by a flood every ten years. Seems a little stupid not to erect some even bigger flood barriers.

Yay smile More work for Dutch people.

eggmayo
Yay smile More work for Dutch people.
Are the dutch specialists in building flood defenses?

NunYahBidness
if i could then i would, if someone could get me over there i would be more then happy to help well then i've found a new respect for you...you're not so bad afterall.

Deano
well then i've found a new respect for you...you're not so bad afterall.

i hate all this stuff whats happening in the world. too much pain and suffering. most of it engineered deliberatly so the selfish people behind the scenes can achieve there goals..

NunYahBidness
i hate all this stuff whats happening in the world. too much pain and suffering. most of it engineered deliberatly so the selfish people behind the scenes can achieve there goals.. Well, until we learn to find that sympathy switch, there really isn't much that we can do about that...people will always find the means to be less than what they can hope to achieve.

As to those goals, call me naive but I fail to follow that logic.

Deano
Well, until we learn to find that sympathy switch, there really isn't much that we can do about that...people will always find the means to be less than what they can hope to achieve.

As to those goals, call me naive but I fail to follow that logic.

goals for a new world order, world goverment, police state, all this has been planned for years and we are near to the conclusion. its down to us to stand up to this tyranny.

http://infowars.net/Pages/Sept05/050905New_World_Orleans.htm
http://www.rense.com/general67/nwg.htm
http://www.infowars.com/

manny321
Well i think as we saw the bodies of dead people en mass in New Orleans alot more people will help.

FeceMan
goals for a new world order, world goverment, police state, all this has been planned for years and we are near to the conclusion. its down to us to stand up to this tyranny.

http://infowars.net/Pages/Sept05/050905New_World_Orleans.htm
http://www.rense.com/general67/nwg.htm
http://www.infowars.com/
Shut up.

--Bill O'Reilly

He has a point.

Deano
Originally posted by FeceMan
Shut up.

--Bill O'Reilly

He has a point.

show some goddamn respect!

FeceMan
What have you done to earn it?

Deano
Originally posted by FeceMan
What have you done to earn it?

i created the internet

KharmaDog

coming from the man who trivializes the tragedy in New Orleans by declaring that it was a conspiracy.

not only should you show respect, you should get some class, and a sense of humour while you are at it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Speaking in such a condescending way could be construed as derogatory. Whatever you want to do or not do, I don't care, but stop talking out of your ass as noted above.

Oh come on now, I understand you are sensitive beyond all human ability or so it seems. I understand that you obviously have wedgie-tight ideas of what an insult is, but that was a comment oh so blatantly intended with humour and you know it. I know you know it because I also knew that you'd be the only person (besides maybe one other) to pick it out as derogatory.

If you genuinely class that as a derogatory comment worth picking up on, then I seriously pity you. You must not be able to go through a day without being mortally offended. I'd hate to see what you feel like when someone genuinely sets out to insult you. Must give you a cardiac arrest.

not only should you show respect, you should get some class, and a sense of humour while you are at it.

Hahaha....hahahaha.

Yeah Deano, get a sense of humour. If anyone is eligible to give advice on senses of humour, it's Mr. Calling people Captain Planet is derogatory, over there.

-AC

Deano
coming from the man who trivializes the tragedy in New Orleans by declaring that it was a conspiracy.

i dont need to get one..ive got one, ive seen some of your failed attempts at humour in the past.
maybe you should concentrate on you, hows that

Deano
Oh come on now, I understand you are sensitive beyond all human ability or so it seems. I understand that you obviously have wedgie-tight ideas of what an insult is, but that was a comment oh so blatantly intended with humour and you know it. I know you know it because I also knew that you'd be the only person (besides maybe one other) to pick it out as derogatory.

If you genuinely class that as a derogatory comment worth picking up on, then I seriously pity you. You must not be able to go through a day without being mortally offended. I'd hate to see what you feel like when someone genuinely sets out to insult you. Must give you a cardiac arrest.

Hahaha....hahahaha.

Yeah Deano, get a sense of humour. If anyone is eligible to give advice on senses of humour, it's Mr. Calling people Captain Planet is derogatory, over there.

-AC

i know ar.,,tut

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't defending you, Deano. Your constant disrespect for such issues is disturbing and it's an issue on which I agree with Kharmadog.

I'm just saying, I make a blatantly humour intended comment and it gets picked out by him as being derogatory, yet he tells you to get a sense of humour. Contradictory and hypocritical in one.

-AC

Deano
I wasn't defending you, Deano. Your constant disrespect for such issues is disturbing and it's an issue on which I agree with Kharmadog.

I'm just saying, I make a blatantly humour intended comment and it gets picked out by him as being derogatory, yet he tells you to get a sense of humour. Contradictory and hypocritical in one.

-AC

i know you wasnt,

im not showing disrespect at all, what? aint i allowed to voice my opinion? oh yes cos my opinion differs im being disrepectful. thats disturbing in its own right...the fear of what to say and not what to say huh? long live freedom

Alpha Centauri
You think everything is a conspiracy though. You have EVERY right to think that, but there comes a time when it becomes idiotic.

This was about 6 months or more, ago. Now it's plain out of this world retarded.

Hurricane conspiracy? Do you even read what you post? If you think that, fine. But it's disrespectful to post such nonsense. Nothing to do with disagreeing, I'm disagreeing. But I'm not being disrespectful because I'm paying respects to those involved.

-AC

KharmaDog

You always ask why people think that you are a bit of a tool, I'm telling you. You see, the way you tried to shoot me down in an attempt at alos being humorous often makes you look like an ass. You further prove my point on successive posts.

If you genuinely class that as a derogatory comment worth picking up on, then I seriously pity you.

Don't waste your pity, seriously. Save it for the few people left on this board who actually value your opinion.

You must not be able to go through a day without being mortally offended.

And you must not be able to go through a day without making rash overexagerations or trying to make yourself feel superior to others (then immediately denying it).

I'd hate to see what you feel like when someone genuinely sets out to insult you. Must give you a cardiac arrest.

Yes, cardiac arrest. Once again I see the humour. I'm sure quite a few people cramped up from laughing when they saw that gem.

-AC

Actually I said it was condescending and could be construed as derogatory, but however you wanna make it look so come out feeling better about yourself is o.k. Whatever gets you through the day kid. thumb up

And don't talk about being hypocritical again, that's a glass house you often find yourself housed in as you cast yet another stone.

i know ar.,,tut

And another intelligent comment stymies the board.

Spelljammer
Making a spell so that they nor any other southern state has to suffer ever again. A spell that will help curve the forces of nature to move all it's wrath towards either Californa or New York..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>