deleted duel footage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ledonias
ok im sure that there was a bit were ob1 trys and talks to anakin but anakin keeps hitting him with his saber so does anyone know what duel footage was cut i know that there has to be alot because the duel was ment to go for about 15 mins and it only went for about 5 or 10 mins so yeah thanks

Sir Mist
What?What the f**k?

DeVi| D0do
I'd be surprised if I was anywhere but KMC... But I've accepted this as the norm here.

The Ones
...can i buy some pot of you?

mungulla_man44
LMFAO!!

neo313
What's wrong? It seems like a legitimate question, even if it is one huge run-on sentence.

What I want to know is, will we ever see this lost duel footage on the DVD, or is it lost forever?

Jedi Priestess
It is indeed a legitimate question, one thats been answered about a hundred times already and the grammar of the question is atrocious.

Look, no one objects to people asking questions, what is objectionable is asking the same damn question repeatedly without even BOTHERING to check and see if it's been asked and or answered before AND by typing in such a way it makes peoples eyes bleed by simply reading it. messed

Boris
But.. after all the questions have been asked.. what are we to do, and yes, good grammar always helps.

DenKi
Just awnser his question retards..

heres to Gifs images of the fight that was Cut

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/541/mask35pk.gif

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/3513/animation54vd3jz.gif

Morridini
So what is the answer to the question? Were there a scene where Obi tried to talk to Anakin during the fight or not?

Bicnarok
This thread is rather confusing.

Nevertheless I recon a lot was cut out and hope the DVD will be an hour longer.

mossman
Both those gifs were fan made from bluescreen footage taken from official sources before ROTS was actually released.

The second shot is definitely still in the movie - Pixel Magic, the fan who added the background did a fine job, but that shot actually occurs when Ani and Obi are on the floating platform in the real movie.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember if the first one is in the movie, I'm pretty sure it is - again, with a different background, not the fan-rendered one.

I don't recall mention of any scene where "Obi talked to Ani as he repeatedly hit him"...

As I understood it, the duel was just trimmed down and intercut with the Yoda duel - I don't think whole chunks of individual set-ups were removed.

*nips back to take a look at the set diaries and Making of book...*

Ast
I am pretty sure both of those are in the movie, the mossman said. I think the first one is when they go onto onto the arm, right after they step on, but they show it from a very high angle.

Morridini
Originally posted by Bicnarok
This thread is rather confusing.

Not really.
It's just all the swearing and thrashing (as certain KMC members are doing too much of late) that makes it it hard to get what it is actually about.

All he wanted to know was if one of the cut Duel scenes included a scene where Obi tried to talk to Anakin while fighting. Which I had never heard of until this thread, and none have managed to prove or disapprove it.

Darth_Vader05
I have said this many times WAIT FOR THE DVD lol its coming November 1st patients young padawan.

Morridini
Easy for u to say, here it doesn't come until November 7th.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
I have said this many times WAIT FOR THE DVD

And you would be the smartest one of the bunch. yes

and Denki looks like its you wearing the retard hat, considering your links were useless as far as this thread goes. laughing out loud

Darth Jello
i think there was another deleted bit from the first trailor with them leaping towards each other with volcanic explosions in the background. also, if i'm not mistaken, there were many spy reports of them fighting on conveyor belts and other factory/foundery areas. bottom line, htere's probably a good six minutes of cut stuff.

The Ones
that was in (the leaping) remember when they were pressing together then turning around trying to push against eachother

mossman
Nah, the conveyor belt stuff just came from descriptions of the shoot on the floating platforms, which involved Hayden circling Ewan on a track.
There was never any "droid foundry" type scene scripted or shot - Pablo confirmed this in the Q and A.

I've checked all reference material I have available, and I see no record of this scene where "Obi is conversing with Ani as he repeatedly strikes him".

You have to understand any early description of the length of the duel was based on how much raw footage was captured and looked likely to make the final edit.
It is just a rough estimate.
This - as with all scenes in all movies - was then reduced until a satisfactory edit was achieved.
But just because the duel went down in length, does not mean whole scenes were dropped - more likely shots within scenes were trimmed.

It is possible some duel footage may make the DVD Extras - but my guess is it would be more of an extended or alternative scene(s) rather than a totally new scene(s).

Besides which, I personally would much rather see stuff we have seen nothing of rather than extensions of things we did see.
Some of the political stuff is a definite, but Shaak-Ti's death, the digitally rendered Dagobah, the fuel room, the Nos Monster would all rank above more duel footage for me...

The Ones
i have heard from a source that theres a deleted scene of Grievous doing maintenance on him self!?!?!?

McCusto
That is a lie

Sir Mist
Everyone who expects a longer duel on the dvd had better be prepared for disappointment if there isnt any.

I watched AOTC on dvd for like the first time the other day and there was maybe 3secs of extra stuff I hadnt seen on the vhs, so dont go crying if you expect 5mins more.

mossman
Originally posted by The Ones
i have heard from a source that theres a deleted scene of Grievous doing maintenance on him self!?!?!?

I think that rumour stemmed from speculation as to why exactly Grievous went to Utapau.
Some people suggested he went their for repairs and Obi tracked him.

Seems to me this was never an element included in any version of the script, Utapau was always a sanctuary for the Sepratists and a trap to lure Obi away from Ani.

Gollum1956
Hmm you could be talking about some cut scenes on the Star Wars Episode 3 Video Game their was a few like that he describes.

nuwine200419
Well....the Ultimite edition Dvds.....(The six Pack)....could have more deleted scenes...etc.........so if the extended fight scene dont make the NOV 1st release....it could always make the Ultimite edition release...whenever that is.

neo313
^This is true.^ If any extended duel footage is ever released, it most likely will be on the huge 6-DVD box set, considering the fact that the cut duel footage from AotC wasn't included on its respective DVD. smart

sauro123456
.I have one question that has been botherine me for quite some time now,so if you know something please help me. In one of the star wars magazines i saw a picture from the set of star wars episode III,without special effects at that time. It was a picture of count dooku using lightning in the duel in the beginning of the film but when i saw the movie that scene wasn't included,so i was wondering if anyone else knew something about that,and if you do please tell me.Thanks in advance!!!

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
It is indeed a legitimate question, one thats been answered about a hundred times already and the grammar of the question is atrocious.

Look, no one objects to people asking questions, what is objectionable is asking the same damn question repeatedly without even BOTHERING to check and see if it's been asked and or answered before AND by typing in such a way it makes peoples eyes bleed by simply reading it. messed Because the search button is gone.

SS_181st_Snow
They took away the search button? But I was the only person on this forum who ever used it! Oh well...

Snoopbert
*shrug* sorry.

MarioX
you're all so silly. dorks.

chinabing
George won't ever release all the cutting-room floor footage, only some of the lost scenes, (biggs & luke looking at the battle, 'Jedi' sandstorm) because they've got to save some for the 'next' format.

The super 6-pack dvd will have "the most ever" extras, but it won't be everything because when the DVD format is toast in a couple years, he'll re-introduce it on the next format with more "most ever" lost scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.