Ragnos temple purge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atlant80
happy Dimmimar. ragnos and 60 hk-47 droids enter the jedi temple. Can ragnos kill them all?

Fishy
60 droids?

Probably, it shouldn't be to hard to do. I mean the droids are not Jedi they aren't force users and they are in a small location. Ragnos would probably be able to just destroy the entire Jedi temple and then walk out.

atlant80
no he cant do that he has to kill them all no blowing up buildings.

Dimmimar
Come one! sixty HK-47's could do it themselves.

atlant80
thats like 10000 jedi vs 60 droids i dont think so

Dimmimar
How do you know how many Jedi were in the temple itself?

atlant80
there are about 10,000 its a guess but lets say there are 10000 of them

overlord
Originally posted by atlant80
there are about 10,000 its a guess but lets say there are 10000 of them

Are you serious? 10.000 against 60 droids? Seems obvious who would win..

atlant80
read the title genius 60 HK-47 droids and Marka Ragnos!

Darth Faunus
There're 10,000 Jedi in the Order, not the Temple. 10,000 Jedi that are now scattered across the galaxy.

And Ragnos might just do this himself. The only somewhat dangerous people in there are Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig, and he would waste them instantaneously. The rest are just younglings. Actually, he could just tear down the entire complex.

atlant80
okay lets say all the jedi in the order are in the temple. yoda mace obi anikan all of them and he cant destroy the building

overlord
read the title genius 60 HK-47 droids and Marka Ragnos!

Sorry hothead, I mixed up Ragnos with a lesser sith. evil face

atlant80
ohhh sorry then Ragnos is the strongest sith ever

Fishy
The temple will be so full that nobody can move anymore, Ragnos wins.

atlant80
ha ha the temple is huge as hell

overlord
Do you really think Ragnos can rip more than 1000 jedi's to pieces? I don't know much about the man.
Is he like Sauron when the guy started swinging at all those people or does Ragnos just electrocute half of them?

Maybe one jedi would get lucky to stick his little saber in Ragnos? (like Sauron)

atlant80
yes Ragnos can kill 1000 jedi no doubt in my mind Luke killed 1000 vong and Ragnos pwns luke

overlord
So his reflexes are just unsurpassed or something? Still there should be at least one who gets lucky and cuts him up.

How is he killed at JK3 anyway if that happens?

atlant80
JK3? he dies of old age or something like that. he died peacefully.

overlord
Hahaha!! Cool, he just dies piecefully!
But didn't you have to fight Ragnos ghost in JK3 with the light side ending or something? I could be wrong but I did saw some wacky picture of him on some site.

atlant80
you fight his ghost

overlord
I just read it in a walkthrough, Ragnos just posseses Tavion in the lightside so the one in the picture is probably just made by a fan or something.. too bad..

atlant80
that is ragnos's ghost fighting someone

Dimmimar
I do believe that you have to fiht his ghost.

overlord
So you do fight the ghost! That is pretty cool! So why did they say in the walkthrough he only possesses Tavion? I am getting confused...... blink

Dimmimar
It might be alternate DS and LS endings.

overlord
Yes, there is. But everybody I know did the dark side ending.. I should replay the damn game or something..

Dimmimar
Ah well.

Captain REX
No, someone made a skin of the ghost of Ragnos for multiplayer. Take not that that is Yoda fighting him. stick out tongue

Dimmimar
Ah, thank you REX.

overlord
They should have put him as final in the light side ending though, because that skin is friggin good! But ignore this post, return to subject if any of you want to. down

Dimmimar
Ragnos' side would have won.

Captain REX
Ragnos may have been powerful, but if he was going head-to-head with all of the Jedi in the Order...well, he's not THAT powerful.

Dimmimar
Just the Jedi in the temple. Come on, he would butcher the younglings.

atlant80
He can throw 5 stars at once (i think he should be abut that powerful) He can feel if someone is 100 feet from him (if he can throw stars he should) so no ones getting lucky. He can do it.

Dimmimar
Erm, throwing a star would mean obliterating himself.

And that sensing statement is pure hypothetical rubbish.

atlant80
Originally posted by Dimmimar
Just the Jedi in the temple. Come on, he would butcher the younglings. No all the jedi in the order read the posts (not trying to be rude) Mace, yoda, obi, anikan, all the other jedi at ROTS time are in the temple

Dimmimar
Then he would lose. It's pretty much stacked against him.

atlant80
Erm, throwing a star would mean obliterate himself.

And that sensing statement is pure hypothetical rubbish. Saying he can throw stars is just saying how powerful he is. it means he can throw rocks at lightspeed or faster. Sidious senced Anikan dying in ROTS so it is not "rubbish"

Dimmimar
Would that help in a conventional duel, or rather a less conventional one in the Jedi Temple? No.

When he was dying! Exactly, like when Kenobi felt the death of all the people of Alderaan. Not like Marka Ragnos being an Orwellian thought police or the force equivalent.

atlant80
Then he would lose. It's pretty much stacked against him. it is staked but he picks a piece of the ceiling off and a lightspeed throws is. 20 jedi dead. picks up 100 small rocks and throws them. 100 jedi dead. So on and so forth

atlant80
Would that help in a conventional duel, or rather a less conventional one in the Jedi Temple? No.

When he was dying! Exactly, like when Kenobi felt the death of all the people of Alderaan. Not like Marka Ragnos being an Orwellian thought police or the force equivalent. Ragnos is sidsx50 he can sence it. listen to what youre saying

Ragnos has the power to throw stars but cant sence someone 100 feet away.

that sounds dumb as hell.

Dimmimar
Yes, true, if he utilises Dun Moch then the Jedi are screwed. But at least a fair portion would get to him.

Dimmimar
Ragnos is sidsx50 he can sence it. listen to what youre saying

Ragnos has the power to throw stars but cant sence someone 100 feet away.

that sounds dumb as hell.

Now, perhaps if it was someone he knew, like a "friend".

atlant80
or an enemy charging to cut his head off yes

atlant80
agreed

Lord Janus
Um, Ragnos versus anyone who doesn't have "Sadow" or "Kressh" or even "Simus MacHord the Third" and isn't cloned eight times doesn't make sense as they would all die.

Let's try this new tactic... Don't use the following in versus matches anymore if it's one on one or the opponents are nowhere in league with the opponent:

Ragnos
NJO Luke
Nihilus
Simus
Artoo

Fishy
You forgot about Tulak Hord

atlant80
artoo pwn them all

Dimmimar
Originally posted by Fishy
You forgot about Tulak Hord

We din't know enough about Hord to make judgements about him.

Fishy
So we shoudln't use him in versus matches either because its just worthless.

Dimmimar
No, you shouldn't use him for the same reasons as you should not use Simus, we do not have any accurate gauges of their power.

Lord Janus
And Hord, too.

Illustrious
Hord for a different reason though.

Ragnos, with some clarification, may be able to clear out the temple. He has 60 HK droids with him, and not to mention it's not like he has to fight them all at once. He could probably use the force and terrain to hold most of them at bay, and I'd guarantee you most any Jedi there not named Windu or Yoda would die in .56 seconds.

Darth_Glentract
Ragnos is going to die in this. The Jedi Temple was located on the biggest LS nexus on Coruscant(if that is SS BS, please let me know).

Let me give you an analogy on this fight.

There is a solider with ten thousand rounds, kevlar body armor, a M-16 and is a thousand feet away from 1000 Naked Barbarians armed with spoons. Who do you think is going to win? The Barbarians win because the he simply can't stop a thousand people coming his way. Same with Ragnos. I don't think anyone, even him, can take ten Jedi Masters at the same time.

Illustrious
You're missing the point. 10 Jedi Masters would be at most, like 3 or 4 simultaneously attacking him. There is no method in hell, unless they are coordinated by Artoo, that they have enough collusion to use all of their abilities together.

A human being with a Bo staff can take out 12 other human beings, and that's not even taking into account anything like physical or force superiority -- which Ragnos has.

Darth_Glentract
That one person with the Bo Staff can take 12 unarmed people, but the Jedi are as well armed as him. And do you really believe that Ragnos had the force power of a thouand collective Jedi?

Illustrious
Again, he doesn't need to have the force power of a thousand collective Jedi. Anakin was able to collectively take a room full of younglings. The vast majority of Jedis would be like younglings to someone like Marka Ragnos.

Darth_Glentract
A thousand younglings would beat Anakin easily.

Illustrious
You didn't think there was a 1000 younglings in the temple or something?

Read my first point. There is no effective way for 1000 individuals to be attacking one target with melee weapons. None.

Lord Janus
Damn, Glentract... you must be having a bad day in the realm of debate or something. Let's get this straight:

- Ragnos is as of now one of the most powerful beings in the SW universe.

- He is easily stronger than Sidious, or Yoda, both of which could probably slaughter that entire temple with droid support. Especially when you consider that HK droids specialize in assassinating Jedi.

- Ragnos would likely never confront all those force users at once. Even if he did, we can only guess at what amazing powers he really has, and if he was considerable in the days of Simus and Sadow, he will no doubt be able to survive the situation.

Darth_Glentract
Even super-powerful Sith tire.

Anakin had several thousand clones to help him. 60 HK droids in a straigth fight against a Jedi would be screwed.

Illustrious
How tired do you get if you lop their head off after 2 seconds of work?

Fishy
How so? They walk in stand next to each other and start firing like hell. Ragnos stands in the middle and uses the force to kick anybody that comes close away. He could rip half the temple apart easily, there is just no way that anything but the most massive assault is going to reach him and even then a powerful push might pull it off.

Imagine something like this, the mighty Roman army's stand ready to attack, across from the large sand fields you have the united army's of western Europe.

Rome was the greatest in its own time, but nothing compared to the new army's. Absolutely nothing. Ragnos is more like the modern army the Jedi are like the Roman soldiers. As good as dead.

Darth_Glentract
Then why the hell didn't Ragnos beat the shit out of the Republic? YOu guys are saying thought he could take a billion Jedi.

Illustrious
Or whenever Ragnos encounters a large band, his simply pumps the room full of lightning, which likely would take out a good bunch of them anyway. All of the rest of them get killed by raining blaster fire.

QED, moving on.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Then why the hell didn't Ragnos beat the shit out of the Republic? YOu guys are saying thought he could take a billion Jedi.

Sadow himself was beating the shit out of the Republic until he got backstabbed. Ragnos likely could have done it, but it would have likely torn the Sith into factions.

Ragnos was smarter than Sadow, he knew that as long as he remained in his wealthy section of the galaxy, the Sith can rule in prosperity and not fall victim to avarice and betrayal.

Fishy

He was scared of the republic. Did he have a reason? I don't know I just know that he was scared, maybe they had a great reputation and that scared Ragnos. Maybe he knew that he couldn't control the Republic and it would take thousands of years of war to decide a winner.

Maybe he was scared for civil war in the middle of the war which would destroy the Sith from the inside. Whatever the case Ragnos had his reasons.

Lord Janus

Uh, because he obviously knew the Sith Empire could never survive if it attacked the Republic. Even if the Republic itself was defeated, the Sith Empire he had helped create and stabilitzed would have dissolved. As it is, it did anyways.

Darth_Glentract
Sweet. I just got quotes three times. smile

I'm sorry, but I still don't see Ragnos killing a thousand Jedi.

Lord Janus
That's because you're imagining a thousand jedi locked in a room with Ragnos, whom you have some kind of subconscious bias against thanks to JA, which was a shitty game in story mode, btw.

Fishy
Not at the same time. And remember only two of those Jedi are worth fighting for somebody like Ragnos, well probably not even worth fighting but at least a bit harder. The rest is easily destroyed. Now there a lot of younglings and idiots and 60 HK-47 droids. You know what those droids can do, they slaughter Jedi for a living. I'm sure a lot of the Jedi will fall.

Ragnos will destroy a lot of the others using superior force powers and just move from room to room to room to room killing them all one by one. And if he does encounter a large group then he just has to destroy the cieling and watch it fall down on the Jedi. He might actually pull it off.

Darth_Glentract
I actually thought the JA story was crappy. The gameplay was good, but he became a knight in a few weeks. That's worse than Luke. At least Luke has a buttload of potential.

Aren't they in the Jedi Temple. Some of the Jedi, aka. Even Piell amoung others(I think that is his name) have battle meditation. Imagine a thousand Jedi working together with battle meditation. I also think any of the Council Members would be able to give him some trouble.

For the HK droids, those are mainly for assassination attacks on Jedi. In a strait fight, 90% of the Knights could take them.

Illustrious
Any council member? Including those that would die to Jango? Yeah, Ragnos would have a lot of trouble there. There would be 2 specific council members he may find a bit more difficult than the average, and you should know their names stick out tongue.

It isn't a straight fight either. It's 60 HK-47 droids raining fire on the Jedi. Most Jedi wouldn't even have the ability to block that.

Fishy
Yeah if the knights were good, most aren't...

Anyways your still thinking that they are all in one row, they are not. They are in several rooms, some in the garden some on the top of the building some making things others are sparing, sleeping having sex whatever Jedi do in their spare time. Ragnos would walk in and start killin them one by one. While the HK droids just mine the place.

atlant80
this is ROTS only. Even if someone used battle meditation Ragnos will feel a disturbance and drop the ceiling on the meditators head also THIS IS RAGNOS. EVERYONE IN THE TEMPLE WILL WAKE UP GRAB A SABER AND GET READY TO FIGHT WHAT THEY THINK IS AND ARMY OF DARKSIDERS(RAGNOS).

Darth_Glentract
Sorry. I forgot that crappy Trebor dude was on the council.

If this is the ROTS Council, I would give the following at leat 20 seconds a peice against Ragnos.

Yoda
Mace
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi
Obi-wan
Anakin
Shaak Ti

Fishy
Yoda will have 20 seconds, I doubt even Mace could last that long the rest won't.

Illustrious
Obi-Wan hardly lasted 20 seconds against Dooku, yet he'll last 20 seconds against Ragnos?

Lord Janus
Word. Ragnos is probably so damn strong that he can sweep through the swath of Jedi like Sauron did the allegiance of elves and men. Total pwnage. And 60 Hks would be fekkin' hard to deal with; they are better shots and better opponents than clone troopers. And can you say 'Mandalorian Ripper"? Booyah! BTW, Lightsabers don't block stun shots. The HK could arrange for a volley of stun shots and just pwn the whole crew.

Darth_Glentract
Luminara could probably take 10 of the HK. Remember that HK are assassins, not solider droids.

Lord Janus
They're assassin droids who utilize all sorts of sneaky, evil advantages and tricks to get a one up on an enemy and kill them. They know how to track and kill jedi, and they work cohesively as a team, showing independent thought and creativity. One assassin droid took over an entire mining facility, killing everyone inside without having to so much as draw a blaster. These are not your TPM stick figure droids with weak, inaccurate guns; this are sophisticated precision killing machines. I doubt they'd blindly walk right into the jedi temple, unless it was part of a larger plan. And adding Ragnos to the equation is overkill. Period.

Illustrious
Sadow seems to strike as more of a Sauron to me. I suppose Ragnos is more of a Melkor.

Lord Janus
I never read about Melkor in action. Just how hardcore is he?

Illustrious
Melkor was a Valar. Each of the Valar was spawned from a particular part of Illuvatar's mind, Melkor was spawned from the entirety and was the most powerful single Valar. He was Sauron's master, and it took the entirety of Middle Earth, plus some divine influence, to take him down. He made Sauron look like a panzy.

Lord Janus

Damn.

I really need to go read the side books to the Trilogy. Hell, I haven't read the trilogy in eight years or more.

Illustrious
It fits too. The Divine Influence that took out Ragnos was old age.

Fishy
Yeah, only thing that could ever claim him.

Tangible God
And supposedly at the End of the World, Melkor would come back once more to have it out with The Valar and the Eldar.

No men, they're weak.

Lord Janus
LOTR is always nice, because it's all done by Tolkien. At least, from what I understand it is. I think his son finished one book for him post mortem.

Illustrious
His son didn't really finish it, mostly edit it and publish it.

The Silmarillion really is the best, anyone who hasn't read it can't fully understand the world of LOTR. Reading Silmarillion, and then rereading the Trilogy/Hobbit makes it so much more appealing.

Yeah, too bad we can't clone Tolkien and make him write Star Wars EU.

Darth_Glentract
These droids aren't up to par with IG-88 either.

To take all 60 of the droids might take Obi-wan, Anakin, Luminara, Bariss, Jocasta Nu(She is pretty good. She was a master on the Council for ten years before she became a libraian.), and Plo Koon.

Although this dips into the supply of able Jedi to fight Ragnos, it still leaves Mace, Yoda, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti ect.

Yoda alone could stall Ragnos long enough to let Obi-wan, Anakin, Luminara, Bariss, Jocasta Nu, and Plo Koon kill the droids and then come and help.

These aren't the only possibilites; some of the Jedi Council would probably not be there, but three or four other Jedi together could take their place.

Illustrious
So you're assuming that Ragnos and the 60 HK droids simply walk into a room full of 6000 Jedi standing with lightsabers at the ready, right?

Tangible God
If he rewrote EU, and made into the way he did say, the Fellowship, well, I wouldn't be looking forward to reading about Revan, Carth, Canderous and Jolee under the lines "run naked in the grass, be merry and gay."

Darth_Glentract
No.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Tangible God
If he rewrote EU, and made into the way he did say, the Fellowship, well, I wouldn't be looking forward to reading about Revan, Carth, Canderous and Jolee under the lines "run naked in the grass, be merry and gay."

Canderous, "But Mr. Bindo. We got to destroy the Ring." Jolee gets a little bitty spider bite. He falls asleep. Canderous thinks he is dead.

Canderous, "This is for my old gamer. Ahh!!! ****ing Orcs. Take some shit from my big-ass gun! I a fifty foot tall elf! Ahh!!!"

Canderous, "I love you Mr. Bindo!"

atlant80
DG get some sleep. youre tired and have no clue what your talking about. This is 60 droids as good or better then IG-88. they can take a non yoda ROTS council (10 HK-47 pwn Mace)

Lord Janus
Glentract, this is Ragnos and sixty HKs attacking the jedi temple. Correct me if I've forgotten, but it wasn't specified whether this was the nearly empty Clone Wars temple (in which case only Shaak Ti, CIn Drallig, and some weak ass jedi would be there) or every PT jedi (Which would number close to ten thousand before the Clone Wars. In either case, if Ragnos was so weak as to be overcome by a horde of jedi in what would most certainly NOT be a straight out melee fight, he would not have been the undisputed leader of an empire of Sith for 150 years.

atlant80
this is 10000 jedi every aotc and rots jedi ever

Lord Janus
That's not possible, since some died between those movies, and some existed in both time frames.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Glentract, this is Ragnos and sixty HKs attacking the jedi temple. Correct me if I've forgotten, but it wasn't specified whether this was the nearly empty Clone Wars temple (in which case only Shaak Ti, CIn Drallig, and some weak ass jedi would be there) or every PT jedi (Which would number close to ten thousand before the Clone Wars. In either case, if Ragnos was so weak as to be overcome by a horde of jedi in what would most certainly NOT be a straight out melee fight, he would not have been the undisputed leader of an empire of Sith for 150 years.

The Sith followed their way first and foremost. In this was for them to defeat the top Sith Lord. The most powerful would rule. If Naga and Kressh together were more powerful than Ragnos, but apart they were weaker, they would be going against their own ways if they killed him, because the stronger would no longer rule. And let me remind you that this is the True Sith Empire we are talking about, not Revan's where you can shoot a guy from a million feet away and become the ruler. To Naga and Ludo, it was better to serve Ragnos than defeat him while going against Sith traditions.

atlant80
fine janus every aotc jedi and all the new knights and masters from ROTS are in the temple. DG, the true sith will join forces to kill something they hate LJ said it somewhere

Darth_Glentract
Then I would like to see that. If someone can prove that a single being can take on an entire empire, then why keep the empire. So now the number of Jedi is over ten thousand or something?

Illustrious
That's not true. For example, Ludo and a few other Sith Lords attempted to take down Naga.

Rand al'Thor

Damn.

I really need to go read the side books to the Trilogy. Hell, I haven't read the trilogy in eight years or more.

I could barely get myself to finish the Simmularian(however that is spellled).

atlant80
Originally posted by Illustrious
That's not true. For example, Ludo and a few other Sith Lords attempted to take down Naga. thank you and DG yes it is every aotc jedi before the battle and all the new knights and masters and lets add 15 ig-88s

atlant80
post people! mad its every aotc jedi before the movie and every jedi has there ROTS power if they were in ROTS vs Marka Ragnos 60 HK-47 droids and 15 IG-88 droids in the temple.

Tangible God
It's very hard to argue the point. 10 000 Jedi is alot, but their powers had been waning gradually since about the time of Darth Bane, so the average Jedi's abilities would have been less than those of 5000 B.B.Y.(Marka's time) Yoda and Mace admitted that their ability to use the Force is diminished.

And we don't even know the true extent of Ragnos' powers. He didn't have too many oppurtunities to use them, seeing as how so few challenged him. So we don't know what he'd be fully capable of doing to the lesser Jedi of Clone War time Republic.

atlant80
Ragnos never fought a jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Janus
And NO ONE has fought Ragnos and lived with their body in one piece.

atlant80
yes Simus had one piece..... His head laughing out loud stick out tongue big grin and Janus read Who really won in episode 3

Darth_Glentract
And NO ONE has fought Ragnos and lived with their body in one piece.

Hahaha. Bullcrap. You don't have jackshit to back that up with.

atlant80
Not many fought him and only Simus survived

Darth_Glentract
Prove up please.

atlant80
I cant but no one ever beat him thats all we're saying

Lord Janus
Hahaha. Bullcrap. You don't have jackshit to back that up with.

Congrats for finding one poorly worded one-liner in my entire career.

Tangible God
Hahaha. Bullcrap. You don't have jackshit to back that up with. Well would let your opponent get away so easily if you were unquestioned Dark Lord of the Sith, you'd look rather weak if you just out right kill them, instead of looking more like a sadistic tyrannical maniac when you rip the guy apart.

And do YOU have any proof that he DIDN'T?

atlant80
well said sort of

Darth_Glentract
I never said that he didn't. I just said there is no proof that he did.

On top of that, it is quite common for someone to lose to a Sith and escape. Look at Yoda and Sidious, Malak and Kavar, DS Revan and Bastila, ect.

Illustrious
The one guy we KNOW he fought had his head strewn out in a jar. He was unquestioned, almost certainly never defeated, for over a century. There's as much evidence supporting that no one survived a fight for him in one piece as there is against.

Darth Faunus
DG get some sleep. youre tired and have no clue what your talking about. This is 60 droids as good or better then IG-88. they can take a non yoda ROTS council (10 HK-47 pwn Mace)

I doubt that 10 HK's would defeat Mace Windu. Possible, but doubtful. It's called 'The Force'. Now, they'd probably defeat any Jedi outside of Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, but those four are likel;y superior to them, Yoda by far, seeing as how he can literally weave through their blasters.

Plus, I highly doubt that they'll be more than five or six HK's moving tgether in a group, if that. It's simply not effective. Sure, if you tak sixty of them they'd rip through any Jedi, but all that is required is the joint effort of at most ten weak or average level Jedi to tear apart the bridges and pathways and walls that the HK's utilize in combat.

So apparently it is you who have no idea what you're talking about.

Tangible God
I never said that he didn't. I just said there is no proof that he did.

On top of that, it is quite common for someone to lose to a Sith and escape. Look at Yoda and Sidious, Malak and Kavar, DS Revan and Bastila, ect. There's no proof of either case, but he DID decapitate Simus, and as we know of no other he defeated, we can say he could have done such dismemberment to others.

And, yes, other Sith have escaped each other, but this MARKA RAGNOS we're talking about. He wants you takin out, he'll make sure. Anything that questions his unquestioned rule must be put down.

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I doubt that 10 HK's would defeat Mace Windu. Possible, but doubtful. It's called 'The Force'. Now, they'd probably defeat any Jedi outside of Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, but those four are likel;y superior to them, Yoda by far, seeing as how he can literally weave through their blasters.

Plus, I highly doubt that they'll be more than five or six HK's moving tgether in a group, if that. It's simply not effective. Sure, if you tak sixty of them they'd rip through any Jedi, but all that is required is the joint effort of at most ten weak or average level Jedi to tear apart the bridges and pathways and walls that the HK's utilize in combat.

So apparently it is you who have no idea what you're talking about.

Put it into context, Faunus. HK units are highly intelligent and creative, and can work effectively towards goals. If you storm some place with sixty Hks and you are the biggest, baddest Sith lord that the dark side ever shat out, trust me... the jedi order is looking either extinct or scattered and mauled. No two ways about it.

Tangible God
LJ's got a point.

atlant80
Thank you and Fine YOda and mace and obi go to die to Ragnos. there is a 30 second fight and 3 dead masters. Remember now every aotc jedi is in the temple but Ragnos gets 10 IG-88 Droids

Lord Janus
I know next to nothing about IG droids other then they function as bounty hunters (Or at least, one did) and they look hella stupid.

Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan would be one hell of a fight, but Ragnos probably swings a sword about the size of his body from what I'm guessing, or at least, swings a smaller one with enough force to make you rethink your vows as a jedi. I know there are some people who will spit and shit about three badass cool jedi dying to one person, but hey... Ragnos' power is reflective of his status and his environment, and because of it, he pwns like hell.

atlant80
can an enchanted sword shoot lightning? or when you throw it can it instantly home in on an opponant or something cool like that? And here is WIKI info

Homeworld Holowan Laboratories
Species Assassin Droid
Gender Masculine programming
Height 2 meters
Weapon Multiple weapons (blaster rifle, grenade launcher, sonic stunner, pulse rifle, neural inhibitor, poison gas canisters, etc.)
Vehicle the IG-2000
Affiliation Bounty hunter, Imperial
Portrayer N/A (prop)

IG-88 was an elite assassin droid created for Project Phlutdroid, a military contract given to Holowan Mechanicals by the Galactic Empire. Five IG-88 models were built, as well as one outdated IG-72; they differed from previously developed assassin droids by having newly developed AI routines intended at greatly improving their combat routines and better intelligence and autonomy traits. One of the IG-88s was taken from Holowan Laboratories prior to the activation of its fellows, and eventually became an Imperial Grand Moff known as "For-Atesee" (possible "4-8C"wink. Of the remaining four IG-88s, one activated prematurely, with greater than designed sentience. IG-88 assessed the scientists in the lab as threats to its new consciousness and used its built-in weapons to kill them all within thirty seconds. It then copied its program into the three inert IG-88 shells, labelling them IG-88B, IG-88C, and IG-88D, in order of activation. IG-88A, as he now dubbed himself, also awakened the "inferior" IG-72, and together the assassin droids agreed to conceal their origin by killing everyone involved in Project Phlutdroid. They did this in order to prevent any flaws in their design from being revealed, and to make it more difficult to restart the Project; eventually over 150 deaths would be attributed to the IGs. Having helped the IG-88s, IG-72 departed from their company to seek its fortune. Several years later, it would self-destruct on Tatooine. In the meantime, the four IG-88s, for their wanton destruction of Holowan Laboratories and their ruthless assassination purges of everyone even remotely connected with their design and manufacture, earned a "Dismantle on Sight" warrant from the Empire and 40 systems.

The IG units took over a droid manufacturing facility on Mechis III, and reprogrammed all of the droids built there with the IGs new sentience, and a program that, once activated, would compel them to turn on their masters and aid in the great droid takeover of the galaxy. IG-88B was sent to keep a public face for the group, distracting anyone from Mechis III.

Ten years before A New Hope, IG-88A ran into C-3PO and R2-D2 while on a bounty to humiliate the crime lord Olag Greck, based off Hosk Station in the Kalarba system. Despite its batteries being drained and being subsequently captured by Greck, IG-88A escaped, but was hunted down again by the two droids. Even this defeat IG-88A managed to turn to his advantage, taking the two hostage and defeating Greck in a space battle on the Indobok moon, thereby justifying his position as the second-best bounty hunter in the galaxy (after Boba Fett).

Having heard of IG-88's exploits, Darth Vader chose to ignore the "Dismantle on Sight" order and contacted the increasingly infamous assassin droid. IG-88B responded. Vader had gathered six of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy on the Executor to track down the Millennium Falcon and capture its crew alive. IG-88B sliced into the ship's computers and planted tracers on the other hunters' ships. While inside the computer, it learned of a second Death Star, and sent that information to its brethren. IG-88B followed Boba Fett to Cloud City and laid a trap. Fett, however, had lain a trap of his own. He disabled IG-88B with ion cannons, and then blew it apart with its own weapons. IG-88B's shell can be seen in The Empire Strikes Back, when Chewbacca is gathering C-3PO's scattered parts.

IG-88C followed Fett to Tatooine to capture Han Solo. Although it could perform much harder maneuvers in its specially-designed IG-2000 vessel, Fett managed to outfly it and destroy it. IG-88D attacked immediately thereafter, briefly surprising Fett, but his ship was destroyed as well. IG-88D survived and traveled to Ord Mantell, where Dash Rendar ultimately destroyed him.

IG-88A copied its program into the second Death Star's primary computer core, and intended to take control of the station and use it to rule the galaxy. No one was aware of IG-88A's presence, except Palpatine when he began to see doors opening and closing wildly in his throne room. Just as it was about to perform its intended task, the Rebel Alliance destroyed it.

IG-88B's body was later found by Tyko Thul when he took over Mechis III, and reprogrammed to serve as his personal bodyguard. When his brother Bornan went missing during the Diversity Alliance crisis, Tyko staged a kidnapping of himself by IG-88 and several newly manufactured assassin droids. When the young Jedi Knights, among them Tyko's nephew Raynar, arrived on Mechis III, they discovered the ruse. After several reprogrammings, IG-88 drove off Dengar and was sent after Bornan Thul.

The animated Clone Wars series gives a glimpse at the ancestry of IG-88, as well as the meaning of IG. The Muunilist-based InterGalactic Banking Clan, often abbreviated as IBC but more commonly called the IG Banking Clan, was one of the charter organizations that founded the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Whereas the Trade Federation and Techno Union used Geonosian-built battle droids for their armies, the IG Banking Clan used a series of tall, lanky droids known as IG Lancers, who rode speeder bikes and carried lances like medieval jousters. These IG droids bore a passing resemblance to the native Muuns who ran the bank clan, who looked like tall and grotesquely thin humans with abnormally tall heads. Led by Durge in chapters 4, 8 and 9, until they were defeated by Obi-Wan Kenobi and his clone troopers. The connection between the IG Banking Clan and Holowan Laboratories is a beneficial one; after the rise of the Galactic Empire, the IG Clan no longer exists and the IG-88 droids were created from the basis of the original Lancer blueprints. In Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, another IG-88 predecessor can be seen: General Grievous's IG-100 MagnaGuards.

That wiki but most of it is good.

Darth_Glentract
It's all good. I just checked through the whole thing.

atlant80
Yea are they better then the HK-47 droids?

Lord Janus

Damn

Those droids are better then I thought.

Darth_Glentract
IG-88 droids are very good, better than HK droids, but I don't think they will do enough to make the Jedi lose.

Let me say something else. If Ragnos was able to defeat the entire Jedi Order by himself, then why didn't he? You guys are saying that he is fully capable of doing so, but in truth, he was afraid of them. If he was afraid of them while he had the Sith Empire to bakc him, then with some droids to help him, he is still going to lose.

atlant80
Ragnos does that

Lord Janus
Well, consider this:

- The panic factor of an ancient Sith Lord attacking a jedi temple on a Core World.

- Ten droids no one has seen before (in this time period) killing in the bounty hunter fashion.

- The Force powers ol' Raggy no doubt has under his belt.

- In event of total war-esque battle here, the possibility of the Igs and Ragnos just demolishing the place, and then slaughering the survivors.

The situation does not bode well for the jedi, period. Some might survive and escape, but maybe not. Point is, Ragnos is a bit too heavy to be slinging at anyone. Especially literally. Guy was probably huuuge.

atlant80
and he can use the force to make permenent force shields for 70 droids

Darth_Glentract
That doesn't explain why he was afraid of the Jedi even when he had the Sith Empire to back him.

Darth_Glentract
and he can use the force to make permenent force shields for 70 droids

support that.

atlant80
because the sith cant fight a war to much backstabbing

its Ragnos you think he cant do that but can play pool with planets and ping pong with stars

Darth_Glentract
because the sith cant fight a war to much backstabbing it Ragnos you think he cant do that?

But isn't Ragnos so powerful that no one would ever dare to do that?

atlant80
not him everyone else will kill one another in a civil war

Darth_Glentract
are you saying he has little influence when he tells people to do things?

Lord Janus
atlant80, you're not helping the Ragnos side of this by sparing with Glentract, when you are making mass assumptions. The point is, Ragnos is hella powerful. End point. And he didn't attack the Republic because he is a visionary and very damn intelligent. He wanted a unified, strong Sith Empire, which meant unified against him. But they could not usurp his throne, so great was his power. You might say he wasn't afraid of the Jedi or the Republic so much as he was afraid of the idiocy of his minions unravelling his work, which it did.

Glentract, I realize atlant80 is making some pretty wild assumptions right about now, but you sparing with him doesn't make you an intellectual powerhouse. This has already been debated and until you can offer a new view or evidence contrary to Ragnos' considerable power, his status is effectively secure. End point.

atlant80
yes im makeing alot of assumptions but you have to say that they are not stupid. and yea you are saying what i meant about not going to war. And BTW thanks for the awsome sig! big grin

Lord Janus
You're welcome. Just keep your nose dry and don't get too carried away. Someone like Glentract or Illustrious or myself will likely call you on it.

atlant80
But you have to agree some one like Ragnos can do alot of things.

Lord Janus
Could potentially, yes. But to say it as fact is silly. I have nothing to base it on other then his reputation, even if it is a damn good one. I mean, Sidious was arguably unchallenged in his day and age (even if Sith didn't really exist then as they did in Ragnos') but I couldn't use that as a basis and claim he can implode stars.

atlant80
But we know Naga didnt challenge him and Simus, the greatest Sith magician, got pwn3d by Ragnos. What we are 99% sure of is that Ragnos can blow stars and planets to dust, so saying he can make force shields is probably true. Of course that is just an assumption but not a wild one. In fact it is very (90%) possible. But, yea its and assumption.

Darth_Glentract
Where was Simus ever stated to be the greatest Sith magician? He might have not exactly been pwned by Ragnos either. It is probably that it was a very close fight. I'd also don't think it's 99% sure Ragnos can destroy a star. That ability may have been specific to Sadow. Exar needed help from something off of Naga's ship to do it.

atlant80
Simus was one of the most powerful of his era. Wiki. One way or another Ragnos beat him. Naga was weaker then Ragnos hence way he didnt challenge him. Naga could blow up stars so probably Ragnos could. Even is it is a power specific to Naga (i highly doubt that) Exar needed HELP a sith artifact or something. You probably need sith magic which Ragnos knows for sure. I love arguing big grin big grin big grin

Lord Janus
First off, you have nothing to support either of those powers to Ragnos again, atlant80. I already dismissed this. You cannot back it up, please don't assume it.

Glentract, are you out on a crusade to discredit Ragnos? You might want to rethink it, because Frobo and ER haven't been around lately and it'd just be you and maybe some transient noob arguing against Ragnos and everyone else arguing for him.

atlant80
what fun is it if you dont makeassumptions that are in fact very possible

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>