A poll to see your true vision..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
There's three types of people when you get down to it.. SpellJammer realizes this may be kindof a polarizing, generic, stereotype. But it gets down to the brim and bone of your ideals and beliefs. It represents who we are as people, where were going, and what we ultimately need in life.. The question is, what kind of God do you WANT to exsist?

It may sound like a vane question, but really, sit down and think about it..

I Want a Wrathful God..
I want a God who punishes the wicked, who brings despair and bad weather to those that deserve it. I want a God who will protect me from all those who would want to harm me, because I'm scared, these devil-men are all around me. And only a Wrathful God can save me..

I Want a Compassionate God..
I want a God who doesn't pass judgement and who can forgive and forget. I spend my whole life holding grudges against myself and or others, I can only hope there's a God that rises above such petty emotions. I want a God who will say it's okay, and so I can finnaly go home..

I don't Want a God..
The notion of immortal beings and cosmic creation scares me. Where does it end? Where does what I know begin and what I don't know stop? All this infinity and depths upon depths of what is and isn't God frightens me. I don't want to be accountable for all this responsibility, and I ceartainly do not want to have to worry about being a dissapointment or enemy to God, or any other being for that matter. I want to be at peace..

SpellJammer has a pretty good idea of what most of you desire, but go ahead and pick one of the options above if it speaks to you, if it doesn't, say so, and tell SpellJammer what you really do look for in God..

Superfly4000
Im between no god and a different kind of god.

Atlantis001
Cool ! Now we can choose our own God... it would be God number 1... or perhaps God number 2 is better... or maybe even a totally different God !

finti
non of the options at all, dont believe in gods

debbiejo
Something really really really big...Great big everything.....Something completely different.

Spot?

gp christ loves
is is both compasionate and wrathful he is all in all the grat i am the king of kings the lord of lords he can not be marked by just one type of personality

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by gp christ loves
is is both compasionate and wrathful he is all in all the grat i am the king of kings the lord of lords he can not be marked by just one type of personality

yes Our God is angry God, But he is also loving and forgiving.

FeceMan
One and two, please.

DreamingWarrior
hmmm... welll I cant vote here.... I'll take my secret option "E" though. I want God to be God, Just, Loving, and Perfect. and it aint what I want in the end that matters, it's what HE wants.

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
Something really really really big...Great big everything.....Something completely different.

Spot? I find it hard too bbelieve that you ever were aa christian. you're worse than thee athiests about making fun of god. Maybe that was beforree you were brainwashed though, by the gnostics.

Capt_Fantastic
uggghh!

To define my idea of god, would only prompt people to agree or disagree. Neither of which is nesccesary for me to have my understanding of god.

finti
those who cant have some humor about ones believe are the truly brainwashed ones, the ones who swallow whatever they being told...and they really dont understand anything about the religoin they are, in their own eyes, faithful followers of.

debbiejo
Originally posted by markie
I find it hard too bbelieve that you ever were aa christian. you're worse than thee athiests about making fun of god. Maybe that was beforree you were brainwashed though, by the gnostics.

Do you believe something unfathomable would have a problem with me?It would be like me having a problem with how the atoms are communicating in relationship to each other.
You have a very small view on your little cloud there....

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by finti
those who cant have some humor about ones believe are the truly brainwashed ones, the ones who swallow whatever they being told...and they really dont understand anything about the religoin they are, in their own eyes, faithful followers of.

Don't you have LIMITS to your humor? or does it tend to let loose and make fun of our belief? Brainwashed is the one who thinks he or she is free to do as they wish without restrictions, we all know there is someone who owns our house or country so why not the whole universe? And like i own this computer and all its memory so does god and the universe.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Don't you have LIMITS to your humor? or does it tend to let loose and make fun of our belief? Brainwashed is the one who thinks he or she is free to do as they wish without restrictions,

It's called free will....And I don't know if I have limits to my humor...I always seem to be pushing them to the max....You see god as not having a sense of humor?....Is god too small for that...

Raven Guardia
It's called free will....And I don't know if I have limits to my humor...I always seem to be pushing them to the max....You see god as not having a sense of humor?....Is god too small for that...

God does have a sense of humor to a certain point. Like onetime on a Paranormal investigation our group walked into the theater (where the investigation was being held) and the one guy(Corey) was testing his audio equipment over the speaker and our head guy Kevin said "I am hearing voices, God is that you?". He is a Demonologist, he obviously believes in God and the Devil. What I am saying is that God does have a sense of humor. But the way some of you go on about it and make fun is just wrong. And when I say this I am not trying to be mean but Debbiejo, sometimes what you say does seem like you never believed in God (the Christan God) and that you feel some resentment toward him and his believers, I don't mean this offensively and I am sorry if you take that way.

finti
no limits at all, owns our house............who would that be, country well we are living in a democracy, at least here in Norway we do, and the people owns the country.

so this god of yours and the universe owns your computer and all its memory too

cant do wrong to a thing I dont believe exist

Raven Guardia
cant do wrong to a thing I don't believe exist

But we Do believe in God and his son Jesus Christ. I haven't told you your beliefs were stupid or tried destroying what you believe in, so why must you always be trying to down our beliefs and our views. Is that you realize your being convected of your sins and you don't want to admit it so naturally you will deny it and God. If you give us more respect we will give you more respect.

Legend Of Chibi
so this god of yours and the universe owns your computer and all its memory too

Yep, he also owns the biggest computer ever, our universe, and he is linked with his universe. I would be able to link myself to my computer if i was extremely intelligent.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
But the way some of you go on about it and make fun is just wrong. And when I say this I am not trying to be mean but Debbiejo, sometimes what you say does seem like you never believed in God (the Christan God) and that you feel some resentment toward him and his believers, I don't mean this offensively and I am sorry if you take that way.

I have no resentment...Many of my friends are Christians.....I just wish people would find out the real facts....Stop following blindly to what you are told....Makes you no better then any other religion when you follow blindly..when you look at the facts about the Bible, you'll see how silly it is to think god is that small....There is something bigger than that.

.....What if you were raised Muslim?

Legend Of Chibi
I have no resentment...Many of my friends are Christians.....I just wish people would find out the real facts....Stop following blindly to what you are told....Makes you no better then any other religion when you follow blindly..when you look at the facts about the Bible, you'll see how silly it is to think god is that small....There is something bigger than that.

.....What if you were raised Muslim?

Actually the Bible says god is everywhere

finti
but I dont and I dont care if I offend religious people. It is time someone stood up to religious societies and brought it down to a personal matter

or a link to the luni house

Lookat your statement about the hurricane Katrina and New Orleans if you dont get why people react to it you really need to check on your faith ones more, you said you were a methodist but you sure as hell sound more like those fantaical doomsday cults than a methodist, methodists are humble, nothing humble in what you posted about Katrina and NO

I have no sins, sure you would call them sins caus eaccording to your set of rules they are, but I dont believe your way so to me they aint sins

DreamingWarrior

Ha... well, Finti, we agree on something. Folks who can never laugh at themselves are a sorry lot. I love God enough to do anything, and I still can laugh at my beliefs. It doesnt make em any less important, but dang man! If you can't laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at???? Dont take your beliefs lightly, but do find humor in em... I mean, God laughs!!!! You think the Almighty never looks at us scurrying about and wasting so much time doing things that in 2 or 3 years become meaningless and doesn't chuckle??? Heh...

Raven Guardia
but I dont and I dont care if I offend religious people. It is time someone stood up to religious societies and brought it down to a personal matter

or a link to the luni house

Lookat your statement about the hurricane Katrina and New Orleans if you dont get why people react to it you really need to check on your faith ones more, you said you were a methodist but you sure as hell sound more like those fantaical doomsday cults than a methodist, methodists are humble, nothing humble in what you posted about Katrina and NO

I have no sins, sure you would call them sins caus eaccording to your set of rules they are, but I dont believe your way so to me they aint sins

Like I have said before. God have mercy upon your soul. I know this is not very Christan like but you are an ass whole. Enough Said.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
Like I have said before. God have mercy upon your soul. I know this is not very Christan like but you are an ass whole. Enough Said.

Fruits, fruits, fruits.....where are they????....As I recall he wasn't slamming your faith, but defending his own......Are not people allowed to believe what they want....

Raven Guardia
Fruits, fruits, fruits.....where are they????....As I recall he wasn't slamming your faith, but defending his own......Are not people allowed to believe what they want....

But he so openly downs mine and when I defend my own he becomes nasty. People can believe what they want, but no matter what people believe it seems the Christians are the ones always being persecuted the most for what they say.

Now let me be openly honest

Finti- I don't know him personally so I cant say I like him or don't like him. But I do greatly dislike his attitude and thoughts towards Christians. I have told him about God and Jesus Christ. Now it is up to him to accept and follow God, or to not follow. Either way now the sins are upon him. I did my part

Capt_Fantastic- Your hard to understand. You say you believe in God, but not his followers. If you are a follower you believe in his word and try to follow his ways, you would not act and say the things you do. You seem at times to even be against God. blink How can you have a relationship with him if you don't understand his ways or respect him.

Debbiejo- You seem like a pretty decent person. But coming from a Christian family you know about God and the Bible, yet you take the side of an Atheist and so called 'Believer' in what ever Capt_F believes in. Everyone of you has the right to choose the way in which you want to go. But out of all three of you, Debbiejo you know the most about God and Jesus Christ and still choose to defend the side of an Atheist who purely detest God and some dude who has no clue on what faith he is, because he obviously is walking a two way street.

My point is,In my belief ( note I said My. I am not saying its the only way or right way, but the way I believe) you guys are all headed down the road of spiritual darkness. If someday in your lives you find your selves so low and chained down, that no one can help. Remember Call upon the Lord for he shall hear you. And he will brake the chains holding you down. Praise him and thank him. Remember all sins will be forgiven except blasphemy(sp?) against God. With this I bid this particular thread good bye, for I have said what I feel to be right. God has saved me from my enemies and in my times of disappear and I thank him greatly. May he also be with you even though you don't believe.

God Bless You All.

finti
if it was a god I think this god would have more mercy upon me than you, unlike you I dont take it upon me to interfere with the role of this deity of yours

you have told me?, listen a lot more humble and better christians than you have tried to turn me back, as I said I dont believe in your way so what you refer to as sins aint nothing more than a words to me

I down your views about Katrina and New Orleans cause they are plain moronic. Why? cause it aint up to you or any other followers of a religion to either judge or condemn, why should people suffer for their sins while on earth if they were to go to "hell"? Some followers of another religion thought 9/11 was the act of their god because of the sins of the people it affected, now it aint too much difference between their view and your view on the Katrina hurricane and New Orleans

Christians being persecuted well it was suppose to be their lot in life, how victimized the christians are the followers of churches that actual are responsible of getting rid of and destroying many of the cultures that existed on this planet.
Most of what the christians are to follow are good ways and things, yet it is just that too many chrisitans (denominations, societies and cults) astray from that way(original) and start deciding by themselves how that way should be.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
uggghh!

To define my idea of god, would only prompt people to agree or disagree. Neither of which is nesccesary for me to have my understanding of god.
Part of the male anatomy IS not omniscient.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.