Whos better Darth Maul or Darth Vadar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth-x-Padme
to main darths in star wars Darth maul and Darth Vadar but who do u thinks better u decide

p.s i think darth vadar is better big grin

pr1983
ot vader is the king...

and this belongs in the star wars section...

Myth
This question isn't even worth asking. A more realistic question would be Darth Sidious vs Darth Vader.

preysin
Maul

b-dan
veder is two reasons 1 hes the chosesn one and two he kills maul in a comic when maul get ressurected by the dark side of the force and challenges vader for the role of sith lord. And this should be in star wars vs forums nad theres a thread on this already

Darth_Nefarus
Maul couldn't exist had Vader not been so bad.

Darth Sparhawk
I think Maul.

Lord Janus
Actually, both kinda suck. One's a quasi-ninja in red and black glossy face paint in some black pajamas, and the other is plasti-man, defender of all who have physical handicaps and black men's voices but white men's size.

Darth_Glentract
Dooku did respect Maul though. That means he can't be to bad considering he didn't have any respect towards Obi-wan and Anakin in AOTC.

Lord Janus
Respected his skill, I don't doubt. Maul was pretty good, but created as a PT character for an already established timeline, he did get the shaft. Quite literally, actually.

Both both him and Vader may be cool, they just look like dorks.

henniestevens
how do you know dooku respected maul??

Darth_Glentract
it says so in the ROTS novel.

atlant80
Dooku vs both of them Who wins DOOKU right

Lord Janus
In any case, Dooku would probably respect Maul's prowess, and perhaps his dedication (Both were pretty non-ambitious when you get right down to it, sitting next to Mister "omfg the galaxy is mine lol" Sidious) But I doubt Dooku felt that Maul's rage was exactly admirable, since Dooku believes in control.

Darth_Glentract
I don't think he was refering to his admiration of Maul's darkside power or control-lacking rage. He called him an animal. But he called him a powerful animal that was very skilled. Dooku calling someone skilled puts them way up there.

DarthVasallo
Maul was created to FALL.....that doesn't mean he wasn't extremely powerful, all men with great power meet their end. That's the kicker with Maul is - suddenly after seeing slow ass mecha-Vader and whiny-Luke go at it, this super fast, amazing swordfighter Sith kicks the crap out of everyone, and then he DIES!!! Obi shoulda just jumped down the shaft and escape ESB Luke style.

Anyways, Maul just had much more rage and combat skill for his own good. With a little more time focusing on control and modesty; he would have been able to defeat anyone.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Actually, both kinda suck. One's a quasi-ninja in red and black glossy face paint in some black pajamas, and the other is plasti-man, defender of all who have physical handicaps and black men's voices but white men's size. LMAO rolling on floor laughing

DarthMaul9123
maul takes this if its vader the machine and maybe if its vader the man but i really only think that maul will beat vader the machine but i have doubts about ROTS vader losing

Tangible God
Yeah, I just don't know who to vote for. Maul would kill Suit-Vader in saber technique, but would be killed by non-suit-Vader.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Tangible God
Yeah, I just don't know who to vote for. Maul would kill Suit-Vader in saber technique, but would be killed by non-suit-Vader.

Vader ripped Maul apart twice in the comics.

Maul couldn't compare to Vader's legacy if he had a billion Death Stars.

Lord Simus
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Maul bring Vader to his knees in those same comics?

SnakeEyes
Vader, Maul, Dooku... It's all good. cool

Sorgo
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Maul bring Vader to his knees in those same comics?

You can't correct me on this next statement, because it isn't wrong, but didn't Vader stabd himself to kill Maul, then the next time they fought after that, Maul got both of his arms chopped off?

Yup!

DarthMaul9123
yes but maul is much much more quicker than vader ...not anakin, but vader and plus maul could easily with his double blade take vader,not anakin, out i hate anakin, but when you're as good as he is you got to at least respect him

Emperor Revan
OMG, people clones are NOT just like the originals. Boba and Jango are different, Jorus and Joruus, even the Emperor and his younger clone self. And Maul's clone did VERY good against Vader, pretty well had him beat until Vader sliced through his own body to beat the clone. I say Maul almost easily.

Sorgo
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
yes but maul is much much more quicker than vader ...not anakin, but vader and plus maul could easily with his double blade take vader,not anakin, out i hate anakin, but when you're as good as he is you got to at least respect him

Vader is alot stronger in the force. He could probably throw Maul around while choking him.

Maul was killed by a Padawan. How would he "truly" fair against a Sith Lord.

Clone or not, Vader still defeated a few Sith Lord clones with the same fighting features as the original Maul.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Sorgo

Maul couldn't compare to Vader's legacy if he had a billion Death Stars. F*cking comics, they drain all credinility out of a decent topic. This topic.

Dragon 89

You cannot count this comic since it is not even Canon by EU standards.

Lord Simus
Then why the hell do people use this in Vader vs. Maul arguments all the time?

Dragon 89
Then why the hell do people use this in Vader vs. Maul arguments all the time?

Its a proven fact that there are more idiots in this world than are smart people.

Tangible God
lol

DarthMaul9123
dont you like how the person who made this thread could spell vader correctly "vadar"

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Dragon 89
Its a proven fact that there are more idiots in this world than are smart people.

DarthVasallo
Originally posted by Sorgo

comics? what the fan comics? the novels have more credibility, Maul would waste Vader (if up to ability alone), but since Vader is VADER. Vader would somehow win....maybe by getting all of his limbs chopped off and getting burned alive so Maul would walk away confident that he was killed, then the next day wham - super mechaVader kills him

knight_of_pree
True, so its settled. Vadar wins!

zephiel7
IMO Maul would be the winner because he seems faster and more skilled with a saber. But Vader has the advantage due to his superior skill in the force. After these posts though, the defacto winner is Vader because of the comics.

Hello Friend
Coolness? Vader. That voice = win.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Lord Septimus

Actually, I believe it was only once that they both fought. And Vader was losing, and only won by stabbing his lightsabre through his own chest and impaling Maul whilst almost killing himself.

But then again, that was an Tales comic so...

VISQUIS
I think Maul is better,he looks much cooler and is more skilled and powerful,he beat both Qui-Gon and Obi really,its just Obi got lucky with the force and killed Maul,also Maul has a Double-Bladed lightsaber which is another point he is more skilled.My opinion,Mauls better than mechanical and human Vader.

tdtd
He didn't beat obi wan. Again watch the movie. It took a force push for Maul to get the upper hand on Obi Wan, and was repaid with a force manuvuer of own, then was pwned. He was losing the lightsaber duel to Obi Wan

Numan
He was not losing to Obi Wan. He was completely dominating the fight. Watch TPM again and you will see.

Fishy
After QGJ died Obi Wan beat Maul back, Maul was hard pressed got his lightsaber sliced and force pushed Obi Wan. The second Obi Wan became really pissed Maul had a hard time.

vpokdekjyafmidp
who the hell is Darth Vadar?

darthsith19
Originally posted by VISQUIS
I think Maul is better,he looks much cooler and is more skilled and powerful,he beat both Qui-Gon and Obi really,its just Obi got lucky with the force and killed Maul,also Maul has a Double-Bladed lightsaber which is another point he is more skilled.My opinion,Mauls better than mechanical and human Vader.
Yes, but this is ROTS Vader, not Vader in the suit and I doubt Maul'd win, since Vader almost beat ROTS Obi-Wan and all.

PurpleSaber
Maul would beat OT Vadar, however he would lose to ROTS Vadar.

mace=badass
Both Vaders would win.

Decay
ive seen some images of one of these comics but can anyone tell me the exact issues? as for the fight, i think maul is a better pure fighter, if it was sabers and nothing else maul would probably win, but vader would use the force a fair bit, keep mauls focus on the environment like luke in esb, that would give him enough of an edge to overpower maul and take the win.

Fozzyfan116
OH I dunno. Darth Maul got beat by a padiwan and IS a padiwan to Sidious. But on the other hand, Vader swing his saber like a baseball bat.

Choices roll eyes (sarcastic)

jollyjim311
Originally posted by mace=badass
Both Vaders would win.

Wesker
Originally posted by Fozzyfan116
OH I dunno. Darth Maul got beat by a padiwan and IS a padiwan to Sidious. But on the other hand, Vader swing his saber like a baseball bat.

Choices roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since when do Sith have padawans?

Fozzyfan116
Originally posted by Wesker
Since when do Sith have padawans?

Excuse. Replace padawan with "learner"

I've decided. Maul pwns Vader. Reason? Baseball bat. no expression

Wesker
Technically both were Sith Lords; one was simply the apprentice, teh other the master.

jollyjim311
Okay, lets get things straight, Sidious wouldn't have kept Vader around if he sucked. Vader was very, very, third time for emphasis,very powerful, but Sidious got in his head and made Vader think that Vader needed Sidious, so he didn't betray Sidious. He might have tried in ESB, but he could have been lying to Luke to get him to come with him to the Emperor. Vader would beat Maul with the force alone.

mace=badass
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Okay, lets get things straight, Sidious wouldn't have kept Vader around if he sucked. Vader was very, very, third time for emphasis,very powerful, but Sidious got in his head and made Vader think that Vader needed Sidious, so he didn't betray Sidious. He might have tried in ESB, but he could have been lying to Luke to get him to come with him to the Emperor. Vader would beat Maul with the force alone.

A puh puh perdy much.

I'm still afraid of Winslow Calrisian. Queen Molly-dalla will help me!

w00t2112
In a sheer Lightsaber match : Maul force battle: Vader

Ok, many of you are basing maul on the fact he lost to a Padawan who was filled with intense rage, however, Anakin originally was losing to Dooku, as wel Obi wan didnt stand much of a chance, BUT when dooku managed to flare up anger in Anakin, Dooku got both his hands sliced off, whereas this proves that when obi wan was angered, it doesnt mean that Maul is weaker than Obi Wan.

Another point is, if you think Padawan obi wan could smash maul, wouldn't logic dictate that padawan obi wan would also beat Qui Gon? I dont think, a revered Jedi master would be easily bested by his own apprentice...

Ok on a logical sense
Dooku beat Obi wan
Anakin beat Dooku
Obi Wan beat Anakin...

Same sense as
Maul beat Qui Gon
Obi Wan beat Maul

but if you consider both, you can see that on both occasions, the weaker won, due to extreme rage and anger...

Thereby, i believe that Maul whilst would lose in a raw force battle, would prevail in a Saber fight.

VISQUIS
I agree with w00t2112

darthsith19
Argh, don't bump a thread like this if its about to die just to say you agree!

PurpleSaber
Whatever, as long as this thread is back, I would like to say that Maul won the fight between him and Obi-Wan. Maybe I was the only one to notice that Obi-Wan was hanging on for dear life while Maul was creating sparks with his lightsaber for fun. The only reason Maul died was because he let his guard down. He let his guard down because he won the fight. So again, I say Maul would beat OT Vader but would lose to pre-suit ROTS Vader.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pr1983
ot vader is the king...

and this belongs in the star wars section...

yes he is.Darth Maul blows sick

Wesker
They both blow. No thread necromancy.

Darth-Justice
well i think that Maul would win.....well maul is just a way better fighter than vader is, and if u think about it.......maul could do the force lighting cause he has his hands........=). vader is way over rated, he slow..... and if i recall right didnt maul beat sidious? so he could pretty eazy take on vader

Gamblor
No. Sidious enraged Maul to the point where he almost bested Sids in a saber duel. Impressive, but he didn't defeat him.

Darth_Frobo
This fights already been done, a hundred thousand times use the search button dude, anyways in the comics vader wins in suit, out of suit it wouldn't even be close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.