Was prequel Anakin a genius or was he dumb

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Was prequel Anakin a genius or was he dumb

Tangible God
Depends on which Anakin.

PM Anakin was a goodie-two-shoes l'il bast*rd that contributed to the movie's childish script. But Smart nonetheless.

AOTC Anakin was pretty dumb, his whole teenage gloominess was tiring, and I don't recall him making any smart moves.

ROTS Anakin..............I'm not gonna go there. I just, hate Anakin. Non-suited Vader kicked ass, but Anakin-------no.

Darth Somebody
Anakin was book smart. Just had ZERO common sense.

§pearhead
Uh...want to explain that?

Captain REX
Anakin knew his history and his math and so on, stuff you'd learn in school...

...but his common sense needed rubbing up on.

SIDIOUS: Hey, you can save your wife if you fall to the Dark Side and completely destroy everything because you're my puppet!

ANAKIN: ...okay!

Tangible God
Why Anakin fell to the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan: "The council has issued a pink lightsaber."
Anakin: "No!"

Padme: "Now that we're married I'm gonna start dressing like I did as Queen."

Jar Jar: "Mesa your new apprentice."

Sidious: "I promise I will never call you 'Ani.'"
Anakin: "Yes!"

Lord Janus
lmao

Illustrious
haha

fallenjedi
that was pretty good, but seriously, Anakin was an extremely good student. He just "fell". He turned bad because he got duped into it. look, the guy was going through some pretty rough things. He just found out his chic that he hasn't seen in months is a few weeks pregnant(?), He cold bloodedly decapiteted a codger that damn well killed his closest friend. He couldn't sleep, the council had just told him his membership was crap. It was possible his friend was stabbing him in the back, and the only person he could realy confide in, the one person who realy knew what was going through this screwed up guy's head turns out to be your worst enemy...or so the old guys say. The way he saw it was the only guy that realy cares is the only guy eith the power,or willingness to help him protect the woman he loves and his unborn child. I'm not saying it was the best decision, but given the same circumstances...who can honestly say, wholeheartedly, they wouldn't have done the same.

Tangible God
Originally posted by fallenjedi
that was pretty good, but seriously, Anakin was an extremely good student. He just "fell". He turned bad because he got duped into it. look, the guy was going through some pretty rough things. He just found out his chic that he hasn't seen in months is a few weeks pregnant(?), He cold bloodedly decapiteted a codger that damn well killed his closest friend. He couldn't sleep, the council had just told him his membership was crap. It was possible his friend was stabbing him in the back, and the only person he could realy confide in, the one person who realy knew what was going through this screwed up guy's head turns out to be your worst enemy...or so the old guys say. The way he saw it was the only guy that realy cares is the only guy eith the power,or willingness to help him protect the woman he loves and his unborn child. I'm not saying it was the best decision, but given the same circumstances...who can honestly say, wholeheartedly, they wouldn't have done the same. Yeah, his character was OK, it's just the Actor who plays him that most fans hate.

Lord Janus
I hate his acting like I hate sand... Meh. It's coarse and rough... And it gets into everything... sniff

§pearhead
Originally posted by Captain REX
Anakin knew his history and his math and so on, stuff you'd learn in school...

...but his common sense needed rubbing up on.

SIDIOUS: Hey, you can save your wife if you fall to the Dark Side and completely destroy everything because you're my puppet!

ANAKIN: ...okay!

i know what school smart means, I just was hoping for a more specific example.

I hate Anakin, but he's got more common sense than some people give him credit for...he just has no people skills. Let's see you are when you're a slave for your first ten years. Not to mention he was up against Palpy, who duped the Trade Federation, Dooku, AND the Jedi Council...Anakin's just another victim here.

Ushgarak
Neither Luke nor Anakin are actually the smartest guys on the block. They are skilled, talented but... just a little bit daft.

Dimmimar
If your only hope of saving your most beloved possession (bad word, sorry) in the Univers was to turn to the darkside, you'd do it.

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by Tangible God
Why Anakin fell to the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan: "The council has issued a pink lightsaber."

Padme: "Now that we're married I'm gonna start dressing like I did as Queen."

Jar Jar: "Mesa your new apprentice."

Sidious: "I promise I will never call you 'Ani.'"
Anakin: "Yes!"

rofl!

overlord
Originally posted by Dimmimar
If your only hope of saving your most beloved possession (bad word, sorry) in the Univers was to turn to the darkside, you'd do it.

Yeah, and then suddenly kill her..
And still not getting angry with Palpatine although it was obvious Palpatine was constantly manipulating and so on..
Never struck me as an intelligent guy.. But then again maybe he was just looking for an excuse to rule the universe, I would immediately join Sidious cuz I'd love a planet for my own!

Illustrious
No, you're approaching it the wrong way. The dark side doesn't lead to hope, he's simply being duped that it does.

It's the "candy in the van" thing, only the idiots with no common sense would really believe there was a lot of candy in the van and that was it.

overlord
Yeah I know (wishful thinking), Anakin was just a fool..

Rand al'Thor
Anakin reminds me of a barbarian. Powerful, gifted...and stupid.

Liquid_Fire
Take into mind people that you saw things from a completely different point of view, Palpatine was viewed as a saint or whatever, and being the viewer of the movie, you knew all these things before hand, and even if you didn't you still see it from a point of view where you learn EVERYTHING pretty much, Anakin didn't know palpatine was a sith lord, you most likely did. Anakin was going through a very rough part of his life and his vision was clouded. Yes the writing of the movie could have been better, but my first sentence still stands. Although personally i think their both daft anyways.

Sorgo
Anakin: I wish to join the Dark side due to a twenty second dream sequence of my wifes death.

Sidious: Here's an application form.

Tangible God
Anakin only joined the Dark Side becasue it would enhance his Connect-Four abilities, he kept losing night after night, week after week to the younglings that he could stand no more. Did you see that pure hate he had in his eyes before he killed them?

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Anakin joins the darkside because he wanted a red saber but couldn't even get a purple lightsaber like Windu had.

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Illustrious
No, you're approaching it the wrong way. The dark side doesn't lead to hope, he's simply being duped that it does.

It's the "candy in the van" thing, only the idiots with no common sense would really believe there was a lot of candy in the van and that was it.

Tangible God
How'd you get a pic of my van?

Lord Janus
I am one stalking mo'fo.

Tangible God
(looks around shoulder and gasps)

Oh, it's just you David Bowie.

Lord Janus
Damn, I don't have a single Bowie pic either.

Tangible God
Try to find the one where he salutes the crowd like a Nazi.

Oops, just gave it away.

Lord Coal
I think it all depends on whether you see irritating as good or bad. Prequel Anakin was just a constant whiner and he got Natalie Portman. This makes me angry.

Liquid_Fire
It's the writing in of the story, nowadays almost all characters in movies are daft.

Tangible God
Well except LOTR, those guys were alright home-boy.

Zachara
Not Frodo. Everyone but Frodo was good in LOTR. ("Okay, Elijah, CRY!! ACTION!!"wink

I personnaly think Anakin's character would have been better if his script was taken care of with less cheese and more....well, good stuff. He wasn't the only one. Personnaly I think that if we remove Portman from every scene except her death and we have oursleves a better movie. Or at least remove the balcony part where she does mothing but brush her hair.

Tangible God
Hell yeah, Zachara!

Lord Janus
Hey! Hair brushing is extremely erotic and very central to the point of Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith. How dare you claim otherwise!

*Insert hate mongoring here*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.