Silence of the Lambs Prequel - Young Hannibal News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
YOUNG HANNIBAL GETS A CAST

The fourth Hannibal Lector film is slated to begin filming on Sept. 15th in the Czech Republic and will tell the advance story on how Hannibal came to be the monster that we all know and love. Obviously Anthony Hopkins will not be able to play a young Hannibal, although he will be narrating the film. There have been many rumors on who would play the young cannibal and according to Moviehole a strong frontrunner has come to the surface along with other casting updates. Here is what Moviehole has posted:

Gaspard Ulliel (A Very Long Engagment) is in final talks to fill the shoes of a young Tony Hopkins in the "Silence of the Lambs" prequel, Young Hannibal, says Allocine.fr. It's believed he gave a sreen test better than fellow candidates Macaulay Culkin and Hayden Christensen.

Meantime, The Daily Mail reports that the movie, which will explain how Lecter turns into the urbane monster we see in "Silence Of The Lambs" and "Red Dragon", will also star Rhys Ifans , as the chap that murders Lecter's parents, Kevin McKidd and Gong Li ["Miami Vice"

For more info check out Moviehole.

Evil Dead
Moviehole = dumb

Manhunter
Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon

that's four films there........so this would be the fifth, would it not?

Dr. Octagon
true^ but there are people that dont consider Manhunter part of it. They say Red Dragon is just the remake of it.

The movie is suppose to be called "The Lecter Variation" or something like that.

Evil Dead
Red Dragon is a remake...............it is still a movie. Night of the Living Dead was remade................doesn't mean the original doesn't count as a movie any longer. There are simply two NOTLD movies..........

BackFire
Perhaps it's because Hanibal Lector was hardly in Manhunter, and he wasn't played by Anthony Hopkins.

Deano
this movie is gonna be fantastic!!

btw i was being sarcasticno expression

tabby999
could be good, but i have my doubts

doomsday49
Yeah hannibal lecter has already achieve a sort of mythical standing because of his mysterious nature; and to try to humanize him and explaining him would not be a good idea.

papabeard
Dino and Martha De Laurentiis are set to unite once again with Tarak Ben Ammar of Quinta Communications and British co-producers Chris Curling and Phil Robertson of Zephyr Films, to produce the highly anticipated BEHIND THE MASK: Young Hannibal. Petr Moravec of Czech production company, Etic Films, will also join the fold for their first collaboration together.

Best selling novelist Thomas Harris, who created and authored the world shattering series, has also written the screenplay, based on his highly anticipated upcoming novel, BEHIND THE MASK.

This prequel follows the young Hannibal Lecter from his childhood in Lithuania to his teenage years in France and up to his time in America. 20-year old French actor, Gaspard Ulliel (A Very Long Engagement, Brotherhood of the Wolf) has been chosen to play the coveted role of the young Hannibal, the character brought to life by Anthony Hopkins with some of the most quoted and juicy lines in film history. Award-winning Chinese actress Gong Li will play Lady Murasaki, the woman who takes in the young Hannibal after his escape from an orphanage and unwittingly becomes the pawn in a revenge plot by Hannibal.

Completing the principal cast line-up is Rhys Ifans (Chromophobia, Vanity Fair, The Shipping News), Richard Brake (Batman Begins, Cold Mountain) and Kevin McKidd (Dog Soldiers, Kingdom of Heaven, De-Lovely). Principal photography will begin on October 10th, 2005 in Prague. At the helm of this long awaited look at the heart and soul of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, will be British director and BAFTA nominee Peter Webber (Girl With A Pearl Earring, Men Only). BEHIND THE MASK: Young Hannibal will bring the most irresistible and articulate villain of our time back to the big screen. Audiences will finally be introduced to the atrocities encountered in young Hannibal Lecter's life that honed his particular appetite for evil.

As reported previously Anthony Hopkins will return but only to do some light voice over work. The article also mentions the new book by Thomas Harris, thought you might like to know that it is due for release on November 29th.

zombieman
This will be shite, the previous Hannibal movies were all based on decent novels by Thomas Harris. Without any Harris material to base this movie on, I'm pretty sure they will make a dogs dinner of it.

papabeard
Dude, did you even read the post above :

"Best selling novelist Thomas Harris, who created and authored the world shattering series, has also written the screenplay, based on his highly anticipated upcoming novel, BEHIND THE MASK."

zombieman
Not the post above, just the top one. Suppose I'd better take it all back then.

deathbycorn
This should be interesting!

b-dan
i remeber hearing about this movie in october whos playing Hannable in it?

b-dan
Originally posted by papabeard
Dude, did you even read the post above :

"Best selling novelist Thomas Harris, who created and authored the world shattering series, has also written the screenplay, based on his highly anticipated upcoming novel, BEHIND THE MASK." o well ive probably known about htis movie b4 u

thomasgeorge
hannibal sucks

-hh-
this movie CAN be great. Manhunter, Red Dragon, Hannibal, and Silence of the Lambs were all incredible movies. This movie was suppose to come out in 03-04. we'll see what happens

Originally posted by thomasgeorge
hannibal sucks roll eyes (sarcastic)

thomasgeorge
hannibal sucks

-hh-
hannibal sucks thanks for your opinion, at least support it with facts kid

thomasgeorge
hanibal sucks

Impediment
Thank you for your opinion. Try supporting it with either facts or information instead of monosyllabic words that exemplify your retardation, little kid. And try utilizing spellcheck once in a while.

thomasgeorge
make me dumb ass

jayy
hannibal sucks

I'll agree with you on that one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/saw_ii/saw2_clown.jpg

Got it? Good.

eek! eek!

deathbycorn
Honestly who votes jayy and thomasgeorge get banned from KMC?

I have held my thoughts in long enough...

jayy
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Honestly who votes jayy and thomasgeorge get banned from KMC?

I have held my thoughts in long enough...

Your the one who always makes derogatory remarks. All I do is post my opinion. I don't bash anyone. If you take things personal. Go to a different board.

wink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_8605_3U.gif

deathbycorn
What derogatory remarks have I made you wank?

I don't see the need to quote 'jigsaw wins' or 'hannibal is gay' over 30 times a day and use the same saw puppet pic day in day out, it just proves to everyone who has a bit of sense on this board that you are immature and no one is going to take you seriously on here.

So how about you go to another board or shut up with the crap that you say.

It's simple really, grow up.

jayy
Originally posted by deathbycorn
What derogatory remarks have I made you wank?

I don't see the need to quote 'jigsaw wins' or 'hannibal is gay' over 30 times a day and use the same saw puppet pic day in day out, it just proves to everyone who has a bit of sense on this board that you are immature and no one is going to take you seriously on here.

So how about you go to another board or shut up with the crap that you say.

It's simple really, grow up.

Calling me names, "Wank". laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Thomasgeorge - I'm giving you a warning for bashing and irrelivent postings. Do either again and you'll be banned.

LizzyT123
oh goodness! lets just discuss horror movies, and not get in troube smile

jayy
I second that motion!!

big grin

LizzyT123
totally! BUt yeah, I can't wait for the new Hannibally Prequel, IMO.

b-dan
Originally posted by Impediment
Thank you for your opinion. Try supporting it with either facts or information instead of monosyllabic words that exemplify your retardation, little kid. And try utilizing spellcheck once in a while. nice sig and pic mafia and bum fights rule!!!

jayy
Originally posted by b-dan
nice sig and pic mafia and bum fights rule!!!

"Bling Bling keeps crack pipe in his collarrr!!"

Bumfights rules!!!

cool cool

papabeard
Bumfights is exploitative and idiotic

LizzyT123
My dad has a bumfight video, but I don't believe in crap like that so I don't watch it.

I think Hannibal is cool, and I will deffinetly see this new movie.

deathbycorn
Anyone know a release date for this movie?

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/fgfwregrg.gif

beta-wolf_101
Uh, technically Red Dragon is a prequel since it was the first book in the series , but of course there is Manhunter which was made first. Anyway, I think that only Hopkins can truly play that role. It could be interesting though but it could flop because they don't have a book to go off of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.