books your dropping....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
i hate it when i drop a book (last one i dropped was x-force, fantastic four and cable/deadpool) but i gotta do it... some people are starvin in the streets i just feel guilty spending money on things i dont like anymore

what are the books you have dropped recently or is going to drop?

pls. cite reasons if you dont mind.

mine will probably be the spidey books if it dont pick up. but im willing to give "the other" a chance to prove itself, if it impresses me ill continue to pick up spidey for another whole year. if it fails id probably drop spidey 616 except the "unlimited."

what's yours if any?

colossus17
i am thinking of dropping B.S comics.they are way to expensive..and hard to steal.....

ScarletSpider
Ultimate X-Men, I just wasn't impressed with Vaughn's stories. I love his Runaways and other stuff, but his Ultimate X-Men just wasn't doing it for me.

SnakeEyes
I had to drop Cable/Deadpool a while ago... its a shame I tell ya! Anyone know what happened between issue 12 (when I had to drop it) and the current one? Is it good?

jrodslam
I might drop the X-Men(Iceman, Havok, Polaris) title.

If theyt dont improve the story between Iceman, Havok and Polaris or have some dam action, ill be dropping it real soon. Because Iceman is my favorite Marvel character, hes the only reason i pick up the title anyways. I was collecting Untimate X-Men for a bit, but i dont like the young shit. At least not for Iceman.

When X-Men introduced the new Brotherhood, the book was intersting to me. Everyone was involved. Now its just Rouge and Gambit. They already have their own titles. Let the others get some burn. Geez. Im sorry. I had to vent real quick. But like i said, if they dont involve Iceman, Havok and Polaris more, ill be dropping thjat as well, and would only pick it up when they do become more involved. Especially Iceman.

ScarletSpider
Deadpool fought Agent X and teamed up with the Fixer. Deadpool killed some guy on Providence, but didn't know why as his brain was turning to pudding. Nate got de-aged and went hopping through realities, Deadpool, Siryn and Cannonball (Cannonballs is how DP referred to him) went after him, they wound up in House of M. Nate had his powers back, but burnt them out fixing Deadpool's brain. They re-aged Nate, Nate and Deadpool went to a bar and shot the shit while Cable caught up to his normal age. Now Deadpool is back to normal (as normal as he gets) and Nate is back to his 90s power level, enough to hold his body together and be labeled a mutant, but not enough to challenge the Silver Surfer. And that forms a perfect jumping on point actually, new status quo's developed for the characters, and now they're going on a badass beat people up kick. Going up against Black Mamba, Asp and Diamondback and in a few issues taking on Powerman (Cage) and Iron Fist. It got really confusing for awhile, but is back on track now, and I'd highly recommend checking it out again.

Haha, Rogue and Gambit's titles were just cancelled, I think a lot of the focus on them was to tie that up, put them together and whatnot. I agree, the Iceman/Polaris/Havok thing is a little stale, and there's almost no action. The Mystique thing was cool though, I wish she had stayed and not left--it was interesting that they offered her a probationary position on the team. Post House of M, it should pick up with a Black Panther/X-Men crossover. Hopefully.

thundercracker
new avengers - its just not that interesting im givin it a last shot then if it doesent get better its gone

uncanny x men - see above

pr1983
i tend to read most x-books out of habit rather than actual expectation... bar astonishing x-men most are pretty damn poor art and writing wise imo...

i never got into new avengers, was alright, but i miss hawkeye and thor too much...

Ultimate Ion
New Avengers has been a little dull. I'm gonna try and stick it out a little longer, at least until they introduce Ronin and actually establish a semi-permanent lineup.

Green Lantern is getting dropped as soon as Recharge hits.

8bitChris
I don't know why you guys are dropping Cable and Deadpool.

It is one of the most entertaining and best drawn comics currently out there.

I'm sorry for those who dropped it at issue 12. Because that is when the focus shifted from Cable to Deadpool for awhile.

Anyway, it's still my favorite read.

Lord S
I will be dropping all of current Marvel if 'House of M' doesn't live up to the hype...so far so good, but if it turns out to be just another giant mutant-fest, then I will officially be through with Marvel.

I'll still buy back issues...but nothing current.

And I think I will drop the 'Secret War' series...no. 5 is due out in October...and it's been a colossal waste of time since the third issue.

SnakeEyes
lol... I dropped the new Secret Wars after issue one...

HigH ScholaR
what's this "secret wars" is it a relaunch of the first one or something new all together confused

Pointinel
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I don't know why you guys are dropping Cable and Deadpool.

It is one of the most entertaining and best drawn comics currently out there.

I'm sorry for those who dropped it at issue 12. Because that is when the focus shifted from Cable to Deadpool for awhile.

Anyway, it's still my favorite read.

in retrospect im regretting it myself, i was debating either that or Uncanny (during the hellfire arc) but 200+ consecutive issues of UXM is too much a factor... i shouldve dropped amazing spidey instead

but with 460 im glad i chose to stick with it :UP:

i think what turned me off with C/DP is the "blurb"/recap/deadpool dialogue in the front page

Pointinel
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
lol... I dropped the new Secret Wars after issue one...

^yup. that was horrible. i dropped mine after 2

plus with a schedule like that... who'd give a fuc about it

Scoobless
Originally posted by thundercracker
new avengers - its just not that interesting im givin it a last shot then if it doesent get better its gone

really? i know it hasn't been action packed, universe shaking and whatnot... but the intercharacter relationships are worth reading it for

Lord S
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
lol... I dropped the new Secret Wars after issue one... Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
what's this "secret wars" is it a relaunch of the first one or something new all together confused Quickly, it's not 'Secret Wars', it's 'Secret War'...two very different story arcs. 'Secret War' essentially has Nick Fury recruit a bunch of heroes to overthrow the government of Latveria...due to suspected Latverian involvement/influence and technological support of low-rent, street-level villains in the US. This is a very grounded story, and so far has nothing to do with Dr. Doom.

Originally posted by Pointinel
^yup. that was horrible. i dropped mine after 2

plus with a schedule like that... who'd give a fuc about it For me, one and two were great. They really fill you with intrigue and a sense of something big happening...but when the third issue came out, it fell flat on its face. The fourth was the same. My biggest beef was that only about a third of the comic book was used to tell the actual story...the rest was full page ads, and the 'files of Nick Fury'...not very exciting stuff. They could, (and should), have made the third and fourth issues one comic.

Don't even get me started on the wait time...was supposed to be every three months, then it changed to every five months, then every six, now almost SEVEN months after the last issue we finally get the conclusion.

Seriously ****ed up. thumb down

Draco69
Eh. I guess it takes the artist a long time to paint the sh**.

As mentioned before: X-Men and Uncanny X-Men

X-Men is STILL a steaming pile of horsepoo even when Austen got kicked off.

And Uncanny X-Men is STILL utterly and completely boring and stale.

thundercracker
Originally posted by Scoobless
really? i know it hasn't been action packed, universe shaking and whatnot... but the intercharacter relationships are worth reading it for

yeah but its getting kind of expensive since as of next week my list is

new avengers
uncanny x men
astonishing x men
cable deadpool
new xmen
new xmen hellions
amazing spiderman
toxin

thats regulars so somthing has to go and uncanny and new avengers are just boring me the most hellions and toxin are minis anyway so theyll drop off the list quite soon

ScarletSpider
Yeah, but Hellions and Toxin are mini-series, so that's not conducive of a full pull-list. At any given time I can have a few mini-series, or none, making my week cost from 50 dollars, down to 6.

SnakeEyes
I go maybe every two weeks to my local comic shop and spend about 15 bucks on average.

thundercracker
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Yeah, but Hellions and Toxin are mini-series, so that's not conducive of a full pull-list. At any given time I can have a few mini-series, or none, making my week cost from 50 dollars, down to 6.

true i forgot fantastic four on that list i generally pick up a few random titles every now and then but ummm yea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.