killer-cool emperor thread!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

overlord
(This is my very first thread!! SOMEONE CONGRATULATE ME!!)

What if YOU my friend were chosen emperor of the Star Wars universe plus the ability to electrocute people at will (yes, even jawa's..)?
What planet would you chose to rule everything for example, what planet would you throw your vacation castle on? Would you be a freak by having slave twi-leks or would you just blow up Mon Calamari and live in peace with the whole universe forever?

As for me I would live on Hoth, because I can't sleep when it's too hot! (not kidding)

Sorgo
Originally posted by overlord
(This is my very first thread!! SOMEONE CONGRATULATE ME!!)

What if YOU my friend were chosen emperor of the Star Wars universe plus the ability to electrocute people at will (yes, even jawa's..)?
What planet would you chose to rule everything for example, what planet would you throw your vacation castle on? Would you be a freak by having slave twi-leks or would you just blow up Mon Calamari and live in peace with the whole universe forever?

As for me I would live on Hoth, because I can't sleep when it's too hot! (not kidding)

No, the Jawa's cannot be electrocuted at will. This is the purity of bullshit.

The JAwa's are unstoppable.

ALL THE GRANDMASTERS GATHER! WE MUST DIMINISH THIS UNHOLY PRESENCE AND IMBALANCE TO OUR SACRED SOCIETY!

Imagawa666
Id blow up tatooine so as to kill luke and obi wan. Then yavin so they couldnt touch me. the alliance that is.

Bespin Bart
*creates imbalance to pitiful Jawa Order* no expression

Seriously, it's like a cult... stick out tongue

Tangible God
I'd blow up Zonama Sekot, then we wouldn't have to put up with it 20 years down the road.

Darth Somebody
1. I'd kill Darth Vader.

2. I'd reveal to the damn galaxy that I'm a Sith Lord - and then kill a couple of bystanders so I can elaborate on what the hell I can do.

3. I'd kill all off-spring, relatives, and anyone who has been in a room with Vader longer than an hour - so I could successfully eliminate most of the opposite and possible traitors.

4. I'd kill four people per week - so my agents know I'm not getting soft and lack the power to kill them whenever the hell I want. This also helps limit betrayal.

5. I'd kill any politician who dare opposes me.

6. I'd also send more Clonetroopers aka Stormtroopers to enforce Imperial law on Outer Rim planets.

7. I'd kill off the Hutts and takeover their territory.

8. I'd call for the mass production of several thousand more clones, and ship off a sector fleet (ten Star Destroyers, a sufficient crew for each, a Regional Governor, and 50,000 Stormtroopers per sector)

9. I'd destroy and disband the Bounty Hunters Guild.

10. I'd declare permenant martial law on any planet housing the Rebellion or sympathizing with them.

11. I'd fly in an unmarked vessel (so no one can go after me)

12. I'd abolish all reactor shafts within a kilometer of my throne room.

These are just some of the things I'd do if I were Palpatine.

SnakeEyes
No Bounty Hunters guild! No Vader! No Hutts! That would be a boring Universe man...

Darth_Glentract
I would get a really hot mistress. Or maybe a few hundred and then get to pick my favorite. big grin

Sorgo
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
*creates imbalance to pitiful Jawa Order* no expression

Seriously, it's like a cult... stick out tongue

You imbalance has been countered and placed on your already imbalanced self. You have been perfectly balanced in such a way that you are a perfect imbodiment, so it created an unatural paradox and you exploded.

Bye.

NJAWAO RULEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Somebody

8. I'd call for the mass production of several thousand more clones, and ship off a sector fleet (ten Star Destroyers, a sufficient crew for each, a Regional Governor, and 50,000 Stormtroopers per sector) Several thousand? 50 000 per sector? (sarcastic) No, no, don't get ahead of yourself, 37 000 people man ONE Star Destroyer, so 50 000 GROUND troops will enforce an entire planet...definetly.

overlord
I would probably be on intergalactic television everyday talking nonsense and I would lame the hell out of people on intergalactic JK3 online, and everybody would run from me when I come online.

And I would finally uncloak(?) one of these guy's:

Darth Sparhawk
I'd blow Tatooine and dagobah.

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk

I didn't realize they were built like that.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk

To be save from the forces of good you could better attack the alliance only, those crazy old jedi masters just went to die on those desolate planets. Palpy and Vader should have never allowed Luke to come near them! But what if Luke never joined the alliance? Their insane attack on the Deathstar would have never worked then! Happy Dance

Captain REX
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
1. I'd kill Darth Vader.

2. I'd reveal to the damn galaxy that I'm a Sith Lord - and then kill a couple of bystanders so I can elaborate on what the hell I can do.

3. I'd kill all off-spring, relatives, and anyone who has been in a room with Vader longer than an hour - so I could successfully eliminate most of the opposite and possible traitors.

4. I'd kill four people per week - so my agents know I'm not getting soft and lack the power to kill them whenever the hell I want. This also helps limit betrayal.

5. I'd kill any politician who dare opposes me.

6. I'd also send more Clonetroopers aka Stormtroopers to enforce Imperial law on Outer Rim planets.

7. I'd kill off the Hutts and takeover their territory.

8. I'd call for the mass production of several thousand more clones, and ship off a sector fleet (ten Star Destroyers, a sufficient crew for each, a Regional Governor, and 50,000 Stormtroopers per sector)

9. I'd destroy and disband the Bounty Hunters Guild.

10. I'd declare permenant martial law on any planet housing the Rebellion or sympathizing with them.

11. I'd fly in an unmarked vessel (so no one can go after me)

12. I'd abolish all reactor shafts within a kilometer of my throne room.

These are just some of the things I'd do if I were Palpatine.

1. Bye-bye ideal Sith Apprentice. Hello whatever pathetic n00b you can find. Besides, destiny would keep him alive.

2-10. Yeah, and the entire Galaxy would rise up against you, because an honorable death would be far better than dying of starvation or execution, and there's always the off-chance that they could win and kill you.

11. If they knew which one it was, they'd still come for you.

12. Yeah, that would be a good idea, actually.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Captain REX
1. Bye-bye ideal Sith Apprentice. Hello whatever pathetic n00b you can find. Besides, destiny would keep him alive.

2-10. Yeah, and the entire Galaxy would rise up against you, because an honorable death would be far better than dying of starvation or execution, and there's always the off-chance that they could win and kill you.

11. If they knew which one it was, they'd still come for you.

12. Yeah, that would be a good idea, actually.

1. Palpatine doesn't need an apprentice. Or have you forgotten the multiple Dark Side orders he has at his disposal?

2-10. Fear would keep them in line. The Hutts and Bounty Hunters are criminals and killers. You honestly think the galaxy would rebel at their executions? And enforcing Imperial law means less of a rebellion. You can enforce laws without being cruel. It's for militant security purposes. And any planet housing the Rebellion isn't worthy of ANY sympathy. People know the consequences of supporting them.

11. Unmarked - as in unregistered. No nickname, no patrol ships. Just a regular vessel.

Captain REX
1. Haven't forgotten, but they are obviously not anything near Vader's power. And the destiny thing still stands.

2-10. The idea may be grand for an evil dictator, but in practice, everyone will end up rebelling. The deaths of the first few Hutts will cause the other Hutts to rebel, bringing their allies with them. Mass murders, especially outside the domain of the Empire by unprovoked invasion, will bring anyone rushing to bring you down.

11. Unregistered ships are suspicious.

Tangible God
Rex has got you on that one Somebody. You need someone to enforce your will, being the leader your an obvious choice for assassination.

An entire galaxy----and NONE will rebel?-----

The ship---Rex got it spot on.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Captain REX
1. Haven't forgotten, but they are obviously not anything near Vader's power. And the destiny thing still stands.

2-10. The idea may be grand for an evil dictator, but in practice, everyone will end up rebelling. The deaths of the first few Hutts will cause the other Hutts to rebel, bringing their allies with them. Mass murders, especially outside the domain of the Empire by unprovoked invasion, will bring anyone rushing to bring you down.

11. Unregistered ships are suspicious.

1. Palpatine himself is the most powerful Force-user in the galaxy. I'd rather have no second-in-command than a traitorous one. Which is what Vader is. Palpatine may take the time to train one of his hands further in the Dark Side. Trust me, there are potential apprentices in many of the Emperor's loyalists.

2-10. Then Palpatine could excuse it as the Empire cracking down on the outlaws. It's a viable excuse. The Empire has more resources than any criminal organizations. They can abduct the Hutts, shut down their resources, and arrest them. If they fight back, Palpatine would then have the grounds to kill them. The Hutts are far from good or beneficial to the galaxy.

And of COURSE there will be rebellions. But not from killing the Hutts.

11. Not compared to registered Imperial shuttles. Then again, if you're dealing with a clever opponent - ANY ship would be suspicious. So either way, Palpatine takes a horrendous risk.

Captain REX
That's why Palpatine takes a Star Destroyer and flies his shuttle from that, like Vader. wink

Cracking down on outlaws? Wiping the Hutt species from the face of the Universe is not cracking down. He strikes first, and they will rebel. Nothing to it.

And Vader still has destiny going for him. He was destined to kill Sidious.

Lord Janus
That last part depends on if you believe in predestination. Do you? If so, can you prove it?

Lord Janus
http://web.ask.com/fr?u=http%3A%2F%2Fplato.stanford.edu%2Fentries%2Ffreewill%2F&s=a7&bu=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.ask.com%2Fweb%3Fq%3Dfree%2Bwill%26o%3D0%26page%3D1&q=free+will&o=0&qt=0& amp;ma=An%20overview%20of%20theories%20of%20free%2
0will%20and%20the%20problems%20that%20they%20raise
.%20By%20Timothy%20O'Connor.&mt=Free%20Will&mb=1e265e4ec32de5454029ac8b6ac7bbe7

Captain REX
I doesn't matter if I believe in it. Destiny is a recurring theme in Star Wars. That's why Vader and Palpatine say it a million times.

Lord Janus
Yes, but if you remove the set storyline of the saga and introduce more variables, like DS is suggesting, the destiny thing falters. Destiny relies on a set future. If the future changes, destiny changes, because individuals' choices change to meet the variables.

Tangible God
DS's whole cracking down thing doesn't work. No matter what steps you take, a whole galaxy worth of people is too much too "crack down" on all at once. whe Tarkin blew up Alderaan, the populace woke up to the Empire's tyranny. With such a (sighs) "crackdown" you'd be looking at Alderaan times a 100.

And since it's a movie, you just can't remove the destiny thing. If you say it doesn't matter much--------the Force isn't real either. Nor is the Deathstar or Star Destroyers. The destiny hullibuloo means something....Ah well.

Lord Janus
Correction:

The destruction of Alderaan was relatively minor in a galaxy with millions of star systems. Similar acts of destruction had been wrought before by other means, and were relatively minor. If anything, the destruction of Alderaan would cause rebels with weak conviction to falter and those with strong conviction to become fanatical. Either way, it does not neccessarily 'wake up' the galaxy to the Empire's tyranny, when things such as demonstator massacres and mass slavery have produced a relatively small rebellion (That could field an armada barely adequate to take on the small portion of the Imperial fleet over Endor). Also, you're assuming that in a galaxy of over sixty million species has a relatively uniform morality code too.

Second, destiny only applies to the movie if you're considering the author's intent behind -everything-. If this is the case, then the only reasonable answer for anything is the author's intent, not how it was on-screen nor anything that would contradict factually, such as in sociology or science. If you're looking at it objectively, the idea of destiny cannot apply in all scenarios, because the variables are all different and thus the outcome will be different.

Tangible God
Retort to correction--kinda---

I just meant that Alderaan was only ever known as a peaceful world with no war like or military intent. For the Empire to destroy the world without reason is not something even they can cover up.

The galaxy(not the WHOLE thing of course) would look at the Empire in a different way. They knew it wasn't the organization that had everybody's best intentions at heart, but they thought it wasn't THAT evil. Too blow up such a world as Alderaan(who was SECRETLY supplieing the Rebellion) would create a "wake up" among people to what the Empire truly is. An evil, oppressive gov't that would do anything to gain and retain power. Like the Alderaan situation.

Apparently, when news of Alderaan spread, sympathy towards the Alliance increased, there were more defections, more rebel recruits volunteering than there had been prior to it's destruction. So, in essence, it was that one planet kicking the bucket that created a domino effect which lead the destruction of the Empire---eventually.

To the destiny whatsits...All I got is......it's Sci-fi. It's done and over with, and destiny is real in it, and plays a part. No matter how much you can argue destiny in real life, even with author's intentions, when looking at the movie and debating about the movie plot, you gotta let whats mentioned in it take credit.

Lord Janus
I don't think you get the whole idea about destiny.

Destiny hinges on future choices and consequences. It does not just appear regardless of what choices are made or what consequences. If you have a torch, you can make fire. But if the torch is doused, or you have to take it underwater, or in a heavy rainstorm, etc.... you cannot have the same effect because the situation has changed.

In the events as they occured, Vader killed the emperor. Why? He made a conscious choice and opted his son over his lord. If you remove say, the element of Luke ever being born or at least, trained to be a jedi, would this have happened? It depends on your viewpoint.

If you argue the author's intent (Or in this case, GL's intent) you would say yes, because GL believes in and incorporated the destiny issue into his series. That is, if GL believes the destiny and prophecy HAD to occur, regardless of how.

If you argue objectively, you have to say that there is nothing to prove in such prophecies, since they can only be reliable if they are observations by a being that can observe future events before they occur (i. e. a being outside of time itself) Thus, this shows that while in a linear fashion a prophecy predicts future events, it is actually totally dependant on future events for a prediction. There is no other reasonable way to see the future, since every being in the series sees time as we do, that is, in a linear fashion. They cannot have absolute knowledge of the future unless it comes from an outside source, and this source in turn relies on seeing the future events as they happened, not the future events relying on the outside source.

So in other words, if the sitation changed, the destiny does too. Period.

And about Alderaan, yes, the planet was a poor choice to destroy because of its nonmilitary beliefs, but of course, Tarkin felt he had a real bargaining chip there. He had Leia, threatened her homeworld for information, then blew the sucker up to solidify his power. Trust me, if the first Death Star hadn't been destroyed by some lucky jedi farmboy, the Empire's grip on the galaxy would have been damn near absolute.

Tangible God
Yeah...The Alderaan etc..Oh I know, but I was talking about that it WAS a bad idea. If he hadn't....whew.

And the destiny. I know what it is, and I can't argue your point about it, it's valid.

It's just that...it's a movie. I stand firm in saying that. I only say that in a negative way if there is an obvious loophole or plot-gap, but the destiny thing is a matter of if you believe in it or not, in real life that is. But in a movie, (a Sci-fi one no less) if that's what it says happened, than it happened, unless it's based on a true story then they can't alter it.

But if they say THAT'S the Force-then it is. If they say you can travel 100 000 times the speed of light, then they can. But only IN THE MOVIE. And since this topic is relevant only in THIS particular movie, than THAT'S what destiny is. Otherwise, you take away from the whole story. It's such things as GL's MOVIE perception of destiny that adds to the excitement of the plot. He may not actually believe that's what destiny is like, but it went with his story, and that's what we see.

Lord Janus
And so you are essentially in support of GL's intentions (assuming you understand them) and you are arguing that even if things were to change (And again, this is speculation, so it would not be the same movie; it would be a "what if" scenario) that GL's intent would be that the destiny would be the same? This doesn't make sense.

If you want to hold a belief on something, then it's just that- a belief. If you want to debate and argue something that -isn't- subjective, you must find a common ground, using logic. A logical conclusion is objective; you cannot say that all dogs are cute and Shep is a dog, but I think he's ugly so he's not cute... That's ridiculous. Logic must be formed and shaped so that the conclusion makes sense and isn't in itself a product of a subjective idea. For example, the movie doesn't revolve around a parody of past or present events, even if I think it does. Now, if I could prove that it does with observations that can really only support my conclusion, then I might be on to something, and can put forth the idea. But me "thinking" does not equal a stance or debate on something.

Now, if you want to debate this, then let's debate using a common ground. If you want to hold an opinion, then hold an opinion. But you can't have both.

Tangible God
Mostly it is just my opinion and I began this only to try to defend my intelligence.

All I have to say is, and I am repeating myself, it's a movie.(sighs)

If the whole Anakin vs. the Sith happened in real life and Anakin killed Palpatine, then the destiny thing would be easily argueable.

But, in this movie(Sci-fi) GL wrote a story about the Force, spaceships, Intergalactic Empires and lasers and lightsabers. Really, only spaceships and lasers are feasible in the long run.

GL also created his own version of destiny. Where if the FORCE-SENSITIVE user received a destiny, THEN IT HAPPENED. Why? Becasue of the FORCE. Which is not real. How can GL's "Force-destiny" if you will, be real if there is no FORCE? There is no Star Wars in which it can happen.

The reason we watch and follow this fantasy galaxy is becasue it entertains and interests us, the fans of GL's work and his imagination.

Lord Janus
Um, alright.

Obviously what I said went right over your head. No big deal. I'm done anyways.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Yes, but if you remove the set storyline of the saga and introduce more variables, like DS is suggesting, the destiny thing falters. Destiny relies on a set future. If the future changes, destiny changes, because individuals' choices change to meet the variables.

Anakin fell to the Dark Side, and he still achieved his destiny. I see no faltering.

To Alderaan's destruction:

Alderaan a minor world? It was one of the founding worlds of the Galactic Republic, and a figurehead of the Rebellion! I highly doubt it was 'minor' that it was completely destroyed, being that it was a 'founding father' and it was entirely peaceful.

Lord Janus
Like I said, my point wasn't seen for what it was. Whatever. I like to think outside of the box.

Captain REX
I try to stick with what GL is thinking. *shrug*

Lord Janus
Well, then why speculate at all? Hm? Part of the point of speculating on what-if scenarios is to take a different approach. Otherwise, Anakin would -never- lose a Versus match or die in a what-if scenario because the destiny never changed.

overlord
Everybody can die, don't worry.

Captain REX
I don't particularly like 'What If?' scenarios, but it seems to me that Vader has destiny backing him. After putting on the suit, I think he would become mince-meat for any Jedi still remaining, despite his prowess and power. Sure, he can lose (he lost to Luke), but he didn't bite the dust until fulfilling his destiny.

Tangible God
Kind of what I was getting at, I used big words though----meh.

Lord Janus
Well, I'm just saying... What's the point of ever leaving the movie forums and comment on speculation threads if you can't break from Vader's destiny being stuck in your head? It just seems to be wasted effort.
It'd be like me going into Matrix chat and telling them that Superman could take Neo, and then they tell me no one can take Neo because "He's the One".

That kinda make any sense?

Tangible God
Well I've gone 26 hours without sleep so I'm just confused as hell right now. Let's just say I like my way, you like yours, I'll drink a bourbon and go to bed and you do whatever it is you do.

Lord Janus
I'll drink to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.